The next century- We met agai...

By ahwaeee

Sequel to 'Why should we even know each other from the start?'. A new version story of Chen-Hye couple. Notes... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: His memories and she's born
Chapter 2: Outing with them
Chapter 4: First Encounter
Chapter 5: The Wedding
Chapter 6: The New Teacher
Chapter 7: His Wish
Chapter 8 : Is it just me?
Chapter 9: It's all starting now
Chapter 10: Visiting
Chapter 11: Those Secrets
Chapter 12: Distanced Relationship?
Chapter 13: Different Love
Chapter 14: Closer
Chapter 15: The world in the mirror
Chapter 16: The 'Someone'
Chapter 17: A totally complicated relationship
Chapter 18: Could he remember anything?
Chapter 19: What's happening?
Chapter 20: Future or...past?
Chapter 21: Hope they'll be together
Chapter 22: A day off
Chapter 23: A confession
Chapter 24: Gone
Chapter 25: "Sing for me."
Chapter 26: Can we really be together?
Chapter 27: "I'll be leaving."
Epilogue
Author's Notes
Special Chapter
[PROMOTE]

Chapter 3: Night Talk

975 47 8
By ahwaeee

Jocelyn’s POV

I closed the door behind me quietly and turned on the lights. I turned around and was shocked when I found Xiumin granddad sat there, in the couch.

"Harabeoji." 

"Oh, Celyn. You're back."

"Yeah, just hang out with Myungsoo and the other boys earlier. What are you looking at?" I asked as I noticed he was holding a picture, staring at it. 

"Oh, come here." He motioned me to go closer. I went to him and sat down beside him. 

"Do you know how do you have your name?" He asked.

"Ani." 

"You're actually named after Suho’s younger sister. Her name was Jocelyn Kim Yoon-Hye too." Xiumin granddad smiled sadly.

"Really?" My eyes widened. There's no one tell me how I got my name, until this day. 

Xiumin granddad nodded, and said, "The moment when we saw you, both of us wanted to name you after her. You have her eyes, and you look alike with her."

"Can I see her photo?" I asked.

He took out the picture that he was holding earlier. It was a group photo. I saw a girl, who was about nineteen, standing beside a guy who was around her age too.

"Yes, that's her." Xiumin granddad suddenly spoke. 

"We were best friends before, and the guy standing beside her, I could say that he was her boyfriend."

"What do you mean you could say that he's her boyfriend, harabeoji?" 

"Well, they love each other, but before she could answer him, she died."

I scanned the photo again and found younger Suho and Xiumin granddad. Oh and also Sehun, Kai and Luhan uncle. The others were faces that I never seen. 

"Let me tell you. This is Taemin, another younger brother of Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, this tall guy here is Kris, and the angel-like boy here is Lay, and this panda…he's Tao. Here’s me, Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, Luhan, Chen and also, Jocelyn."

"I've heard some names before." 

"Probably Luhan, Sehun and Kai. The others mostly were not in Korea. Like Chanyeol and Baekhyun who moved to States, Kris whose in Canada, Lay and Tao in China. Kyungsoo, he didn't really show up to us, only to Kai, probably." 

"You are going to invite all of them to my wedding, isn't it, harabeoji?"

"Yes." He replied and rubbed his hands together. "Mind listens to a story?" 

"Of course, if you're not tired."

He smiled and ruffled my hair. 

"There was a boy, who was in-love with his best friend. He was in-love with her for six years. He was sure that she doesn't love her for a bit. He started to date a girl who she hated the most in front of her. He kissed her in front of the girl. He saw the girl cried. He had hope. He thought that the girl likes him. But he knew from her brother that he cried because of other things, not because of him."

"He lost hope. But after he broke up with the girl, he tried to give her hint that he had feelings for her. He even asked her are they even friends, but she didn't give him any answer." Xiumin granddad paused. 

"There's one day, he confessed to her. He kissed her, when they're back at her brother’s car. She responded to his kiss. And soon, they started to date. The boy was happy, and every day, it was seen that they are around each other when in school, even not in school, the boy was always around the girl."

"Her birthday came, he tried hard to prepare a birthday surprise for her, and decided to finish the surprise that her brother who died was about to hold for her. But the day after the birthday surprise, he broke her heart. They were attending a wedding of their best friend. She saw it by her own, he was kissing the girl that she hated the most; the girl who dated him before." 

"They got back together again, but in several weeks, she died. Actually, they're not really together. The boy deals with the girl to date for a month, and if he did make her fall for him in that month, they would be official. That boy never know that the girl always love him. She didn't accept him because she found that she was suffering from leukemia at the day the boy confessed to her. She didn't want the boy to be alone after she left the world."

