Reason [BNHA x HxH!Reader]

By bloomstruck

Everything happens for a reason - at least, that's what you'd like to believe. While playing Greed Island wit... More

[0] Departure
[1] Just Awake
[2] Solution
[3] Explosive Babies
[4] Auras
[5] Close Calls
[6] Field Trip
[7] Bird Brain
[x.1] Special
[9] Spreading Anxiety
[10] Declaration of War
[11] The Magician's Baile
[12] Go Go Go! U.A's Sport's Festival!
[13] Always Reaching For the Top
[14] Go Seize It!
[1-5] Anthology Chapter
[15] Bright and Cheerful
[16] Chuunibyou
[x.2] Special
[17] Budding Suspicions
[18] Foreigner VS. Sparking Killing Boy!
[6-10] Anthology Chapter
[19] Realized Capacity
[20] Consequences
[21] Underlying Threat
[22] Unwind
[23] The Big Three
[24] Code Names and Internships
[11-15] Anthology Chapter
[25] Scarlet-Eyed Lament
[26] Admonishment
[x.3] Crack Chapter
[27] Playing Detective
[28] Hero Killer
[29] S.O.S
[30] Higher Ground
[31] Two Sides of the Same Coin
[32] Secrets
[33] Specialist
[34] Study Hard!
[35] Back to the Basics
[36] Practicals
[37] Advantages
[38] Friends
[x.4] Crack Chapter Pt. 2
[39] Never a Moment of Rest
[40] Revelations
[41] Bloodlust
[42] Homesickness
[43] Fanfare
[44] Reinforcements
[45] Unease
[46] Touch and Go
[47] Remedial Hell
[48] Hysteria
[x.5] Crack Chapter Pt. 3
[x.6] Crack - Denki's Misfortune
[49] Intruders
[50] Budding Chaos
[51] York New City
[52] Tourists
[53] An Informant's Infamy
[54] [Y/n]: Origin
[55] Hero Support
[56] A Little Help
[57] Reality Shift
[58] Reason
[59] Diminuendo
[60] Departure
[16-20] Anthology
[21-25] Anthology
[26-30] Anthology
END 1: Midoriya Izuku
END 2: Bakugou Katsuki
END 3: Todoroki Shouto
END 4: Iida Tenya
END 5: Ashido Mina
END 6: Kirishima Eijirou
END 7: Kaminari Denki
END 8: Sero Hanta
END 9: Uraraka Ochaco
END 10: Yaoyorozu Momo
END 11: Shinsou Hitoshi
END 12: Toga Himiko
END 13: Kurapika
END 14: Leorio Paladiknight
BNHA ENDING
SECRET ENDING
HXH TRUE END
[alternate realities]
[Q&A AND END NOTE]
5K Special: What If?

[8] Rampaging Evil

11K 483 171
By bloomstruck

"Nen?!"

You were in shock. You honestly couldn't help it - it was the last thing you had expected, and you watched as the glow slightly died down. For a moment, you thought that maybe this monster was from your world. How else would it have nen?! It wasn't the same, though, you quickly realized as you jumped back closer to All Might, wanting to put as much distance as you could between yourself and the creature. It was forced upon the creature, and felt artificial in a sense. But, then, how did it get nen? You couldn't sense any other nen users in the USJ, but there had to have been a nen user involved for the creature to be like this, meaning your earlier theory was right. Somebody from your world was here.

"So it's you... You're the one from the other world."

Your attention snapped over to the guy with the hands, eyes impossibly wide. He had stopped halfway through his launched attack on your friends to regard you with beady red eyes, eyes that seemed to pierce right through you. But more importantly...

He knew?!

"'Other world'?" Eijirou asked, repeating the hand guy's words as different sets of eyes focused on you. You had no time to explain. Hell, if you did, you weren't sure you could, as your brain was already overheating from the shock that this guy knew who - and what - you were. This did not bode well.

