Repulsion

By UniqueNImperfect

If unlikes attract, then likes should repel too. Or is REPULSION just an illusion. An illusion so real, tha... More

0
1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
EPILOGUE-1
AFFECTION-BOOK 2
EPILOGUE-2
Heartfelt thanks!

68.

4K 264 155
By UniqueNImperfect

To not disturb her sleep, I went downstairs to see the dickhead is back, and he's already causing a havoc in this otherwise peaceful mansion.

Ofcourse he wants a dramatic entry.

As his eyes fell on me, I couldn't help but feel good. Why? Because I can finally share everything with him, and get his advice.

Venus was yawning, so I asked Henry to keep their luggage in their room, and she can go and have a good night sleep.

"Why are there creases on your forehead Ashton? Not that they are not normally, but something is off!"
I would have smiled if I didn't prefer to be an asshole. They don't call me that for fun.

"We would need a coffee for that... complete dynamic changed.", I regretted the second I uttered the second part because I knew David will now have my head if I don't tell him right now. Like right now!!

His brows creased, and then he looked at me with narrowed eyes, "You didn't mess with Erica!? I swear Eric, if you even talk to her above certain decibels, I will dig your grave."

I did yell at her.

"Or you both had a fight, while I was away!?"

We did. I started preparing us coffee, already enjoying his rants.

"You got her pregnant?", I rolled my eyes at his assumption.

"I know how to have protected sex.", I sassed

He looked at me skeptically, "Then you probably cheated on her!"

I chuckled, "I am not you David! I can keep it in my pants."

"Where is she? I will ask her on my own..", And with that he started leaving the kitchen.

"I met her mother!", I uttered.

I watched him to see his reaction.

"You did what?"

"I met her mother."

"Holy mother fucking shit!!", He yelled so loud that Stephen came rushing in.

"Everything alright sir!?", Stephen asked me.

David whose jaw was on the floor couldn't say anything.

"Stephan it's alright. You know he's a drama queen. Finish with your work and go rest. Other guards will be out on patroling.", He nodded and left.

"Come, I'll explain you everything..."

*

"God damnit man!! And she is not aware of that? Eric do you know how difficult it is going to be for you when Erica finally finds it out?"
He scolded me.

I groaned, "David I don't intend on hiding. But when a simple name can trigger such a reaction from her, I am afraid what seeing her mother again will do."

"Eric! You are not doing this alone. I will be in it too. So when the situation finally comes, we take the fifty fifty blame.", I smiled at his suggestion. David has always been like this. Whenever I messed up, he was there to cover it up for me.

"Don't smile like an idiot.", He scoffed, "Tomorrow try to tell Erica. You can't delay because it is not just about truth, it is about the life of a cancer patient! You never know when she takes her last breath!! You remember what happened to our principal back in California!? He informed us that he still has time, and the next day we were attending his funeral!!"

I nodded, "I think I will try tomorrow. I did plan a date for us. But I wanted to tell her tomorrow that I love her, and not something which I know will drift her away from me!"

I was dreading the outcome. Because positive thinking or not, I knew Erica is not going to take it well. But am I ready to sacrifice her? No. Not at all. Nor I will ever be.

"We will go to the hospital together tomorrow. I will give Venus little clue, so she understands. But you need to focus on Erica!"
I agreed with him.

He chuckled suddenly, "Tell me how was your first meeting with your mother in law!?"

The same context twice a day, had me choking on my coffee. And I was aware the second time is not going to be as subtle as first because my interrogator right now was the biggest swine of Italy.

E R I C A

Waking up second day in a row, without him crushing me, made me pissed. Whenever I wake up early, I have to lie down beside him and wait for him to wake up. That was a certain rule that prick set up, so the first thing in the morning he sees is me.

But was it not applicable on him!?

Thrashing the duvet aside, I got up and did my morning chores. Once ready in the day's clothes, I came down.
But what I saw simply took me by shock.

Eric and David were sleeping on the L shaped sofa, where Eric's leg was resting on David's chest, while David had his both legs dangling off the armrest.

I felt someone tapping on my shoulder, and turned to see Venus smirking, "I have taken a picture and gonna blackmail them. Imagine the headline of the business magazine! 'Two hottest billionaires snoring away on the couch!'"

I laughed and proceeded to hug her, "How was your honeymoon? Sorry, I couldn't stay awake last night. I was pretty exhausted from all the day's.."

