Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)

493 4 37
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene opens up to the team observing the landscape that showed many islands and the vast ocean.

Arcturus: (breaths in the air) ah. There's nothing like a fresh breeze in the morning.

Sora: it would be more enjoyable if we weren't in the middle of no where.

Donald: why did you land us here!?

Arcturus: you're well aware that I don't have control on where we land on a new world, right?

Aqua: don't worry, Donald, we can use our gliders to get around.

Clara: actually, I've been scanning the wild life around here, and I think I have a better solution.

They then hear a roar, and look up to see a large creature flying down to them. When it lands, they see it was a giant robotic dragon.

Xion: a dragon?

Clara: yep. It's a new upgrade I can only access here. The FireFly's changed to a dragon form, and I can control it. To all of you, you understand me. But to everyone else, I'm just a dragon.

Axel: that's cool. But, won't people question a robot dragon?

Arcturus: not really. In many cases, the ship has a special chameleon circuit that tricks other's memories, into believing that this is what it's supposed to look like.

Goofy: that's one way of travel'n

Roxas: okay. So, where do we go?

Arcturus: (looks at the map) well, according to this, there's an island about a few miles from here. There's a town there as well, so they should at least give us directions.

Riku: (notices something) heads up! Something's heading straight towards us.

They look to see a swarm flying to them. Arc's eyes zoom closer, and he sees that the swarm was a heard of these dark dragons with the Heartless symbol that were even heading right for the island.

Arcturus: it's a group of Heartless dragons. And they're heading straight to the island.

Sora: then let's move!

They get on the StormStriker's back and they flew to the island. As they were approaching it, they see it was a grand island with a village, a large mountain that was the great hall, and other structures nearby. This is Berk. It's twelve days North of hopeless, and a few degrees South of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery. The village is sturdy. And has been for seven generations, but every single building is new. But, they've adapted to their pets. Most places hold cats, or dog. They have...

Dragons.

As they got closer, they see five dragons flying up and attacking the heartless. They also saw riders on them, all in their early twenties. It was Hiccup, Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

Hiccup: alright, gang, we have to keep these dragons away from Berk. Astrid, Fishlegs, handle the left flank. Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff, take the right.

They nodded and went off to attack. The team sees the attack, and moves in to help. Each of the dragons had different abilities, such as spine-shots, plasma blasts, molten boulders, igniting skin, and a combination of gas and sparks.

Astrid: Hiccup, these things aren't backing down.

Hiccup: we have to lead them away from Berk-

He and Toothless get hit and the two were knocked out of the sky and falling. But they were caught by the StormStriker and they regained their balance.

Hiccup: (sees them) huh? Who are you guys?

Arcturus: we're here to help. We'll have introductions later.

Sora: yeah, first we gotta take these guys out!

Hiccup: alright. (Hops on Toothless) let's go, bud.

They take back off to the sky and chased after the heartless. After a few moments, they defeated them, and they landed back on the ground. There, they did all the introductions and they took a look at the dragons.

Fishlegs: (sees StormStriker) what kind of dragon is that? I've never seen one like that.

Arcturus: she's a unique one. Only one of her kind, like the Night Fury.

Toothless: (roars)

Arcturus: sorry. I didn't mean to offend you.

Hiccup: huh?

Sora: just something with Arc. Though, speaking of dragons, have those ones ever been seen before?

Astrid: these past few weeks. Our friends from other tribes have been sending reports about these dark dragons attacking villages.

Fishlegs: we've never seen anything like them. In the book of dragons, or Bork's papers. But what's really odd is that symbol they had.

Ventus: those are the Heartless. They go after hearts with darkness.

Aqua: we've met them before, but the way how you described them, someone must be controlling them.

Snotlout: who would control those things.

Roxas: there's a chance they aren't aware they're controlling them. But, just incase, do you guys know anyone who has a grudge against you?

Tuffnut: not really.

Ruffnut: beats me.

Snotlout: (bewildered) seriously?

Fishlegs: have you guys forgotten about the dragon hunters?

Astrid: or the old Alpha Bewilder Beast?

Hiccup: or Drago Bludvist?

Tuffnut: (thinks a moment) oh. Right. I was thinking about new ideas for the boar pit.

Ruffnut: obviously. It's always important to think about stuff like that.

Riku: they're not the smartest, are they.

Hiccup: not really. (Beat) you guys seem to know more about these Heartless then we do. Can you help us?

Terra: that's why we're here.

Donald: cause we're heroes!

Hiccup: great! Let's get to work.