Your chest was tight, and you forced yourself to breathe evenly, to stay calm. The League of Villains, they called themselves. It was somewhat reminiscent to the Phantom Troupe in the sense they were a group of morally questionable people. In that comparison, with the hand guy seeming to be the leader, was he akin to Chrollo in strength? If he was, you doubted you could take him. There was no way you could take him if he was as powerful as Chrollo. Already, you had severely underestimated the strength of this monster, recognizing that you had been too cocky.

"Young Freecss, get back!"

You didn't hesitate to listen, launching backwards, and you were thankful the creature didn't follow you. Your widened eyes, instead, trailed over to the hand man, still trying to process his words. "How... did you know...?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he sighed, picking at the back of his neck with a ferocity that made you inwardly cringe. "Change of plans. Nomu. You get All Might. Kurogiri. . . capture that girl."

Upon the new orders, the monster (Nomu?) had launched forwards towards All Might, and the pro hero had no choice but to rebuttal his attacks and stand his ground. Upon the impact, gusts of wind blew everywhere, and you flipped backwards, gritting your teeth at the sheer intensity.

You had definitely underestimated All Might's ability. For him to be able to withstand that Nomu like this was a bit impressive, but... you had bigger problems to deal with.

Having not been the only one knocked back, you noticed that everybody nearby was struggling to stay on the ground, and you whipped your head around, just in time to see a hand come towards you. Within a split second you bent backwards, avoiding the blow narrowly as your hands connected the ground and you swung your legs up, kicking your assailant in the chest. Standing back on both feet, you glared at the hand guy, the one whom had attempted to attack you. You'd have to be careful. You had no idea what his ability was, and the fact he was most likely sided with somebody from your world... It daunted you.

"He said you were strong, but young. How scary it must be, being in another world. Don't you want to know how to get back?"

He was taunting you, and you clenched your fists. "Shut up!" Lurching forward, you attempted to land another kick, but the hand man sidestepped it with ease, grabbing onto your arm. Immediately you tried to shake him off, but he held on with bruising strength, fingers wrapped tightly around your wrist. Any stronger and you were afraid it might break.

"Let go!" With your free hand, you attempted to swing it forward, but he caught that too.

"Interesting... Like him, you don't disintegrate... I wonder why."

With raw force you pushed forward, managing to push him off as you took a couple strides backwards, panting slightly. What did he mean by disintegrate? Was that his quirk? If it was, you could only hope that your nen had protected you from that one or that some weird fluke happened, because no way did you want to experience the feeling of being turned into ash.

Bringing your fists back up, you tensed but didn't make the first move. Likewise, the hand man stayed still, and in the background you could hear shouting as all eyes were on Nomu and All Might's big battle, your hair whipping behind you violently. This guy was deceptively strong, and you debated on your next course of action. You doubted he would listen to reason and give up, so trying to come to a compromise was a no-go, but you were also running out of stamina and you didn't want to have to push yourself too hard.

He took a step forward, and your eyes trained behind him, realizing there was a person missing.

"Shit!"

Just in time, you side stepped out of the way, the warp gate that hand man called "Kurogiri" materializing behind you. If you had been a moment later, who knows where you would have ended up. Keeping up with hand man was one thing, but Kurogiri, too? It would be difficult, but... and call you crazy, but you were excited for the challenge.

An uneven grin made its way onto your face. "So that's how it is, huh?"

You were careful to avoid the radius of All Might and Nomu, running towards the hand-man. Fighting Kurogiri was too risky, and you knew that. One misstep and you'd be sent spiraling through another one of his portals, and you didn't want to know where you'd end up this time. Exchanging blows, you and the hand man weren't as fast nor as impressive as the pro hero that was currently throwing punches at a breakneck speed, but still fast enough where even the tiniest mistake would be enough to change the tides.

Infuriatingly enough, your opponent didn't look tired at all. If anything, he looked bored.

