Repulsion

By UniqueNImperfect

If unlikes attract, then likes should repel too. Or is REPULSION just an illusion. An illusion so real, tha... More

0
1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
EPILOGUE-1
AFFECTION-BOOK 2
EPILOGUE-2
Heartfelt thanks!

67.

3.8K 245 62
By UniqueNImperfect

E R I C A

The light outside was too much to keep my eyes further closed. Yawning, and stretching my arms, I finally opened my eyes to meet his blue green ones.

Not the real ones, but from the handsome portrait before me. I smile to myself, and get up from the makeshift bed. When I looked at the time, it was nine in the morning.

God! I never sleep for this long!
No one even bothered to wake me up?

I came out of the sitting area and went downstairs to see the maids busy doing their work and Stephen reading the newspaper.

No one else was there.

"Good morning Erica!"

"Morning! Where are others?", I asked.

He kept the newspaper down, "Sir has left for some work with Henry. He is out for two hours now."

I nodded and went in the kitchen. A coffee was already being prepared.
"Shelly, please give me a coffee, I'll be outside in the garden for a while."

In the garden, the night events dawned upon me.
I certainly feel lighter and better after telling him everything. Not only I needed someone to vent out everything, but also I needed him to know what kind of life I had in the past.
Not all woman are worth his standards. That is what scares me the most.

In the world of Playboys, Eric has kept himself away from all those women. May be being committed to a single woman was not his agenda then, but he was respectful. He respected himself, for not letting all kinds of women touch him. So, a woman who's been touched by all sorts of bastards in the city, though un-wantedly, in my opinion does not deserve him. Unfortunately, I am one such.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when I hear my phone ringing by my side.

Looking at the phone gave me a huge grin because it was none other than David.

"Hey honeymooners!", I said chirping.

"Guess what Little one! We are coming back tonight.."

"Why!? You have two days more!", I said exactly aware because I was the one to plan.

He sighed, "I know..but there is this guy in my head branch, that was being suspected of some illegal stuff. I need to come and look at the matter personally."

"Venus must be disappointed!", I mused.

"No! She's not...she's an understanding bae...as much as she starts planning our second honeymoon.."

"Oh Erica this man needs to compensate! I barely saw the city!", I heard Venus.

"Okay be back...we can still have a lot of fun here...I don't know when Eric gets bored of the city and we leave for States!"

David snorted, "By the way, where is he!? I didn't talk to him for so long!", he sighed dramatically, "We are already drifting away. It was 'bro before hoe'!"

I hear some shuffling and then David wincing, "Who you callin a hoe bitch!?"

"I will file against you for domestic violence, I swear!"

I heard Venus chuckling evilly, "And I will seduce the police officers!"

I couldn't help but laugh at their banters. They are literally meant for each other.

*

"Is the presentation done?", His deep husky voice brings me out of my world immediately.

I turn and look at him, smiling uncomfortably, "Uh_yeah! It's done."

He was out all day, and I was thinking he was deliberately avoiding me. I am hoping for the worst right now.

He came round the table and sat down on James' chair. He looked tired and exhausted. His blazer was in his hands, while he was rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

"Should I get a coffee?", I asked..

"No..I had one downstairs.", Hmm, so he's home for quite a while now.

I tried to focus on my work and push all the negative thoughts behind. I am just not feeling a good vibe, as if something precious is going to be taken away from me. And what is the most precious for me at this moment. Ofcourse him.

Soon, I felt his eyes on me, and so I looked up.

"Why do I get a feeling that you are distressed?", He spoke up eyeing me as if trying to read things on my face.

I shook my head, "No Nothing!"

He didn't reply to that, though I know he's not buying it.
"Erica I need one million in my personal bank account from this month's profit margin. By tomorrow morning."

"For what!?", I asked even before I could think this through. I should not have asked.

He looked taken aback by my sudden question.

"Sorry! You don't have to tell...", I told him, and to my surprise, he nodded. He doesn't want to share.
The thought unsettled me completely.

I stood up, "I'll go make a call to Mr. Brown."

Mr. Brown was his financial manager. Although now Eric personally owns more than forty percent of Ashton's assets and looks over at everything on behalf of James, he still receives a monthly salary for the post of CEO. And that is huge. So much, that he never looks into the company's profits for his expenses.

How come he's asking for a million, that too from the Profit amount.

Shaking my head, trying to stop my overthinking, I ordered for the transaction.

But one thing was certain. Something is off about him today.

E R I C

I received a message on my phone about the completed transaction. So, looking out everywhere, I made a call at the St. Joseph Cancer Hospital.

"This is St. Joseph Cancer Hospital!", That creepy receptionist spoke up.

"This is Eric Ashton. I came today to visit Ms.Embrey. I want to talk to her doctor, Brian Colton."

"I will direct you now sir."

A minute later, I heard the old man.

"Mr. Ashton! This is me, Colton."
"Hi Doctor, I wanted to make sure Ms.Embrey's  treatment gets started tomorrow."
"Yes ofcourse Mr. Ashton. Now that she has a relative to lean on, we can always proceed. But since it's a fourth stage, I would advise you to keep your hopes down."
I sighed, "I understand Doctor. But I want to assure the best treatment. It took me hell to convince her to go for the treatment."
"She was very tired with life, it seemed. People are shattered when they realise they are about to die, but she just merely nodded at me. But now I see it's a progress!"
"Yeah, I hope it works. I will see you tomorrow."
"Yes ofcourse."
And the call ended.

Coming back in the bedroom, I notice her sleeping at one edge of the bed.

I immediately got in the bed, my being already craving for her touch. Today was a long day. But I will have hundred long days if I have to do something for her sake.