Snotlout: one problem, though, we don't even know where they are. How are we going to find them?

After he said that, a Terrible Terror came flying to them. It was holding a message from their old friend, Mala.

Hiccup: (reads it) looks like we're in luck. The Defenders of the Wing are under attack by the dragons. (Turns to the team) can you guys keep up?

Arcturus: sure can. Lead the way, Hiccup.

They all got on their dragons and flew off out to the sea. The environment was similar to the Caribbean where there were multiple islands and hidden treasures around. They also found Heartless there, but were able to deal with them. They also encountered dragons in the sky, but were able to move through them.

As they flew, they decided ask something.

Mickey: hey Hiccup. If you're helping us, who's watching over the village?

Hiccup: the council looks after the village. They're watched over with my mom, Gobber, and Erret. They'll keep everything in order until we get back.

Astrid: we're coming up to the wing.

As they get closer, they see that heartless dragons were swarming around the island. They then decided that those who had shot locks would launch off to the Heartless and took them down. After a couple moments of that, they landed on the ground and hurried off to the village where they found Mala, Dagur, and Heather fighting against the Heartless.

Fishlegs: guys!

Kairi: (summons Keyblade) we'll take care of this.

Hiccup: (readies fire sword) let's do it!

They team, Hiccup, and Toothless attacked the Heartless. After defeating the ground enemies, the rest were suddenly retreating. Arc then hears a sound that causes him to hold his ears in pain.

Ruby: Arc, what's wrong?

Arcturus: can't you guys hear that sound?

Toothless: (roars)

Arcturus: what?

Clara: Arc, I'm picking up another life signal nearby. It's coming from the water.

They race over to see that there was something down there. With thermal imaging, Arc sees its massive.

Arcturus: there's a giant animal down there.

Sora: a whale?

Arcturus: na-uh, bigger. And, it has tusks.

They then see something barley getting up to the surface as it appeared to be like a tail and then it went back down. Hiccup sees it, and looks angered.

Hiccup: it is him.

Sora: you know what that was?

Hiccup: that was the Bewilder Beast. An Alpha class dragon. They mostly stay in hiding, but with those dark colors, and these Heartless dragons, there's only one who's behind this.

They went back to the others and informed them about the situation.

Fishlegs: Drago?! But-

Hiccup: I don't know how he did it, but it's clear that he's out for revenge. The attacks here, the wingmaidens, the berserkers, even the outcasts.

Astrid: he's targeting our allies with these new dragons.

Xion: I still don't get it. Why is he doing this?

Hiccup: Drago wants absolute control over all the dragons. He's willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Snotlout: we can take him. You and Toothless did it before, so beating him will be a piece of cake.

Terra: don't get cocky, Snotlout. The Heartless are feeding off his darkness.

Aqua: and if he's as dangerous as you said, he'll be tougher to beat.

Donald: so what now?

They think about it more, then Arc gets an idea. Now that they know what's causing the heartless here, they can track them by using the strongest place where darkness would be. With that, they left the island and began tracing the signal. It takes them to the old nest where the Red Death resides. There, Arc and the dragons started to search around.

Toothless: (roars)

Arcturus: this is where that big beast should be. Is there an area where it might be?

Stormfly: (roars)

Arcturus: that's a good point. We should maybe check out the other side of the island. Perhaps we'll find it. Or at least a hint to tell us where it might be.

Hookfag: (growls)

Arcturus: yes, we're suppose to do this. I respect that you don't care, but if we don't stop it, people and dragons will get killed by that beast.

Hookfag: (roars)

Toothless: (roars)

Arcturus: oi! No swearing!

The others observed the scene playing out. While Team Light was use to this, the Hooligans just looked at him like he lost his mind.

Fishlegs: is he having a full conversation with the dragons?

Naminé: yep. Arc has a knack for understanding languages, including animals.

Tuffnut: I understand him. To me, Chicken's the only one I can understand.

Ruffnut: may'haps he has his own chicken.

Axel: well, he does live with a wolf.

Sora: changing the subject, how did you guys managed to train dragons?

Hiccup: it started with me and Toothless. Years ago, dragons and Vikings were at war with each other. They'd attack our livestock and we'd fight back. But, that changed when I shot Toothless down.

Goofy: you shot him down?

Hiccup: back then, I didn't exactly fit in with everyone.

Snotlout: that's an understatement.

Ruffnut: yeah, he basically screwed everything up by destroying things, letting dragons escape, destroying more things.

Hiccup: (sarcastic) thank you for that, Ruff.

