ONE DARK QUEEN ❖ (A Three Dar...

By PheonixGuardian

THREE DARK QUEENS are born in a glen SWEET LITTLE TRIPLETS will never be friends THREE DARK WITCHES all fair... More

Beginning Note
CHAPTER ONE: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWO: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOUR: BASTIAN CITY
CHAPTER FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIX: THE SEA
CHAPTER SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER EIGHT: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINE: SAND HARBOUR
CHAPTER TEN: PRYNN FOREST
CHAPTER ELEVEN: LACTON SQUARE
CHAPTER TWELVE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MOORGATE PARK
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER NINETEEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: ONDINA'S COVE
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: SHANNON'S BLACKWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: PRYNN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: THE WESTWOOD ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTEE THIRTY FIVE: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: THE ARRON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTY THIRTY SEVEN: THE RADURON ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: THE DISEMBARKING
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: INNISFUIL VALLEY
CHAPTER FOURTY: QUEEN NALANI'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY ONE: THE FIRE DOME
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO: QUEEN ARWEN'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: THE QUICKENING
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE: QUEEN CARINA'S STAGE
CHAPTER FOURTY SIX: THE MURTRA ENCAMPMENT
CHAPTER FOURTY SEVEN: UMBRA
CHAPTER FOURTY EIGHT: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FOURTY NINE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: ROLANTH
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: UMBRA
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: INNISFUIL VALLEY
BEFORE
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: PRYNN
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: UMBRA
THE BIRTH
AUTHORS NOTE
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: THE BLACK COTTAGE
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: PRYNN
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: UMBRA
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX: ROLANTH

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: INDRID DOWN TEMPLE

70 4 14
By PheonixGuardian

Vivianne Westwood and Pele Murtra sit together in a chairs around a single table, in one of the High Priestess' spare chambers in Indrid Town Temple. A strange sight really. An elemental and a warrior sitting together in the Indrid Down Temple bold as brass. It is like the beginning of a bad joke. Neither of the women however are happy as they have a meeting, all while waiting for Nalani to wake up and to hear High Priestess Corra's grievance. And of course, dealing with the repercussions of the assassination attempt.

"I want the Arrons punished for this, stripped of their titles, their lands and power," Vivianne seethes to Pele who is listening to the elemental's words with a sharp intense look on her face.

"Vivianne I understand your grievances," Pele begins but Vivianne is in such a state she cuts in. Something nobody has ever done to the fierce war gifted Head of the Black Council. However, since she and Pele are friends and Vivianne is in such a state surprisingly the warrior allows the rudeness.

"My grievances?," she says in disbelief and lets out a throaty laugh, "An assassination attempt has been made on Queen Nalani's life, before the Ascension no less and it was one of them, those dirty treacherous snakes, an Arron tried to kill her so the Arrons should pay!" Vivianne bites, struggling to keep herself from shouting. It is rare to see Vivianne lose her temper but anything to do with her queen or her family sparks an ire in her like no other.

"Vivianne you need to control yourself, now is not the time to allow your emotions to rule you," Pele explains, staying calm. A feat she has practised again and again over the years ruling. Queen Halia could be the hot headed war gifted one. Not Pele. She had to adapt to cope with the politics. Learning on the job.

Pele thinks she has done well honestly. Helping Queen Halia rule and taking most of the burdens was difficult as she was like most war gifted queens, leaving the politics mostly to the council but Halia didn't want someone who wasn't one of her own handling the affairs of Fennbirn so Pele had to become more politician than warrior at times much to her chagrin. But she was happy to do it to help her foster sister's rule.

Pele admits that grew to like the job though and the power. It was a difficult time though, the Arrons had just been uprooted as the island's power shifted , the repercussions of Queen Arsinoe's own botched triplet cycle and Fennbirn's Civil War hadn't completely gone. She helped restore faith in the queensline at Queen Halia's side, helping the Council and the monarchy to grow more popular and strong again. It helped that they were war gifted and not poisoners. The island welcomed the change. They hadn't had a war gifted queen in generations after all.