"Hmm hmm...I know. Your surprise for Eric is going to be one of its kind. The man will loose his senses seeing you doing that. But tell me when it is scheduled? I am very excited."

I chuckled, "Most probably after three weeks. James said he will convince him to stay here till then. I can't believe I am doing this."

"In love you do a lot of things. I know this very well..!"

*

The two woke up when Venus had enough of their snoring, as I quote her.
David and I caught up, as like always David had a lot to tell. But on the other hand, 'he' decided to stay quiet. Not that I was very excited to talk to him.

I know something was bothering him. I could feel it. But I was scared it was something I don't want to.

He and David had to leave for somewhere, apparently to look after some work in David's office.

I was in our room working on my laptop, when he came out of the washroom in a towel.

"What are you doing?", I was looking for some stuff online.

"That doesn't bother you.", I answered pissed like anything. He will act good when he wants to.

Instead of going and wearing his clothes, he came and sat down beside me.
"Why are you behaving strangely? Did I do something?"

I turn to look at him to see his innocent eyes staring back at me.

"Why I am behaving strangely? You! You are the one strangely behaving!", I had enough of this, "Go and wear your clothes. And then leave wherever you have to go. We will talk, only if you will be interested, when you are free."

"Why? My towel should not bother you. You have seen me without it..!", He said smugly.

And then to me extreme displeasure, he came nearer keeping his hand on my shoulders. His familiar smell engulfing me and making me feel so many things, all at once.

No! No! Guards up! Guards up!!

"We will talk. We will do many things." He whispered huskily in my ear, making me visibly shiver, "But for that you will have to come to this date with me."

"No! I am not going on a date with you!", I snapped at him, my eyes drifting to his tattooed chest.

"I have my ways to convince you Erica. But I am serious. From the last few days, we have not had proper time with each other. I am starting to reconsider the idea of staying in Italy. But not today... okay!?", He said kissing my cheeks after finishing.

This man certainly knows how to seduce me into admission. But can I help it. I seriously miss being with him.

"Okay!", I sighed.

He started making nibbling my hair with his nose, and then finally uttered, "I know you are overthinking Erica. But be assured, I am here, always will be."

I leaned on him finally relieved.

Can he be this sweet always and stop acting like a pregnant lady on her periods?

In no time, he was below me, while I kissed him relentlessly, forgetting he was only in towels. But can I blame myself!? The guy below me is pretty sexy, and I can't help but ravish him like he's the last meal on Earth.

*

"Be ready by 6.", I nodded, watching him adjusting his blazer.

"Any special demands from the date? Though I know you had your fill of the day.", He said smirking.

I rolled my eyes, "Let's not pretend like I was the only one dying for it."

"Hmm...I was dying too. But I was ready to cover the two metres distance from the couch to the bed. But I think you were too hungry to have your ways with me on the couch even."

I blushed deep red though I knew he's saying everything for that only. He loves to make me all red.

"Okay! See you tonight. Dress up in something blue."

I groaned, "Not again Eric!"

"I am taking the reward for serving you today my lady."

"I don't have anymore blue dresses!", I said baffled.

"Go for shopping with Venus then.", He took out his wallet and pulled out a personal card.

I eyed him viciously, "You know I am not taking that."

"It's called a credit card babe! Buy everything that is blue from the store.", He pecked my lips again and walked out of the room.

E R I C

Me and David, when finally enter Ms. Embrey's room, she was being tested by a group of doctors. Some that were from the hospital only and some that I hired from other cancer hospitals to give their opinion in her case.

Once done, the doctors went out to discuss the details among themselves, while both of us stayed back.

"Ms. Embrey!", I called her to grab her attention.

She immediately turned to look at us.

She smiled at me, and then tried to sit up. I helped her to sit properly by placing a pillow on her back.

She glanced at me gratefully and then her eyes travelled to David.

She kept on looking at him with scrutinizing gaze, so much that he shifted uncomfortably.

"This is my friend, David Wellington."

As if recognition dawned on her, she looked at him adoringly, "Come here boy!"

He glanced at me briefly and came forward.
"Hello Ms. Embrey. I am Eric's friend and been one to Erica since last one year."

She smiled wide, "You look just like him."

"Like who?", He asked.

Her smile faltered for a second, "Someone I used to know."

This puzzled both of us, but then she changed the topic.
"What about Erica? Did she refuse to come here?", She asked worriedly.

I shook my head, "No! I didn't ask her. But don't worry, you will meet her tomorrow."