"He was broken when she dead. Well, who wouldn't? Seeing that the person you love the most died. After few weeks that she died, he was dead too, in an accident. I guessed they were happy up there, in the heaven, or probably reborn." Xiumin granddad looked up at me. "The girl was Jocelyn, and the boy was Chen." 

"Harabeoji, do you think Jocelyn reborn and she's here right now?" I tilted my head and asked. There's possibility, right? I mean, Suho and Xiumin granddad both said that I looked like her, and I was even named after her.

"Probably. I told you before that deep down inside a person, he or she will still have the memories of his or her previous life, right?" 

I nodded.

"This is true. And harabeoji was hoping that you would find it one day, and you would find it at the right time, right place. A place which meant the most to your previous life, it would come back all, at the same time, but only at the right date." 

Xiumin granddad held up my hands and continued talking. "You know, Yoon-Hye-ah, harabeoji just wanted you to find your true love. I want you to be happy with him, always."

"I will, be happy with Myungsoo, just like you wished, harabeoji." I nodded. 

He shut his eyes for a while and sighed. "That's good."

"What were the two of you talking about?" Suho granddad came out and said. Yes, we're living under the same roof, all eight of us, including Suho granddad’s younger brother, Kai who didn't come home frequently. 

"Just telling Jocelyn the history of Jocelyn and Chen." Xiumin granddad chuckled.

"Oh, the example of the sweet couple, and true love?" Suho granddad chuckled too. 

"Ahh, yes. They're really sweet, especially when all of us were around them." Xiumin granddad beamed.

"I thought Suho granddad you were asleep." 

"Oh, I heard noises so I decided to come out. How's Myungsoo?"

"Fine. Well, the boys just happened to drag me out from the shop when he was trying on the suit." 

"Oh, really? Haha, they're as childish as us before." Suho granddad laughed.

"Yeah. Childish, and weird too." I complained. 

"Hah, really like us." Xiumin granddad laughed a bit too.

"Okay, harabeoji, you two should go and sleep now." I stood up and told them. I took a glance at the clock on the wall, and added, "It's late now." 

"Never mind, Celyn. If you're tired, just go and sleep first." Suho granddad said.

"Okay." I nodded and went to my room. 

-------

Suho’s POV 

I watched as Jocelyn went into her room, and shut the door behind her.

"She looks really like her, isn't it?" Xiumin suddenly spoke, which made me snapped out from my thoughts. 

"Ah, ne, hyung." I replied and nodded.

"Stop calling me hyung, it just doesn't seem right. We're old already; just call me by my name." Xiumin stated and frowned. 

"Well, I just can't get used to it. I've been calling you as hyung since I'm young. It had become a habit." I shrugged.

"I don't know why, but I have the feeling that Jocelyn was reborn, as Yoon-Hye." 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Jocelyn, reborn as our granddaughter, Yoon-Hye." He answered. 

"I thought about it at first too. But I thought it's impossible. Just…had the feeling."

"I trusted fate, and I believed that Chen was reborn too, in a corner of the world, waiting to be fall in-love with Jocelyn yet again." 

"You supported them?" I furrowed my brows.

"I approve them. If Jocelyn is happy with Myungsoo, I support them. For now, I only want her to be happy. As long as she's happy, I'm fine with whoever she's with." Xiumin replied and looked to Jocelyn’s room. 

"Wow, sounds mature, hyung." I beamed and laughed a bit.

"Hah, did I? Anyway, it's late now, we should get to sleep." He said and stood up from his seat. 

"Alright, jalja, hyung." I answered and stood up too. We both went to our room. I laid down in the bed and started thinking.

Is it a right decision for Jocelyn and Myungsoo marrying? Because if Jocelyn was really reborn as her, she would be with Chen, isn't it? Or…Chen was Myungsoo? It sounds right too, right? People change their name, anyways. 

Okay, I'm just probably talking about nonsense.

I heard a knock on the door so I get up and open the door. It was Kai outside there. 

"Hyung, sorry for disturbing." He apologized as I opened the door.

"It's okay. What's wrong?" 

"Ahh…just want to inform you that I'll be in States, if you want to look for me. I'm going there to take a break from the university first."

"Alright. Just be safe, and come back earlier." 

"Okay, I'll be back before Jocelyn’s wedding. It's after two months, am I right?"

"Yeah. Oh wait, remember to visit the two there and invited them to Jocelyn’s wedding if you could. Baekhyun and Chanyeol, I mean. If you're free, call Amber too. She and Sanghyun are in California." 

"Alright, I'll visit if I could."

"Remember to come back earlier." I patted his back and told him before I went back into the room. 

"Okay." Kai replied as I closed the door. I went back to the bed and decided to sleep.

