Bridge To Delphilia

By willFindLove

An expedition to search for the unknown suddenly turned into pools of blood and festive night for the scienti... More

⸙͎ 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔
❥ Chapter One: The Full Moon
❥ Chapter Two: The Silver Amulet
❥ Chapter Three: Corpus Achilles
❥ Chapter Four: Mana One
❥ Chapter Five: Second Phase
❥ Chapter Six: The Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Seven: One out of Seven
❥ Chapter Eight: Matched
❥ Chapter Nine: John Matthews
❥ Chapter Eleven: Red
❥ Chapter Twelve: The Truth Untold
❥ Chapter Thirteen: Luna, the Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Fourteen: Moon Feast
❥ Chapter Fifteen: Hybrid
❥ Chapter Sixteen: Escape Plan
❥ Chapter Seventeen: Veronica Jane Heartfillia
❥ Chapter Eighteen: Bearing an Heir
❥ Chapter Nineteen: Out Alive
❥ Chapter Twenty: Seven
❥ Chapter Twenty-One: Found Her
❥ Chapter Twenty-Two: Squad
❥ Chapter Twenty-Three: Goodbye
❥ Chapter Twenty-Four: Memories
❥ Chapter Twenty-Five: Present
❥ Chapter Twenty-Six: To go or not to go?
❥ Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back Again
❥ Chapter Twenty-Eight: The danger lurking behind
❥ Chapter Twenty-Nine: Art and the truth
E X C E R P T...
❥ Chapter Thirty: Roni
❥ Chapter Thirty-One: The Rendezvous
❥ Chapter Thirty-Two: Trauma
❥ Chapter Thirty-Three: Girl
❥ Chapter Thirty-Four: Infiltration
❥ Chapter Thirty-Five: Reunion
❥ Chapter Thirty-Six: The real female Alpha
❥ Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Hybrid's true form
❥ Chapter Thirty-Eight: Scarlet
Author's Note

❥ Chapter Ten: Lauren Mae Breiner

96 6 1
By willFindLove

The snow feels cold but pretty. It started snowing last night and it Christmas is finally coming. Holidays and reunions. Gift-giving and merry singing. One of the few things I've been looking forward ever since February. I miss not having to wake-up early and not being stress with work matters. A nice routine that may involved a lot of sleeping and stress eating. Who am I kidding? My job may seem hectic and fully loaded but I'm enjoying every single part of it. Having to research for the unknown and proving mythical creatures exist excites me more than having a day off.

Anyways, since I had a deep sleep I decided to start decorating my unit. It's probably still six in the morning but I'm feeling like a silly little kid looking forward to Christmas. The spirit of forgiving and getting together. Amidst our busy schedule, the squad will finally have a one day vacation together.

We've been celebrating Christmas together. Been an annual mantra for us and every year one of us will host the home party and this year, it's my turn. They'll celebrate their holidays here in the unit and for that very reason, I must prepare early and decorate well. It's November today, which means I got more or less a month to ready everything. With a bonus from my salary, I think I can cook a fancy meal for everyone.

"Oops-i-daisy." Jack carries me suddenly when I was about to hang the star on the Christmas tree. He smells of olive soap and fresh mint. I snake my arms around his neck and planted a soft kiss on his lips before he put me down.

"I cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. Your coffee is also on the table." I muttered softly. He smiled before leaning down to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll get Theo." He whispered. My forehead creased. What is he talking about?

"Who's Theo?" I asked. Jack smiled at me before disappearing to the room on the left. I massaged my temple before arranging some plates on the dinning table. I put a teabag on my cup and waited for it to dissolve.

"Hi Mommy." A cute little voice muttered from behind me. I slowly turned to look at who it is and I almost screamed in horror. My teacup fell from my hands and it broke into tiny pieces on the floor, spilling the tea away. I covered my mouth with my hand and shiver on my place.

It's Jack with an evil grin, carrying a small werewolf with a face of a handsome boy. But only, he has sharp claws and his canine teeth showed. Body covered with thick hair.

"Mommy." He called while extending his tiny arms to me. I shook my head and moved away, stepping on the broken glasses. No. This isn't happening.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed while covering my ears and closing my eyes. No this can't be happening.

"Come on." I felt a force dragging me away from that image and suddenly I'm alone in the darkness.

"Roni." I heard Jack calling me but I don't see him and neither are my friends. Where am I?

"Come on, Roni." I suddenly felt pain on my throat and a force pushing my chest out. I'm suffocating. I can't breathe.

"Wake up, Roni."

Then with one more push on my chest, I jolted up and my eyes sprung open. My eyes were blinking, adjusting to the light as I cough. I coughed as hard as I can and vomit some water out. I felt a hand caressing my back slowly and an arm supporting me.

