Reason [BNHA x HxH!Reader]

By bloomstruck

Everything happens for a reason - at least, that's what you'd like to believe. While playing Greed Island wit... More

[0] Departure
[1] Just Awake
[2] Solution
[3] Explosive Babies
[4] Auras
[5] Close Calls
[6] Field Trip
[7] Bird Brain
[8] Rampaging Evil
[x.1] Special
[9] Spreading Anxiety
[11] The Magician's Baile
[12] Go Go Go! U.A's Sport's Festival!
[13] Always Reaching For the Top
[14] Go Seize It!
[1-5] Anthology Chapter
[15] Bright and Cheerful
[16] Chuunibyou
[x.2] Special
[17] Budding Suspicions
[18] Foreigner VS. Sparking Killing Boy!
[6-10] Anthology Chapter
[19] Realized Capacity
[20] Consequences
[21] Underlying Threat
[22] Unwind
[23] The Big Three
[24] Code Names and Internships
[11-15] Anthology Chapter
[25] Scarlet-Eyed Lament
[26] Admonishment
[x.3] Crack Chapter
[27] Playing Detective
[28] Hero Killer
[29] S.O.S
[30] Higher Ground
[31] Two Sides of the Same Coin
[32] Secrets
[33] Specialist
[34] Study Hard!
[35] Back to the Basics
[36] Practicals
[37] Advantages
[38] Friends
[x.4] Crack Chapter Pt. 2
[39] Never a Moment of Rest
[40] Revelations
[41] Bloodlust
[42] Homesickness
[43] Fanfare
[44] Reinforcements
[45] Unease
[46] Touch and Go
[47] Remedial Hell
[48] Hysteria
[x.5] Crack Chapter Pt. 3
[x.6] Crack - Denki's Misfortune
[49] Intruders
[50] Budding Chaos
[51] York New City
[52] Tourists
[53] An Informant's Infamy
[54] [Y/n]: Origin
[55] Hero Support
[56] A Little Help
[57] Reality Shift
[58] Reason
[59] Diminuendo
[60] Departure
[16-20] Anthology
[21-25] Anthology
[26-30] Anthology
END 1: Midoriya Izuku
END 2: Bakugou Katsuki
END 3: Todoroki Shouto
END 4: Iida Tenya
END 5: Ashido Mina
END 6: Kirishima Eijirou
END 7: Kaminari Denki
END 8: Sero Hanta
END 9: Uraraka Ochaco
END 10: Yaoyorozu Momo
END 11: Shinsou Hitoshi
END 12: Toga Himiko
END 13: Kurapika
END 14: Leorio Paladiknight
BNHA ENDING
SECRET ENDING
HXH TRUE END
[alternate realities]
[Q&A AND END NOTE]
5K Special: What If?

[10] Declaration of War

8.1K 379 224
By bloomstruck

School was off for one more day before you all had to get back to the daily grind. As much as you wanted to go out and explore, and try to make a break in your investigation, you were stuck at the house with Aizawa, equal parts taking care of him (much to his dismay, as he found out the hard way that you cannot cook) and studying. It was Aizawa who had pointed out that if you wanted to stay in U.A., you couldn't afford to slack off, and so you spent your day practicing writing in Japanese. You weren't perfect, but now that you got the hang of the katakana alphabet, writing in kanji and hiragana became easier for you. It was sloppy, but at least you could understand the words.

The morning school was supposed to be back in session, you tried to convince Aizawa to stay home to no avail. Apparently looking like a literal mummy (who eerily reminded you of one of the Phantom Troupe members) was not going to stop the man from fulfilling his duty as a teacher, and so after you got ready, the two of you left for campus. He had received tons of odd looks, but you stuck by him just in case something were to happen.

Thankfully, your trip to school went off without a hitch.

Having had to get to school earlier, you met up with Nejire in the classroom where your tutoring sessions were going to take place, the blue-haired teen already waiting patiently for you as she read a book. When you walked in, she quickly got up, bouncing over and pulling you in for a tight hug with your head pressed into her chest.

"Ah, [Y/n]-chan! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Trying to not suffocate, you gave her a quick hug before pushing her away, your face reddening. And you thought Aunt Mito had a grip..!

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. You heard what happened at the USJ?"

