Bloodstream

By meimyselfforever

I stopped inches away from her. I could feel the heat radiating off her body. I was too close. She kept her e... More

Prologue
01 Gunshot
02 Hex
03 A Story
04 Red
05 Mistake
06 Green
07 Rest
08 He Left?
09 Distraction
10 A Visitor
11 Coming With You
12 Everything
13 The Real Story
14 Ten Minutes
15 No
16 Dream Walking
17 Curiosity
18 Patience
19 Alpha Boy
20 Incendia
21 Drink From The Vein
22 Baby
23 Insatiable
24 A Bad Idea
25 Leave
26 Dissension
27 I Have To Find Her
28 He Knows Something
29 Two Can Play
30 Good Girl
32 Letter For Her
33 Bath
34 Blood Stained Wall
35 News From...
36 Space?
37 We Got Shit To Do
38 Into The Woods
39 Tied Down
40 Mind Games
41 He Looks Familiar
42 Witch Hunt
43 Till Midnight
44 Blue
45 Its Unheard Of
46 A Hint
47 Let's Go Home
48 I Missed This
49 Our Best Shot
50 Shaky
51 Are The Boys Behaving Themselves?
52 Why Would I Start A War?
53 Is This It?
54 Let's Get This Over With
55 What Had To Be Done
56 Howl In The Woods
57 Do You Wanna Know?
58 I Have A Bad Feeling
59 Fire and Knives
Epilogue

31 Sanctum

155 11 4
By meimyselfforever

Axel

She kissed me like I was the air filling her lungs.

She looked at me like I was the only thing that mattered in that moment.

She took control of me like she owned me. And even though it might have felt like I was the one in control. I wasn't. It was her. She owned every inch of me for a while, and that only made me want to give her more.

My body was still in a state of ecstasy. It was as if I could still feel her all over me. Her scent lingered all over my clothes...the touch of her skin under my fingers had me locked down...her voice calling my name kept ringing in my ears...the sight of her underneath me, melting under my touch coming for me over and over again was etched in my brain and I couldn't get enough of it.

She didn't realise what she did to me today. She didn't realise the kind of power she had over me. I'm glad she didn't. She practically had me under a spell. Making me give her exactly what she wanted...when she wanted. Pushing me over the edge, driving me wild and soothing me all at the same time.

I couldn't not cave in. Not when she was looking at me like she could devour me. Not while she was talking like she was already dazed in pleasure. I had to hear her voice, moaning, cussing out, screaming my name in pleasure. I had to have her wrapped around me. Close. Safe.

Now I had her skipping around as if nothing happened. Casually ravaging through the wine cellar. And all I could think of was how I wanted to throw her onto the bed and take her again.

"Do you want wine or bourbon?" I heard her voice calling out from downstairs. I was in the bedroom trying to shake the dirty thoughts out of my head.

"Anything" I leaned back against the window frame looking out at the green abyss ahead of me.

She walked up with a bottle of wine and two glasses.

"You really need to put on a jacket Sage" I couldn't take my eyes off the damn transparent top of hers.

I'm glad I didn't tell Ethan and Ezra where I was coming.

She furrowed her brows at me for a second as she put the bottle down. Her eyes widened with mischief when she realised what I meant.

"Not my fault you didn't rip it off" she shrugged and began pouring the wine into the glasses.

I should have. But neither of us even had the patience to even undress ourselves before giving into our hunger.

She held up the glass infront of me. And I took it. She sat down on the chair beside me and began pouring her glass out.

"You still haven't answered me Axel" she kept her eyes on the glass.

She looked so mystique, sitting there so poised with her glass of wine in her hand, dark hair falling over her shoulders, licking her lips as she poured her glass out.

"How exactly did you figure it out?" She leaned back, looking at me.

"Your little pet gave it up" I took a sip from my glass.

I could feel her gaze on me. I couldn't look at her. My body was still hot from what we did a while back.

"Nathaniel? He wouldn't" she shrugged it off as it was the most obvious thing.

"Not exactly. He was the only one not scared when you disappeared. He was barely affected. Donovan kind of fi.."

"Donovan's reached" she muttered.

"Yes" i glanced at her, her eyes were already fixed on me intently.

