♡《Crystal Shards》♡ (Spinel x...

By Midnight-Drawing77

♡《Steven Universe AU》♡ Sometimes shattered things can be good or bad. The shards and pieces may have been eit... More

Sneak Peek
《Prologue》
《Ch.1》+ Digital Art
《Ch.2》+ Digital Art
《Ch.3》+ Digital Art
《Ch.4》+ Preview Art
《Ch.5》+ Digital Art
《Ch.6》+ Digital Art
《Ch.7》+ Digital Art
《Ch.8》+ Digital Art
《Sneek Peak》+ Digital Art
《Ch.9》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.10》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.11》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.12》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.13》+Dig.Art
《Ch.14》+ Dig.Art
♡《Spinel's Outfits》♡ + Dig.Art
《Ch.15》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.16》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.17》+ Dig.Art
[A/N] + New SU Story + Dig.Art
《Ch.18》+ Dig.Art
《Ch.20》+ Dig.Art.

《Ch.19》+ Prev.Art

914 28 26
By Midnight-Drawing77

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 19
Sweet-Talk Walk
_____________

'Hey. I'm good as new!---' The text is deleted quickly and Spinel groaned in frustration. "No, that's too much. Right?" 

Steven smiles at the gem from the kitchen, "Spinel, nothing is too much when you're telling someone that you're okay. (Y/n) will be very relieved that you're okay." He places a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

Spinel stuffs her face and stares at her phone stressfully, then texts the sentence again. "There." She gulps as it sends to your phone and her attention went to the movie Steven put in. It was to calm her nerves, but it didn't help especially half of the 2 hour movie, you hadn't answered her text. 

'I messed up, didn't I?' She thought then mentally clicks her tongue when her other self answers. 

'No. I bet she's on her way right now.' 

'Well that's the first time YOUR positive.' Spinel rolls her eyes. 

'What? I like (Y/n). Don't you?' 

Her eyes widen and she blushes, luckily the dim room keeps it away from Steven noticing.

The front door suddenly slams open and falls off its hinges, scaring Steven and Spinel as they cling to each other. They breathe heavily until they notice your out of breath figure. Immediately, Spinel lunged at you with her arms wide open, "(Y/n)!" 

You catch her and spin around at the momentum Spinel jumped at you. With a big sigh of relief, you hug her tightly, "Thank the heavens you're okay." Your hand moves to check her arm for any scars and there were none. 

Spinel whines when you pinch her the sides of her face, "Hey!" 

"Don't EVER scare me again, Bunchies!" You scold. 

"Well, EXCUSE me! I was saving your behind from being kidnapped." Spinel sassed at you with her arms crossed in a huff.

You couldn't help, but laugh at her attempt at being upset. Her pigtails were a give away as they droop, then fluff up at your laughter. "You're too cute." You playful tug her hair and acknowledge Steven who waved. 

Spinel's face bloomed a soft pink. 

"Where's Nelly?" You ask and realize you broke the door. "Oh no. I'm so sorry, Steven! I can fix that….attempt to fix it." You lean the door against the wall. 

Steven shrugs, "It's nothing to worry about. The gems and I can easily put up another one." He grins warmly, "Peridot stopped by and Nelly wanted to see Lapis again, so they went out to the barn." 

A yawn escapes your mouth and your hand wipes away a tear from your eye. "Alright. Sorry again, Steven. I guess I should head back to get a little rest. I have work tomorrow afternoon." 

"Will you be off in the evening?" Steven quickly asked. 

You shrug while Spinel seemed confused at his question. "Why?" 

The flyer on the table is held out which you and Spinel read; "Rave-gination? Magical Neon Party, Music of All Kinds, Free Kandi Bracelets. Hosted by Sadie and the Killer Suspects." 

You bite your lip, "Uh. It seems….fun? But I'm not really big on extremely loud….ya know." 

"Aw. Okay, but just let us know if you change your mind." Steven faked a disappointing expression. 

Spinel had been completely clueless that whole time, even tilting her head when Steven tried to cough and take glances at her then at you. 'Is he okay?' 

You raise a brow at Steven, "Yeah…….I should get going." 

When you head outside, Steven grabs Spinel and shakes her a little bit. "Spinel!" 

"What?!" She grew dizzy and shakes her head. 

"That was your que to ask (Y/n) to go with you! I'm trying to get you two together to have a good time!" 

Finally, it clicked in Spinel's head and she felt so dumb. "Oh gee." Her hand runs down her face only to get pushed out the door. 

"You still have time to ask her." Steven gives her a thumbs up and looks at the broken door. 

Spinel huffs and dusts of the imaginary dirt on her shirt, while jogging to catch up to your walking form. "That Universe needs to chill out. I'm still trying to get used to this place. Why is it so important to ask if she didn't like the idea in the first place?" 