Although Queen Arsinoe the White Handed wasn't exactly unpopular because the island tolerated her a bit better, as she was originally raised by naturalists rather than the poisoners. But she still had the stain of an awful triplet cycle hanging over her head, not to mention the war and all her friends ending up dead.

In the current day Pele prides herself on the control she's acquired over her fierce temper. It makes her that much more intimidating when she is angry as it isn't explosive. The almost calm anger is much worse and scarier.

"It's exactly the time for it," Vivianne says coldly, "I will not let the Arrons walk free of this crime. This betrayal."

Betrayal. A word commonly associated with the Arrons. Vivianne shouldn't be surprised really. It is what they do. What they have always done. Anything for power. Anything to win.

"It is not up to you Vivianne," Pele says firmly, "and the assassin is dead, we cannot interrogate her and get a confession, there is nothing foolproof tying the other Arrons being complicit in Laura Arron's crimes. Not enough for any of them to be brought to proper justice for treason."

Vivianne goes to speak again but Pele interrupts, staring at herd "However," she starts, "because it is very likely that at least one of them was involved in Laura Arron's crimes, there will be repercussions."

"What repercussions?" Vivianne says icily.

"The Arrons will have to pay a very substantial sum to the crown and your family Vivianne, it is the best outcome we can get with the circumstances," Pele states, writing down a new things on her parchment, "we can use the money for Fennbirn's affairs on the Council and you personally can use it to prop up Queen Nalani's rule."

Not trusting herself not to snap again Vivianne stays quiet for a moment until she thinks of something else.

"I want to discuss our alliance further, I consider us friends now Pele after the years on the Council, I want to broaden our horizons," Vivianne says finally, going onto another topic. Business. Always thinking of her own future and that of Queen Nalani. Protecting her own as any queens guardian would.

An interesting prospect. Already Pele has allowed some of her warriors, including her eldest daughter, to help train Nalani. A little biased but it is a secret. Building trust and ties with the future queen crowned and it doesn't hurt that her and Vivianne were already friendly before.

Queen Nalani must win in Pele's eyes. The Arrons and the Radurons cannot be allowed to take power. And both hate Pele, especially that witch of a woman - Cierra. If Queen Arwen or Queen Carina take power then their Black Council's will be full of either poisoners or shadows who are all power hungry and not to be trusted.

It cannot be allowed to happen. It will undo all the work Queen Halia and Pele have done over the years to improve the island.

But before Pele has a chance to properly think Vivianne's new proposition over and reply the door bursts open.

"We'll discuss this properly later Vivianne," Pele quickly replies in a hushed tone and the elemental nods to show that she has heard.

Then High Priestess Corra enters in her usual robes, lined with gold and her gold rings, bangles, necklaces and the like decorating her like a second skin. It does suit her dark skin well. Not to mention her pretty braids in a fancy up-do today and with golden pearls decorating several of them. Ah. The wealth of the temple. The extravagance and vanity of the High Priestess.

Corra enters looking rather confident but that soon disappears when she catches the stern look on Pele's face. She bows, the movement looking so unnatural. Unused to anyone outranking her.

"I'm sorry for interrupting this meeting," High Priestess Corra, "but Queen Nalani has awoken, she's still in one of the guest chambers, and now I want to discuss the matter of Priestess Mab being severely injured by Queen Nalani."

"Oh Corra don't over exaggerate," Vivianne snaps but Pele gives her a look which makes her fall silent.

"Corra we are dealing with matters of the assassination attempt on Queen Nalani's life and other important matters yet you want to talk to me of a priestess whom the queen burned?" Pele says incredulously, shaking her head and her tone turns especially cold and dismissive, "do not waste my time Corra."

"But," the High Priestess begins but Pele interrupts.

