Kehne Ko Humsafar

By jahan0494

What happened when two people marry each other in an arranged marriage who they only met once? Will their lif... More

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Delhi Wala Gang
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Blue Family
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Epilogue
Cursed By Flames
Not So Fairytale-ish

Part 16

1.1K 65 8
By jahan0494

They reach the parking of Darshan's building after 20 minutes. It's 1:45 now. Darshan gets out from his side and opens the door for Jaimi. Darshan holds his hand out as he sees Jaimi struggling to get out of the car due to her heavy lehenga. Jaimi takes his hand and gets out of the car. Jyugal and Hardik open the back of the car and get Jaimi's bag. They all take the elevator to Darshan's flat. Jaimi feels a bit awkward as people were looking at them from their windows and all. The door to Darshan's flat is open as Jaya aunty is standing at the door with aarti ki thali. She does Darshan and Jaimi's aarti then sprinkles flower a few flower petals on them. She puts a copper urn before Jaimi's feet that is filled with rice.

Jaya: Jaimi, apne right pair so laat maaro!

Jaimi: Ji!

Jaimi lightly kicks the urn and the rice falls out of it as the urn falls. Then, Esha places a tray which had vermilion paste in it and then, she lays down a clean white cloth in front of the tray.

Jaya: Tum apne pair kumkum wale karo aur phir kapde pe chalo taaki tumhare pairo ki chaap pad jaae is pe.

Jaimi: Thik hai.

Jaimi picks up her lehenga and steps into the tray. Then, she walks on the white cloth leaving behind her red footprints. Darshan walks around the cloth. Jyugal and Hardik come into the house with Jaimi's bag.

Esha: Jaimi aur Bhai aap dono aamne saamne baith jaiye!

Darshan: Kyu?

Esha: Game khelne ke liye!

Darshan: Raat ke do baje kaun game khelta hain?

Jaya: Tum dono kheloge abhi par usse pehle Rajal bhabhi aur bhagwan ke aashivaad lelo.

Darshan nods his head and walks towards the small temple in the house with Jaimi. They fold their hands and then, close their eyes to pray.

Jaimi: Is that your mom?

Darshan: Yeah!

Jaimi: She's beautiful!

Darshan: I know!

They both side down on the little setup made in the living room with two chairs and a table. There's a tray placed on the table with vermillion and water mixed liquid in the tray.

Jaya: Iss rasam ko Aeki Beki kehte hai aur mein iss mein ek anguthi daalungi. Tum dono ko anguthi teen baar dhundh ni hai.

Esha: Iss rasam mein kehte hai ki jo zyada baar anguthi dhundhta hai woh dominant karta hai. Jaimi jeetna hai!

Jaimi smiles at Esha while Darshan frowns.

Darshan: Tu meri behen haina?

Esha: Haan, par mein Jaimi ki childhood friend bhi toh hoon! Aur waise bhi you know girl power and all?

Darshan: Yeah!

Jaya: Ab rasam shuru karte hai! Phir, kal subah bhi rasamein karni hai.

Jaya aunty drops the ring in the tray and stirs it. Jaimi and Darshan put their hand in the tray and start searching for the ring. Jaimi and Darshan's hand touch each other's a lot and every time it does a shock runs through Jaimi's body. Jyugal and Hardik are cheering Darshan while Esha is cheering Jaimi. Jaimi find the ring the first time. Darshan finds it the second time. Then, Jaimi finds the ring the third time and wins.

Esha: See bro, girl power won!

Darshan: Definitely!

The girls clean up and then, everybody is gathered in the living room.

Jaya: Ab chalo aap sab so jaao sab aur hum bhi nikalte hai. Jaimi, kal tumari pehle rasoi aur Pag phere ki rasam hai toh 7 baje ready ho jaana aur saree pehenana.

Jaimi: Thik hai.

Esha and her parents leave after bidding everyone good night. Hardik and Jyugal are leaving as well so Darshan goes to see them off.

Hardik: Good luck!

Jyugal: Bhai, best of luck! 

Darshan: Tum dono ne pee rakhi hai, kya?