"He suspected something. Ezra and I were too freaked out, trying find you" i looked back out.

She didn't say anything. She wanted to know more. So I spoke.

"I tried to get Nathaniel to talk, but he wouldn't"

"Tried?" she shot back immediately raising an eyebrow at me.

I couldn't tell her I shoved my hand through his ribs, now could I?

"That's not the point" I gave her an innocent smile. "I called Arabella, hoping she could link herself to you again or something. But the way she answered me...I knew something was wrong"

"Genius" she hissed under her breath and took a sip from her glass.

"Long story short I managed to talk her into it. Now I'm here" i leaned back taking in how she glared at me, narrowing her eyes.

"This is a nice place you got here" i smirked and looked around, taking in the hardwood and glass and classy decor all around me.

"Its Natty's" she shook her head and continued drinking "he had it cloaked from eyesight since he bought it. But since I didn't want anyone finding me I got Arabella to lock it down so no one could trace it"

Something sank in my chest. It was as if she just drove a stake through my heart. She could have just stayed in the cloaked house. She didn't need Arabella to lock it down completely. Was she really trying to hide away from me that bad?

"What if I didn't find you tonight?" the words left my mouth before I could process them.

This was a question that had been on my chest for a while and i couldn't hold it in anymore I suppose.

I kept my eyes on her, waiting for a reaction...some sort of emotion. She just took a breath, maintaining that calm demeanor of hers while her eyes held a kind of emotionless gaze.

"Then you would have gone home and I would have gone back eventually" her stoic expression was nothing but a stake to my heart.

I tried to wrap my head around what she had just said to me. But the words didn't sit right.

"Don't look at me like that Axel. What did you want me to say?" her sharp voice snapped me out of thoughts.

"Nothing" I looked away trying to focus on my thoughts. It was getting harder to do that when she was around.

I closed my eyes for a second, trying not to think about her wanting to get away from me when I heard something move. I heard her footsteps walking closer.

"Axel?" that soft voice broke the silence.

"Hmm" I kept my eyes closed, listening to the sweet symphony of her heartbeat.

"Would you have left?" she muttered out low, I could hear the hesitation in her voice.

I immediately whipped my head in her direction. She was standing beside me. Her eyes were filled with curiosity. Yet demanding an answer to a question I never should have put her in a position to ask.

I couldn't lie to her. I was going to leave, but not like this. Not till I knew she was safe.

I reached my hand up and moved a few strands of hair away from her face, trailing my knuckles across that silky skin of hers, taking in every single feature on her face for the hundredth time.

Maybe I just wanted a reason to touch her.

"Not without saying bye" I gave her a small assuring smile.

She didn't respond. She just looked at me, unsure and nodded. Something flashed behind those greens. Something so familiar but it was something I couldn't quite read.

She let out a deep breath and looked to the side. I kept running my hands through her hair, twirling little strands around my fingers not wanting to keep my hands off her. She didn't seem to mind it either.

I guess at this point we were too used to having our hands all over eachother.

"Does Ezra know where I am?" she turned to glance at the scenery outside. The dusk lighting coming in from the window illuminated that splendid profile of hers.

"He knows I found you. He doesn't know where. I told him I'll give him a call once get you"

She looked to the side and let out a breath.

"I'm gonna go give him a call" she turned to leave when my hand instinctively reached out and caught hers, pulling her down closer.

There was something on her mind... something bothering her and I didn't want her to be weighed down by it. Especially if its something I did.

"Hey. Talk to me" i inched closer to her, sitting down on the window, pulling her down on my lap.

"I don't know" she looked as if she was in a daze.

"Are you still mad about that argument?"

Her eyes widened the second the words left my mouth. Her brows dipped into a frown as if she was playing it back in her mind.

"Sage" I tried to get her to say something.

"Its not about that Axel" she ran her hand through her hair.

"Then what is it?"

She took a deep breath and looked away for a second before straightening herself up, regaining her calm posture.

"When you spoke to Arabella earlier....did she mention anything to you?" she looked back at me.

"No. Why?"

"She said she might have something for us" she looked to the side, trying to figure stuff out.

"That's a good thing" I nodded.

