Bridge To Delphilia

By willFindLove

An expedition to search for the unknown suddenly turned into pools of blood and festive night for the scienti... More

⸙͎ 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗘𝗟𝗣𝗛𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔
❥ Chapter One: The Full Moon
❥ Chapter Two: The Silver Amulet
❥ Chapter Three: Corpus Achilles
❥ Chapter Four: Mana One
❥ Chapter Five: Second Phase
❥ Chapter Six: The Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Seven: One out of Seven
❥ Chapter Eight: Matched
❥ Chapter Ten: Lauren Mae Breiner
❥ Chapter Eleven: Red
❥ Chapter Twelve: The Truth Untold
❥ Chapter Thirteen: Luna, the Female Alpha
❥ Chapter Fourteen: Moon Feast
❥ Chapter Fifteen: Hybrid
❥ Chapter Sixteen: Escape Plan
❥ Chapter Seventeen: Veronica Jane Heartfillia
❥ Chapter Eighteen: Bearing an Heir
❥ Chapter Nineteen: Out Alive
❥ Chapter Twenty: Seven
❥ Chapter Twenty-One: Found Her
❥ Chapter Twenty-Two: Squad
❥ Chapter Twenty-Three: Goodbye
❥ Chapter Twenty-Four: Memories
❥ Chapter Twenty-Five: Present
❥ Chapter Twenty-Six: To go or not to go?
❥ Chapter Twenty-Seven: Back Again
❥ Chapter Twenty-Eight: The danger lurking behind
❥ Chapter Twenty-Nine: Art and the truth
E X C E R P T...
❥ Chapter Thirty: Roni
❥ Chapter Thirty-One: The Rendezvous
❥ Chapter Thirty-Two: Trauma
❥ Chapter Thirty-Three: Girl
❥ Chapter Thirty-Four: Infiltration
❥ Chapter Thirty-Five: Reunion
❥ Chapter Thirty-Six: The real female Alpha
❥ Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Hybrid's true form
❥ Chapter Thirty-Eight: Scarlet
Author's Note

❥ Chapter Nine: John Matthews

90 9 7
By willFindLove

Jack carried my bag pack and I'm left with the shoulder bag where I put those things that may come in handy. I had a caliber filled with pellets that contains tranquilizer. Though the sun is set at the highest point, I felt nervous and shaken. Something isn't right again or is it just me?

We successfully relayed the message for our departure and some of them were hesitant whether to call the expedition off but as the head of the research, everyone has no choice but to obey.

I kept the walkie-talkie on the pocket of my jeans and pulled the cardigan tightly to myself. The winter wind makes it uncomfortable for me to hike. The cold atmosphere prevented me from wearing a comfortable clothing so I'm stuck with a long-sleeved cotton blouse and a long cardigan that Prim lend to me. I could've worn the trench coat but Jack won't permit it. He doesn't want me to wear tight clothes.

We stood at the end of the shore, waiting for our ride. I glanced at my wristwatch and in about thirty minutes, the chopper should land here. I put my hands on the pocket of my cardigan and stood still while gazing at the blue sky but the gray clouds keep on nudging the pure ones. Hope it won't rain. Hope the sun won't hide in vain.

"Roni." A hand touched my arm causing me to avert my eyes away from the beautiful sight. Jack dragged me away from the crowd. We stopped at a tree, fifty meters away from my fellow researchers.

"What is it?" I asked him, a bit worried.

"Matt and Lauren are nowhere to be found. They're gone." He whispered. My forehead creased. They're gone? To where? I thought they understand this.

"Art and I will find them." I immediately shook my head and held his hand. I don't want them to go back to camp or to that mountain. I can't risked their lives anymore. It's noon and there's no telling when they'll be back if they ever tried to search for Lauren and Matt.

"Jack, no. Stay." I muttered.

"We can't leave them, Roni. I have to find them." His tone was marked with finality and I didn't argue anymore.

When Art and Prim came, Jack immediately set out a plan. Prim and I will keep on the look-out here at the bay while Art and Jack will search inside. We'll keep communicating on our walkie-talkie until they find the two.

I checked my smartphone but there's no signal still. If I can just check Lauren's GPS, we can find them a bit sooner. I opened the iPad and scanned the map for the possible route that the two have taken.