Jyugal: Nahi! Hum kyu peenge?

Darshan: Toh yeh good luck aur best of luck kya hai? Mein sone jaa raha hoon koi jung pe nahi.

Hardik: Haan woh toh baadme pata chalega!

Darshan: Subah ke do baje ko tum dono ko abhi thappad marunga. Bawkas kar rahe ho! Good night!

Jyugal/Hardik: Good night!

The two leave and Darshan closes the door behind them. He walks back to the living room and sees Bhavya playing with Jaimi.

RU: Mein bhi so jaata hoon! Bhavya chalo.

Bhavya clings to Jaimi.

Bhavya: No! Mein Ki ke saath hi sounga.

RU: Nahi! Woh dono bahot thak gae hai tum phir kabhi so jaana unke saath.

Rajendra uncle holds his hands out but Bhavya doesn't leave Jaimi.

Darshan: Pappa, woh humare saath so jaaega. Aap bhi thak gae hai toh so jaiye.

RU: Thik hai. Good night!

Rajendra uncle goes to his bedroom and goes to sleep. Darshan and Jaimi also go to their bedroom. Jaimi is glad to see that the bedroom is neatly organized. Darshan places Jaimi's bag on the side and takes out his nightwear from his wardrobe.

Darshan: Mein change karke aata hoon!

Jaimi nods her head.

Jaimi: Bhavya ke kapde kaha hain?

Darshan: Uski bag mein!

Jaimi: Ok.

Darshan goes to the bathroom with his clothes. She lays Bhavya down on the bed and opens his bag which is on the side beside hers. She takes out his nightwear and puts the bag where it was. She changes Bhavya's diaper then, his clothes. She throws them into the laundry basket. She pats Bhavya to sleep. Darshan comes out and sees her patting Bhavya.

Darshan: Jaimi!

Jaimi: Sshh...

Darshan: Sorry! (Whispering)

Jaimi covers Bhavya up in the blanket and places a pillow between him and the bed back for safety. She gets up from the bed and stands in front of Darshan. Her breath hitches seeing him in a light blue long t-shirt and sweatpants. The cherry on the cakes is his messy hair which makes him look super cute.

Jaimi: Tum kuch keh rahe the?

Darshan: Nahi! Woh toh mein keh raha tha ki tum change karlo.

Jaimi: Yeah!

Jaimi gets her nightwear from her bag and then, she stands in front of the dressing table trying to get rid of all the pins on her lehenga and in her hair. She easily takes out all the pins from hair, but she has a problem trying to take out the safety pin on her back that's securing the dupatta to the blouse. Darshan sees a glass of saffron milk on the side table. He picks it up and looks at it.

Darshan: Yeh milk tumhara hain?

Jaimi: Nahi!

Darshan drinks the glass of milk then, takes the glass to the kitchen and washes it. He comes back to the bedroom and locks the door behind him. He sees Jaimi struggling to take out the safety pin. He stands there reluctant to ask if she needs help. He thinks about it for a minute.

Darshan: Do you need help?

Jaimi: Yeah, please.

Jaimi mentally curses herself for agreeing. Darshan walks up behind her and tries to remove the safety pin without ripping her blouse or hurting her. Jaimi shivers as his fingers come in contact with her bare skin.

Jaimi: (In mind: Pagal ladki! Tune madad ke liye haa kyu kaha? Mere paas ko option tha kya! Ab in sab baato ko soch ke kya fayda woh mera pati hain. Aaj nahi toh kabhi na kabhi...)

Jaimi's trance breaks as the safety pin pinch her skin.

Jaimi: Aaah!

Darshan: I'm so sorry!

Jaimi: Nahi! It's fine.

Darshan takes out the safety pin and puts it on the table. Jaimi's dupatta slips off her shoulder before she could grab it. It falls on the floor. Jaimi looks down at the floor feeling exposed. Darshan gets the dupatta and hands it Jaimi. He sits on the bed and looks through his phone. Jaimi goes to the bathroom and changes into her pajama set. She comes out after a few minutes and finds Darshan sleeping beside Bhavya. She carefully folds her lehenga and packs in the box it came in. She places the bag on the window seat. She turns off the lights and lays down beside Bhavya. She kisses his forehead and admires Darshan as he's sleeping peacefully. She sets her phone alarm for 5:30 in the moning. Then, she goes to sleep after pulling the comforter over them and running her fingers through Darshan's soft hair. 

