Saving the world (Five Hargre...

Από Avengergirl99

This story is about family and about stick together, no matter what. And that real love never really disappea... Περισσότερα

Cast
1. The family
2. Bad news
3. A family reunion
4. Accuse and thunder
5. Apologize and the funeral
6. The fight in the diner
7. The truth and flashback
9. Delores
10. Better than you
11. Attack at the Academy
12. As long as you live
13. Number 5
14. The day that wasn't
15. The day that was
16. The Red Dragon
17. Changes and the dance
18. How to save the world
19. Saving the world
Book 2 is out!

8. The prosthetic eye.

1.5K 27 1
Από Avengergirl99

"Promise yourself. No matter how hard it gets, you'll never give up on your dreams"

---

Flashback start...

Grace rang the bell telling that dinner was ready. Maddie and the others rushed out of their rooms and towards the stairs.

"Maddie, wait" someone said causing her to stop and turn around to see Five running up to her. "I want to ask you about something" he said "What?" she asked "Are you doing anything tonight?" he asked "No, not really, why?" she asked "Because I know a nice café, so I was thinking if you wanna go with me, just the two of us alone, talking about stuff and---"

"Five, are you asking me out on a date?" Maddie asked, cutting him off "Yeah" he said nervous and Maddie let out a small chuckled "So what do you say, do you wanna go on a date with me?" he asked "I would love to" she said and he smiled "Great. Then tonight when everyone is asleep. Meet me in my room and I will take us to a nice Cafè" he said "Sound wonderful, I will ask Freddy to cover for us. Can't wait" she said and Five smiled "I can't wait either" he said before they smiled to each other.

They walked into the living room with the others and they all walked over to stand behind their seat while the gramophone was playing Herr Carlson speaking.

Then Reginald walked into the living room. He walked over to his chair at the end of the table and sat down "Sit" he ordered and the kids sat down before they started eating.

There was totally silence, since one of Reginald 's rules was no talking during mealtimes.

Luther and Allison was smiling at each other across from the table. Klaus was sitting next to Allison, preparing a cigarette under the table. Diego was sitting next to Luther twirled with his knife under the table while Five was sitting next to Diego with Maddie sitting on his right while Ben was sitting next to Klaus, reading a book, barely paying any attention to his food.

Freddy was sitting next to Ben, across Maddie and next to Vanya who was silently sitting at the end of the table eating her food.

Five wasn't eating, he was staring at their dad with an angry look.

Five looked at Maddie who shook her head, she knew what he was about to do, he want to time travel but Reginald told him no and that he wasn't ready.

Without breaking eye contact with their father, Five grabbed his knife, holding it tight, before he stabbed the knife in the table making a loud clangs causing everyone to look up with horrified stare.

"Number Five?" Reginald asked "I have a question" Five said bitterly as he let go of the knife that was still stuck to the table.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson" Reginald said.

Their father's unwillingness to listen or care made Five's blood boil and he push angrily his plate away "I want to time travel" he demanded and their father looked at him unalarmed at his outburst "No" he said.

Maddie looked at Five and she knew exactly where this was going. Five would probably be grounded for sure. No missions, extra chores and training, but what was worse, not contact with her or the others.

"But I'm ready. I've veen practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said" Five said, getting up from his chair before he blink over next to their dad "See?" he said but Reginald didn't even look up from his plate, not amazed with Five's gift.

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depth of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn" Reginald said, waving a hand.

Everyone went back to their meals and Five looked angrily at Reginald before locking eyes with Maddie, who gave him a pleading look. She was hoping he would just sit down before the situation escalated.

"Well, I don't get it" Five said "Hence the reason you're not ready" Reginald replied.

Five looked over at Maddie and she kinda knew what he was going to do, so she shook her head.

Five looked back at their dad "I'm not afraid" he countered "Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore" Reginald said.

But Five shook his head as he took a deep breath before he turned around, running out of the room angry "Number Five! You haven't been excused!" Reginald shouted after him but Five ran towards the front door.

"Five!" Maddie yelled as she jumped up from her chair and ran after him "Number Eight, you haven't been excused either!" Reginald shouted "Whatever" Maddie said as she ran out of the living room "Maddie. WAIT" Freddy shouted, jumping up from his chair and ran after Maddie, ignoring Reginald shouting after them "Come back here!" Reginald shouted.