Nejire nodded, tilting her head to the side in a manner that made her seem almost younger than you. "Hm, I think everybody has! It's common knowledge that Class 1-A was attacked by villains. I'm certain you all will be scoped out today." You had no clue what she was talking about, honestly, and she laughed at your confused face as the two of you sat down. "The Sport's Festival. U.A. is going to go ahead with it, and since your class survived a villain attack, you all will probably be considered the biggest contenders."

That added on explanation didn't really help you either, but Nejire was apparently not going to explain any further. "I'm sure your teacher will explain it to you today. Either way, we should probably get to work, [Y/n]-chan. You have a lot to learn~!"

Groaning, you nodded as Nejire went further over the alphabet with you, before deeming you decent enough for the time being to move on to Japan's history.

The hour went by fast, and as you bid Nejire goodbye, you quickly shoved your stuff in your bag, your head hurting. As much as you loved Nejire, she seemed to love trying to cram as much information into your head as possible, effectively giving you a massive headache. You were only one person! How did she expect you to remember all of Japan's history in the span of 1 hour?!

Rubbing the sides of your forehead, you started to make your way to your classroom, weaving through the other students to the best of your ability. The hallways were wide, but with everybody making their ways to their respective classes, it seemed somewhat crazy. That's why it wasn't really your fault as to what happened next.

"Oof!"

You hadn't realized how much force you had been putting in your "brisk walking pace" (you were not running, just... walking fast!), and unfortunately, somebody else hadn't been given much time to dodge as you collided into him. Both of you fell onto the ground harshly, the guy who was underneath you hitting his head on the tiled floor with a loud thunk. Your head had collided into the person's chest, and you winced, immediately using your arms to push yourself up so you were hovering over him.

"I am so sorry!"

He was cute, but not somebody you had seen before, so clearly not one of your classmates. He had messy, purple hair that looked like it had never been styled, and eye bags that made you wonder if this guy got any sleep. Like, at all. When he opened his eyes, you noticed they matched his hair, and a light blush adorned his face when he saw how close you face was to his. For a moment, he said nothing.

"Um, are you okay?!"

He blinked slowly, before muttering, "get off," in which you did immediately, bowing and apologizing right away. You offered a hand to help him up, but he got up by himself, rubbing the back of his head slowly. Whether in annoyance or pain, you weren't sure, but you felt like it was your duty to help this guy out. After all, you had been the one to knock him over!

Bowing one more time, you grabbed onto his hand, dragging him along towards the nurse's office as protests rose from his lips. "You have to get your head checked out, what if you have a concussion?!"

"Wouldn't it be your fault?"

You nearly stumbled at the straight-forward question, floundering for words. He shook his head, but decided to go along with your antics thankfully as you brought him to Recovery Girl's office.

"Ah, Freeccss, who do you have here?"

"Uh... Um..."

Thankfully, he supplied his name, as you had no clue as to who he was. "I'm Shinsou Hitoshi, ma'am." After that, he rubbed the back of his head, untangling your hand from his as the familiar pink hue rose to his cheeks again. "She ran into me and wanted me to get my head checked out."

"It was an accident!" You protested, and Recovery Girl just chuckled, ushering Hitoshi over and probing his head as you stood by awkwardly. You didn't interrupt as she asked him questions, before putting a kiss on his forehead and declaring him good to go. Not before, of course, telling you to be more careful and aware of your surroundings, in which you bashfully agreed, feeling a bit embarrassed from being called out.

"Again, I am so sorry, Hitoshi," you apologized, before perking up. "Hey, can I call you Toshi? I'm [Y/n], by the way! I was kind of in a rush, but maybe it's good, because I ran into you! I'm supposed to make new friends, so we can be friends now, right?"

The poor teen seemed off put by both your blatant friendliness and by your constant stream of questions, and he averted his eyes, wondering what exactly you were up to. Most people tended to avoid him - that much didn't really change from him leaving his school and coming here. Was it possible you would do the same if you found out about his quirk? Your friendliness, while off-putting, was a welcome change. Not that he would say anything.

"I - Call me Shinsou. I don't even know you." He didn't mean to stumble over his words, and you shrugged nonchalantly.

"Hitoshi it is, then! Anyways, what class - "

Interrupting your words was the bell, signifying that class was starting, causing you to jump in alarm. "Ah, I'll talk to you later, it was nice meeting you, Hitoshi! Bye bye!"

With that said, you hauled ass out of there, leaving behind the purple-haired teen in a state of confusion in Recovery Girl's office, wondering what the hell just happened. You had no doubt you'd see him later, but for now, you had to get to class before Aizawa once again got onto your ass about being late.