Jaimi's alarm rings at 5:30 in the morning. She quickly turns it off. She grabs the towels off of her bag and goes to the bathroom. She brushes her teeth and takes a quick shower. She dries herself and wraps the towel around her. She wraps a towel around her wet hair. She goes out of the bathroom in just a towel like she does every day. She is still sleepy as she only had two and a half hours of sleep. She stands in front of the mirror around 6:05. She takes out the towel around her hair and moves her hair to one side. She starts drying them with the towel. Darshan partially wakes up. He sees Jaimi doing her hair but he falls asleep again before he could react to it. Jaimi takes out a saree from her bag and starts to drape it. She wears the saree by 6:45 and then, does her hair in a puffed bun. Darshan wakes up and walks towards the bathroom. Jaimi is standing in front of the dressing table which is beside the bathroom door after doing her hair. She sees a male behind her and gets shocked. She turns to her side to stand in front of the male. She is about to scream, but Darshan covers her mouth with his right hand while placing the left hand behind her neck. He walks towards her and she walks backward until she hits the wall. Jaimi's breathing has become swift. She looks at Darshan and tries to calm her racing heartbeat. Darshan bores into her deep black eyes and she looks into his. Jaimi looks away when she couldn't take handle the butterflies in her stomach. Darshan steps back and he accidentally steps on her saree while doing that. The pleats on Jaimi's saree on her hips fall loose and it falls on the floor. He looks down at it and a sense of guilt rises in him as he sees Jaimi's expressions.

Darshan: I... I... am sorry! I didn't mean to do that at all. I'm sorry!

Jaimi: It... it's... ok.

Darshan: I am really sorry! Mera aisa koi irada nahi tha.

Jaimi: It's fine. Mein thik kardeti hoon.

Darshan: Sorry!

Darshan goes to the bathroom while Jaimi picks up the saree and starts making pleats while standing in front of the dressing table. Darshan comes out of the bathroom after a minute and lays down on the bed again. He opens his one eye after a minute and looks at Jaimi. There's an open safety pin in her mouth while she's arranging the pleats. Darshan can see the frustration on her face as the pleats continuously fall apart. He senses a bit of guilt again and gets up from the bed. He sits down in front of her and starts arranging the pleats at the knee level. Jaimi gets surprised by his action but doesn't dare to protest back. She slides the pleats inside her leggings she's wearing underneath the saree and bends to help Darshan in arranging the pleats. Darshan takes the safety pin from her mouth while she's holding her pleats together. His finger brushes her soft cloud-like pink lips. Darshan shakes off the thoughts and secures the pleats with the safety pin. He gets up from his spot afterward and stands in front of Jaimi who he can tell from her expression that she's tired. 

Jaimi: Thank you!

Darshan nods his head. Jaimi leaves the room to open the door as the bell rang. He goes back to sleep. Jaimi opens the door and lets Esha into the house.

Esha: Good morning!

Jaimi: Good morning!

Esha: Mummy ko bahar jaana tha toh unhone mujhe bhej diya tumhari help ke liye.

Jaimi: Help?

Esha: Haan! Aaj tumhari Pag phere ki rasam hai toh tumhara bhai aur kuch friends aate hain tumhe ghar leke jaane ke liye. Toh unn sab ke liye lunch banana hoga aur tumhari aaj pehli rasoi hai toh tumhe aaj sweet dish banani haina.

Jaimi: Oh... yeah.

Esha: Tum kya banane wali ho?

Jaimi: I don't know! Tum kuch suggest karo.

Esha: Mujhe koi sweet dish banani aati nahi hai toh kya suggest karu. Tujhe jo dish easy padti hai woh banade.

Jaimi: Rasmalai pasand hai?

Esha: Haan par Rasmalai toh dessert consider hota hai Gujarati household mein toh kuch aisa jo khaane ke saath khaa sakhte hai.

