The Male Hunter | Olympus' Tr...

By DarkShadow327

It has been one year since Gaea was defeated, one peaceful year. However, Camp Half-Blood is changing, and Pe... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Everything is Perfect. Well, it Was
Chapter 2: Run Percy, Run!
Chapter 3: The Great Percy Jackson is Dead
Chapter 4: Periplanómenos
Chapter 5: What is Lost. . .
Chapter 7: Awkward Thoughts
Chapter 8: Together Again
Chapter 9: Oaths and Dreams
Chapter 10: Shattered
Chapter 11: A Long Lost Friend Returns
Chapter 12: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 13: Thalia Hits Hard
Chapter 14: Surprise!
Chapter 15: Offers and Escapes
Chapter 16: Heroes' Last Stand
Chapter 17: Alive, but at a Price
Chapter 18: Silver Lining
Chapter 19: Siblings Reunited
Chapter 20: Dramatic Entrances
Chapter 21: Heart to Hearts
Chapter 22: Memories
Chapter 23: Plans
Chapter 24: Annabeth gets Outmaneuvered
Chapter 25: People Have the Worst Timing
Chapter 26: The King
Chapter 27: Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28: Here We Go Again
Chapter 29: Fall of the Sun
Chapter 30: Death of a Hero
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: War Games
Chapter 33: Time Alone
Chapter 34: Otherworldly Meetings
Chapter 35: Sanctuary
Chapter 36: What Could Have Been
Chapter 37: The Enemy Strikes
Chapter 38: New Members
Chapter 39: Confrontations with Artemis
Chapter 40: Under New Management
Chapter 41: New Bonds
Chapter 42: Holy Matrimony
Chapter 43: Target Acquired
Chapter 44: The Battle Begins
Chapter 45: Return of Heroes
Chapter 46: Wisdom's Fall
Chapter 47: Peace at Last
Epilogue
Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt
Percy Jackson's Unknown Companions - Excerpt
Update

Chapter 6: . . . Has Been Found

9.5K 116 82
By DarkShadow327

"We need to report back to Lady Artemis," Thalia ordered.

"But what about Periplanómenos?" another Hunter questioned.

Thalia sighed. "As much as I would love to keep chasing him Atalanta, we need to go back. Clara could be injured and the Hunt needs to know that he is more dangerous than we thought."

The other hunters grumbled in agreement. As much as they hated it, she was right.

Upon returning to the Hunter's camp Thalia headed straight for the tent of Lady Artemis. "M'Lady," Thalia called from outside. "We have returned."

"Enter," Artemis responded. Once again, Thalia found Artemis sitting on the floor amongst her many animal skins in the form of a younger girl. "I hope you have brought good news, my lieutenant."

Thalia sat across from Artemis. "Not exactly," she said, unable to meet Artemis' eyes.

"Oh?" Artemis questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Periplanómenos . . . escaped," Thalia hesitantly stated.

Artemis sighed, "I expected as much. Please, tell me your tale."

So, Thalia did. She explained the skill in combat, the water, and finally, the mini earthquake. "I haven't seen power like this since- since Percy," Thalia choked out. "If he wasn't dead. . ," she trailed off.

"You would think he was alive?" Artemis finished.

Thalia nodded as tears filled her eyes. "There's no way that he's alive, right. Hades, his. . . murderer even confessed to killing him."

Artemis looked away, guilt filling her eyes.

"My lady, is there something you're not telling me about Percy?"

Artemis looked down, suddenly taking a great interest in the furs in front of her.

"Is he alive?" Thalia pressed.

"Thalia. . ." Artemis softly replied.

"Is he alive?" Thalia roared as she jumped to her feet.

Artemis nodded slightly.

"How long have you known?" Thalia whispered as she plopped back down across from Artemis.

"Since the Winter Solstice meeting when he was declared dead," Artemis whispered.

Thalia just stared at her for a moment. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was for the best," Artemis said as she placed her hand on Thalia's knee. "It would have been obvious if you knew he was alive, no one could have faked the grief you have expressed these last couple of years."

Thalia nodded in acceptance. "Who else knows?"

"Not many. I only know of myself, Apollo, Hades, and the two demigods that faked his death. I believe you know them, Jacob, Son of Apollo and Hannah, Daughter of Hecate. If what my brother has told me is true, those two are the ones that helped him escape from the wrath of the campers in the first place," Artemis explained.