------- 

Third Person’s POV

Jocelyn stuffed her phone into her pocket as she noticed that she was going to be late. She quickly ran out from her room. 

"Yah! Celyn-ah! Your breakfast!" Her mother yelled behind her.

"I'm late, umma! I'm just going to have it later!" She shouted back and quickly started the car. She sped off from her house and stopped in front of a mansion. 

"Kim Yoon-Hye." She heard a people called as she got down from her car. She turned around and found a guy leaning against her car.

"Taemin-ssi." 

"You're late again, huh?" The guy who was called Taemin smirked.

She looked down to the watch that she was wearing and replied, "Just right in time. Any students came?" 

"Well, not yet."

"Okay, then that doesn't count as I'm late." Jocelyn answered and went into the mansion. She placed her shoes on the shoe rack and went in. Taemin followed behind and did the same too. 

"Oh, by the way…" Jocelyn turned around to Taemin and reached her hand into her bag. She took out an envelope and handed it to Taemin. "You're invited."

"What is it?" Taemin frowned as he examined the envelope. 

"Just read it yourself." Jocelyn shrugged and turned away. Taemin opened the envelope and found a card inside.

"Wow, seriously, Yoon-Hye, you're going to marry with Myungsoo?" Taemin asked with a questioning look. 

"Umm, yup."

"Congrats! Finally after three years seeing you and Myungsoo being so sweet, you're going to marry!" Taemin cheered. 

"Hey, what's so excited about?" A girl’s voice rang at the doorsteps.

"Oh hey, Miss Son!" Taemin waved at the door. There was a woman about twenty and a little boy at the door. 

"Annyeong." The girl who was called by Taemin as Miss Son replied. The little boy beside bowed and said, "Annyeong haseyo, sunsae-nim."

"Ohh, annyeong, Naeun, and also In-Soo." 

"So…what's so worth to be happy about?" Naeun asked again.

"Well, Jocelyn is getting married, so that's why." 

"Omo, jinjja? Congrats!" Naeun squealed.

"Ohh, before I forgotten…Naeun and In-Soo, you're invited too." Jocelyn said and took out another envelope for Naeun. 

"Okay, thanks for the invitation. I'll better get going first, before my boss could scold me. In-Soo, behave, alright? Mummy is going to take you back home later." Naeun kneeled down to In-Soo’s height and told him. In-Soo nodded repeatedly.

"Don't worry too much, Naeun, we'll take good care of him." Taemin assured. 

"Okay, bye." She waved at them and left. Taemin opened the door for Naeun and sent her out.

"Come on, In-Soo; let’s watch the television first before the other students came." Jocelyn told In-Soo and brought him to the living room. 

"Hey." Taemin called for Jocelyn’s attention.

"What?" 

"Ahh…nothing." Taemin kept his blank look for a while and shook his head.

"You are thinking whether you should confess to her, right?" Jocelyn asked without looking at Taemin.

"Yeah. I just can't bear to see that she was taking care of In-Soo alone. I knew how hard it is being a single mother, because my mother was one too."

 "Yeah, go ahead and confess. You know, I don't want to see her work so hard again. She barely had time to rest." "I think…maybe later. Just…not now."

Jocelyn sighed and stood up. "Taemin, you sure know her feelings too. Go ahead and try. Anyway, noona will support you too." 

"Hah, it's been a long time since you allow me to address you as noona. You didn't allow me though." Taemin chuckled.

 "Just for some special case. Hwaiting, you know you could."  

"Thanks, Yoon-Hye." 

"You're welcome."

_______

A/N:

Ahh...suffering from writer's block recently. I don't really have ideas in writing stories recently, but I promise I'll try to. Well, new characters added to this story! Okay, it's just Taemin and Naeun. In-Soo is Naeun's child. What do you guys think about Taemin and Jocelyn's occupation? Comment down!

If there's a person who got it right will get a dedication, and if there's none, the dedication will go to the first one who vote for this chapter!

Why isn't school reopening? I'm dying in house...Taemin and Naeun on the media, by the way.

~SHINeeTaeminHo~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 154 32
Is it possible to fall for two different men with completely opposite personalities, styles, and approaches to love? A classic struggle between warm...
2.6K 544 58
"Anneyong haseyo! joneum Kim Ni Soo imnida" she introduced herself Anna told her "He is Nam Woohyun or our class president, most handsome, cutest, go...
2.4K 174 26
Kim Jongdae or known as Chen has been married one of his best friend's sister, Park Seohye or they call her Zoe Kim. But things are not going well li...
13.3K 587 82
What it means to love... While waiting... Just another love story.. ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ Published from August to October 2015 A/N: This story started ou...