"Maybe. But I have a feeling....something's going to happen" she shook her head. I could see the worry behind her eyes...the concern in her voice all but gave her away. 

"Do you want to go back home?" i whispered, stroking her hair.

"No" her eyes shot to mine with a little smile cracking through. "I like it here" her eyes lit up all of a sudden.

"Its a nice hideout" she looked around the house, proud of this little sanctum of hers.

"I like it" I looked around, agreeing.

It was a pretty nice place. Hardwood floors, glass windows dominating almost an entire wall, minimalistic furniture, off white walls keeping everything classy and elegant.

"But we can't stay here forever Sage" I ran my fingers through her hair.

"I might have to disappear for a while after this is over" she fixed her eyes on the bed infront of us.

"Where?"

"If I tell you then it defeats the whole purpose of disappearing Axel" she leaned against me and looked at me with a smile playing on her lips.

"I'll find you" i leaned back too, inches away from her face.

"No you won't" she tried giving me a serious look, but the spark in her eyes gave it away.

"I found you today" I whispered.

The smile faded away from her lips. She looked at me with an intense gaze, as if she was lost in thought.

"That's because I wanted to get away not disappear" she looked away from me allowing a few strands of hair to fall to the side of her face.

"We can't stay here for too long" I whispered.

She was looking out of the window at the darkness fading away and when her eyes locked back on mine she looked at me with nothing but light, even though they looked weary, they were able to make me feel warm.

She stood up and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the bed.

"What are you doing?" I allowed her to lead the way.

"Shhh" she turned back to glance at me with while lazily pulling me along.

"We can stay a little longer" she sat down at the edge of the bed.

I gave her a smirk, eyeing her from head to toe.

"Don't give me that look" she shook her head and pushed herself back on the bed, making herself comfortable against the headboard.

I let out a small laugh.

"Then why'd you bring me up to the bedroom?" I knelt down over the bed, leaning close to her.

"Beds aren't only meant for banging Axel" she gave me a meaningful look.

I let out another chuckle.

"Did you just use the term bang?" I narrowed my eyes at her, shaking my head.

She let out a smile.

"You'd rather I use the term shagging?" she tilted her head with an innocent look.

"Ok now that's getting worse. Stop" I pulled the covers down and slid underneath them, so did she.

"Let's not talk about it, unless we're actually doing it" i raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes, shoving my shoulder a little.

The next thing she did took me by surprise when she swung her leg over my waist and got into my lap, straddling me.

"Well well" I smirked up at her.

She furrowed her brows in annoyance. Fake annoyance.

"Get your hands off my ass" she gave me a glare. I didn't realise my hands were actually grabbing her butt.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, but I moved my hands down to her thighs.

"You just got on top of me to admire me?"

"No. I wanna talk to you" she moved a little closer.

Oh she shouldn't have done that.

"Sage" i grabbed her hips and pushed them back a little so she wasn't resting on my waist.

She knew I had filthy thoughts going through my mind. She didn't need to feel it.

"What?" she gave me a surprised look.

"What do you want to talk about?" I reached my hand up to fingers through her hair.

"I don't know.... Anything." she gave me the brightest smile ever, making my heart melt. I couldn't help but smile back.

We spoke for hours. Talking about the most random things. Teasing eachother like kids. Stealing a kiss or two now and again.

I had to make her get off my lap eventually, I couldn't have her sitting on my legs and keep my mind out of the gutter at the same time.

Anyone seeing us sitting here would never have thought we were the same two people who were fückiñg like animals not even an hour back.

But there was this comfort in the room. There was an ease when we spoke. We were starting to read eachother. Understand eachother. And this is starting to scare me.

************

Scare you? Excuse me!

Don't forget to vote and comment guys. Don't be a silent reader. It would mean alot to me.

I love you guys anyway, so add this book to your library for update notifications.

I'll see you soon *virtual hugs*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
1.3K 75 13
(Completed Book One 🖤) They're sinful. Beautiful. Deadly. And more dangerous than the wolves who hunt us in the woods. Three Vampires rule our wo...
2.9M 95.1K 69
| MATURE CONTENT | "You are fuckíng mine. Do you understand that?" That harsh growl echoed in my head.. His words scarring my mind. I could feel the...