Thalia sat there in shock. Percy was alive, and she had treated two of her friends like monsters the last couple of years. "That's why you haven't been actively hunting Periplanómenos," Thalia realized. "You knew that he was Percy."

Artemis nodded. "I expect this to stay between us, for the time being," Artemis ordered as she stood up.

Thalia stood up as well, knowing that it was time to take her leave. "Of course, M'Lady," she said as she walked toward the entrance. Turning around before exiting Thalia said softly, "Thank you," before exiting. "Percy's alive," Thalia whispered as she stood outside Lady Artemis' tent, a smile tugging at her lips.

#      #      #

It had been a few hours since the Hunters attacked, and Percy had seen no sign of them since. As Apollo was beginning his trip across the sky, Percy came across a highway. He decided to follow it. It wasn't the best idea since he would be exposed and easy to track, but it was his best shot at finding a town to lay low in.

The midday sun was beating down on Percy, and with his jacket on and the hood up he was really feeling the heat. He didn't dare take it off though, who knows when the Hunters could find him. Percy had been meaning to make a better disguise for a while now, but had never gotten around to it. That was coming back to bite him now. As he trudged along Percy heard a car coming down the road from behind him Percy gave a quick glance behind him, but pushed on. As the car neared it slowed and pulled even with him.

"Young man," a kind looking old man called from the beat up pickup. "Are you okay?"

Could be a monster, Percy thought. Percy thought for a moment before making up his mind, he'd rather face a monster than take his chances with the Hunters. "Not exactly," Percy said wearily. "I've been walking for weeks looking for a new place to settle down. Is there a town close by?"

A look of concern came upon the man's face. "Coalville is down the road a ways, that's where I was heading. I could give you a ride, son."

Percy thought for a moment, and then accepted. Anything to escape the Hunters. Crossing the road Percy climbed into the passenger seat of the battered truck. As they drove Percy felt safe enough to lower his hood, there was no way this nice man was a monster. Very talkative too, during the about an hour drive Percy learned that his name was Dale, and a bunch of stuff about his children and grandchildren.

As they entered the outskirts of Coalville, Dale turned to him. "Is there anyplace specific that you would like me to drop you off, young man?"

"Main Street, if it's on your way, please."

The battered truck pulled onto Main Street, and then to the curb. "Here you are, young man. Though, I don't believe I caught your name," Dale said.

"My name is Percy," he said before pulling $25 out of a pocket in his backpack. "Take this for your troubles," Percy said as he offered the money.

"Oh, no, I can't accept that," Dale protested.

"I insist," Percy said as he slipped out the door, leaving the money on the seat.

Giving up half of his remaining money had been hard, but he had a feeling that the man needed it. Taking a look around Percy could see that Main Street was quite quaint, like something you would see in a movie. Down the street Percy saw exactly what he was looking for, a corner store. He needed some more pieces for a disguise, and he would probably be able to find some stuff in there.

As he walked down the street towards the store everyone he passed greeted him. It was so different from New York, but in a good way. Percy liked being around all these friendly people, it didn't make him feel so alone. Walking in the store he was greeted again, by both a bell and a person. It didn't take him long to find what he was looking for. Stuffing his black handkerchief into his pocket and silver-tinted sunglasses onto his face, Percy walked out of the store. He hoped that $20 would be enough to give him a place to stay for a couple of weeks. I could always get a job, I guess, Percy thought. Or move on, the Hunter's could find me here. Then he spotted something perfect, a bus stop.

#      #      #

The Hunter's raced along the side of the road, wolves leading the way. Thalia grinned, they were close, she could feel it. Suddenly, they stopped. The wolves were snuffling around in the middle of the road, looking for the scent.

"He found a ride," Artemis growled in frustration as she kicked a tree. "Thalia, do you have that map we picked up in Evanston?" Artemis asked as she turned to her lieutenant.

"Yes, M'Lady," she answered, pulling a folded up map out of her bag.

"Find the closest town. We almost got him, Periplanómenos is going to be looking for a place to lay low for a while."

Thalia traced her finger along the map until it came to a stop. "Looks like Coalville is the closest. We follow this road until we reach a break, turn left, go past a reservoir, and then it should be right there. We'll get there sometime tonight if we run."