Blake: so, you shot him down. What happened after that?

Hiccup: I found him in the woods outside the village. (Remembers meeting him) at first, I thought if I killed him, I could finally prove to everyone that I could be like them. But, I realized Toothless was as frightened and lonely as I was. So, I let him go. But, his tail was damaged, so he couldn't leave the island.

Astrid: and, after earning his trust, those two became inseparable. And later on, he helped teach us to train other dragons, and we became the dragon riders.

Kairi: that's so cool.

Hiccup: yeah, and when Toothless bonds with you well, he's equivalent to an overgrown cat.

Goofy: we've seen a few dragons before. In fact, Arcturus's actually met some, and even fought a bad one.

Roxas: speaking of bad ones, what's there to this Drago and his Bewilder Beast?

Fishlegs: the Bewilder Beast is like the king of dragons. Legends say, they can control any dragon they desire with a specific call from them. It's awesome!

Astrid: we tried to convince him that dragons don't have to be a threat, but he refused to listen, and nearly destroyed Berk.

Hiccup: he killed anyone who stood in his way... Including my father.

The memory was sad for Hiccup. At first, Stoick the Vast hated dragons with a passion, especially when he believed that they killed his wife, Valka. But, through Hiccup, his eyes were opened and he learned that the dragons were just creatures trying to survive like them. But during a fight with Drago, he was killed saving Hiccup. What made it worse, was that Hiccup was the one who killed him when he was under the influence of the Bewilder Beast.

Hiccup: Toothless and I stopped him when Toothless became the new alpha. But, he and Drago got away.

Ventus: well, now you guys don't have to fight him alone.

Sora: yeah! We'll stop him and help end this.

Arcturus: hey guys! You might wanna see this!

They all hurry to where Arc is, and when they arrive, they see the Bewilder Beast coming up from the water. On him, they see a man with black dreadlocks,a beard, a cloak made of dragon scales, and a staff of some kind. The riders immediately glared at him.

Dragon Riders: Drago!

Drago: the riders from Berk. It's been a long time. I've come to reclaim what is rightfully mine!

Sora: if you want the dragons, then forget it!

Donald: yeah! Toothless's is the alpha!

Drago: I no longer care for that Night Fury. With my new power, I will command a new army of dragons, and crush Berk once and for all! Beast, kill them!

The dragon heard his command, and launched a powerful ice attack. The team had little time to react as Arc managed to get a few of them away and Sora, Terra, Aqua, Yang, Weiss, and Arc managed to combine a powerful fire blast that with Arc running fast enough, managed to generate a shield with the flames that melted the ice to protect them.

Sora: this thing breathes ice!?

Hiccup: every dragon's different.

Terra: it looks like Drago still holds an influence over it.

Yang: if we can break that influence, we can stop the dragon.

Arcturus: any thoughts, Clara?

Clara: we have to separate them. But, more Heartless are coming in.

Sora: guys, the Heartless are coming.

Hiccup: alright. Riders, handle the Heartless. We'll deal with the Bewilder Beast!

Sora: Ventus, Xion, Kairi, Naminé, Ruby, Goofy, Donald, help them on the StormStriker. (Turns to the others) Riku, Arc, Roxas, Blake, Yang, think you can handle the dragon?

Arcturus: we got this.

Hiccup and Sora get on Toothless and take off to the skies to attack Drago. Aqua and Terra got their gliders ready and took off. Drago was knocked off the dragon, but he still gave commands the beast to attack. Yang and Riku dealt some heavy blows to daze it, and Riku, Roxas, and Arc moved fast enough to slice through the ice and knocked it back. Arcturus then switches to his dragon hand.

Riku: going Dragon King?

Arcturus: no, but I have an idea.

He runs to the top of the dragon and places his hand on its face. Before it could fight back, the hand blows and Arc's eyes go dragon eyes. The beast suddenly stops, and is in a trance. After a moment, everyone got off the dragon, and he suddenly turns and leaves into the ocean.

Drago: what!? What are you doing!? Get back you beast! I am your master!

Arcturus: not anymore.

Hiccup: it's over, Drago.

Drago: no! I refuse to loose to you, boy! I will stop at nothing until you're all dead!

A dark aura radiates off him, and the Heartless begin to swarm around him. He's screaming in pain, but they fall on deaf ears and the heartless formed into a giant shape of Toothless, like when the Night Terrors form into a giant flock together to defend against predators.

Tuffnut: they're ripping off Smidvard and the gang!

Fishlegs: oh Thor...