Jaimi: Mein Basundi aur Rasmalai dono bana deti hoon!

Esha: Ok, but tum tumhare ghar pe phone karke puch le ki kitne log aane wale hai taaki hum khaane ki taiyaari kar sakhe.

Jaimi: Thik hai! Mera phone room mein hai toh mein leke aati hoon.

Jaimi grabs her phone from the room. She sees that Bhavya and Darshan have thrown the comforter off of them. She covers them in comforter again as it's pretty cold. She goes to the kitchen where Esha is checking for some ingredients. Jaimi calls Jaya aunty.

Jaimi: Hello!

Jaya: Good morning beta! How are you?

Jaimi: Good morning! Mein thik hoon. Aap sab kaise hai?

Jaya: Tujhe bahot miss kar rahe hain! Tu sab kuch manage toh karlenge na? Tujhe koi bhi help chahiye ya problem ho toh mujhe kehna.

Jaimi: Of course! Meine yeh puchne ke liye phone kiya tha ki aaj yaha kaun kaun aa raha hain?

Jaya: Ayesha aur Aarush ka toh tair hai. Meera aur Neel Somanth gae hai unki family ke saath toh tum Armaan, Amaal, aur tumhare Delhi wale friends ko pooch lo.

Jaimi: Delhi wale friends toh aaj ghoomne gae hai. Mein un dono ko phone karke pooch leti hoon. 

Jaya: Thik hai! Tujhe koi bhi help chahiye toh mujhe call karna aur zyada stress mat lena... aur apna khyaal rakhna.

Jaimi: Thik hai. Aap sab bhi apna khyaal rakhna.

Jaya aunty hangs up the call.

Esha: Kitne log aa rahe hain?

Jaimi: Ayesha aur Aarush bhai aa rahe hain. Mein Maan aur Bhai ko phone karke poochti hoon ki woh dono aaenge ya nahi.

Esha: Ok! (Excited)

Jaimi gives her a questioning look at her excitement hearing Armaan and Bhai but decides to ignore it for now. She calls Amaal.

Amaal: Jai! Mein so raha hoon.

Jaimi: Bro, do minute hi lagenge meri baat ko.

Amaal: Thik hai. (Sleepy)

Jaimi: Kya aap aur Maan aaj yaha khane ke liye aa sakhte ho. Ek rasam aaj hain toh usmein Bhai ko aana hota hai.

Amaal: Thik hai!

Jaimi: Uncle aunty ko bhi lete hue aana!

Amaal: Woh dono ghumne jaane wale hai! Hum dono aa jaaenge. Bye!

Jaimi: Mein aapo time aur address message kar dungi.

Amaal: Ok, bye!

Amaal hangs up the call before Jaimi could say anything. Jaimi looks at Esha who is looking at her with a smile that Jaimi finds odd.

Jaimi: Woh dono aa rahe hai.

Esha almost jumps in excitement.

Jaimi: Why are you so excited?

Esha: What? Me? No! Definitely not. Toh hum total 12 log hue.

Jaimi: 12 kaise?

Esha: Armaan, me, you, Amaal, Bhai, Uncle, Ayesha, Aarush, Mom, Dad, Jyugal, and Hardik bhai.

Jaimi: Ok!

Esha: Hume paas wale supermarket jaana hoga! Kuch ingridents nahi hai toh tum bhi list bana do ki tumhe kya chahiye taki leke aa sakhte hai.

Jaimi: Thik hai.

The two quickly make a list of what they need. Jaimi grabs her purse from the room and the two leave to get groceries. They walk to the supermarket which is a 15-minute walk from Darshan's building. They reach the supermarket after 15 minutes and get a cart. They start shopping.

Jaimi: Esha, ek baat sach sach batana!

Esha: Thik hai!

Jaimi: Tujhe Maan ya Bhai mein se koi pasand hai?

Esha: Nahi! Kuch bhi bol rahi hai tu.

Jaimi: Nahi meine jo dekha wohi kaha.

Esha: Tune kya dekha?

