What The Alpha Says...Goes (b...

By DoUbLeZone

How can you love someone you fear? Laken is a werewolf; the runt of the pack. What happens when the Alpha sta... More

Chapter 1: He hates me...
Chapter 2: Should have fed the damn goldfish...Karma
Chapter 3: Mine
Chapter 4: I must be dreaming
Chapter 5: Dear Lord have mercy...
Chapter 6: The moon always masks reality
Chapter 8: Are you starting to see a pattern here?
Chapter 9: Nothing About That Is Normal
Chapter 10: How do you know my name?
Chapter 11: Shattered glass and crazy hearts
Chapter 12: Ice cream and Skittles
Chapter 13: Diamond hearts
Chapter 14 : Chemical attraction?
Chapter 15: This Isn't the eighteenth century!
Chapter 16: Give him a chance...
Chapter 17: The Council's girls
Chapter 18: I love you, please don't leave me
Chapter 19: I'll take the left...
Chapter 20: The sins of the father...
Chapter 21: Where's Carson?
Chapter 22: Promises you can't keep.
Chapter 23: I feel nothing...
Chapter 24: Talking to a dead man
Chapter 25: Implications be damned
Chapter 26: Gather your arms men it's time for War!
Chapter 27: Fairy tales are for children.
Chapter 28: It's simple, kill or be killed.
Chapter 29 Those three words

Chapter 7: Alpha's Orders

336K 8.9K 2.7K
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 7

PrEvIoUsLy

“Can I at least join next semester instead?” I asked hopeful.

He chuckled, ruffled my hair with his hands then bent to kiss my forehead, “What am I gonna do with you?”

PRESENT (Later that night)

“I bet you really miss him.” 

He was standing at the only book shelf in the room, holding a picture of his father in hand. He smiled when I said it then glanced over to where I sat in the couch.

“The way my father treated the pack was a far cry from the way he treated me. He’s lucky someone else finished him otherwise I’d have done the job myself.”

He didn’t say it with an ounce of malice, but rather like he was simply stating a fact and I shivered at the calm way in which he could discuss ending someone’s life. It reminded me of exactly who I was dealing with here.We may have had sex once but that didn’t mean he’d changed. He was still the big bad Alpha who wouldn’t think twice about punishing anyone who disobeyed him…including me.

“Then why do you keep it?”  I wanted to know what kind of person kept the picture of someone they had dreamed of killing.

He put down the picture, walked over to the couch opposite me and sat down.” I don’t miss him, yes I would have killed him, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t love him.” He chuckled then went on, “Sounds crazy but… he was my father, after my mom died he was all I had.” He shrugged.

Carson’s mother had been killed in a pack raid when he was 5 years old. Surprisingly though the Alpha had continued on as if nothing was amiss, he hadn’t taken out his anger on the pack, he hadn’t even mourned...not really. Strange.

 I didn’t have to ask what he meant when he said his father treated him differently because I knew all about that. People tended to show only the side of them that they wanted othersto see, most of my bullies had been that way.

I gave him a cursory glance only to find him staring openly at me. There were so many things I wanted to say, to ask him, but I didn’t know if I would be passing my place so I bit my lip and looked away.

“If there’s something you need to say, go ahead and say it Laken. I don’t ever want you to feel as if you can’t speak your mind when you’re with me.”

It was as if he read my mind. I blushed but chose to remain silent. So many questions were whirling around in my head I had no idea where to start so we remained silent for a while, each of us trapped in our own thoughts before I decided I had to get my answers while I had the chance.

“How come you never talked to me…you know…before you turned Alpha?” I intoned, my eyes searching his face.

“Because if I had, then we’d end up in the same situation we’re in now,” he looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if daring me to say otherwise. When I didn’t he went on, “and if my father had found out, being the Alpha, he’d have had you killed.” he said it a matter-of-factly and I shivered at his words.

“So… does anyone else know that you’re bisexual?” 

