Playing The Surfer

By Murffiee

"Does this feel real enough?" He grabbed my face delicately in his hands, the rain runs down our foreheads to... More

Editing Schedule Updates and Plan
characters | visuals
Epigraph
PART 1 | kenji
PART 2 | our tradition
PART 3 | big sister card
PART 4 | my locker
PART 5 | twisted his knickers
PART 6 | this girl
PART 7 | to familiar
PART 8 | willy
PART 9 | cliche movie players
PART 10 | australian babe
PART 11 | truth or dare
PART 12 | detention
Covers | :)
PART 13 | my ex
PART 14 | pirates
PART 15 | so stupid
PART 16 | dribble
PART 17 | all gender toilet
PART 18 | tough gal
PART 19 | he never cries
PART 20 | cooties
PART 21 | a photo
PART 22 | sam
PART 23 | good thing
PART 24 | the ocean
PART 25 | the tea
PART 26 | uncomfortable
PART 27 | im hungry too
PART 28| sweet-filled delight
PART 29 | so whipped
PART 30| come and find me
PART 31 | text message
PART 33 | Qual Point
PART 34 | patience grasshopper
authors note
PART 35 | princess
PART 36 | the cinema
PART 37 | nancy drew
PART 38 | found it
PART 39 | live a little
PART 40 | lips collide
PART 41 | promposal
PART 42 | she's magic
PART 43 | real enough?
PART 44 | oh, shit
PART 45 | I'll be here
PART 46 | heartache
authors note
PART 47 | if it was love
SEQUEL
NEW BOOKS!

PART 32 | boys and their desires

14.1K 260 109
By Murffiee

Kennedy's P.O.V

THE NIGHT OF Jersey's birthday party arrives and I'm standing in front of my closet, with a messed up bunch of clothes.

20minutes ago dad let me sneak my phone into my room so that I'd be able to call if I needed help when I'm gone.
And just now my phone lights up with a new message.

CAIDEN: picking u up in an hour

Seeing it's from him I let my heart squeeze in a good way.

Ever since King brought up yesterday how he'd been going crazy without me. Our kiss has been replaying over and over again in my mind like a broken radio.

I want to wear something nice but to me all my clothes suck.

I shoot Michelle a quick photo of my

clothes and text for help.

My door nudges open slightly, my mind races and I pray it's not mum. Then a black, wet nose pokes its way through.

"Roscoe!" I whisper. He hears me and squeezes himself through the gap.

Roscoe trots over, his tail wagging happily. "Hey buddy."

He lays down on my rug and lets me rub his stomach for a while.

Ping!

MICHELLE: your fairy godmother is here! Try the denim jacket in the corner with a dress from the pile.

I try it on and though I'm already loving it, I send her the picture.

MICHELLE: perfecto !!

The hour passes by, and I hear a pebble clang against my window pane.

I roll my eyes and walk over to open the window. How cliche is this?

I look down to see Caiden standing in a pair of navy shorts and fitted white top.

"Is that you Troy?" I sing out a smile branded on my face.

I watch Caiden roll his eyes and chuckle lightly. "Who else would it be Gabriella."

My mouth parts slightly in surprise. "You've watched High School Musical?!"

Caiden grins up at me.

I take that as an obvious yes and swing my legs out the window. My bedrooms on the second story, so it's a bit of a jump, but not so big it'll break my back.

I peer down at Caiden, he's just standing there, completely unprepared.
I glare at him. "You better catch me or I'll fucken stab your thigh."

He raises his eyebrows at me. "That was a bit aggressive."

"Well I'm the one jumping out of a window."

He groans teasingly and holds his arms out. "Of course I'll catch you, I'm not that mean."

A small breeze tickles my legs. And I plant my hands firmly on either side of my body  then push off.

I fall down toward the lawn. Caiden comes closer and catches me in his arms.

Warmth spreads to my upper body, butterfly's raging where he holds me. "Caught you," he whispers.

My eyes roam his face, taking in his cute pear scar, striking brown eyes and tasteful lips.

"I knew you would."

Caiden tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. "I haven't been able to get you outta my head."

My heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that I thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest, but it felt good. "Is that a bad thing?"

He dips his head down, closer to my lips.
"Not in my books."

"FOR FUCKS SAKE LOVE BIRDS FLY TO THE CAR ALREADY!" screams Jerseys voice.

I furrow my eyebrows and look toward the car parked outside my house.

"Jerseys here?" I frown. "But I needed to get his present on the way."

Caiden embarrassingly scratches his neck. "Nah he's at my house. He uh pre recorded that, he knew I'd take a while to get you to the car."

I laugh, you've gotta love Jersey. "Well I guess that's the cue to go."

We get in the car, Kingston at the wheel, Hayley in the passenger while Michelle at the back.

I assume Julie's at the house with Jersey. I smirk to myself. I wonder what they're doing.

***

On the way to the party we stopped by the shops so I could get Jersey his present. Most were jusg closing, but we managed to bribe one shopkeeper to let us in.

Rounding the last corner, King almost runs over a couple of friends just to park in Caiden's driveway.
"How many people did you invite?" I exclaim as Caiden helps me out of the car. The music blares louder than thunder, and from the outside you can hear the faint thud of "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus.

"Don't ask me, Jersey's just borrowing my house," He shouts loud enough for me to hear him over the music.

I grab my present out of the car and shut the door. "Why your house? What's wrong with his?"

Caiden shrugs and gently grabs my hand. My stomach flips.

Kingston heads inside first with Hayley holding close. Then Caiden threads his fingers with mine and guides me through the dozens of teenagers.

Soon enough we find Jersey and Julie out the back. My mouth drops open at the scenery. "What the actual fuck!"

Caiden looks over his shoulder at me. "What's wrong?"

"You have a flippin' pool?!"

Caiden grins at me. "You really love the water don't you?"

I nod enthusiastically, then my gaze meets Jersey. "Jerseyyyy!!!! Get ur birthday ass over here."

He turns at the sound of his name and as soon as he sees me and his friends he jogs over with Julie.

"Fine-a-fuckin-lee" Jersey pulls me into a bro hug. "We missed you all week."

After this He lets go of the hug so Julie can hug me next.

"Girl, Michelle and I have been dying without you."

Michelle folds her arms and glares at the boys. "Yeah it ain't easy keeping these dittos in line without you."

"Sorry, my mum gets a bit... you know... Anyways, Happy Birthday!!!" I hand Jersey his present.

"You got me a present! Dude no wonder Caiden likes you so much."

I look up at Caiden standing beside me to see him blush a little. "Fuck off man."

I giggle. "So you been making your rounds?"

Jersey slips his arm around Julie's waist. "As a matter of fact I have."

I raise my eyebrows when he pulls Julie into him. Jersey takes this action as a sign to explain.

"I've just been making sure everyone's backed off my girl."

My lips curl upward into a smirk. "Your girl huh? How long have I been gone?"

Julie bites her lip and smiles. "I said yes a few days ago."

I fist bump Michelle.

Caiden squeezes my other hand which is still threaded through his. "We're going to get a drink."

Tugging me back through the crowds of people we entered his house. But instead of heading toward the kitchen or at least in the direction I thought it was, Caiden takes me down a hallway.

We pass a couple making out and I imagine me and Caiden doing just that.

God when did I start thinking like this? I mentally groan and push away the teenage hormones. He probably just has two kitchens.

Then suddenly, before I even had the chance to realise. I'm jerked inside a room to the left, the door slamming shut behind me.

"Cai-"

My words were cut off with his mouth on mine. I sigh into the kiss. My fingers gripping his shirt, and my back arching in pleasure.

Caiden presses me up against the door, his hold on my waist tightened. Our lips continue to move in sync, but this time, slower and more tender.

Wrapping my arms up around his neck, I hold on for dear life as my doubts were obliterated by the excitement I felt in simply being with him.

He breaks the kiss, leaving us both breathing heavily. "I missed you."

I rest my forehead against his. "I missed you too."

Caiden tilts his head and gently kisses my cheek. "You look beautiful tonight," he murmurs, and this sets off those butterflies in my belly once again.