Maddie opened the front door and saw Five walking down the street "Five, wait!" she shouted before she grabbed his left wrist and he turned around to look at her "Stop, Five. Don't do it" she said "I have to. I have to prove myself to dad that I can do it" he said "Please, don't go. You don't have to prove anything" she said and they looked into each other's eyes.

Five then put her face in his hands before he lay a kiss on her forehead while she closed her eyes.

Then the door to the Academy opened and Freddy rushed out "Don't do it Five, you don't know what you are doing. It can be dangerous" he said "I have to" Five said "Please don't leave me" she said "I will be back in a few hours, for our date" he said before he looked at Freddy "Watch out for her until I get back" Five said "You have my word. I will stay with her until you get back. I promise" Freddy said and the two sent each other a nod before Five looked at Maddie "Please don't go" she whispered with a quite sob.

"I promise I will return and then the two of us are going on that date and then I will take you away from this shitty life. I promise I will come back for you. I will not leave you alone in this place" he said and he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before turning around, running away.

Five clenched his fist causing Maddie to widened her eyes knowing what he was about to do.

Run boy run! The sun will be guiding you

Five let out a grunt as he disappeared, before he appeared on the same street to see that the fall have turned to summer which cause him to smile.

Run boy run! They're dying to stop you
Run boy run! This race is a prophecy

He smiled as he saw that he had teleported through time "Not ready, my ass" he said before he let out a grunt as he teleported again and appeared on the street again where he noticed it was snowing.

Run boy run! Break out from society

"One more time and then I will travel back and show Maddie" he said before he teleported again, and appeared the same place but everything was destroyed.

Five's eyes widened when he saw that everything was destroyed.

Tomorrow is another day
And you won't have to hide away

He looked around confused before he turned around and started running the other way towards the Academy.

You'll be a man, boy!
But for now it's time to run, it's time to run!

But only to find it destroyed as well and he started panting as he was looking around while he was in shock over what has happened. 

Run boy run! This ride is a journey to

"MADDIE. FREDDY. VANYA. BEN! DAD" he shouted but no answer.

Run boy run! The secret inside of you

 "ANYONE!" he shouted again as he looked around, but there was no one answer, not a single soul or a sound other than the sound from the flames that have appeared different place.

Run boy run! This race is a prophecy
Run boy run! And disappear in the trees

Five then clenched his fist before he jolted his body forward as he tried to teleport again, the sound of whooshing and creaking was heard as blue light appeared around his hands, but nothing happen.

He then tried again but it didn't work "Come on!" he shouted as he kept trying.

But nothing happen "Shit" he said as he knew what it mean, it meant that he has used up his powers and therefore couldn't blink anymore and he didn't know when his powers would come back again.

He looked around the place with tears in his eyes as he felled down on his knees while looking at the Academy that was destroyed just like the rest of everything around him.

"I'm so sorry, Maddie" he said as he stared at the collapsing Academy.

He have just lost everything, his home, his family, his best friends, the love of his life, everything. He had nothing left.

Flashback ends...

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find" Five said and chuckled as he was holding a cup of coffee while he was sitting on the chair as Vanya was sitting on the couch in front of him while Maddie was standing leaning against the wall with Freddy standing next to her.

"You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life?" Five asked and Vanya nodded "Well, it's total bullshit" Five said "I can't even imagine" Vanya said "You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die" Five said "True" Maddie said inside her head.

"So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it" Five said "We?" Maddie asked "Delores" Five said.

"Ah, right, Delores" Maddie said inside her head with a jealous voice "Jealous" Freddy whispered "Shut up" Maddie whispered back.

"You got anything stronger?" Five asked as he lifted up his cup and Vanya got up before she walked over to the kitchen to grab a glass and a bottle of alcohol before she poured down the liqour into the glass for Five.

Five grabbed the glass and drank from it before he looked at Vanya and he noticed her expression which cause him to sigh "You think I'm crazy" he said "No" she said stammering "It's just...It's a lot to take in" she said "Exactly what don't you understand?" he asked.

"Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asked causing Five to scoffs before he let out a sigh "Gee, wish I'd thought of that" he said sarcastically.

"Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed. You think, I didn't try everything to get back to my family? Back to Maddie?" he asked causing Maddie to look at him.