"Thank God." I heard Prim's voice on my left. And I felt all of a sudden being lifted off the ground. Someone's carrying me but my vision isn't clear yet. My body is drained but I don't want to pass out yet. A few moments later, I felt a satin cloth on my back. Then he laid me down slowly and carefully.

"Jack?" I called. My voice cracked a little but I'm not sure he heard me.

"Baby I'm here." He whispered softly. He held my hand and planted a tender kiss on the back of my hand. I reached out for his face and caressed his cheek. I felt his thumb brushed my face and at the corner of my eyes. Tears came rolling down for a moment. "Are you gonna be okay?" He asked. I nodded slowly until my eyes return to the normal sight.

"Hey." Art walked in slowly and checked me up. I smiled weakly at him as he put down a tray of food on a box in front.

"Hi." I muttered with a strain voice.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I'm. Wait. My baby?!

"Don't move too much." Jack held my arms and even though I want him to let go, I can't. Art helped me lie down but I bit my lip in pain when something hit my waist.

"Roni?"

I held on Jack's hand tightly, squeezing him. It's excruciatingly painful like my insides are being crushed. I want to curl up and cry all day. I can't bare with it.

"Something's not right. Prim?" Jack shouted. "Just breathe." Art whispered to me. I succumb to my sobs and bit my lips until I taste a blood from it.

"Prim!" Jack shouted again. I held my free hand to my stomach, trying not to squeeze it too. I gently traced my bellybutton to the side of my waist just below the ribs. I touched something and when I raised my hand to see, I screamed in horror.

"Roni be still." Art pinned me by holding my shoulders while I saw Jack supported my feet.

"PRIMROSE!" Jack shouted a little louder than the first one. I cried more when I felt it hit again. My insides are slowly exploding, I can feel it. I tried to get away from their grip but my body can't even sit up.

"Oh my god. What's happening?" Prim panicked as she came. I heard her unzip her bag pack and grabbed a stethoscope.

"Get it out!" I screamed in pain.

"What's that?" Jack asked. I looked at my side and saw Prim preparing a syringe.

"I need her to calm down." She answered.

I shook my head. That's an anesthesia! It could kill my baby inside. No. I wriggle out of Art's hold just in time he reached out for the water on the box. I used that opportunity to slap his hands away. I sat up and searched for my wound. I saw another horrifying thing on my waist. I screamed and covered my ears with my hands. What is happening?!

I suddenly felt an ant like bite on my leg. Then I saw the syringe injected on it. My breathing stopped and everyone in the room silently watched the one who injected it.

"I'm sorry, Roni." Matt's blue eyes were the last thing I saw before I was covered in a fog like sight and eventually passed out. Hope the pain disappears when I wake up again.

Various images flashed before me like I was being teleported to another memory. The imaged stopped with Lauren's pretty smile that shows her perfect white teeth. She motioned on the vacant chair right next to mine here at the back for today's class orientation.

"Hi. I'm Lauren." She cheerfully extended her arm to me. I smiled back and shake her flawless hand. One of the prettiest skin I've seen.

"I'm Veronica." I introduced.

"So what branch are you?" She asked while opening her notebook.

"I've enrolled for Zoology." I answered.

Lauren scribbled on her notebook and draw something. Her penmanship is pretty too. She looked at me and showed his ID that hang on the blue lanyard.

"I'm taking up Marine Biology." She muttered. My forehead creased. Why is she in this lecture class? I heard the marine biology class is on the other building.

"Oh. I enrolled late so I was put in a different recit class for our general science lab subject." She answered my unspoken question.

"That figures." I nodded at her.

Later on, our Professor finally came. She's ten minutes late but mentioned about a class mix that she was supposed to be on the Linguistics department.

The Professor collected our class cards that will serve as her attendance and subject load. She only briefed us for an hour about what to expect about the class and what will we learn on our next meeting. She left us with an essay writing assignment.

"That's surprising. I thought we'll only write essay with literature subject." Lauren whispered. We're both taking down notes in the assigned room.

"I hope she won't grade us with a criteria for penmanship because my writing sucks." I grimaced a little.

Lauren looked at me and laughed at my expression. I looked like the earth's going to deteriorate, that's what she said. Once we're done copying the outline for the essay, we both headed down. Our lecture is in two hours every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But since it's the first day, she dismissed us after an hour.

Lauren and I have the same schedule for MWF since all of it are general subjects for our branch but on Tuesdays and Thursdays, we both have major classes.

"Ah. Bummer. I have a seven thirty morning class on Tuesday."

Lauren kept on complaining even when we are on the hive, ordering for something to eat. It's lunch time and I still don't see any text messages from Jack, Art and Prim. We have the same vacancy time, it's eleven o'clock.

"What would you like to eat, Veronica?" She asked. I kept my smartphone on the pocket of my jeans and stare at the menu in front.