It was a miracle you made it to the classroom before your teacher, and you quickly sat down in a huff just as the door opened, revealing said teacher as he waddled in like a monster out of some b-rated horror movie, everybody exclaiming in shock.

"Aizawa-sensei, should you be back so soon?!"

"He really looks dead . . . "

Interrupting the throng of voices that arose from your class, Aizawa spoke up. "Quiet down. I have an important announcement to make." It was effective in getting everybody to quiet down, and you shifted in your seat. Was it the sport's festival? "I'd like to take a moment to discuss the upcoming sport's festival."

Immediately voices piped up again, questioning as to whether it was a wise idea to continue on with the sport's festival, and Aizawa quickly hushed them all.

"But sensei, what about the villain attack?" Mina asked, seeming a bit confused that this was still a thing, and you inwardly cursed her. Don't give him second thoughts, I want to see how this goes!

"U.A. has decided that it would be best to move forward with the sport's festival to show that we are strong and can handle a crisis," Aizawa told everybody. His voice was a little bit muffled from the bandages, but still clear enough for everybody to hear. Nonetheless, you leaned forward, excited. While it wasn't exactly the action you usually craved, sports were a fun way to let loose and have fun, and with everything that happened a few days ago, letting loose was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Continuing on, Aizawa said, "You all should think about the opportunity that is being presented to you. The U.A. Sport's Festival, as you all know, has taken the place of the Olympics over the past few years. Everybody will be tuned in, including pro-heroes from around the country."

Conversations bubbled up, everybody clearly excited, and Momo spoke up among the excited chatter. "The pros will surely be scouting us all based on our performance!"

You tilted your head, humming. "Scouting... For, like, job opportunities?" you asked, furrowing your eyebrows. Why would they scout based off of sports performances? What did that have to do with being a hero??

Hearing your question, Momo turned around and nodded. "Yes, for the chance to work at a pro agency."

"Did you not watch the sport's festival back in America?"

The question came from Hanta and you pressed your lips together in a line, trying to think of a good response to that. Apparently this was a big deal that everybody knew about. Everybody except you, apparently. "We watched fighting tournaments, but not the Sport's Festival," you quickly deflected, and Aizawa spoke up again, saving the day and you from being asked any more nosy questions.

"Naturally, interning at a pro-hero's agency will grant you more experience and popularity among civilians. This chance only comes once a year, giving you three chances to prove yourself to the pros before you graduate U.A. and start off your careers. If you're going to be a hero, this is the one event you cannot miss!"

After his little speech, conversation broke out again, everybody equal parts excited and nervous. For the most part, you just eavesdropped, wondering what kind of sports you all would be playing. You really hoped for dodge ball, as that was such a fun game to play! You'd annihilate everyone.

Ochaco seemed especially determined, her fist clenching tightly as she faced your classmates. "Everybody... let's do our best!"

"YEAH!"

The rest of class had passed by quickly, with you not really paying much attention to your surroundings or classmates (as awful as that seemed). You had two weeks to prepare for the sports festival. While you were confident in your athletic ability, you wondered if it would be good to brush up on your skills a bit. Who knew what sports they were going to have, after all! Anyways, since "moving" here, you had been slacking off a bit on your training...

Lost in your own thoughts and plans about the sports festival, you had nearly missed the commotion going on outside your classroom, looking up only to meet a crowd of people blocking your way out.

"E-eh?! What's this?"

"W-what's going on?!" Ochaco parroted your question, and interested you stood up, peering over your classmates to try and get a better look at the mess of people gathered.

Everybody shared your guys' confusion, Iida chopping his arm down in a motion that stopped at 90 degrees. It was oddly satisfying and perfect to watch, honestly. "What business do you all have with Class 1-A?"

Walking forward and brusquely shoving past you in a way that made an indignant "hey!" leave your mouth was Katsuki, who was entirely unimpressed with the entire situation. "They're scouting out the competition, dumbass. We're the ones who made it out the of the villains' attack."

Fearless of the students that were blocking your guys' only exit, Katsuki continued to walk forward. "There's no point in doing any of that. Out of my way, extras."

At his words, you groaned, and you could see poor Izuku look like he was about to have an aneurysm as Iida's scolding fell on deaf ears. You don't know why the class president tried; you doubted Katsuki has ever actually listened to advice or reprimands his entire life.