"But nothing," Pele snaps, "Fennbirn has more important matters at hand than one priestess who was injured, as Vivianne says, trying to bring Nalani here against the queen's will. It's technically kidnap. So whose really at fault? To me it seems your priestess has committed the worse crime in this altercation."

Corra opens her mouth at that, looking like a gaping fish out of water and then she closes her mouth, annoyance flaring on her features. She clearly didn't think of that.

"So unless you want me to trial your priestess then our business is done," Pele says firmly, spinning her knife as she usually does and plunging it deeply into the wood of Corra's favourite mahogany table much to the High Priestess' anger.

"May I remind you that you are in my chambers as my guests," High Priestess Corra says slowly, trying not to bite. Trying to imply that she has the authority here. Foolish priestess.

Pele let's put a humorous laugh at that, making the knife retreat from the wood with her mind, "may I remind you that you are in my country as my guest," she says with a raised red eyebrow and Vivianne can't help but smirk when Corra's face falls, "I wouldn't want to banish you."

"You wouldn't dare," Corra snaps, forgetting herself for a second but then hastily says, "I apologise, I didn't mean it like that."

"Yes you did," Pele says softly surveying Corra with cruel amusement, "but don't worry because I meant my words as well."

"Is that a threat?" Corra says shakily.

"I don't like the word threat exactly, I consider it more a promise but yes if you like, it is a threat," Pele says, spinning her knife around her fingers again and then adds on dryly, "but if that is it, then I will be leaving because believe it or not I actually have a country to run."

The warrior stands at that and Corra automatically gulps. She forgets how tall and intimidating Pele Murtra truly is, especially with that blood red hair and all that weapons she constantly carries around, all polished and sharpened to perfection. She hasn't seen proper battle in years as she has kept Fennbirn safe but the weapons are always there, as a reminder, of the fierce warrior that she still is. Her skill with weapons is unmatched and everyone knows it.

Pele then gestures to the silent servant who had been observing in the corner. Just in case any refreshments and the like were needed.

"Prepare a carriage for Queen Nalani and Vivianne Westwood and get them refreshments for their journey back to Rolanth," Pele commands and the servant nods, obeying immediately as they practically scurry from the room to do the warrior's bidding.

High Priestess Corra looks like she's been slapped in the face, she clearly isn't used to her servants listening to anyone apart from her. It is an oddly humorous sight.

"Vivianne I will send some of my guards to accompany you and the queen back home, after the recent attempt I think we can agree that Queen Nalani's safety is of the upmost importance," Pele declares and Vivianne bows her head in thanks and says a few words of gratitude.

Without any words to the High Priestess, Pele spins on her heels and strides out of the room in her heavy boots.

Corra is still scowling and Vivianne only smiles at her when she catches her eye, provoking a reaction.

"You won't be smiling in the end Vivianne," Corra says spitefully.

Ah Corra. Still being bitter about her little scolding and being put in her place by Pele. Goddess knows how she became High Priestess with her sour temperament.

"Yes I will," Vivianne says softly, "when Nalani burns the flesh of your precious Arwen's bones and when she grinds Carina into nothing but mere dust, I will be smiling."

Vivianne still smiling, rises and starts walking away, though a malicious glint lingers in her green eyes which makes Corra oddly unnerved.

"When none but Queen Nalani's name lives on, your precious Goddess will be smiling too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Siblings By Hjc0703

Teen Fiction

556K 15.5K 54
[Completed] There's three of us. Triplets. We all have each other's backs. There's me, Maeve. The one with red eyes. People call me a murder. S...
11.5K 305 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
95K 4.2K 63
Several months have passed, following the War with the Valg. Fenrys Moonbeam is slowly settling into his new role as the Ambassador of Terrasen, whil...
763K 13.1K 55
"Hate the sin, love the sinner." ********************************* Athena Diana Thea Knight Romano, Ares Hades Knight Romano & Apollo Daniel Knight R...