He looked at me, “I’m not bisexual Laken, I’ve only ever been attracted to males.”  Then his eyes narrowed

“What about you?”

 ‘S-same.”

I looked around the room as silence descended. I must say, this was one of the most awkward conversations I had ever had and I couldn’t wait for the day we’d be able to speak without a care in the world.

“You remember that day by the lake?” I asked.

He nodded and I went on.

“When you said, you wanted to be free...what did you mean by that? I mean you’re the Alpha, you can do whatever you want. Is it that you don’t want to be Alpha?” I said it all in one breath, curiosity burning in my eyes.

“Of course I want to be Alpha, it’s in my blood. It’s just that the only rule in which an Alpha has to submit to is the only rule I can’t obey.”

My brows furrowed in confusion and I opened my mouth to ask what rule he meant, but he went on.

“An Alpha is expected to find a mate and produce an heir. Everyone expects it. It’s an un written rule but it’s binding.”

“But if you’re gay then how…oh!” my eyes widened in understanding.

He nodded.

“What are you gonna do?” I was now sitting at the edge of my seat desperate to hear his next words.

“I’ll have to tell the pack I won’t be producing an heir. I’ll have to tell them I’m gay.” He rose from his seat and came to lie in my couch, resting his head in my lap. After a brief moment of hesitation, I began to run my fingers threw his hair.

“You said it was binding right? So if you disobey, then what will happen?” my finger drifted from his soft tresses and I found myself tracing the outline of his soft damp lips. He smiled trying to catch my finger between his teeth but I giggled before pulling away. He smiled and almost immediately, he grew serious.

“If-no when I tell the pack, if  anyone’s against it then he or she can try to take my place as Alpha.”

“How…Like put it to a vote?”

He chuckled, “More like fight to the death.”

I waited for him to laugh it off, saying he was only joking but when he didn’t I froze on the spot.

“You’re serious?!” I stated shocked to my core.

He looked up at me, “I wouldn’t joke about something like this Laken.”

I pushed against his head and sprang up from the seat, I was angry “How can you lie there and tell me you’re going to die so calmly, like you don’t even care? Like there’s no one here who would hurt if you were gone?”

My voice broke on the last word. I couldn’t believe he was taking the situation lightly. It pissed me off and it broke my heart.

I took a step back as he approached me. I couldn’t stand his touch right now! “I can’t believe you’ve just given up!”

“Laken calm down, I didn’t say anything about giving up. Telling the pack isn’t a death sentence. I will fight anyone who opposes me and I won’t lose.” He said this with conviction.

“But how can you be so sure?”

He smiled, “Are you saying you don’t think I can win? He raised his hand to brush away a stray lock that had fallen into my face and I hit his hand away.

“This isn’t a game Carson! You could be killed!”

I had to make him see reason!

“I know it’s not a game Laken, but honestly what do you want me to do? Walk around here pissed at the world all the time? I know this is a big deal, I know there is a possibility I could be hurt, or worse...killed, but you have to have faith that I won’t.” He had finally gone serious now. His arms were crossed and his feet were apart.

“I do have faith in you,” I whispered. “I know you’re strong but I just…can’t you just go on like you are now? Just don’t tell the pack, that way you’ll never have to fight.” I raised my hope filled eyes to his…willing him to accept my proposition.

“And what do you think will happen when every full moon passes and years down the line I still don’t have a mate? What then? Do you think the pack will accept that?”

“well…”

“No. I don’t want them to accept that. I can’t go on fooling the pack, I won’t. I need to be free Laken, I’ll accept nothing less.” His voice had gone softer but his eyes still glinted with determination and I knew I had lost; he’d do it anyway and probably get himself killed in the process.

“So… I guess...this is it then?”

Surprisingly he chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Stop looking as if the world is coming to an end I didn’t say I was going to tell them right away.”