My thoughts went back to the morning when I saw her for the first time today. Her mother.

No one. I say no one can doubt their resemblance, by the same shade of brown hair they had. Her eyes were black, but all in all, she looked the old version of Erica.

The moment she laid eyes on me, she recognised me too. In her words, 'The same gentleman who was holding her daughter so possessively.'
I couldn't help my face from turning red, when she told me she saw our viral video, where I kissed Erica publicly.

Though I can't say I don't have any hard feelings for her, seeing how much Erica hates her. I love her for god sake! Someone who wasn't good to her, is definitely going to bear my wrath.

But she kept on pestering me to tell about her daughter, Angel.

"You are here and she is not. But that's okay. Just tell me how she is now? Does she ever talk of me?"
My hard expression was enough to answer her.

"If you showed this same concern and care while she was still a child, I am certain I didn't have to come alone here, Ms. Embrey."

Her eyes filled with sorrow, making me regret my words, "I cared for her. She thinks I didn't. But I did care."

"Then probably your way of caring was out of her understanding. Do you realize what impact that life has on her now? She used to have nightmares. Her kidney was pulled out after she left the brothel. She was traumatized for years. Her marks made her insecure to no bounds. She can't talk about her past. I was afraid if I tell her I received your mail, she will go back in the same shell, I saw her in, an year ago. Or better while my parents found a sixteen year old fainted on the road."

The woman before me had a complete breakdown on my words, but I was not going to be gentle because of her illness. She is ill today! Where was she for the last twenty five years of her life!?

I let her cry, because first I am not good at making crying woman feel better, except Eve or Erica. And second because she needs to know the damage done by her deeds.

"In spite of all this, she is the light of my life.", I told her, and when she thought I was going to tell more, she quietly listened to me, "I have not had a good life either, but not as bad as hers. Yet, she came out stronger than me because she knows how to find good in the worst of things. The worst being me. First as a employee, then as a housemate, eventually as a friend, and finally as a lover, she makes me feel like I am the only man on earth. I am the centre of her world. But I know she is wounded. The biggest being her scarred relationship with her own mother."

She nodded, "She was always like this. The most well behaved kid. Whenever she met me, she used to treat me with utmost respect, even when I failed her always. It was as if she was born with good qualities."

"I agree to that. Even in a relationship, she never tries to take over my life. Completely providing me liberty to do stuff, no matter how many questions she has in her mind. I am a lucky man."

She smiled weakly, "You cherish her, I appreciate that. At the end, she got what she deserved. Though I don't have right, but still I would want you to treat her like a queen. May be she completely forgets her past life then."

I shook my head, "You would have known better Ms. Embrey if you spent time with her. She will not get better if she runs from this, she has to face you once, at least. I will make sure I bring her sooner or later, but for now I want you to start your treatment and get better."

"You know I can't get better. I am just in this hospital so they could make death a little less painful for me. Don't bring her here, she will not like it. Just tell her once, that I love her, and if she ever met her father, he would have loved her too."

That perked a question in my mind, "Who is her father, by the way?"

She looked at me skeptically, as if I should know, but then her eyes widened like she realised I don't, "That's not of concern now!"

"It is! We can still hope something better for Erica if she knows who her father is. You say, he loved her, so he will be ecstatic to know about her.", I reasoned.

She sighed, "No..I can't tell you now."

"You know I am aware my parents are involved in this, and they know you too. Your mentioning them in the letter told me so. I can ask them."

She smiled, "They are at a better position to tell you Mr. Ashton."

"You can call me Eric!", I pointed out. I don't feel easy with the thought that Erica's mother would address me as Mr. Ashton.

Just then, the doctor came in.

"Ms. Embrey, I need to check on you.", He saw me and then squinted his brows, "Are you a relative mister?"

I hesitated a little, when she spoke up, "Uh...he's my son in law."

That flushed me completely and I looked at her in horror. But I understood why she said that, because they don't really allow random relatives.

Well, son-in-law! That's a freaking title I got there. I thought I was still a baby.
I waited for the doctor to finish.

When he was done, she smiled at my thoughtful state, "Although Erica may not consider my opinion, but I still approve of you for her."

"She's not as hard as you think she is. I trust her she will come and see you.", Knowing Erica , she will die with regret if she comes to know that she couldn't see her mother at her last.

Though, I will try my best to not let it be her last.

If it would have been my mother, Erica would have devoted herself for her. So, do I not share the same roles as her?

Now, looking at the sleeping figure before me, I knew I did right. She is too precious to be lacking her mother's love.

She squirmed in my arms searching for a better position. When I pulled her in my arms, she smiled in her sleep mumbling things like 'Dinner is done Eric!'
I couldn't stop chuckling. She was dreaming of me.

I closed my own eyes but my sleep was interrupted the moment I heard,
"Asshole!!!! Get your failure ass out of the bed now!!!!".

---

Guys! I need your help....
I had participated in this poetry competition on Instagram where my poetry got selected in top 12.

Now the winner will be decided on the basis of the engagement my post receives. I need you all to go and like the post and share it with your friends so they like it too.

I'll be very grateful if you do this favour.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDFx7vgFp3S/?igshid=qhrjr6w8nheg

The post is available on the story of my Instagram page named wordsmith_vanshika

Love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 46.8K 50
He hates me...He hates me to such an extent that even though i am lawfully his he wouldnt accept me or look at me...because i am the reason he lost t...
103K 2.1K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
13.6K 416 35
Just two lovestruck teens , but what's after P.s- no pictures used are mine own, no characters are real....only for fun☺️
1.2M 39K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...