"Then let us proceed. Move out!" Artemis ordered the Hunt, and they were off after Periplanómenos once again. The moon was at its peak by the time the Hunters reached the outskirts of the town. Looking around at her Hunters Artemis could see they were exhausted, and she immediately felt horrible. She had been pushing them hard the past few weeks in the pursuit of young Perseus Jackson. "We'll rest here for the night, then head into town in the morning," Artemis informed. This set off a chorus of "Yes M'Lady", and the sounds of tents being erected. Within minutes the Hunters had tents up, and were sleeping inside.

Artemis stared at the stars for a while, focusing on the constellation she had put there just a few years ago. "I miss you, my friend," she whispered before turning to her tent and going inside. As she was walking away the constellation brightened for a moment, almost like it was talking back.

#      #      #

Percy jerked awake as the bus came to a stop. Day was beginning to turn to night, but Percy could see that he was at his destination. Climbing off the bus Percy stepped foot into a city that was significantly bigger than the last one, Salt Lake. He thought that heading farther into Utah would be a good idea, easier to throw off the hunt if there are more people around. Well, that and this is just where the bus happened to be going. The side streets and grid pattern the city was laid out in reminded Percy of New York, but it felt much cozier.

After about an hour of wandering around Percy found a small motel that he could afford. He desperately needed supplies. Everything was running low, especially the nectar and ambrosia. Luckily, he hadn't seen a monster in a while, if he got seriously injured there wasn't much Percy could do to heal himself besides hoping that he was near water. That was when Percy realized, he hadn't called his mom since Yellowstone. She must be worried sick, Percy thought. Just as he was about to head into the bathroom to send an IM to his mom, one shimmered into existence before him.

"Hey Jake," Percy greeted. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing much," Jacob said. "Just a new Great Prophecy that involves you."

Percy laughed, "Good one." Then he saw Jacob's face, it was dead serious. He didn't have that twinkle in his eye that he gets when he's joking. "Oh, you're serious."

"Afraid so."

"Well, let's hear it," Percy sighed.

"The one known as Wanderer must be found, For they hold the key to the Hero renowned. If the Hero decides to remain alone, The traitor to Olympus will remain unknown. Eternal youth must show the way, For only they have the power to sway. One last foe the Hero must face, For the Lord of the Pit he must erase. You know what this means, right? You have to let the Hunter's catch you. You have to come back"

"No," Percy said darkly. "I'm not going back."

"Percy," Jacob pleaded. "Please. Annabeth has everyone convinced that it is about her, we need you."

"I can't go back, not after what happened."

"Percy-"

"NO," Percy interrupted. "I won't be used again!" he raged, swiping to break the connection. Percy sat on the bed, breathing hard, fuming. After a few minutes he calmed himself down, and went to call his mom.

#      #      #

The morning dawned clear and bright, and even though they had been up late the night before and were exhausted, the Hunter's were up. Artemis only took Thalia into the town, a group as big as the Hunters would attract too much attention. After a few minutes of asking around they finally came across someone who had seen where Percy had gone.

"Excuse me, miss," Thalia asked a woman that was waitressing at a diner on Main Street. "Did you happen to see a boy yesterday with black hair and green eyes going by the name of Percy? He would look like he had been traveling on the road for a while," Thalia questioned her. "You see, he's our cousin and we're quite worried about him."

"Why yes I did," she replied. "He got on a bus yesterday afternoon."

"Where was it going?" Artemis asked.

"Oh, I wouldn't know that," she replied. "You'd have to go ask Surge, he runs the corner store down the street."

"Thank you very much," said Thalia. "This is a big help." The pair then turned, and walked back onto the street.

"Happy to help!" they heard the cheery woman call after the, as they left.

In the corner store down the street, they repeated the line of questioning.

"Why yes, I did see a boy like that yesterday. Bought some sunglasses and a bandana if I's remember righ'," Surge said.

"The lady at the diner said she saw him get on a bus yesterday afternoon, do you know where it was going?" Thalia asked.

"Why yes I do, little miss," Surge replied. "That there bus went down to Salt Lake City.

"Thank you so much," Thalia said. "Do you happen to know if there's another bus going there today?"