A familiar voice that wasn't a part of your class spoke out among the sea of people, and you perked up, peering over Iida's shoulder. "I came to see what this famous Class 1-A was like, but you all seem pretty arrogant. Are all the students enrolled in the hero course like this?"

Everybody else groaned in the class as you all realized that Katsuki was giving everybody literally the worst impression in existence, but you were too preoccupied with seeing your new friend again. "Hitoshi! Hitoshi! It's me!" Jumping up and down, you waved at Hitoshi, all smiles and cheer, and you watched as his tired gaze stopped on you, widening slightly. You wondered if he knew you were in Class 1-A. Probably not, given his reaction.

Either way, he didn't acknowledge any more than that, turning back to Katsuki who stood in the forefront. "Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few people enrolled in general studies or other courses because they didn't make it into the hero course. This school has left those of us a chance - considering the results of the sports festival, they'll consider our transfer into the hero course." You weren't entirely sure about the school's politics, but Hitoshi kept talking, clearly on a roll with his little monologue. "And it seems they might transfer people out. Scouting out the enemy? I came to say that even if you're in the hero course, if you get too carried away, I'll sweep your feet out from underneath you. This... is a declaration of war."

Honestly, that sounded cool and you had to give Hitoshi credit, especially as he met Katsuki's glare with an unwavering glare of his own. Everybody else, however, seemed perturbed. After all, Katsuki had basically made enemies of all of the other classes, and you spoke up, pursing your lips. As much as Hitoshi was your friend... "Chill out, everybody. We made it into the hero course for a reason, but if we want to stay here, that means we have to give it our all!"

You gave your friends a thumbs up, and Izuku nodded, still clearly unsure as somebody else pushed their way to the center of the crowd.

"Hey, hey! I'm from Class 1-B next door!" Popping up, a guy with silver hair nearly startled you. "I heard you fought against villains so I came to hear 'bout it! Don't get so full of yourself!!"

This guy exuded energy, and you had to wonder why there were so many interesting people out to get you all all of a sudden. Was Katsuki really that aggravating to everybody around him, or was Class A just a sore spot for every other class in your year?

The silver guy was still shouting, but it was clear your blond classmate had enough of this as he started to walk away, much to the guy's irritation. He made a move to leave, and Eijirou walked forward. "Wait a minute, Bakugou, what are you going to do about this?! It's your fault everybody's hating on us!"

You nodded in agreement. "Yes, yes, if you hadn't opened your big mouth, things wouldn't be so bad!"

"It doesn't matter," Katsuki said, cutting you off quickly as he glanced back. "It doesn't matter as long as you rise to the top."

Okay, that was pretty damn cool.

As Katsuki left the room, you weren't the only one left thinking that as Eijirou literally teared up at the blond's statement. "That's so simple and manly!"

"The top, huh..? There's truth in that."

It seemed that Katsuki's words had broken the trance your classmates were in as they all started to talk, some clearly inspired by Katsuki's words, and others the exact opposite, fretting over what this would mean for you all. You were a part of the former group, realizing that Katsuki's words held truth. While you didn't aspire to be a hero by any means, and didn't have plans on staying in this world for too long, that didn't mean you should slack off. It especially wouldn't be fair if everybody but you gave their all! In the short time you have known your classmates, you have come to respect them, and for you, doing your best to succeed was how you were going to show that respect.

Grinning to yourself, you fist pumped, catching the people around you off guard as you cheered. "I'm going to give it my absolute all, too!"

The others around you smiled at your enthusiasm, and Momo gave you an appreciative smile. "That's right, we cannot let this deter us. As students of U.A., we must not be daunted, and instead should do our best to get to the top spot during the sports festival." You nodded in agreement with Momo, and this helped loosen the more stressed ones up as everybody started to gather their things and push past the rest of the students.

You had a feeling the next two weeks were going to fly by fast, so you were just going to have to give it your all to prepare!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 18.6K 42
[Completed] [Is currently being edited] (Please Note that you are 14 turning 15 in this story, you're not 12 like everyone thinks) *Sequel is being m...
64K 1.7K 75
NOT A ONESHOT "This fanfiction sucks." - (Y/n) "And I took that personally." - ??? You are transported to the BNHA universe with the help of a strang...
654 83 38
It's not an exaggeration to say that your life has been unpleasant. From being 'scouted' for your deadly quirk at the ripe age of four-and-a-half to...
206K 7.6K 42
๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜Œ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ณ. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๏ฟฝ...