Unrequited Circumstances-Resi...

By ArchangelLady

(Read 'Under Devil's Blood' before reading this.) You are now a married woman, to a man that you couldn't se... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 18

3.1K 120 11
By ArchangelLady

Arias let out a dark and sinister chuckle, holding Leon in his fist like holding a doll.

He lifted the man upwards, squeezing him and enjoying the grunts of pain Leon emitted in the process.

He raised his free hand slowly, bringing it up towards his head as his sharp talons proceeded to extend outwards, thinning outwards until the tips were sharp fine points, like bloody porcupine quills.

"I'm going to spill your guts all over." The tips of his claws brushed menacingly along Leon's jaw, forcing the man to lean his head away from the contact. The sight caused Arias to let out another chuckle, completely unaware of the white dressed woman running towards him.

Leon watched your body jump high into the air, letting out a loud cry as your right hand jammed a brand new, even longer piece of glass that you had scavenged from the ground around you. The sharp, jagged edge embedded into the blinking heart in his chest, forcing Arias to shout into the air.

His arm let go of Leon, dropping him to the ground as the glass shard brought him an immense amount of pain. You hung onto the glass piece with both hands as his back had arched, keeping you off the ground. Quickly reinforcing your hold, you forced the glass piece to twist, hearing another agonizing scream at your actions from the beast. Thick splatters of blood spewed out, staining against your face and arms, but you could've cared less.

An hand grabbed ahold of you, forcing you to let go of the glass as you were brought away from his chest and lifted into the air. In his rage, he didn't care that he had slid a ring on your finger, he could've cared less if you were considered his wife in his eyes. He threw your body hard, forcing Leon to witness your body flying in the air before harshly making contact with the broken hard ground, your body bouncing and rolling to a stop against the large elevator doors.

He shouted your name when he your body limp on the ground after a few seconds, his voice littered with dread as he feared the worst.

The harsh sounds of helicopter blades began to cut through the air, grabbing the attention of Arias as his head turned. The helicopter proceeded to turn around, revealing the sight of a woman laying on the floor aiming at him with a rifle of sorts, sparks glimmering from the end of her gun.

The blast came barely a second later, ripping into his left shoulder with a hot, piercing pain that sent him stumbling backwards. Hot, charred bits of flesh scattered along the ground, accompanied by a series of heavy rumbles and shatters in the far distance as the single fire from a gun so powerful had impacted the neighboring buildings, sending a few crumbling down like sand castles.

Arias immediately looked over towards his wound after regaining himself, experiencing horror once he saw the deep crater that replaced the mutated head of his old friend, leaving behind the charred remnants of a jaw.

"Diego!!" The beast cried out in agony, grief overcoming his body over the death and loss of one of his last friends. The grief turned into even more rage, especially towards the helicopter containing the woman who took his friend away from this world.

He bursted out into a fast run, charging towards the edge of the building toward the helicopter, somehow overcoming the incredible distance it took to get to it. He landed against one of the wings, causing the chopper to lose its balance. It proceeded to spin clockwise in an attempts to get the beast off, causing Arias to hold on with one hand as his grip started slipping.

Leon, who had been watching had gotten up fast from the ground, looking over towards your unmoving body. An idea then came to him, recalling his abandoned motorcycle a certain distance away. As much as he wanted to go to you, had to make sure the danger was gone for good for the sake of both you and Rebecca.

Arias extended his large claws outwards, jamming them into the body of the chopper to hold on and prevent himself from falling. He was completely unaware of the man driving a motorcycle towards the edge, throwing himself off of it just in time as the motorcycle crashed into the glass, flying outwards towards the massive mutated beast of Arias.

Leon aimed his gun fast, taking a moment to watch the motorcycle collide into his chest.

"Catch." He fired, the bullet colliding into the engine tank.

The bike exploded, a massive cloud of flames and dark smoke flooding the air. A body fell from underneath the smoke, heavily charred with a portion of him missing and mutilated from the explosion.
A series of talon sharp claws extended upwards fast, a few of them piercing into the thick metal of the building while the rest jammed into the bottom of the chopper. Arias, despite his steaming, charred body becoming more beaten and broken, managed to let out a chuckle from still surviving, but it was short lived without him realizing.

Chris approached the ledge, his blood stained rifle clutched in both hands, aiming down towards the beast far down below.
"Bye bye asshole." He muttered, aiming towards the noticeable bright light coming from deep in his chest. He pulled the trigger on a part of his rifle that wasn't used before, shooting out a grenade that he rarely used, but now had been the most perfect time to do so.

The grenade proceeded downwards, seeming so small and insignificant to the weary eye. Once it jammed itself into the beating red light, it sent a searing hot pain in Arias' chest, which began to glow brightly and disintegrate, causing him to scream.

His body exploded, the sharp talon claws separated outwards, along with the now burned, severed hands that once belonged to their host. The explosion was just as grand as the motorcycle, if not greater, sending various pieces of what was once the beast cascading down below, causing a blood bath onto the streets.

The clouds of dark smoke and hot flames ascended upwards, forming a strange mushroom cloud for both Chris and Leon to watch in silence, basking in the relief that it symbolized. An enemy that threatened the world was now dead, all by the hands of those who committed their lives to saving it, and cleaning up the mess it left behind.

They both stared at it, at least until the flames diminished slightly, as well as the dark smoke. Leon was the first to break his gaze away, looking over towards your body on the ground.

Chris followed his gaze, seeing you laying on your left side, limp and motionless. He immediately remembered the failsafe you mentioned before Arias attacked, he couldn't help but feel all the more guilty that he was the one who triggered it, which resulted in your death. How was he to explain now to Leon that he was the cause of your death? That he played a major part in it?

"Leon." He called his name, seeing the man start to approach you slowly, dreading the moment he'd have to turn your body around and discover your heartbeat not being there.