Surge looked back at a paper tapes to the wall. Running his finger along it before landing on a spot he turned back to them and said, "Looks like there's a bus leaving at 10:00 this morning."

"How do we get tickets?"

"Oh, just pay the driver when you get on."

With that, they returned to the Hunt to tell them the news.

"Girls," Artemis said. "We have determined that Periplanómenos has traveled southwest to Salt Lake in an attempt to lose us." The Hunter's quickly jumped up and started to pack up. "Wait!" Artemis cried. "You are to stay here."

"But M'Lady," Atalanta protested. "He's too dangerous for you to take him alone!"

Artemis gave her a stern look. "I will not be alone, Thalia shall travel with me. Besides, a big group will attract too much attention, and you need your rest." This brought another round of protests from the Hunters before Artemis held up her hand to silence them. "I have pushed you hard these last weeks, you deserve a rest," she said before turning and entering her tent, marking this discussion as over.

Fifteen minutes later, Artemis emerged, packed for a trip. Thalia came out of her tent in the same condition. As they walked back towards town Thalia had a thought.

"M'Lady," Thalia said. "Maybe you should make yourself look older for a while?"

Artemis frowned, "Why?"

"Um, well, a fifteen year old and a twelve year old traveling alone attract an awful lot of attention."

"Hmm, you have a point," Artemis responded, before aging herself.

Thalia watched as the little child beside her grew into a young woman of about eighteen or nineteen. It didn't take long for the pair to reach the bus stop. When they arrived it was just pulling up, so they climbed on, paid, and settled in for a trip.

One uneventful trip later Lady Artemis and Thalia found themselves in Salt Lake.

"How are we supposed to find him here?" Thalia mused. "He could have gone anywhere!"

"Think, my lieutenant, Perseus has been on the run for quite some time. Even with some help, he cannot have much funds. Thus, we start in the places where he could rest without spending much of his money," Artemis explained.

"Oh, ya, that makes sense," Thalia said, feeling a little sheepish.

The pair traveled from motel to motel, looking for Percy and leaving a trail of men clutching the place where Apollo doesn't shine in their wake. Finally, they reached a motel that showed some promise.

"Why yes, we did have a young man fitting that description check in yesterday. Although, he signed in under the name 'Peter Johnson'."

"That's him!" Thalia exclaimed. "Could we have his room number? We're terribly worried about our cousin."

"You seem like nice enough young ladies," the woman said. "He's in room 22b. Just head up, the stairs and it'll be the hallway on the right."

Percy was sitting in his room when he heard a knock at the door. Heading over he looked through the little hole to see who it was, the sight made him stumble back in panic. How did they find me! Percy thought, his mind trying to think of a way to escape. Putting on his glasses, bandanna around his face, and grabbing his bag Percy made his way over to the window. The pounding on the door intensified.

"We know you're in there Periplanómenos!" Thalia shouted from the other side. "Either you come out or we come in!"

Percy tugged on the window, but it wouldn't budge. Well, that's not very safe, Percy thought. As he was trying to think of a new way to escape the pounding on the door stopped. The peace didn't last for long though, because the door then flew open, revealing two very angry looking huntresses. Hand flying to his pocket Percy pulled out Riptide and dropped into a defensive stance.

"You led us on quite the chase, Periplanómenos," the older one said. "Or should I say, Perseus Jackson."

A/N: Well, I guess even Percy Jackson can't escape when Artemis is determined to catch him. But, as they say, he certainly "gave it the ol' college try". Anyways, what happens next? Will Percy escape? Will Artemis take him to Olympus? Will he travel with the Hunt?

Have a great day, and don't let Artemis catch you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 684 21
TAKES PLACE AFTER THE BURNING MAZE but before The Tower of Nero and The Tyrants Tomb (I wrote this ages ago lmao) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~• ~~~~~~~~...
141K 4.1K 35
WARNING: badly written but a rewrite is up on my page REDAMANCY | Lorna and her friends are the demigods of the great prophecy. Together, they will s...
396K 8.3K 67
Everyone at Camp Half blood and Camp Jupiter believe Leo is dead. However, Leo is very much alive. He just reunited with Calypso, the most beautiful...
34.9K 741 16
Ever since Percy went on the quest with Frank and Hazel, he has been hearing her whispering in his mind. Gaea keeps haunting him in his dreams. Tell...