"If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?" Vanya asked "I told you already" Five said and walked past her before putting down his glass and let out a sigh "I must have got the equations wrong" he said as he poured himself another drink.

"I mean, Dad always used to say that...time travel could mess up your mind" Vanya said as Five took a sip from his glass "Well, maybe that's what's happening?" Vanya asked "This was a mistake. You're too young...too naive to understand. Come Maddie" Five said and grabbed Maddie's hand before walking towards the door "No, Maddie, Five...Five wait" Vanya said and Five stopped "I haven't see you in a long time, and I don't want to lose you again. That's all" Vanya said and Five looked at Maddie, not really know how to respond.

"And you know what, it's getting late, and...I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you two do, too" Vanya said and walked over to the couch "Here" she said and pulled out two blankets "We'll talk in the morning again. Okay? I promise" she said before she looked at Freddy "I hope you don't mind sleeping on the floor" she said and Freddy shook his head "No" he mumbled.

Five looked down as Vanya walked past them towards her bedroom "Night" she said, looking at the three "Night" Five responds before she closed the door.

Five sat down on the couch, looking at the prosthetic eye as he let out a sigh.

"I have a feeling that the two of you are not planning on staying here for the night" Freddy said "You're right" Maddie said as as Five turned the prosthetic eye around to see the serial number "Come on" he said as he got up before they walked over to the door and opened it slowly before leaving.

The next morning.

Five was holding the prosthetic eye in his hand as him Maddie was at that adresses the man at the diner have giving Five.

Freddy was in his mouse form hiding in Maddie's inder pocket, and while Maddie and Five was waiting for a doctor, they started to look around and they could hear indistinct chatter as they were standing ten feet away from the receptionist's desk.

They were in Meritech Prosthetics, which was a lab.

It didn't take long before a man in a lab coat came walking in, going towards the receptionist's desk, but he stopped when he saw Maddie and Five "Uh, can I help you two?" he asked causing Maddie and Five to turn around and look at him.

Five took a quick look at the prosthetic eye in his hand before the two stepped closer to him "We need to know who this belongs to" Five said as he lifting up the eye so the man could see "Where did you get that?" the man asked "What do you care?" Maddie asked and the man raised his eyebrow.

"We...We found it...at a playground, actually. Uh, must have just..." Five said before he paused and clicks his tongue "...Popped right out" he finished with a smile.

"We wanna return it to its rightful owner" Maddie said "Oh...What thoughtful young kids" said the woman by the counter "Did she just call you two 'young kids'" Freddy whispered.

"Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Five said in a sharp tone while looking at the receptionist with a innocent and fakely smile on his face.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential."Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you..." "Yeah, we know what it means" Maddie said, cutting the man off "But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just..." the man said and reach to grab the eye, but Maddie grabbed his wrist as Five moved his hand where he was holding the eye back "Yeah, you're not touching this eye" they said before Maddie let go of his wrist.

"Now, listen here, little girl..." but then Five grabbed the man by his shirt's collar and pulled him down to his eye level before he glared at him causing the man to grunt "Oh, no, you pissed him off, bad decision" Maddie said "No! You listen to me, asshole. I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need, and we'll be on our merry way. And if you call her 'little girl' one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall" Five said "Oh dear" the receptionist said "Call security" the man said "Yeah" she said and grabbed the phone "Five, we better go" Maddie said and Five sent the man one last angry stare before he let go of him "Come on, Maddie, let's go" he said and turned around before they left.

As they were in the elevator Freddy crawled up to sit on Maddie's shoulder "That's didn't go so well. So what are we doing now?" he asked "We need someone who looks like an adult" Five said "Someone who can look like our dad" Maddie said "I can do it" Freddy said "No, you will get too much into it, go overbord and kill him, which almost happen the last time, remember?" Maddie asked and Freddy sighed, "You are right, I better not" he said.

"What happen last time?" Five asked "Not the time" Maddie said "Well, I have some killing issues, which mean if I am in a fight or are trying to get information out of someone, I can get too much into it and I will go overbord which mean I will end up killing them instead" Freddy said "Then it is a bad idea for you to do it" Five said and Freddy nodded "Yeah, I should probably just stay in the inner pocket" he said and Maddie nodded "It's probably for the best" she said before she took a deep breath "Then we need someone else. Someone crazy enough to fool that man into giving us a name" she said.