That was, until your head stirred slightly, turning upwards a little as you laid on your back slowly, wincing in the pain from your body. This simple movement caused both men to experience a heavy wave of relief wash over their shoulders, both glad you were alive.

Again, the very moment was short lived when you let out a scream, your back arching off the ground as the scarab glowed brightly on your chest. A few sparks bursted out from the contraption, causing Leon great pain in seeing it bring you so much agony.

"Leon-" Chris started speaking, but immediately got cut off by Leon raising a hand.

"I got this. Go help Rebecca, she needs you." He said, making Chris nod.

"Just get that thing off her. Arias set it to kill her when he died."

That bastard. Leon's hand clenched into a fist, realizing what you had meant earlier.

Chris ran off fast, leaving Leon to approach you just as the sparks had stopped, and you were bent over on your knees trembling in pain.

"(Y/N)." He kneeled down next to you fast, seeing your face hidden as your shoulders raised and fell with your heavy breathing.

Leon called your name again, just when your breathing seemed to calm a little. He saw your head turn slightly, your breathing halting immediately.

"I need to get that thing off you," Leon slowly put his hand on your shoulder, your skin really warm to the touch. "Just turn around-"

"Don't touch me."

He stopped, your tone sounding a bit bitter and cold. Where did that come from?

"(Y/N)," His hand went up towards the middle of your back, feeling it stiffen almost immediately.

"I said don't touch me!" You cried out, proceeding to swing at him with a piece of glass you clutched in your right hand. This caused Leon to retract fast, the tip of the glass making a faint scratch against the leather of his jacket.

In his surprise, he caught the look in your eyes and got confused. They were narrowed, and filled with an unknown anger. Your blood and sweat stained face was contorted with pure distrust, like you didn't recognize him. It was like you were seeing him as the enemy, and he didn't understand why.

Must be the goddamn brainwash shit.

"Hey." Leon backed away slowly, standing up with his arms held out to show he wasn't gonna hurt you. You stood slowly, staring at him with your glass still in your hand, not believing him for one second.

"I need to help you (Y/N), you need to let me." Leon spoke, making you irritated at him talking. In response, you stepped forward fast and swung again, having him dodge the blow by stepping back even more.

"I don't need your help." You sneered, growing cautious of the way he started to approach you again. The closer he got, the more he noticed some visible cracks along the smooth surface of the scarab, noticing the damage must've affected you for you to act like this.

Leon quickly came to the realization that he couldn't play nice about this. This thing was gonna kill you real soon, and the more time he wasted trying to convince you otherwise would fall on deaf ears.

"I don't want to hurt you," Leon spoke slowly while preparing himself, "But I don't want you to die either."

You immediately swung at him, seeing him dodge towards the right. His arm grabbed ahold of your left wrist, catching you off guard enough as he kept it bound against your back. With your glass still in hand, you flipped it around fast to stab behind you, which Leon stopped by quickly clasping your other wrist.

You kicked against his knee, causing him to grunt and release your arms. Turning around fast, you swung at him again, seeing him duck completely. His arms clasped around your waist hard, pushing against you in order to lose your footing, sending you back against the ground.

Leon immediately grabbed the glass away from your hand, throwing it aside before being punched at his jaw from your other fist. His hand grabbed your wrist hard, planting it against the ground as you struggled to strike him with your other, seeing him use his free hand to grab ahold of the scarab.

A searing hot pain erupted from your chest, causing you to scream out as he tugged hard, causing a stinging sensation in your irritated wounds. Your free hand struggled to punch against his chest, screaming out more the harder he pulled. You reached out in vain, your fingers attempting to scratch against his face, striking towards his eyes in attempts to get him to stop.

He leaned back out of your reach, avoiding your hand as he pulled harder, wincing at not only the sight of the wires in your chest beginning to gather blood, but also from your screams of torment. The scarab began to visible crack underneath the pressure, showing he was making some form of progress, but also keeping in mind that it could shock you more at any moment.
Your hand moved away from his face, immediately striking him hard against his chest. As you expected, the air had left his chest, getting him off guard enough for you to push him off of you, forcing him onto his back as you hopped over him.

Your hands came clamping down onto his neck, your thumbs pressing harshly against his airway, preventing him from getting the air you had robbed from him. He visibly struggled, his hands grabbing ahold of your wrists hard, but the increasing burn in his chest began to falter his strength, as well as his vision.

All he started to see was you, staring down at him as you squeezed even harder, completely oblivious to the fact that you were killing your husband. His eyes closed tightly, holding onto whatever air he had left as his hand grabbed ahold of the scarab hard.

With an angry groan, he collected whatever strength he had left and yanked as hard as he could, hearing your piercing screams pop his ears.

The harsh shocks of the scarab kissed against his fingers, shooting pain up his arm as the hot metal wires popped out from underneath your skin, accompanied by more thin wires, all coated with a reasonable amount of blood.

Your hands immediately left his throat, forcing him to roughly inhale a breath of air. His hand tossed aside the burning hot device, feeling the weight of you shift as your head fell forward onto his chest, your body slumped over his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 18K 92
Levi made a lot of mistakes in his life, and he regretted nothing... but for one. Iris Reed wasn't a normal girl. She was the daughter of a thief an...
76.1K 3.2K 24
(Read "Shady Promises" before reading this.) After all this time, you finally received the answers you've been waiting for. In exchange, you were t...
11M 713K 83
(Sequel to Two Gangs and a Golden Girl) *** "If you even think about touching me, I will literally rip off your arm," I growl when Xavier prowls clos...
203K 9.7K 50
AU: The Uchiha Massacre did not happen. The streets weren't lined with blood and Sasuke was not the brooding avenger Fate had imagined him to be. It...