Code Geass: The Ability of Ch...

By LVonarch

It started in August 2017 in Area Eleven, formally known as Japan. Specifically, in Ashford Academy, a privat... More

Chapter 1: Pain Pain Go Away
Chapter 2: Old Friends And New Friends
Chapter 3: A Promise For The Future
Chapter 4: Enter, Black Knights
Chapter 5: Refrain
Chapter 6: Death At Narita
Chapter 7: Deviation By Gunpoint
Chapter 8: Partly Fulfilled
Chapter 9: A Shell of A World
Chapter 10: Where The Ripples Start
Chapter 11: Dealing With The Demon & Witch
Chapter 12: The First Two Pieces
Chapter 13: Three Kings Gambit
Chapter 15: Refrain From The Truth
Chapter 16: Break Through!
Chapter 17: Unveiling
Chapter 18: The Forgotten Name
Chapter 19: Night
Chapter 20: Where Everything Came To Light
Chapter 21: Callin' Promise Keeper
Chapter 22: Black Knights of The Exile
Chapter 23: What Is Evil?
Chapter 24: Love Loyalty
Chapter 25: Attack On The Geass Order! A Sudden Unexpected Turn?!
Chapter 26: The Final Words of The Man Named Zero
Chapter 27: A Request For God And The Power Promises Hold
Chapter 28: Geass Dreams of Damocles
Chapter 29: Fate's End
Epilogue: Tomorrow

Chapter 14: A Broadcasted Move

993 41 3
By LVonarch

With the Black Knights at my disposal, it was time to slowly make our move. We targeted a select group of Refrain dealers and allowed rumors to spread our name through the ghettos before it eventually reached the settlement. However, we did not announce ourselves yet, which was a point Ohgi brought up when he came to speak with me. The others were wondering why we hadn't taken credit for the attacks on the drug dealers. I had told him that we needed to make a grand appearance if we wanted to stick into the minds of people.

To make sure they would keep from saying too much to others outside our order, I told Ohgi to assure the others that my information has led me to believe the perfect opportunity was going to present itself soon. He agreed to tell the others and get them to wait until then. D.D. and C.C. would be needed again, this time the plan would be simpler and require only some deception. When the day came, I watched the live news report of the hostage situation at Lake Kawaguchi. Kallen, who I had admittingly been avoiding, was there with the others and saw the hostages that were taken. Including the members of the Student Council, Milly, Nina, and Shirley.

My eyes focused on trying to see a person further in the back of the group, Princess Euphemia, who I couldn't see due to the people in the way. I stood from the couch and asked D.D. if everything was in place, when she nodded I told the others that today we were going to have the world learn of us. All we had to do was save the hostages. There was a shocked reaction to the declaration, as that meant we would be going against the Japan Liberation Front. When Tamaki voiced that and asked why we would help Britannians I harkened back to what I said to Ohgi.

Zero: "Innocent people are not defined by being either Japanese or Britannian. The JLF has committed an act of terrorism, not one of war and certainly not one of justice."

Kallen: "Justice?"

Zero: "Yes, for that is our cause. Innocent people will never rally behind a group of terrorists. But knights of justice, well, that's something both the Japanese and Britannians can stand behind." I stared at Tamaki. "That is if you're willing to stand up for the innocent Britannians as you would the Japanese."

Ohgi: "I think he's right. If they were soldiers I could understand, but they aren't, there are students there that have nothing to do with the fight between us and the Britannians."

Tamaki: "Alright, say we agree to save them, how the hell are we going to do that? It's not like we can drive up to the front of the hotel, all the bridges are closed to it."

Minami: "He's right, the only way to it is the main bridge and the military is there."

D.D.: "Didn't you hear what he asked me?"

Tamaki: "What, the Princess has a plan prepared?" D.D. smiled at him with a death glare.

Zero: "You already stated the plan. We use the main bridge." Everyone was shocked silent from the implication that we'd get past the military.

Kallen: "We only have one Knightmare, how are we supposed to break through the military and get there?"

Ohgi: "I think we'd understand better if you could elaborate clearly."

Zero: "Then listen closely."