I tried to smile but it didn’t really work and he looked at me, his eyes growing soft, “You really care about me don’t you?”

My eyes widened and I blushed about 30 shades of red then quickly turned around so he couldn’t see before I started walking towards to couch.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, all I said was-“

I was cut off mid speech when he grabbed me around my waist, I could feel his smile against my ear. “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone.” He whispered seductively and damn if I didn’t feel it down to my toes. What is ‘it’ you ask? Damned if I knew.

A load pounding sounded at the door and we broke apart immediately. “Carson!”

It was Thomas, the Beta. “Carson! We have a situation!”

Carson rushed to the door and opened it wide, the beta stood there drenched to his boots  and I wondered if there had been a recent downpour but outside showed no sign of rain. He was pressing heavily into the door frame  and it looked as though if he moved an inch he would fall to the ground. There was  a huge gash on his forehead and blood cascaded freely down his face forcing his right eyes shut.

“Shit!” Carson grabbed him before he fell, trying to get him through the door.

“No-no help him!” he gasped out tiredly. It was then that we noticed two figures behind him. They were both on the ground. One was stretched on his back with his head in the other figure’s lap. I couldn’t make out their faces but they didn’t look  to be in good shape.

“Help me with him!” Carson called out to me and I rushed over to give assistance. We pretty much carried Thomas over to the couch and put him to lie down. Then we ran over to the other two outside.

The rain wasn’t falling but lightening flashed illuminating the sky for a brief second and I was able to make out their features. The figure on the ground was a man looking to be in his mid to late thirties and the person crouched beside him was a boy about my age if not a year older. He had tears running down his face and he kept saying the word “Dad Dad Dad” over and over again.

“Are you hurt?!” Carson shouted at him the second time because he had failed to answer the first.

“N-No.” the boy forced out between broken sobs, “Just help him please!”

With a sharp eye for detail Carson perused the man’s injuries, trying to find the best way to move him.

“Laken his legs!” I was there in an instant and we lifted the silent man, me holding the legs and Carson under his armpits. When we got inside we lay him on the rug on the floor next to the coffee table and Carson proceeded to peel off the guy’s bloodied shirt.

“Is he gonna be alright?” it was the only thing I could think to say. Carson’s eyes flashed up to mine. His eyes were surprisingly calm.

“Go get the doctor.”

I nodded then turned on my heels, pushing past the boy who stood at the door looking utterly helpless and lost. I took a shortcut, running through alleys and jumping over garbage cans as I went. I fell twice skinning my palms and one knee but I kept running as if my life depended on it because surely the boy’s father’s life certainly did.

 I banged on the doctors door, calling out his name while I did so. Relief poured through me when I saw a light flicker on then the door opened. Doctor Brody stepped out in only his boxers while he wiped sleep from his eyes.

“The Alpha needs you!” was all I shouted but he was alert in an instant, he ran back inside for a second and came back with a small black bag and we were off.

It was late by the time the doctor left, having instructed Carson how to deal with the patient. He was going to the hospital for some supplies and would be back within the hour.  We had moved the man to Carson’s guest room where he lay somewhat stable in the twin bed. His son sat in a chair by his side clasping his hand.

Carson stood in the living room listening as Thomas relayed the news of what happened. He sat in the chair, a glass of water in his hand. A large bandage encased his forehead and his bare chest.

“I was out for a run when I spotted them, there were three of them in their wolf form blazing down the hill with two wolves after them. They caught the little one and that guy went back to help” he said this nodding his head to the hall way. Indicating the father and son in the bedroom.

“but he couldn’t fight them off so the other wolf  they were running with turned back to help him too.”  he shook his head then went on, “You should have seen it Carson, there were two of them and four of us and we couldn’t beat them. I’ve never seen wolves that strong. I managed to injure one of them before we got away but the other guy-"

“He was my uncle.” we all looked up when we heard the voice. The boy from earlier stood at the doorway, his eyes were red but he was no longer crying.