Jaimi: Meine dekha kaise tu Maan aur Bhai ka naam sunke khush gae aur thodi red bhi toh yeh kehde ki kaun pasand hai?

Esha: Nahi waisa kuch nahi hai!

Jaimi: I promise mein kisi se kuch nahi kahungi except for Ayesha aur Meera. I swear!

Esha: Pakka?

Jaimi: Pakka!

Esha: I like Armaan, but kisi se kehna mat please especially Bhai aur Armaan ko.

Jaimi: Chill! I won't tell anyone.

Esha: Tujhe pata hai ki nahi?

Jaimi: Kya?

Esha: Kal shaam ko muh dikhai hai teri!

Jaimi: What? Mujhe kisine kuch kaha kyu nahi?

Esha: Bhul gae honge kyu ki kal raat ko sab bahot thak gae the!

Jaimi: Kitne baje hai?

Esha: 7 baje! Kuch auntiyan hi aa rahi hain. Thodi der baithengi aur phir chali jaaegi.

Jaimi: I hope ki yeh hi ho! Teri aaj raat ke liye dress ready hai?

Esha: Yes. I'm so excited for the reception. 

Jaimi: Yeah. 

They get what they need and walk back to the house. Rajendra uncle, Bhavya, and Darshan are still sleeping. They quietly start making lunch. Jaimi starts making Rasmalai and Basundi while helping Esha with other dishes. Jaimi makes Rasmalai and Basundi by 10. She stores them in the refrigerator. Esha and her finish making aloo ki sabzi, daal, rice, khaman, chutney, kaala chana ki sabzi, and they knit the dough for the puri by 11. Rajendra uncle walks out of his room just then, after getting fresh. Esha takes tea for him while Jaimi washes the dishes. Esha cleans up the kitchen.

Esha: Lunch ek baje rakhte hai! Tum tab tak uncle ko yeh naashta dedo aur bhai ko utha do.

Jaimi: Uh... thik hai.

Jaimi takes some snacks to the living room where Rajendra uncle is sitting. He's sipping his tea while watching the news. Jaimi puts the snacks on the center table before him.

Jaimi: Good morning uncle!

RU: Good morning beta! Sahabzade uthe ya nahi?

Jaimi: Nahi! Mein abhi utha ne hi jaa rahi hoon.

RU: Thik hai! Kal shaam ko muh dikhai hai woh Esha ne bataya tumhe?

Jaimi: Ji!

RU: Tum dono ne lunch ki taiyaari kar di hai?

Jaimi: Haan! Ek baje tak lunch ke liye sab log aa jaaenge.

RU: Thik hai! Tumhe kuch bhi chahiye ya phir koi takleef ho toh bejhijhak keh dena. Aur zyada stress mat lena in sab rasmo aur in sabka. Aaj shagun ka din hai iss liye par kal se tum jo chaho woh pehen sakhti ho. 

Jaimi: Ji uncle!

RU: Darshan ko utha do warna shaam tak sota hi rahenga.

Jaimi: Ji!

Jaimi goes to the bedroom while she texts Amaal and Armaan the address and time for lunch.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Darshan is being very warm towards Jaimi. Rajendra Uncle is also very caring along with Esha towards Jaimi. Esha and she have been bonding very well.

What will happen during lunch? Will Darshan and Jaimi continue to be friendly and warm towards each other or will their life change gears?

Thank you for reading! I know many of you are going to say that I left a cliff hanger, but it's not that at all. I just want to know what you guys think about Darshan and Jaimi's relationship till yet and what do you will happen next. Also, I didn't want to make it too long I hope I didn't bore you guys. Tell me your thoughts by commenting. ~Jahan💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 2.5K 43
People say that love is never an accident, it is destined!!! What if two people who are a complete opposite of each other become partners? How will...
59.1K 1.7K 44
A 19 years old girl, forcefully married in a rich family of there caste by her parents. The bride and groom both hating the idea of arranged marriage...
1.7M 72.5K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
638K 24.2K 87
Beautiful cover by : @xCherryBlossomx. 💞 Thank you so much for this cover. Hope you like it, as it's my first story... DON'T THINK IT'S NORMAL ARR...