Time in a Tree (All Might x R...

By smolestkohai

we've all got secrets. prime all might - welcome to the slowest of slow burns https://spoti.fi/2YMLqlp art cr... More

Chapter I - Greyday
New Girl
Turn
Friend Like Me
Make Time
Spare Time: Cherry's Tree
Trading Cards
Tell Me
Vampyr
Reunion
Spare Time: Tenders with Tauros
Bianca
Fortuity
Collimate
Descant
Dรฉsolรฉe
Your Name
Spare Time: Your Time
Dawn
Panini
Pomegranate
Betoken
Arcadia
Simmer
Spare Time: Naegi
Blunder
Spare Time: Hello There
Chapter II - Prelude
Happy New Year
Bud
Bloom
Assay
Furtive
Spare Time: Unveil
Sanguine
Melee
Ill
Hey, You
Spare Time: Excuse Me, What?
Snag
Ameliorate
Thief
Spare Time: Strike
Special I: Forget Me Not
Chapter III: Anubia
Conspectus
Prognosticate
Spare Time: Gift
Omurice
Home Too
Violet
Spare Time: uwu
Cozen
Divulgence
Benediction
Welcome Back
Tacenda
Premonition
Preoccupied
Foil
Spare Time: Your New Name
Drag
Surreptitious
Spare Time: Sangwho?
Phok
Slip Up
Lament
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
Special I Part II: Loves Me Not
Special I Finale: Touch Me Not
betabitch
Chapter IV: Fin
Pretty Little Bluff
Equilibrium
Quiescence
Hey Jewelii!
Betrothal
Spare Time: Abrupt
Familiarity
Entendre
Masticate
Spare Time: Snacks
Pantera
Sojourn
Superfluous
Irredeemable
Cloudgate
Retrograde
Book One Finale: Desideratum
Time in a Tree Book Two: Gifts from Kane
Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

Off the Moon

2.4K 157 63
By smolestkohai

You enjoyed the convenience of the treasure trove of vending machines that Cherry shared with you. Your attention out the window on the way back to your current 'home'. Two bowls and a bag of soil, no bigger than a few pounds of sugar, rested in your lap. Because why not? Why wouldn't the owner of three magic vending machines also have a machine dispensing soil nearby?

There was something about seeing the street lights leave streaks, lasting impressions as you passed them by. A familiar tune prickled your eardrums, you turned your attention to the screen of the radio. Nice. "Hey, could you turn that up?" You asked softly. "Like this song?" Yagi asked, turning up the volume from the steering wheel. "Mhm." You nodded. "It was one of Cherry's favorites actually."

Jumping off the moon.

Falling into you.

It was this artist in particular. You noticed if Cherry or Koji had anything to do with the main playlist, outside of the chosen karaoke songs for patrons, there were always several songs of this guy's sprinkled in. You loved the artist too, but you let that be something that just two of them shared.

Shooting for the stars.

Why'd you let me get this far?

Shit, one of his songs was even playing the first day that you walked in. You bobbed your head, remembering how she'd unknowingly sing out loud against whatever was playing, swaying with the calming beat playing through her mind as she worked. It's not gonna be the same...

Feels like the stars, they wanted more

Than just to turn into a black hole

"You alright?" Yagi asked. "Hm?" You snapped out of your trance. Damn, we're already back. "Yeah, I'm fine." You took a quick glance at your surroundings before hopping out. You ran through the garage, shedding your shoes and socks at the door. The pads of your feet patting against the floor as you bee-lined for the guest room. Your fingers carefully pinching at a corner of your pack of soil as you entered the bathroom, tearing it open and using your hoodie to catch any of the runaway bits until you set it on the sink's counter.

"What are you-" When Yagi had finally caught up, a knuckle paused after one knock on your door frame, he saw you smoothing the top layer of soil on your mystery seeds. Both already planted in their respective bowls, they rested on the short coffee table that sat in the pit of the room.

Black soil and bits of plant food caught under your nails as you continued on, your eyes trailing up. "Hey." You gave a quick wave of one of your darked palms, before standing. "You move fast." He smiled. "Oh....yeah." You nodded. "Suzuki II needs friends." 

You glanced at the succulent that rested on the nightstand. There were a few things of her's you took. When you did you had no plan of where'd you be to give them a proper home, or maybe uncaring of where'd you be. You just knew that you wanted little pieces of Cherry with you. "Sorry for running off like that, I just got excited."

"That's fine." Yagi shrugged. "I'll be up working if you need anything." He pointed behind him, to what you were guessing was the direction of a possible home office. Makes sense for him to have one. In the few days you'd spent there you hadn't gone...exploring. Your days consisted of living room, kitchen, and bedroom. You nodded lightly, pushing up off your knees. "Okay."

You sat on your bed after cleaning up, switching between occupying yourself on your phone or simply staring off into space. Nothing interesting on the tv, and you hadn't found any book worth reading in a long while. Fuck. 

You convinced yourself that there surely could be something you should be doing. Call mom? You checked the time. Nevermind. She'll be getting up and ready for school soon, best to not wake her right before her alarm. Job search? Eh....if I wanted to work I could just find him and ask for something to do- 

"Watching them won't make them grow any faster."