"Now tell me Ms. Embrey, should I inform my parents about your health. Because I am aware they know about you. And tomorrow when Erica will finally meet you, I would need my mother by her side."

She thoughtfully replied, "Angel for a matter of fact will not be happy about us meeting. If you can do anything to make her feel better, I am alright with it. I just haven't seen James and Jessica since years."

That was all I needed to call dad.

In a way, I wanted more and more people, who are near to Erica to be aware about this. Because I seriously have a bad feeling about everything. I never saw her when she was sixteen and still suffering. Mom and dad did. I may be her love, but they are her support.

*

"Eric this is insane!? You should have at least asked one of us. Do you even know the complete story?", Dad scolded me frustrated.

I sighed, "No dad! I don't know the whole story. Because you never told me. I know whatever Erica knows. But I am not blind enough to see hundreds of loopholes in her story. And dad do you ever tell me anything!? I am twenty seven right now. But still I am not aware of what business rivalry caused Eve's death. I never believed in this fake story. Now when I know what happened with Erica, I have a pretty bad feeling about Eve."

Silence was all I heard in return.

This is why my relationship with them is so rocky.

"...do you think I can't guess that you and mother had prior contacts with Ms.Embrey. Or do you think that I don't realise that the police raid that finally set Erica free, was not plotted by her mother? And of all people, you two are the ones to find Erica. And not to forget, Erica still thinks you both know nothing about who her mother is!"

He hear him sighing, "Fine Eric! I and your mother will tell you everything. But know this, that we never wanted to expose you to what actually happened with Eve! Because the hurt will be extreme. Yeah, we do know Embrey even before Erica was born. Not just that, even before you were born. I am just wondering why she never informed us when she came out of the jail."

"She was afraid to face Erica. But now when she's dying, she wants to meet her. For one last time and apologize."

"Okay...save it till we come back. We are done here anyway. Tell everyone to gather in the mansion tomorrow, including David."
Huh!? David!?

May be Dad thinks he deserves to know first hand. Though I would have anyway told him everything, like I always do.

"Fine. I am waiting for answers Dad!", And with that I hung up.

My anxiety increased ten folds now, when the biggest mystery of my life is finally going to be solved.

Tomorrow is Eve's death anniversary, but this time I will not be crying with a hollow inside me. I will know what really happened, and if needed set everything in place.

When I came back inside, David was chatting with Ms.Embrey as if they have known each other for centuries, while her eyes were filled with adoration for him.

I stood at one corner watching them. Ofcourse I can't entertain her like him. It takes me time to get comfortable with people. Even though I will say, I behaved pretty well with her seeing my past records.

My heart was also bubbling with excitement and ofcourse nervousness on how Erica will react when I will finally tell her that I too love her. That too madly.
Well, words are needed even though I made it explicitly clear that I want her in my life in every way.

And now when I met my mother-in-law, I kn...

Wait!? What the hell is wrong with me? She's not my mother-in-law!

'Not yet!', I remembered David's words from last night.

It won't be wrong if I make her one...will it be!?

*

BEHIND THE SCENES:

Eric: I feel so giddy inside right now!

Me(smirking): like a bride feels on her wedding day. You are getting wedding jitters man! Even when your wedding is not on my agenda anytime soon.

I receive a glare in answer, "You won't stop this twist shit! Will you?!?"

"I love drama babe! And you as the centre of it is certainly a cherry on cake!", I said smugly.

"What if I ask her to marry me tonight, and we fly off to some church and get married there without your knowledge.", He suggested.

"Hehe..not bad. But what will you say?", I chuckled and mimicked him, "C'mon let's finish with getting married Erica! I have more important stuff to do, like making kids!"

He looked at me thoughtfully, "The idea doesn't look too bad."

I groaned well aware the guy can consider it.

*

Comments and votes expected. Share this book with your friends on wattpad!

Next update is not going to be the nuclear bomb. But you all are gonna love it nonetheless because I am going to be pretty cheesy and sleazy in the next one😂.
It is half done by the way, so the better reviews I get, the faster the update.

Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Reunited By Rebecca

General Fiction

264K 10.6K 29
She had always felt like an out cast, she knew her family hated her but she didn't understand why. maybe it was because they never truly wanted her...
309K 15.5K 41
Being attracted to someone because of their appearance is common but to be attracted to someone because of the kindness of their heart is not.
1.1M 35.5K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
1.2M 39.7K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...