Later on in the day when night came, after I explained the plan, we moved to Lake Kawaguchi where D.D. borrowed one of the news vans. The others were nervous and C.C. wasn't pleased with her part. When we get to the hotel, she was to meet Kusakabe, the leader of the group holding the hostages, as a decoy while I rescued the civilians with Ohgi. The rest would plant explosives at key locations, as they originally had. But first, we had to get past Cornelia and she would not be happy to see me. The floodlights hit me as I stood atop the van as we slowly approached the main bridge, when we got close Cornelia and her guard moved in to block us, forcing the van to stop and be surrounded by Knightmares.

Cornelia: "Well well, we meet again Zero." She stated as she opened the hatch to her Knightmare and stood. "Are you here to help the Japan Liberation Front, or perhaps you plan to help the innocent people you loved preaching about? Regardless, our concerns take priority over yours at the moment, so for your actions in Saitama I will execute you right here." She took out her sidearm and aimed at me.

Zero: "Cornelia, if you let me, I promise you that I will save the hostages, including your sister Euphy." Her hesitation to shoot told me that Euphy was in there, good, everything should go as planned.

Cornelia: "What do you mean? I have no idea what you're talking about."

Zero: "I mean you're right, I came here to help rescue the innocent people. As someone who has seen my abilities, you know it is within my power." Cornelia, visibly angered, lowered her gun.

Cornelia: "All forces... let Zero through." She moved her Knightmare aside, as the van went by I said one more thing.

Zero: "I keep my promises, Cornelia."

Finally approaching the front gate of the hotel, the JLF soldier's started to open it and allowed us through. C.C., who hadn't put on the disguise yet, waited until Ohgi and the two of us were in the elevator. Putting on the cape and mask I kept hidden under the back of my cape. Once at the top floor, she left the elevator while Ohgi and I rode down to the floor with the hostages. I sent a message to Kallen for them to move and plant the explosives. After I did, Ohgi struck up a conversation with a troublesome question.

Ohgi: "Zero, there's something I wanted to ask you, how did you know Cornelia's sister was here?"

Zero: "My information comes from many sources, I am fortunate to have one in both the JLF and the central office in the Tokyo settlement."

Ohgi: "That's how you knew about Saitama."

Zero: "The Britannian's reason for leaking information is... personal. As for the one in the JLF, he heard about what Kusakabe was planning and informed me. He didn't believe the other's in the JLF would stop him." The elevator dinged, I took out my pistol which was modified like Ohgi's to be quieter. "I believe this is our floor."

Ohgi: "Got it." Making our way to the hostages and carefully taking out any members of the JLF we encountered before they could notice us, we approached the food storage closet and heard yelling. "Zero."

Zero: "There's only two, shoot the one on the left."

As soon as I threw the door open, the guards had their backs turned as Euphy had just finished standing up and announcing herself in the defense of Nina. The two soldiers didn't have time to react fast enough before Ohgi shot one of them and I took out the other. They both went down to the shock and horror of the civilians there.

Zero: "I should thank you Euphy, it would have been difficult to catch them off guard if they weren't distracted by you." She appeared thrown off but recomposed herself.

Milly: "You're... Zero." I looked at her and the other two members of the Student Council.

Zero: "That is correct and it is your lucky day."

Euphy: "Are we to believe you're here to rescue us?"

Zero: "Yes, after all, it was Cornelia who let us through."

I received a message from Kallen, C.C. had prolonged the dialogue with Kusakabe long enough for D.D. and the others to regroup with her. Everything was set for us to go. Though scared, the hostages did what Ohgi and I said and moved out. All that was left was the boom. It was exhilarating in a way to rescue hostages, cause an explosion, and now I was about to give a speech on the boat D.D. had prepared. Once the smoke cleared over the water, we sailed out to in the open waters of the lake. Now was the time to broadcast our message.

Zero: "My dear Britannians, have no fear. All of the hostages are safe and sound. I, Zero, as promised, returned them to you unharmed." The spotlights turned on. "We are the Black Knights, and we stand for justice and fight for the innocent. Regardless of whether they are Japanese or Britannian. As such, we could not sit idle as the Japan Liberation Front did injustice and not only held innocent people hostage, but mercilessly executed them. As punishment, Kusakabe is dead. After all, the only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed! That is why, you should fear us, or rally behind us as you see fit. For we, the Black Knights, shall be the ones who stand in judgment of this world!"