“Why were they chasing you? Where is your pack?” Carson questioned.

“Those were two of the pack guards, we turned rogue just minutes before and the Alpha sent them after us.” he said quietly.

“Why did you turn rogue?” I asked this before I could stop myself.

The boy simply looked at me, then turned his head away without answering.

“Where’s your uncle?” Carson asked instead.

 The boy’s bottom lip quivered and he shook his head.

“He didn’t make it, but we should send someone out there, it was close to our territory” Thomas spoke up.

Carson nodded; “Gather the council; we’ll head out there now.” He ordered and in an instant Thomas was on the phone. Carson exited the house, and a moment later the horn sounded. He was sounding the alarm to alert the other  pack members.

It didn’t take long for everyone to gather in the courtyard, I stood off to the side watching the commotion with wide eyes. I couldn’t remember anything like this happening before.

“There are wolves in our territory, as well as a dead werewolf not far up north, Your orders are to find his body and to scope out the border. We need to ensure the pack’s safety.” Carson was addressing our guard which consisted of one hundred and fifty-two werewolves; male and female. “Half will go and half will stay here. Decide among yourselves who stays and who goes, we leave in five minutes.

In an instant everyone was talking, and shouting to be heard over each other.

It took me longer than it should have to realize he had said ‘we’. Of course he would be going, he was the Alpha. I quicly made my way over to him standing close by, he was talking to the council elder and he glanced up when he saw me.

“Excuse me.” he said to the elder and made his way over to where I stood.

“Let me come with you Carson.” I blurted out the first thing that came to me.

He shook his head in disbelief ,“Laken I don’t have time for games right now” he turned to leave, shouting to his men as he did;

“It’s time to move out!”

I grabbed his arm, “Please! I’m not joking, let me come I could help!” I pleaded desperately. I couldn’t watch him leave tonight. What if he never came back? The thought petrified me. I knew I was small and incapable of protecting myself, but I could protect him even if I had to jump in front of him to save his life, I just couldn’t stand the thought of him being hurt. I couldn’t lose him.

“Laken I can’t take you with me, the whole time we’d be out there I’d be worrying for your safety and that’s a distraction I can’t have right now. Stay here, I’ll be back.”  Once again he turned to go.

“No!” I shouted and his head whipped around to me. His eyes widened.  A few other wolves were looking on at us.

“Alpha, we leave at your instructions sir!” one male from the guard shouted.

My heart grew heavy as he looked at me, his mind was already made up. I saw him glance through the crowd, but I couldn’t look away from his face.

“Michael!” he called.. My eyes widened.

Why was he calling my dad?

In an instant I felt my father grab my arm firmly. I looked up at Carson with tears in my eyes.

“Stay here. That’s a order.” He said this with the authority only an Alpha could carry off and I flinched.

A second later they were off, seventy-six werewolves and my Alpha, blazing into the forest, only to be gobbled up by darkness. It was only then that I let the tears fall.

                                                      AUTHOR'S NOTES

 UHM..YEAH..ENJOY.  LEMME KNOW IF YOU WANT A SHOUTOUT!

ShOuT OuTs: To Hockeyplayeer44 and Kshixey... hugs and kisses to ya!

THANKS LOVELIES!- DoUbLe.A

-unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 120 21
His Hostage, His mate, His love. Sam, a seasoned beta of his brother's pack is tasked with a dangerous mission: infiltrate the territory of their ri...
70.6K 1.5K 20
This story is about how a new kid who is a nerd ends up getting these 2 twin wolfs brothers to fall for him and these twins are the captain of the fo...
45.3K 979 32
Your just an average guy. An average guy in danger. Till one day you met Liam Payne, a werewolf. There's something about you that Liam likes...
1.3M 80.8K 46
An Alpha who can't shift. A human with a special gift. -- Alpha Erik is always angry. An Alpha who can't shift was regarded as the lowest of the low...