Wincing at a particularly strong blow that connected with your shoulder, you stood your ground, afraid that if you stumbled at all, you'd be stumbling right into Kurogiri's quirk. Then it'd be game over. "How do you know about me? Who's on your side?"

The hand man laughed, amused at your line of questioning. "You think you're the only one here? If you come with us, we can tell you everything you need to know. You're on the wrong side, you know!"

"As if!"

Agitated that you weren't getting any answers, you knocked him back with a kick that send him skidding. It wasn't very powerful, and he was still on his feet, but it put some distance between the two of you. Just in time, as a loud shattering noise stole your attention, and you looked back to see All Might standing there, Nomu nowhere in sight.

Wait...

Glancing up slowly, you saw the hole in the roof, your eyebrows shooting up. All Might patted his chest, before turning his gaze to the three of you - specifically, Kurogiri and the hand guy. "Now, villains... it's your turn!"

You had to get out of the way. You did not want to be standing in between All Might and hand man like this. Without any more hesitation you had jumped back, away from them all as your eyes trained on the hand man.

"A hack... you cheated!"

"That's rich, coming from some asshole who somehow infused nen into that creature! You're the cheat!" You accused, pointing a finger out at him and not caring about the few of your classmates who were still within hearing range. You were too worked up, too frustrated to care about any consequences at this point. "This place... Nen shouldn't be a part of it, and yet you found a way around it anyways! You're the cheater here!"

Meanwhile, in your rage, the four teens whom had all been solely focused on All Might's fight, were left puzzled at your words. Worlds... Nen... None of it made sense to them. Who exactly were you, besides some latecomer, foreign-exchange student?

The hand-man only picked at his neck even more. "Kurogiri... deal with her."

"Young Freecss, get away from them!"

You didn't need to be told twice, backing up before Kurogiri could try to do anything. If it came to a fight, would you be able to handle him? Katsuki had managed to land a hit, meaning somewhere, Kurogiri had a solid body, but you debated if you'd be able to avoid being caught or not. You were aware that one wrong move could mean your capture. Why did they even want to capture you? Because of your nen? Because of the mysterious user behind the League?

You weren't sure, but didn't have time to think or ask as gunshots rang out throughout the area. You flinched instinctively, ko flaring out around you, but the projectiles weren't aimed at you. Four shots had hit the hand man, one in each limb, and Kurogiri had quickly wrapped around him before both men disappeared. The last thing you saw of him were his red eyes, seething with rage.

Then they were gone.

Exhaustion rolled over you, and you fell to your knees, not realizing just how much energy you had exerted until now. Damn it...! I was so close!

Somebody had thrown your arm around their shoulder, and you looked up to see Eijirou, who flashed you a toothy grin. Despite that, you could see the worry as he helped you up, and you tried to return his grin shakily.

"I'm fine, Eijirou... Just tired. I think I expended more energy than I meant to, haha!" Your laugh was airy but obviously lacking your usual energy, and he shrugged it off, slowly walking. You looked back, only to see a wall separating you all from All Might and Izuku. You could ask about it later, but for now, you wanted desperately to get home and sleep.

Jerking yourself away from Eijirou and nearly collapsing, you looked around frantically. "Aizawa! Where is he? Is he okay?!" You were frantic, having forgot about your teacher and guardian, and Eijirou glanced up and over to where two of your classmates stood, his own face crestfallen. A stretcher had been brought out, with Aizawa being set upon it, and you ignored his protests to run up the stairs and over to him. Ignoring the burning in your legs, you used your nen for one last time, jumping up the rest of the stairs.

"Aizawa!"

It was gruesome. They had put a breathing mask over his face as they quickly wheeled him outside, but he looked awful. A large gash was on his face, blood everywhere, but his arm was the most disturbing, the skin having been eaten away completely to where you could see the muscle. You had seen some pretty gruesome stuff (after all, there was some guy on Greed Island going around and blowing up and imploding people...), but you couldn't control the way your breath hitched at the sight of it.

Aizawa...