"Do you think they've ran off somewhere and continued their research?" Prim asked. She broke the silence between us without sparing me a look. She had a latte on her right hand and phone on the left, trying to search for a coverage. Hope there's at least a single bar. That would be helpful.

"Maybe. Lauren was always the kind of person who seriously takes her career as the top priority." I answered. Prim nodded and smiled a little.

"And Matt was there to support her always." She silently said. I was surprised when that came out from her. She isn't the type of person who speaks highly of Matt. They're like rivals, argued a lot like Tom and Jerry so that comment really surprised me.

Prim pays attention a lot. To Matt. Surprisingly.

"I remember how Matt begged for our help and asked for Lauren's number. He was so desperate back then." She muttered with a grunt after.

"He was surely head over heels with her. Can't blame him though. Lauren's pretty and a sure catch." She added. I felt a lump of bitterness on her. The way she said the last line felt like a jealousy. I've known Prim when we were still young and even before our circle of friends came, I know something isn't right. She's hiding something.

"Prim." I called. She turned to me and faked a smile.

"Hmmm?"

I took a deep breath before turning the iPad off. I put my smartphone on the pocket of my cardigan and crossed my arms slowly, careful not to touch my wound.

"Do you like Matt?" I asked. Prim's eyes widened in shock. She bit her fingernails and stare at me nervously.

"Primrose." I called her full name this time.

"Huh?" She asked a little bit puzzled.

"Do you have feelings for Matt?" I asked again. She stopped biting her nails and didn't say anything in a minute.

I won't force her if she won't admit it but I just want to know straight from her if she likes Matt. Because if she said yes then I don't know what to do anymore. Lauren and Prim are dear to me. They're both my friends and I don't want them to hate each other.

"I always argue with Matt so he could give me some attention because I desperately needed it. I need him Roni. Even now. I love him." She whispered. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

"And you didn't tell me?" I asked. I felt offended. We're bestfriends! And she kept a secret from me. Not that I would judge her.

"You were so supportive with Lauren and Matt's love team back then so how am I suppose to tell you about my feelings?" She screamed, tears raining down on her beautiful face.

"We could've fix things out if you told us in the first place." I calmly said. I don't want to get emotional in this situation.

"It doesn't matter anymore." She quietly said afterwards. She wiped her face with the back of her hand.

"It does matter, Prim. We have to tell them about this. Especially Matt!" She fake a laugh and bitterly smile at me with tear stained eyes.

"And destroy our friendship?" She sarcastically said.

"I think lying to our friends felt like betraying them."

"You betrayed us too, Roni. Don't think you're clean and stop being so righteous, you're not a saint."

I narrowed my eyes at her. I felt offended again and she just said it like it's nothing. I wanted to slap her but I know she's in pain so I force myself not to.

Our walkie-talkie screeched even before I can fire back at Prim so I dropped the subject down. We'll talk about this some other time.

"Roni?" Art called. I saw on my peripheral vision that Prim took out his walkie-talkie too.

"I'm here." I answered.

"We can't find them. But we saw Lauren's bag pack just outside the cave you were in."

My heartbeat doubled and the familiar shiver made me fell on the ground. My legs are jelly and I felt all my strength gone away.

They can't be inside that cave! And why did they chose that place? Damn. No. Nothing bad happened to the two. Nothing. I just have to make sure they're okay.

I glanced at Prim who's staring at me, waiting for my orders and the horrified look on her face tells me she isn't ready to more deaths. Nothing is going to die again. I promised her that. Not on my watch.

"Stay put. I'm coming." I whispered. I automatically heard Jack's protests but nothing can stop me now.

I carefully stood up and turned my iPad on again. I have to make sure if the creatures are unmoving. Plus the chopper is late and if we want to make it, we have to rescue Lauren and Matt immediately.

"I'll come with you." Prim said. I shook my head before matching inside the forest. And even though I didn't permit her so, Prim's on my side.

"I told you not to follow me." I sternly said.

"Oh yeah? Well that wasn't a suggestion." She immediately fired back. I pressed my lips into thin line and kept my mouth shut. It'll be faster if we focused on our trails and not on an argument. I grabbed the gun from my bag and put it on my waistband when I finally saw the bridge.

"Why do you have that?" Prim asked horrifically.

"For safety purposes." I answered before tying my hair into a ponytail.