There was a few seconds of silence before the three shared a look "Are you two thinking about the same person I'm thinking about" Maddie said and the two nodded.

---

Vanya opened the door to the Academy "Five. Maddie" she called out as she walked towards the stairs "Are you two upstairs?" she asked.

Vanya walked upstairs and towards Five's room. She saw Maddie sitting on Five's bed with Freddy laying on his back, reading next to her, while Five was standing by the window, looking out "Oh, thank God. I was worried sick about you, both of you" Vanya said and looked at Maddie "Sorry I left without saying goodbye" Five said as he turned around to look at her.

"No, look I'm the one that should be sorry" Vanya said and Five turned around before putting his hands in his pockets as he stepped closer to her.

"Yeah, I was dismissive, and...I--I guess I didn't know how to process what you were saying. And I still can't, to be honest" Vanya said "Maybe you were right to be dismissive" Five said before he scoffs "Maybe it wasn't real after all" he said and turned around before walking over to his desk "It felt real" he said as he put his hand on a toy truck that was standing on the desk before he rolled it back and forth on the desk "Well...like you said, the old man did say time travel could contaminate the mind" he said, walking back to Vanya with a smile.

Maddie looked at Five, she could never tell how, but she knew that he was lying or maybe just pretending that it wasn't real. 

Even so it has being years since she saw him, she could still see that he was lying.

"Then maybe I'm not the right person for you to be talking to" Vanya said and took a quick look over at Maddie before she looked back at Five "Look, I used to see someone. A therapist. I could give you her information" Vanya said "Thanks, but...I think I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep" Five said "Okay" Vanya said with a sigh before she turned around and walked towards the door, leaving the room.

Once Vanya left, Five walked over to the door to check if she was really gone.

As soon as he reach the door, the closet next to it opened and items felled out with a clatter sound "That's so..." Klaus said as he felled out of the closet.

Klaus put his hand over his heart, tripping over the objects on the floor "...touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" he said "Would you shut up" Five spat as he turned to Klaus "She'll hear you" he said as he pointed at the door.

"I'm moist" Klaus said and Five eyed him down, looking at his clothes "I thought I told you to put on something professionel" he said.

"What? This is my nicest outfit" Klaus said and Five sighed as he rolled his eyes "We can raid the old man's closet" Maddie said "Good idea" Five said "As long as I get paid" Klaus said "When the job is done" Five said as the four walked out of the room.

"Okay, but just so we're clear on the finer details" Klaus said and the three stopped before they turned around to look at him "I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your guys dear old dad, correct?" he asked "Yeah. Something like that" Maddie said "What's our cover story?" Klaus asked "What? What are you talking about?" Five asked "I mean, was I like young when I had you? Like, 16? Like, young and...terribly misguided?" Klaus asked in a overdramatic voice as he put his hands on his chest dramatically "Sure" Five said, going along with what Klaus said.

"Your mother, that slut" Klaus said in a overdramatic voice "Whoever she was. We met at..." he said as he looked around the room before he turned his head back to Maddie and Five as a smile appeared on his face "...the disco" he said and chuckled "Okay? Remember that" Klaus said and snapped his fingers "Oh, my God, the sex was amazing" he said before he looked at Maddie and Five "You two should do it" he said "Jesus Klaus" Maddie said as she rolled her eyes.

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain" Five said before he turned around and continued walking down the hallway "Don't make me put you in time-out" Klaus said, pointing his finger at him.

---

Maddie, Klaus and Five was in the doctor's office.

"Like I said to your kids earlier, any information about the prosthetic we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you" the doctor said as he was sitting on his chair by his desk "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name" Five said as he took a tight grip on the table.

"Well, that's not my problem" the doctor said "That asshole, I can get him to talk" Freddy whispered from inside Maddie's inder pocket "Not a good idea, you will end up killing him, so be quiet" Maddie whispered.

"Sorry. Now, there's really nothing more I can do, so--" "And what about my consent?" Klaus asked, cutting the doctor off and he looked at him "Excuse me?" he asked "Who gave you permission...to lay your hands...on my kids?" Klaus asked as he pointed on Maddie and Five.