That man would pay, other nen user be damned! Good or bad, you couldn't care less about those labels, but he had hurt one of the few people who knew your secret and had given you a place to stay.

A hand was placed on your shoulder and your head snapped up to meet the gaze of the girl with a brown bob, one whom you recognized as one of your classmates. "Don't worry, [Y/n]-chan! Him and Thirteen-sensei will be okay! They're pro heroes, after all!" Your nod came hesitantly, and then she quickly spoke up again, becoming flustered. "Oh, sorry! You said to call you [Y/n], so I hope that's okay!! I'm Uraraka Ochaco!" She removed her hands, waving them around, and a small smile tilted your lips upwards at the carefree behavior.

"It's fine, Ochaco," you told her, before nodding again. "And you're right. They'll be fine, I believe in them!"

You were tired, but it didn't prevent the weary cheer from leaving your mouth as you thrust your fist in the air, everybody else around nodding in agreement. A few of your less-traumatized classmates cheered along with you, and you finally looked back over the stadium. With the arrival of pro-heroes, all of the villains were being apprehended, the remaining students that had been scattered being brought back to the entrance in varying degrees of worn-out states. You were glad, at the least, that everybody else sustained minimal injury, save for Izuku's obviously broken arm.

Following the pros and your classmates out, you allowed yourself to dwell a bit as everybody was getting checked out. Today had been, while stressful, enlightening. The knowledge that you weren't the only nen user in this world was a twist you hadn't expected, and you couldn't help but wonder just who was here. The hand guy hadn't exactly been very forthcoming on any of the information you needed. Unfortunately, it was looking like you were going to need to look more into this on your own time, and carefully, too - in a world so strict on its laws and rule-following, it would be hard to get the information about the League of Villains that you needed without breaking any boundaries.

You sighed. More than ever did you miss your world, where you could basically do anything and didn't need either parental permission or worry about whether you were doing anything illegal.

"Oi. Foreigner."

Your response was automatic. "It's [Y/n]," you said blandly, turning around to meet the angry gaze of Katsuki, who had dismissed your name as if it was nothing more than an annoying pest. You were too busy in your own thoughts to really want to pester or tease Katsuki right now, and you had just opened your mouth to tell him to buzz off, but he beat you to it, his words harsh.

"I don't care. What the hell were you and that hand fucker going on about back there? 'World', hah?"

Oh shit. You were so not ready for this conversation, and you noticed the two boys nearby who were trying their best to eavesdrop on the conversation. Of course it'd be Katsuki who'd be direct about it, though. It wasn't even your fault this time, that asshole villain was the one spouting on about you being from another world!

In an attempt to remain neutral and casual, you raised an eyebrow at him, pretending like you were confused. "Uh, did you hit your head? If I knew what that hand guy wanted, I'd be telling the pros, not standing here, wasting my time and talking to you."

"WHAT did you say, you fucking --"

Yeah, no, you weren't going to deal with this right now. Waving him away as dismissive as he acted when you told him your name, you turned away and started to head back to where the rest of your class was. "Aaaand I'm done talking to you. Come find me in about 10 years, when you've learned to chill the fuck out."

Ignoring the glare that was burning into your very soul, you plastered a smile on your face, agreeing to head over to the nurse's office to go get checked out with the other students, leaving Bakugou Katsuki and the other two who were there to witness the exchange wondering as to what exactly was going on. Unbeknownst to you, the cogs in your classmates' heads were turning viciously, already beginning to unravel the secret that kept your existence safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.1K 3.5K 44
This story has been rewritten! _____ After many months of Gon and Killua being separated, a cloaked figure took Gon to a new world. Killua and Alluka...
1.3M 43.3K 137
JOZAWA Conversation Hearts & SIDE STORIES tied to this work are on my page! (Y/n) was born with a water manipulation and creation quirk, destined to...
400K 16.3K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
613K 22.2K 44
❝𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥❞ - - - Student: Y/n L/n N°: 21 Quirk: Spider Two worlds that no one really...