D.D.: "That went well." She said as we returned to my room after we got back to the hideout.

Zero: "I never want to give another speech." I stated as I planted my rear on the couch. "I really didn't like using parts from Lelouch's."

D.D.: "It was fine, the important part is that the name Black Knights just got a lot of positive PR." She said as she took a seat next to me. "You don't look happy though."

Zero: "It's C.C., she's working with us but she's acting more hostile than she should be."

D.D.: "We did kind of kill Mao without telling her, but you're right. Maybe it's one of those hidden variables."

Zero: "The question is, what's the variable?" I asked as the door opened, revealing C.C. still in my outfit, carrying a freshly cooked pizza. "I suppose we should just rip the bandage off and get it over with." I stood up, as she placed the pizza on the desk and removed her mask.

C.C.: "What is it?" I removed my mask and placed it down.

(F/N): "Is your attitude about Mao, or is it something else?" Her eyes narrowed on me.

C.C.: "You want to know?" She got closer.

(F/N): "I asked."

C.C.: "You said you owed me, correct? That you owe the me that saved you. Tell me, is having me run around doing everything you say, then killing someone I know, behind my back, part of owing me?"

(F/N): "Mao was obsessed with you. He would cut off your legs if it meant keeping you with him."

C.C.: "Let me guess, you know that because you saw it with your Geass. What a convenient excuse to justify your own actions and making decisions for others."

(F/N): "That's what this is about? My Geass?"

C.C.: "The more I think about it, the more I question your motives and the more I see, the harder it is to tell what your motives are." I offered her my sidearm. "What?"

(F/N): "If you truly don't trust my motives after everything so far, then shoot me, and have Lelouch take my place."

D.D.: "Wait-" I raised my free hand to signal her to stop.

C.C.: "You know what I'll choose to do if I take your gun."

(F/N): "No I don't actually. We've never had to do this before. Sometimes we'd argue, but you've only shot me once when I killed Lelouch. Now, in this true reality, I'm giving you the chance to kill me for real." C.C.'s eyes didn't break from my own for a solid minute before she smiled.

C.C.: "There's no need for that." D.D. marched over and slapped her.

D.D.: "Don't ever make him go that far again." Then she faced me and slapped harder with tears in her eyes. "And don't ever do that again. No one..." She sniffed. "No one is killing you..." She added quietly.

C.C.: "I'm sorry for the way I was acting." She said in her normal tone, holding the cheek D.D. slapped. "But I wanted to see it with my own eyes."

(F/N): "See what?" I asked as I took D.D. in my arms.

C.C.: "You. After all, it is hard to tell what you're saying from your heart, or from a prepared script. I'm sure the other versions of me thought the same but didn't bring it up."

(F/N): "All of that could have been solved by having some trust in me. Like I did with you when it came to Saitama and tonight at the hotel."

C.C.: "Perhaps, but instead you offered me your gun and gave me choices. Choice is an important thing in life, without it, what is the point in trying to change things on your own? Then there's trust, which is a fragile thing and is difficult to give to a guy who knows everything about you, but you know nothing about him."

(F/N): "I'm going to ask that next time, just talk. Because you're right, I know everything about you. Everything you've gone through. Don't you think that's a good reason to talk?" C.C. sat down in the chair and grabbed a slice of the pizza, D.D. finished crying on me and removed herself from me.

C.C.: "Then... maybe you should stop talking about what the future is, and talk about who you are. That way... I get to know you for myself."

(F/N): "That's all you had to say."

I took a slice of C.C.'s pizza and offered it to D.D., who took it as we all sat down to talk. While the Black Knights were having drinks downstairs in celebration of a job well done, I told C.C. about myself and my feelings on everything that had happened. She was surprised to hear me admit to wanting to misuse my Geass at one point to win over Kallen and even more surprised when I told her about my feelings for Euphy and her. The things she wanted to know were more personal, like the things I enjoy and dislike. My beliefs and ideas. Not some great plan and the motives behind it. But a man and who he is, who I am.

