The Male Hunter | Olympus' Tr...

By DarkShadow327

It has been one year since Gaea was defeated, one peaceful year. However, Camp Half-Blood is changing, and Pe... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: Everything is Perfect. Well, it Was
Chapter 2: Run Percy, Run!
Chapter 3: The Great Percy Jackson is Dead
Chapter 5: What is Lost. . .
Chapter 6: . . . Has Been Found
Chapter 7: Awkward Thoughts
Chapter 8: Together Again
Chapter 9: Oaths and Dreams
Chapter 10: Shattered
Chapter 11: A Long Lost Friend Returns
Chapter 12: Guilty Conscience
Chapter 13: Thalia Hits Hard
Chapter 14: Surprise!
Chapter 15: Offers and Escapes
Chapter 16: Heroes' Last Stand
Chapter 17: Alive, but at a Price
Chapter 18: Silver Lining
Chapter 19: Siblings Reunited
Chapter 20: Dramatic Entrances
Chapter 21: Heart to Hearts
Chapter 22: Memories
Chapter 23: Plans
Chapter 24: Annabeth gets Outmaneuvered
Chapter 25: People Have the Worst Timing
Chapter 26: The King
Chapter 27: Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28: Here We Go Again
Chapter 29: Fall of the Sun
Chapter 30: Death of a Hero
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: War Games
Chapter 33: Time Alone
Chapter 34: Otherworldly Meetings
Chapter 35: Sanctuary
Chapter 36: What Could Have Been
Chapter 37: The Enemy Strikes
Chapter 38: New Members
Chapter 39: Confrontations with Artemis
Chapter 40: Under New Management
Chapter 41: New Bonds
Chapter 42: Holy Matrimony
Chapter 43: Target Acquired
Chapter 44: The Battle Begins
Chapter 45: Return of Heroes
Chapter 46: Wisdom's Fall
Chapter 47: Peace at Last
Epilogue
Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt
Percy Jackson's Unknown Companions - Excerpt
Update

Chapter 4: Periplanómenos

9.5K 107 161
By DarkShadow327

The days passed into weeks, the weeks into months, and the months into years. Periplanómenos sat on a log somewhere along the western edge of Yellowstone. It had been nearly two years since he had been forced to leave his own life behind and adopt one of solitude. Unfortunately, being alone gives you a lot of time to dwell on the past. Periplanómenos had grown distant, and cold. He didn't care about anything or anyone, not anymore, not since that fateful day. Well, that's not quite true. There were some that he still cared about, and some that he held respect towards. As he watched the sun set between the trees Periplanómenos thought back to the day when the hunting started.

It was the middle of the night when a light started growing in the tent. As he watched the light grow into a rainbow an Iris Message materialized in front of him.

"Percy!" a shadowed figure exclaimed. "How are you? Where are you?"

Percy rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Oh, hey Magic Hands. Is Sun Boy with you?"

"He's watching the door."

"Hi Percy!" a voice called in the distance.

"Anyways. Percy, you need to move." Hannah informed. "The council just held a vote to have Lady Artemis and the Hunters to hunt you down and bring you before the council."

"Don't they think I'm dead?" asked Percy, extremely confused.

"Well, not you specifically," said Jacob as he walked into view. "She's supposed to be hunting Periplanómenos."

"How long ago was this?"

"Maybe thirty minutes," Hannah guessed. "This is the first chance we had to get away from everyone."

Percy was now rushing to pack up everything in the tent. "Thanks guys, I'll talk to you later." With a swipe of his hand the message disappeared.

Once everything was packed Percy folded up his tent. Luckily, it was enchanted in a way that was similar to the Hunters, so it folded up to about the size of a book.

Percy was shaken from his memory by a scream not too far from where he was. Young girl by the sound of it. Making his way in the direction that he believed the scream had come from he started to hear a man's voice.

"You are worthless!" the voice screamed. "Even your own father took one look at you and decided that you weren't worth his time!"

Through a break in the trees Percy could finally see what was going on. A man - who kinda reminded him of Smelly Gabe - was standing over a girl who was laying on the ground, trying her best to get away.

"Please, no," the girl whimpered.