"Hm?" Your head snapped up, turning to Yagi who was back in what was becoming his usual spot, leaning against the door frame. "Unfortunately." You sighed. Obviously, you zoned out again. Your eyes glued to the two bowls of soil on the table. "What're you still doing up?" He asked. "I could ask you the same." You started. "Don't you have to go hero?"

"Go hero." Yagi repeated. 

"Go be a hero?" You quirked a brow. "Does that sound better?"

"A little, but no, I don't as far as I know."

"Don't have to hit the office either?"

"Your deflecting isn't too good when you're tired. Have you noticed that?" He smirked. "Sir, you don't have to call me out like that." You turned away, your temple resting on your knees. "You haven't been sleeping."

"Not much-"

"If at all." He pressed. Okay, damn. "You got a camera in here or somethin', Yoshi?" You snickered turning back to him. "If there is, I didn't put it here." He shrugged. "Hey, uh...that doesn't ease my mind one bit." You clicked your tongue. "No, there's not a camera." He rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna say I believe you, but don't think I forgot my first night here-"

"Speaking of, is that why you're not sleeping?" Oop! "Well damn, Yoshi, just keep calling me out, I don't mind." You hid your face. "So you haven't noticed you're not as good when you're tired." He confirmed. "I guess not." You said muffled. "Give me a few?"

"A few what?" You turned back. 

"Minutes?" He narrowed his eyes.

"For?"

"To sleep?" Yagi continued to match your tone. "Dude, you don't have to-"

"It's sleep. Be right back." He pulled back from the door frame and faded into the darkened hall. "O-okay?" You rolled off the bed, shuffling over to hit the light switch. With just the lamp left turned on, you crawled under the covers, eyes back on your phone, but this time you were looking for a possible new read. Scrolling through your socials, you bookmarked a few for later research.

Click.

The room went black. "I didn't hear you come in." You said, still scrolling. "You know blue light keeps you awake longer?" You felt the bed depress as Yagi got in. "Mm?" You lifted your brows. "Are you suggesting I wear readers like you?"

Come on and dive in to the deep end

Tell me what could go wrong?

"They're not readers," he pushed his index finger against your forehead, "but you should wear them."

"I've got the filter turned on, my screen's almost yellow." Your eyes nearly crossed looking at his accusing point. "Still-"

"I'll think about it? Will that suffice?" You cut off your screen and set your phone on the nightstand. "I suppose it'll have to." Yagi said, pulling back his hand. It took a moment for your sight to adjust to the dark but-

I can't be seeing that right. You blinked a few times. "...Fucker." You hissed. "What?!" Yagi propped up on his elbow, you sat up. "You do!"

"I do what?"

"Your hair's down! Let me see!" You reached over him, struggling for the lamp. "Nope, go to sleep." With one swift something you were lying back down. "Toshi, let me seeee!" You tried again. Failed attempt, you ended up on your back, head flopping onto your pillow. "Why do you move so fast? Was that your hand or arm?" You pushed back up. "It-"

Oh I'm hoping that you'll feel some

Of the angles I've been sending on

"Nevermind that, let me see!" You reached again. His hand engulfing your face,  politely but firmly putting you back down. Your muffled protest meaning absolutely nothing while you tried to pry his fingers off. "You can see it later. Go to sleep." Toshi removed his hand.

Jumping off the moon, babe

Just to get back down

Hoping that you'll catch me

Before I hit the ground

"No! I want to see it now!" You reached for your phone, thumbing for its flashlight. "What are you, five?" He covered it as soon as it cut on. "Today I am!" You tried in vain to slide your phone from his grip. "I'll take this then." With ease, he pulled it from your struggling hands. "This is bullshit." You watched as he held it until the light timed out, occasionally trying to snatch it away, listening to him snicker at your trial and error. 

Jumping off the moon

He at least gave it back, clearly trusting you wouldn't try again. "I'll just wait until you're sleeping." You puffed. "You're assuming I'll fall asleep first?" Toshi leaned in. "Not too good of an assumption, huh?" You tried your hardest to make sense of the silhouette in front of you. "You're the one who's sleep depri-" The contrast of your warm palm running over his cool, damp scalp stopped him mid thought. 

"Really?"

"I win." You giggled, letting your fingers glide through and off the ends. Loose curls, almost waves. "Happy now?" Yagi lied down fully. "I'm satisfied..for now." You wondered if he could make out the shit eating grin you had half hidden in your pillow.

Falling into you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 715 85
Almost 100 chapters? I know. That's a big commitment to some random fanfic on the internet. But I truly love Bakugou with my entire heart, I've poure...
4K 93 16
[Discontinued, may change later on in the future] ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ฉ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ข๐š๐ฅ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๏ฟฝ...
13.7K 746 48
๐“๐–๐Ž ๐Ž๐… ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“๐’ "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ง๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ซ๐ค, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›...
12.7K 467 26
โ‡ข My life is a complete mess. That's basically everything you need to know. I welcome you to my crazy, twisted, โœ„๐š•ฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐šŸฬถ๐šŽฬถ๐šœฬถ๐šฬถ๐š˜ฬถ๐š›ฬถ๐šขฬถ.โ™ก๏ธŽ โ‡  โ ...