Astrid: what happened?

Aqua: his heart's been lost to darkness.

Mickey: we have to stop him!

Hiccup: let's do it!

Snotlout: Snotlout! Snotlout! Oi, oi, oi!

Sora: let's go!

Arcturus: (goes Celestial Form) rip 'em up!

All armed with their weapons and dragons, they ride to the sky. They all alternated with their attacks, from magic to weapon combos. Towards the end, they trigger a Limit Break called "ALPHA ROAR." Toothless's scales glow blue and gains a fierce primal expression, and the team all gain glowing green dragon eyes. Their Keyblades then ignited with blue fire, and they all released multiple slashes that left behind burn marks. To finish it off, they all released a powerful roar that was so great, it literally ripped them up.

The dragon heartless were all destroyed, and Sora and Arc received new Keyblades.

Dragon Gear (Sora)

Alpha's Fang (Arc)

Form changes for both: Musphilheim (a shoulder armor piece that enables them to fire swords made of fire that can penetrate enemies and bring powerful flame damage. Level up to increase effect.)

They returned to Berk to assess their progress.

Sora: with Drago gone, you guys shouldn't have to worry about anymore dangerous Heartless.

Hiccup: thanks, you guys. I honestly don't know what we could've done without you guys.

Kairi: it's what friends do.

Astrid: though, there's still one question; what happened to the Bewilderbeast?

Arcturus: I opened his eyes. His conscious was clouded with negativity on believing that everything his master was commanding him to do was right. All I did was cleared his mind, and gave him a choice to choose his own path.

Ruby: whoa! Since when can you do that?

Arcturus: honestly, I just used it.

Sora: wait, so you mean that you could've died right there and then?

Arcturus: probably.

Sora: why do you do this!?

Arcturus: do what?

Sora: pull dangerous stunts! Just because you heal fast, doesn't mean you're invincible. You could get killed!

Arcturus: oh, you're one to talk! How many times did you pull of crazy shot like that and just casually say it's no big deal!?

The two keep arguing, and the others just turned to each other.

Hiccup: are they related in some way?

Riku: no, but they bicker like brothers.

Roxas: they'd be the weirdest ones.

Axel: it almost reminds me of Isa and I.

Xion: no, I'm pretty sure you both would be weirder.

The group laughs, and after the two stop fighting, they head over to Gobber's black smith to upgrade their gear. Afterwards, there was one more thing that they wanted to do.

Up in the sky, Arc, Ruby, and Sora we're flying with Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid, and Stormfly. While Sora was riding with Hiccup and Ruby with Astrid, Arc would jump back and forth between them while in the air.

Sora: this is amazing!

Hiccup: yeah! It's the best part about flying.

Astrid: that and the view.

Ruby: it's incredible! (Turns to Arc) how's it for you, Arc.

Arcturus: (jumps in the air before landing gracefully on Toothless) this is awesome! I love this place!

They laugh and soon they do a dive bomb with the dragons having Arc in between them. He spins and the dragons smile at Arc before he generates enough lightning that before they land, it bursts and they all take off soaring to the sky.

Author's note: more dragons here!
HTTYD is one of my favorite series ever made. I hope they do at least one more tv show that takes place after the second move so we can see Hiccup's journey as a chief, and more dragons. Not to mention, find out what happened to Drago.
With the Bewilderbeast, he's off to the Hidden World where he won't cause trouble.
I don't own Dragon Gear, it belongs to its original owner. The form change applies to both blades.
I hope you like the references I made on some other iconic characters from the show. Honestly, I prefer FishlegsxHeather more than the weird ass love triangle in the second movie.
For some worlds, instead of the Moogle hologram in some places, there'll be people related here. On this one, they're none other than Gobber.
For the world environment, it's like the Caribbean where multiple islands are explorable and they can find treasures and fight enemies. They can only access them by the StormStriker, which will only make an appearance here.

Next chapter: everybody was Kung fu fighting!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 149 10
Many people have different versions of themselves scattered throughout the multiverse. Unfortunately, due to certain events in the multiverse, realit...
2.6K 161 8
#. twst + kh x reader! → whenever visiting a new world, you're never supposed to mention the ones that came before it. they must never know of one a...
6.5K 85 21
Here's the 6th adventure of the Kingdom Hearts journeys. Staying behind to find their three missing friends, Sora, and some of his friends look aroun...
11.8K 103 34
Set after the events of KH3: DW. Our Guardians of Light are back! After some time of searching, our heroes have a new lead on where Sora might be. H...