My IPad beeped and I scanned it swiftly to see who's near and if it's conscious or not. Prim tailed on me from behind as I took a careful step on the bridge. It moved a little so I held on the railing for support. We're approaching the target in approximately ten meters away. But I stopped when the wind blows and made the bridge sway. I signaled Prim to keep quiet or else it'll heard us coming.

9 meters

8 meters

7 meters

6 meters

5 meters

I let go of my railing and used my free hand to grasp the gun on my waistband.

4 meters

3 meters

2 meters

1 meter

I couldn't see nor hear anything in front of me. The sun on this side isn't visible and the cold temperature almost blinded us. It's usually fogging. That's weird. I turned to Prim slowly and handed her the iPad. I have to use a flashlight just in case. I carefully unzipped the bag pack without taking my eyes off the remaining steps a meter away from me where the fog lies. I searched for the flashlight and grabbed it carefully not to make unnecessary noise.

"We saw John Matthews. He's unconscious."

I turned to Prim and saw her struggling to turn the walkie-talkie on or off. I took a deep breath and focused in front of me again. My feet felt something vibrated. It must be from the bridge.

"Hello Jack, it's Prim. We're on our way there."

Oh god. She blurted it out and her voice echoed loudly. I bit my lip and grabbed the gun. I aimed it a foot taller than me with my finger ready to squeezed the trigger. Then I suddenly felt something breathing, inhaling and exhaling. I scanned around us and carefully looked at everywhere.

"Roni?" Prim whispered. I put my finger on my lips without looking at her. She got my signal and zipped her mouth up.

My right hand shakes and I'm on the verge of crying to where I stand. I can feel and sense someone watching us but I didn't see anything. My heart beats faster than the usual as I tried to swallow the lump on my throat.

I turned the flashlight on but still saw nothing. We have to continue walking forward or we'll be late.

0.75 meters

My eyes widened in disbelief as I steady myself on the bridge, not minding the wind blowing beneath me. Prim held her breath behind me and I subconsciously held mine too.

"When I say run, run." I whispered to Prim without averting my eyes off of the front.

I held the flashlight high before throwing it in front, to the other side of the bridge. It made a thud sound when it landed and Prim automatically gasped. I aimed my gun at the shadow of the creature. It's in front of us, standing.

I slowly took a step backwards but the target stepped forward. I hesitantly glanced at Prim nervously signaled her to run. She didn't stare at me back, she's just horrifically standing there watching the creature's shadow.

"RUN!" I shouted.

Prim and I hurriedly run away from the steps but the creature jumped in front of us. Prim yelped in horror as the beast howl loudly. She ran to the other edge, knocking me to the wood steps. She's horrified and the only thing that matters to her now is that she gets away from here.

My body felt heavy but I tried to crawl away. The gun was thrown on the side, strangling with the rope railings. I gulped and lie down on my back. The creature walked unto my direction while I crawled backwards. My wounds are throbbing but I didn't mind them. I just have to escape this.

The beast's sharp nails dug on my calves and I screamed in pain. I grunt and forced back my tears. I can't let my emotion rule. I extended my left arm and tried to reach for the gun. The creature stare at me until it's face is inches away from mine. I felt my heart stopped beating and all I can see is red. The creature flashed it's sharp teeth on me, making my tears fall. It howl so loud in my face that I felt my ear drums exploded.

Everything went slow-mo after that. His mouth on the way to biting my neck. The tag on his collar seems clear to me. Then my hand held the cold metal a second after.

I squeezed the trigger on the werewolf's head and the ringing sound made me deaf. I tried to sat up on my own and moved away from the beast. My vision is a blur and the fog made it worse. I crawled on my back and realized it too late. My hand slipped on the rope railings and I fell off the bridge.

FMV

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 90 52
BtsXreader She knows she's different she can feel it in her blood and veins coursing through her body like a virus. But with one encounter he fell...
9K 541 37
Y/N has almost accepted the future that's been laid out before her, until she meets him. The man that shows her everything she's been taught is wrong...
1.7K 80 11
𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁. 𝗢𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 - 𝗝𝗞 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺...
55K 2K 13
Running away and getting lost in the mountainous forest was a mistake, but you meet a wolf that is like no other, who helps you and you instantly gro...