"I think I'll take a fries and a mango shake. Let's eat heavy meal later when my friends are here." I suggested. So we did order that and Lauren ordered an additional chocolate sundae. She's in the mood for ice cream this early morning.

"I'll add you on Instagram." Lauren muttered after swallowing a fries. She fished out her smartphone from her gray shoulder bag and typed something

"What's your username?" She asked. I grabbed her phone and typed it myself. I tap the follow on the screen before I fished out mine. I immediately followed her back.

"You're quite famous." Lauren said without taking her eyes off her phone. She must've stalked my account. I browse hers too. The artistic poses and filters got my attention. She's photogenic and the camera angles are superb.

"Your shots are amazing." I complemented her. Even her timeline is well-organized from the theme to the shade. And she has a lot of followers.

"Are you a secret celebrity or something?" I asked. She automatically waved her hand and chuckled.

"I have a lot of acquaintances way back in high school. From schoolmates and batch mates to org club members. I joined a lot of school activities so I know a lot of people."

Wow. She must be super talented and smart. I smiled before continuing to scan on her posts. Lauren has fifty thousand followers and each of her photo contains thirty to forty thousand hearts. Gotta give it to her. Who wouldn't be famous with that looks?

I browse for more and saw some tagged posts and pictures of her. One caught my eye is during their Halloween at school. She dressed as cruella De vil with that long black dress and a blonde and black hair. She looks amazing.

I scrolled down, not minding my shake anymore. I focused on her profile like a serial stalker on the loose.

"So you're a cheerleader?" Lauren asked as she showed me my picture. She's doing the same thing as me, stalking.

"I was. I don't think I'll cheer here." I answered.

"Why not?"

"I don't know if I can balance my studies and that." I muttered softly. Though I kind'a want to join Stanford's Cheerleading Team. It's just that, I can't afford to fail my course.

"I feel you. I wanted to join the photography club but I don't think I can handle it."

It makes me sad that we're on the same boat but at least we have something in common. Prioritizing our academic responsibilities than what we want. That's why we clicked and became close friends after a week. We hang out on Friday night at the dorm and have sleep over with Prim. Lauren is so approachable that she immediately befriended Jack, Art and Prim.

"Roni?" She called when we're currently walking on the hallways after our last subject.

"What's up?" I asked. She smiled and averted her gaze from me.

"I just want to say thank you for everything." My forehead creased. Why is she thanking me? Is she leaving? Going home to Hawaii for holidays perhaps?

"You've been so kind to me and for that, I am grateful. I'll always stick around you and be with you for as long as I can. Always." A tear escaped from her eye and she immediately hugged me. I caressed her back and asked what's wrong and why she's saying all of this.

"I'm leaving now." Her voice was strained with pain.

"Oh. Do you want me to accompany you to your dorm?" I offered. She smiled widely at me and shook her head. She let go of my hand and turned her heel forward. I was still standing, frozen when she walked away. That's when I noticed her dress is stained with blood.

"I love you, Roni. Take care of Matt for me and tell Prim I am so sorry for what I've done. Tell Arturo how grateful I am for what he did for me. Then tell Jack I'm resting in peace now."

Tears pooled down my face and I sobbed. Unable to accept what's happening to Lauren. She waved her hand one last time before disappearing down the corridor.

"Lauren." I whispered. "I'll tell them everything you want me to."

CHARACTERS;

Park Rosé of Blackpink as Veronica Heartfillia

Jeon Jungkook of BTS as
Jackson Avery

Park Jimin of BTS as
Arturo Evans

Kim Jisoo of Blackpink as
Primrose Salazar

Kim Taehyung of BTS as
John Matthews Cruz

Kim Jennie of Blackpink as
Lauren Mae Breiner

Hong Eunwoo as
Theo James H. Avery

Ella Gross as
Dahlia Marie Salazar

Kim Seokjin of BTS as
Mr. Corbin Edwards
ANTIGEN CEO

Bright Vachirawit as
Choi Minho

Im Nayeon of Twice as
Park Jennie

Hwang SinB of GFriend as
Jelly Reyes

Miyawaki Sakura of IZONE as
Mrs. Aurora Edwards

P.S.: WILL UPDATE THE CAST LIST ON THE LATTER PART OF THE STORY. XOXO~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 278 24
She's practically Vampire royalty. He's one of the most well known Vampire Hunters. Will different sides keep them apart? TRIGGER WARNINGS Alcohol us...
5K 394 36
Y/N has almost accepted the future that's been laid out before her, until she meets him. The man that shows her everything she's been taught is wrong...
20.8K 745 36
There's a conspiracy theory that werewolves actually exist but they're a government experiment gone wrong. People believed that they were simply hyb...
724K 26.2K 35
- a Jeon Jungkook fanfiction - in which a girl meets a boy who is a werewolf. Jeon Jungkook, a resident player studying in an university was actually...