My fingers twiddle with the curls at the back of his head. "I'm only wearing a dress and denim jacket."

He groans throwing his head back. "Kennedy."

I laugh. "Buzz off Caiden, I'm not used to you complimenting me."

"Well you better get used to it." He said softly and brushed his mouth over mine.

My lips tingle at the contact. "You know, I love how you kiss."

Caiden grins, looking pleased and a little smug. "Yeah?"

I roll my eyes and try to ignore his smugness. "I just never liked kissing until now."

He presses in closer and in answer he kissed me gently. "Never?" Kiss. "Before?" Kiss. "Now?"

"Nope."

He looks at me. A certain twinkle in his smile. I watch his fiery eyes roam my face, as if to take in every single detail before the moment ended.

Then he grins and kisses me once more. "Now that I've cured my hunger, we should probably go get those drinks."

I laugh. "Boys and their desires."

Caiden and I leave the room, and go back the way we came, toward the kitchen.

As we get closer I see our friends laughing and chatting around the islander.

Kingston spots us first. "Guess you were thirsty for something other than a beer from the cooler."

I blush.

"None of your business man," Caiden said, when he saw me blush.

Hayley, Michelle and Julie all smirk at me, they knew exactly what we were doing. And in defence I poke my tongue out at them.

"Well," Jersey claps his hands. "Now that the love birds have returned from the nest. We can join the game."

"What game?" Caiden and I ask.

"Truth or dare, it started a few minutes ago in the lounge," Hayley answered.

"You guys have fun!" Michelle shouts over her shoulder as she walks away. "I saw this hot girl by the pool. Gonna shoot my shot."

I smile. I love Michelle's outgoing confidence, how she will do anything and not care what others will think.

"Come on." Caiden places his hand on my lower back and guides me to the lounge.

We all take a seat. Joining the circle of 20 or more people.

Someone turns down the speakers, so the music doesn't blast as loud.
Across from us Hayley sits on Kingston's lap and Julie leaning against Jersey.

"Xavier, Truth or dare?" Asks a dark haired boy who's name I have no idea of.

Xavier takes a sip of his beer. "Dare."

"I dare you to try and seduce Mike."

Xavier raises an eyebrow. "You know I'm not gay right."

The circle laughs. "It's a dare dude," the asker shrugs one shoulder.

Xavier stands up and heads over to Mike.

A brush of hot breath tickles below my ear. "Your coming back to school right?"

I turn to Caiden. "Yeah, that is, if all goes well when sneaking back in."

"Wait!" I squeal. My whole face lifting up in excitement as I realise something.

Caiden's lips curl up into a small smile and a chuckle slips out. "What?"

"I'll be able to get back in the surf!!!"

He shakes his head while smiling down at me. "How do you do that?"

Turning my attention back to him I scrunch up my nose, confused. "Do what?"

"Make it seem like there's nothing to worry about. Make me fe..." He pauses, clearly thinking about his next choice of words.

"What?" I ask, intrigued to hear what else.

He returns from his thoughts and lets his hand brush against mine. "You make me feel like I'm worth something."

I bite my lip, does he hate himself because of how his dad treats him?

He continues to look at me, waiting for me to say something.

Instead I lean against his shoulder, his arm slips round me and he hugs me closer.

"Your worth more than what you believe."

A/N: chapter dedicated to
Avac190385 

11/8/20, WE REACHED 10k
YALL R SO SWEET, ALWAYS MAKIN' MY DAY AND EVERYTHING!!!!!

(ignore the excessive amount of draft ideas I have)

🤪☀️💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 9.8K 48
"'Bye.' I say after Edwin's kiss. He gives me a small smile that honestly looks more like a grimace. It makes me a little uncomfortable having him ki...
328K 8K 40
"what the hell are you doing!" she exclaimed and covered her eyes. I walked closeer to her, our chests touching each other. her breath hitched. I fel...
236K 4.8K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...
4.8K 104 59
Ava is eighteen and has never been kissed. She goes off to college hoping that some guy will sweep her off her feet. Unfortunately, she finds that...