Percy's blood boiled. He absolutely hated men like this, nobody deserves to be treated this way. "Hey!" Percy yelled as he stormed out of the trees. "Leave her alone!"

"Stay out of this boy, this is a family matter."

"Well, if this is a family matter, then why are you here?"

"I am her father!" The jerk roared.

"That's not what I heard," Percy said, grinning.

Forgetting about the girl for a moment the man stalked towards Percy. "Someone needs to teach you a lesson in manners, boy."

Percy merely stood, and waited as the man came towards him. As the jerk came closer he threw a ouch right at Percy, but it was no use. Percy grabbed his arm, and performed a judo flip. As the man lay on the ground groaning he swept his leg out to trip Percy, only to have him hop over it.

"Nice try," Percy grinned while slamming his foot into the place where Apollo doesn't shine. The girl was staring at Percy with wide eyes, not sure what to make of the situation. Percy made his way over to her. "Hey, hey, it's okay," he soothed. The girl's mouth dropped open in a silent scream, finger pointing behind him. Percy whirled around, punching the smelly jerk right in the nose as he tried to attack him from behind. He fell to the ground, out cold. "You just don't learn, do you."

The girl took Percy's hand as he offered it to her, standing up. "Th-thank you," she whispered.

Percy crouched down to look in her eyes. "It's okay, you're safe now." he soothed while offering his hand. "Come with me, I'll keep you safe from the evil man."

The girl hesitantly took his hand. "Where-where are we going."

"A place where you will be safe," Percy said as he led her back to his campsite. "What's your name?"

"Clara," she said, softly.

"That's a pretty name," Percy smiled down at her. Clara stumbled on a root, causing Percy to frown in concern. Percy crouched down in front of her. "Here, get on," he said, offering a piggyback ride. Clara hopped on his back, giggling. "How old are you?" Percy asked.

"I'm 10."

Upon reaching his campsite Percy busied himself, starting a fire and making some food for Clara. He suspected that she was a demigod, but wasn't quite sure. Percy handed her a plate with a hotdog on it, watching as she devoured it. Must be hungry, he mused, handing her another hotdog.

Clara took a few bites before looking up at Percy. "Who are you?"

"I am Periplanómenos." Clara looked at him, confused. "Peregrinus. . ." Percy tried.

"Wanderer, what kind of name is that?"

Percy paused a moment before responding. "It's a long story. Now, tell me, where's your family."

Clara sniffled as tears welled in her eyes. "My mom is dead, and my dad left us before I was born. I have a brother too, but I haven't seen him in years."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Mom said we were special. She said he was at a place for special people, and that I would go there too one day."

Definitely a demigod, Percy thought. Roman, probably, based on her understanding of Latin. Percy tried to figure out her parent by looking at her, Apollo seemed like the most likely candidate. She had slightly auburn hair that reminded him of Artemis, and blue eyes like Apollo. "Clara," Percy started. "What do you know about Greek and Roman mythology.

"My mom told me stories about Rome and their gods."

"Great, let me tell you more."

With that Percy explained everything. About the gods - Greek and Roman -, monsters, the camps, and who he thought her dad was. Once he had finished Clara stared at him for a moment, mouth opening and closing like she was trying to say something.

"Close your mouth," Percy teased. "You'll catch flies. However, Camp Jupiter isn't the only option, there is one more place you can go. The goddess Artemis has a group of girls known as The Hunters of Artemis that go around hunting monsters. She grants them partial immortality in return for the searing off of boys and loyalty to her."

"No boys?" Clara asked.

"Um, ya. Artemis barely even lets a boy into her camp."

"I want to go there!" Clara excitedly said. "I'm sick of boys."

"Alright, the hunters it is! Now the trick is to find them. . ." Percy mused. "I have an idea, let me go make a call." With that Percy walked over to a stream at the edge of camp. Using his powers, Percy manipulated the water into a fine mist. There was just enough sun left to create a small rainbow. "O Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering." Percy said as he threw a drachma into the rainbow. "Show me Jacob Firth at Camp Half-Blood." The rainbow shimmered before showing Jacob sitting on his bed, head in his hands.

"Percy?" He asked, looking up. "What are you doing, they could be back any minute!"