You hear a squeak from behind you and glance back to see Spinel. This brought a smile to your face and you felt happy she was there. "Walking with me?" 

The pigtailed gem nods, "Yep! Can't have a pretty gal walking alone at night." She winks at you.

A faint blush is visible on your cheeks and you end up smirking at her, "Oh? I think you're mistaken. The only gal that I see--" You take her hand and kiss the top of her hand, "--is this Beautiful Gem, right here." 

'Oh my STARS!!' If Spinel had to be honest, she nearly fainted once her face turned red and steam literally appeared above her head. 'My gem can't take that! I am so glad I didn't poof. That would be so embarrassin'!' 

You laugh once again out loud at Spinel's expression. "Will you be okay? I hope that wasn't too much." You continue to walk past the flattered yet embarrassed gem. 

"Yes!~" Spinel squeaked out. Her eyes follow your back until you turn around.

"Can you still walk, Bunchies?" You tease and chuckle wholeheartedly as she finally walks next to you. 

Spinel is quiet and her gaze is out toward the side, staring at nothing in particular. Her gem felt amazing at that moment, it made her so happy and it grew when she thought about you. 

Unbeknownst to her, you happened to see hearts in her eyes. You giggle quietly and enjoy the silence…..your hand sneaking over to entwine with Spinel's hand. 

The walk had gone silent, but it didn't ruin the comforting atmosphere of the two of you holding hands. Spinel had slowly moved closer so her arm wraps around your middle and you do the same. Her eyes look up at the starry night sky, only to slightly regret it. The nightmare from earlier began to crawl back into her mind. 

You felt Spinel's grip tighten around you, "Spinel?" 

"Hm?" 

"Something on your mind?" You ask in concern.

'Stupid nightmare…..had to ruin the moment.' Spinel is unsure, "Just a nightmare is all when I was unconscious. Nothin' really." 

The two of you step up onto the porch of the home you're staying in. "It isn't nothing if it's bothering this much. You sure you don't want to talk about it?" You gently hold her hands in your own.

Spinel looks to the ground as the distant screams and unimaginable sights flash across her mind. 

You squeeze her hands in comfort, "Did you see something that you never thought would happen?" That look in Spinel's gaze felt so familiar because you had the same ones when you have nightmares. 

"Something like that." She managed to say and took a deep breath to calm herself. "Sooooooo…..about that party…." 

"If you're going, then I'll go with you." 

Spinel's chokes in surprise and sheepishly taps her fingers, "Uh....eheh…was it that obvious?" She grins nervously. 

You hum in thought, "Nah. Totally NOT obvious." 

The second time Spinel felt embarrassed and she gave herself a facepalm, then hid behind her pigtails. "I don't know how to do this. I have no idea what's happening, but you make feel so happy and just--"

"Spinel." 

"Yeah?" She peeks through her hair only to feel your lips softly kiss her cheek. Her hand goes over that spot and she stares at you in disbelief. 

"I hope that made you feel better. I'll see you tomorrow evening, Bunchies." You flash her a cheerful smile and the door closes. 

The hearts came back into her eyes and a goofy grin spread across her face. 

Subconsciously, Spinel makes her way back to the boardwalk and finally her hand grabs the light post, it keeps her upright as she giggles. "OOOOH~ MYYYY SWEEEETHEART!!!~" She sings out loud and giggles more while holding her gem. 

The love struck gem swings around and ends up, "I'm really not joking, you'll see!~" She stops and shouts out, "OW~ OH OH OH!~" The feelings returned once she thought about you and she couldn't stop singing out her feelings while springing up into the sky.

For a moment, she dances in midair, "Oh, the tune sounds silly, I will agree~ The words sound daffy, but not to me~ For there's no doubt, it's the way I feel about you~" Spinel lands on the roof of Steven's house and stretches onto the porch. "About ya, About ya, About ya, About ya! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo! 'Bout'chu!~" 

With a final spin, she slips inside the house full of excitement for the next day. 

An entire evening with you. 

'Just for one day, don't let anything ruin it.'

•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•°♡°•

[Preview Art]
[Ch.20]:

[The Song Spinel was partly Singing]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 332 17
Steven And Spinel... absolute Enemies. But In Their Junior year of high school, Things change. •Again I'm so sorry if I don't spell things correctly...
94.4K 1.8K 50
Steven Universe has had a decent life. An awesome older sister, 2 caring and wise aunts, and of course his great dad. He thinks everyone is his frien...
33.1K 866 19
*just wanna see Spinel blush. But is that angst I see?* Spinel gets what Steven meant now "are you sure? They're not exactly the easiest to get along...
7.8K 265 24
(I do not own any rights to Steven universe, all credit goes to Rebecca Sugar and Cartoon Network) (This story is much more slice of life in nature...