Finishing the pizza, C.C. stood up only to walk over to the couch and sit next to me. She leaned back and asked me if I could truly give her a reason to live. I leaned back myself and looked to the ceiling, telling her that I could give her a reason, but it was her choice whether or not she accepted it. I had no plans to force her or anyone to do as I said without question or thoughts of their own. For that is a form of justice, allowing people to have a choice.

C.C. had a laugh at how much I've used the words justice and innocent. Patting her and D.D. on the head, I said that I use those words so much because I want to remember the reason I fight. For the innocent lives that needlessly died, and for the lack of true justice for those that sacrificed everything. From Lelouch to Cornelia. From Kallen to Tohdoh. They all lost something dear to them, yet what did they get in return? Perhaps it was a more peaceful world in the end, but I say the price was too high. There was a knock at the door.

Kallen: "Zero, do you have a minute?" I got up to get my mask and put it on.

Zero: "Enter." The door opened, in walked Kallen. "What is it?"

Kallen: "I wanted to thank you." She appeared a bit reserved.

Zero: "Is it about those students?"

Kallen: "Uh, yes, how did you know?"

Zero: "I make it my business to know who I work with. Ironic, don't you think?"

Kallen: "You do hide behind a mask, but... still, thank you."

Zero: "You did well yourself, keep up the good work. If that's all then I suggest enjoying the celebrations while you can. The real work begins now."

Kallen: "Understood." She left with a smile.

D.D.: "It's a shame that happy face won't last long."

C.C.: "Is it about her mother?"

D.D.: "Yeah." I removed the mask.

(F/N): "There's no helping it. It's a painful moment for her, but it'll help her grow." My phone rang. "What is it now-" The caller was Euphy, I took a deep breath and answered. "Hello?"

Euphy: "(F/N), it's Euphy."

(F/N): "Ah, it's good to hear from you but why are you calling so late? Is something wrong?"

Euphy: "Did you hear on the news about the hotel incident, the Black Knights?"

(F/N): "Yeah, it was on every monitor in the settlement."

Euphy: "Where exactly?"

(F/N): "Come again?"

Euphy: "Where exactly were you when you heard it?" That question, she never asked me that question before.

(F/N): "I was..." I tried to think of something when C.C. grabbed the phone. "Hey!"

C.C.: "Is something wrong?" She held her hand out, signaling me to stop. "I'm a friend of his... yes, he's been staying with me... I don't see how that's any of your business... I'm Japanese, why should I care that you're a princess? If that's all, I'm hanging up... Oh? Fine." She handed me back the phone.

(F/N): "Euphy? Sorry about that, my friend can be a pain sometimes."

Euphy: "No, it's fine... I'm sorry to bother you so late at night. Can we talk in person, tomorrow if possible?"

(F/N): "Sure, I see no problem with that. How about the park where we found that cat?"

Euphy: "That sounds perfect, I'll see you then."

(F/N): "See you then." I hung up and felt my chest. "You scared me there for a moment, thanks."

C.C.: "She asked me where you were tonight, I take it that wasn't supposed to happen?"

D.D.: "No, it wasn't." I scratched my head.

(F/N): "I'll have to tweak the story I originally planned on telling her when she was supposed to ask why I ran away from home." I placed a hand on C.C.'s shoulder. "Thanks for buying me time."

A little of C.C.'s neutral expression hinted that she was happy to help. That or she enjoyed seeing me freeze up when Euphy asked me where I was. I should still show some appreciation if she is going to save my skin like that. Hell, she called me her friend, even if it was a lie to Euphy, it was nice to hear. That night I slept with a heavy mind on tomorrow, I had the morning and the walk to the park to work out my story. To say this took an unexpected turn would be an understatement. This was going differently than how it was supposed to be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 8.4K 94
Of love I will scream, echoing eternally. No one knows you more than I. Like two planets we collide But at last we found a light to guide us Never wa...
17.9K 489 21
You like Zero, Lelouch likes you. Lelouch is Zero, and you are none the wiser. You've finally become a member of the black knights at age 18, your li...
16.3K 431 32
Sakura Kururugi has had so much taken away from her: family status, best friends, immortal mentor, heritage. Once Japanese, now branded by a mere num...
18.8K 662 31
Dear Readers,this is the second intallation Requiem For a Dream! Please enjoy! One year has passed since the Black Rebellion. With the dissapearence...