"Well 'hello' to you too, Sunny. I don't have a lot of time, so this has to be quick. Do you have any idea where the Hunters might be?"

"Not really, I haven't seen Thalia in a while. Last time I talked to her she said they were headed towards Yellowstone. Apparently a lot of new demigods have been finding there way towards the camps from around there lately."

"Good, that means they are close."

"Good? Percy, they are trying to find you!" Jacob exclaimed.

"I found another demigod, and she wants to go to the Hunters," Percy explained. "Don't worry, I won't get caught."

"You better not, because if you die I will kill you."

"By Sun Spot," Percy grinned.

"See you later, Periplanómenos," Jacob teased as he broke the connection.

Walking back to his campsite Percy saw Clara staring into the fire, hugging herself. Percy felt bad for her. If this man was anything like Gabe, she had been through Tartarus. "It'll be okay,"Percy said, hugging her. "I won't let anyone harm you ever again." Clara buried her face into his chest, sobbing quietly. "The Hunters are close," Percy informed. "We can find them in the morning."

After a while Clara fell asleep, so Percy carried her to his tent and laid her down in his sleeping bag. "Good night, sunshine," Percy whispered before going outside and laying on the ground in front of his tent.

Percy rose early, the sky only barely beginning to lighten. Climbing a tree Percy took a look around, seeing if he could spot any sign of the Hunters. In the southeast Percy spotted some smoke. Probably not the Hunters, but it seemed like a good place to start. Percy was climbing down when he heard a rustle from his tent.

"Periplanómenos?" Clara questioned, standing outside the tent while looking around.

"Over here, Sunshine," Percy said as he walked out of the trees. "I saw some smoke to the southeast, it could be the hunters."

"Okay, let's go!" Clara said excitedly.

"All right then, right this way," Percy chuckled and bowed like he was a butler.

The smoke was farther away than Percy thought, it took them nearly an hour to walk there. However, it was well worth it. As they neared, Percy could see the tell-tale signs of the Hunters. Through the trees he could see patrolling wolves, along with the occasional flash of silver.

"This is where I leave you," Percy said as he threw up the hood on his jacket. "The Hunters should be right through there." Percy then dashed off back towards his camp, leaving Clara to the Hunters. After a while Percy stopped and turned back, hiding amongst the trees. He could see a couple hunters escorting Clara into their camp, while the rest scanned the trees for any sign of them. If only I was a girl, Percy mused. Then I could join them and be free from the pain of. . . her.

#      #      #

It had been a normal day at Camp Half-Blood. Well, about as normal as things could get with "The Tyrant" in charge. Jacob thought back to his conversation with Percy the night before. He hoped that he got the girl to the Hunters, and got out before they could catch him. Jacob was then shaken from his thoughts as Rachel suddenly jerked upright from where she had been eating.

Green smoke spewed from her mouth and eyes glowed green as she spoke.

The one known as Wanderer must be found,

For they hold the key to the Hero renowned.

If the Hero decides to remain alone,

The traitor to Olympus will remain unknown.

Eternal youth must show the way,

For only they have the power to sway.

One last foe the Hero must face,

For the Lord of the Pit he must erase.

Rachel collapsed back into her chair, and all Hades broke loose.

A/N: Here we are, another chapter down. I will say this though, prophesies are harder than they look. Mad respect to Rick Riordan, I have no idea how he comes up with those amazing prophesies. Anyways, things are moving along. Percy is going to have to face his past soon, and more secrets shall be revealed.

As always, have a nice day!

Edit; August 27, 2020: Added Chapter Cover

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 8.3K 24
Percy Jackson has been betrayed. After his new half brother frames him for everything at camp, he was shunned by the other campers, even Chiron. His...
33.8K 684 21
TAKES PLACE AFTER THE BURNING MAZE but before The Tower of Nero and The Tyrants Tomb (I wrote this ages ago lmao) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~• ~~~~~~~~...
34.9K 741 16
Ever since Percy went on the quest with Frank and Hazel, he has been hearing her whispering in his mind. Gaea keeps haunting him in his dreams. Tell...
299K 10K 44
Three demigods shall travel to the followers of Hecate, The monster inside lets the dark one blood see, On the brink of destruction, Poseidon and Ath...