"What?" the doctor, Five and Maddie asked confused while looking at Klaus "You heard me" Klaus said "I didn't touch your son" the doctor said "Oh, really?" Klaus said as he leaned forward in his chair "Well, then how did he get that swollen lip, then?" he asked before getting up.

"He doesn't have a swollen..." but the doctor got cut off when Klaus swung his arm around and punched Five by the mouth causing his body to turn as he grunt, his hand shooting up to where Klaus had punched him.

Maddie let out a gasp "And how did my wonderful daughter get that bruise on her cheek?" Klaus asked and Five glanced at him 'Don't you dare touch her' he said inside his head as he glanced at him with a killer look.

Klaus then punched Maddie across the face causing her to let out a groan "What the hell!" she shouted at Klaus.

Five rushed over to Maddie and grabbed her face while looking at the bruise.

"I want it. Name, please. Now" Klaus said as he turned to the doctor "You're crazy" the doctor said as he pointed his finger at him and Klaus chuckled "You got no idea" he said and looked down on a snow globe that was standing by the table.

"'Pace on Earth'" Klaus said as he picked it up "That's so sweet" he said before he smashed it into his own head causing the glass to shattered all over his head and hair while he let out a groan.

As Klaus smashed it into his head, Five push Maddie behind him, shielding her from the glass while Klaus let out a small yell in pain.

Klaus let out a groan as he lifted his head and some glass shards felled down on the floor while the others were still in his hair. 

The liquid from the globe dropped down his face making it mixed with the blood from his face.

"God, that hurt" he said, removing his hands from his face, it was bleeding a little bit from his forehead and he was a little bit wet and had some fake snow after smashing the snow globe on his face.

The doctor grabbed the phone "I'm calling secur..." but cut off when Klaus lunged forward and he wrestled the phone from the doctor before he put it up to his ear "What are you doing?" the doctor asked and Klaus started gasping "There's been an assault...in Mr. Big's office, and we need security, now. Schnell" he said into the phone before he dropped the phone on the desk while he sighed.

"I think you better listen now" Maddie said "Now, here's what gonna happen, Grant" Klaus said as he looked at the doctor "It's...Lance" he said 

"In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna burst through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot of blood, and they're gonna wonder 'What the hell happened'?" Klaus said and Five smirked as he realized that Klaus was not so bad after all.

"And we're gonna tell them that you...beat the shit out of us" Klaus said as he started sobbing dramatically before he let out a sigh "You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. Little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a..." he said as he started moving his body around in circles before stopping and put a hand out "You're just. You're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying" he said with a smile "Jesus, you are a real sick bastard" Lance said "Thank you" Klaus said before he spits out some glass and Five looked at the doctor with a smile.

---

While Lance struggled to look through all the files quickly, Maddie and Five stood on the other side of the counter across from Lance while Klaus was sitting on the counter, leaning with his one hand on the desk as his other arm was draped over his crossed legs as he sat to the right side of Lance.

Lance found a file before he lifted it up and opened it "Oh, that's strange" he said "What?" Five asked "Uh, the eye. It hasn't been purchased by a client yet" Lance said and Klaus jumped down from the counter to the other side, making him stand next to Lance "What? What do you mean?" he asked before he started walking around to the other side of Lance making him feel uncomfortable.

"Well, uh, our logs say that the eye with that serial number...." Lance said before he looked down on the file while Klaus walked over to the other side of him "This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet" Lance said before he looked up at Five "Where did you get that eye?" he asked and Five let out a sigh as he looked down.

Maddie looked at him before she grabbed his hand causing him to take a deep breath.

"Be who you are, not who the world are telling you to be"

A/N: Hope you like this chapter. Vote or comment if you did.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

13.9K 371 41
"A family is forever" In which where number Five and number Eight have two kids while they are stuck in the apocalypse. Or In which Hope and Aaron Ha...
28.3K 426 21
STARTS FROM SEASON 3 [ COMPLETED UNTIL S4 ] . . . " you know, considering how you were a complete asshole." Luna said bluntly, Five stared at her r...
10.5K 267 46
"Meeting you was a choice, becoming your friend and gain your trust was my mission, but falling in love with you, was beyond my control" Every missio...
2.8K 28 27
IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE FIRST BOOK BEFORE READING THIS. After stopping the apocalypse, you, Five and the others of The Umbrella Academy managed to r...