fix you (13rw)

By svtfanboi

Alex Standall has been crushing on his best friend, Zach Dempsey, for almost a year. Things changed when he a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 41

1.2K 46 29
By svtfanboi

Zach

I just came to work, I was late so I made sure I apologized to Beth, the owner of Rosie's Diner. She just shrugged it off and told me to put on the apron and start working. There were an ample amount of people walking in and out of the diner, so I didnt have any free time to just goof around texting Alex.

There were some familiar faces that came in, I saw some people from my batch, some of them from lower grades. They looked shocked and surprised to see me working here but they didnt say anything, they just nodded at me and nodding back was the only appropriate response.

I was busy, punching orders and giving changes to customers, so I didnt get to check my phone for any important messages. I was sure Alex would understand, I was now living in his house. He told me he would pick me up after my shift, how the tables have turned, never in a million years I would have thought of it happening. It was always me picking Alex up, always giving him a ride, not the other way around.

There was a gay couple that came in, I was busy watching them, envying them. They looked proud and comfortable being themselves, they looked happy. I wanted that same relationship with Alex, I should definitely take him here on one of my day off, treat him on our first day without worrying if other people would see us. I was envisioning Alex and I on the same booth the gay couple were, holding each other hands in front of my co-workers and other customers.

We were understaffed at the moment because one of the waiter got sick, so if I was not needed on the cashier, I would also help serving food. I went inside the cooking area and took the order of an old woman eating alone, I served it and she asked for an extra napkin. I was about to get some on the utensils area when I saw a familiar woman walking inside the store. It was not just some random woman, it was a woman I knew since I was a kid, a woman who fed me and gave me a roof on my head. It was my mother, she was looking around, probably looking for me.

My first instinct was to hide, I was not expecting to hear from her, so seeing her took me by surprise. Talk to her. She was still my mother, were binded by blood. There was a glimpse of hope in the back of my mind. Did she change her mind? Does she want her son back? Was she more accepting now? The things I would never get an answer to if I choose to chicken out and not face her.

I was thinking of what decision to make, but it was already too late because she already saw me. I heard her voice call my name, when I looked up to her, I saw the longing in her eyes. She looked like an important part of her was taken away from her.

We were now sitting on an empty booth. Beth walked to us, she asked what I was doing and my mom answered for me, she told Beth that I was her son and that she needed to talk to me. Beth didnt care, she said it was my time to work and that I was getting paid, my mom handed her a handful of cash she took from her wallet. That seemed to shut Beth off.

"Thirty minutes, I'll take over the cashier for now." Beth walked off, shaking her head. I muttered an apology, which I wasnt sure if she heard.

"Zach," My mom held my hand. She looked like she was about to cry, the bags under her eyes were visible. "We miss you, me and your sister. The house doesnt feel complete without you in it."

"You kicked me out." It wasnt my choice to leave the house, she forced me to. She made me choose between her and being free and true to what I was feeling.

"And now I want you back," My mom touched my cheek, she rubbed it lovingly. "You look so thin, have you been eating?"

"I have," I looked at her. Was this true? Does she really want me back? "How did you know where I was working?"

"I asked May," She fixed my hair like a proud mom she was, I missed her too, I missed having a parental figure guiding my steps too. "Zach, you can go home now."

"Mom," What even is home? Seeing her face reminded me of all the good things she had done for me, but it never reminded me of home. "Do you accept me now?"

"We'll talk about it when we get home," She nodded. But I wanted answers now, why couldnt she give it to me? "Let's go home now, son."

"I'm on my shift," I looked at the time, it was still early not even half of my ship was done. "Can we talk about it now?"

"Zach," She breathed out. What would come out of her mouth was not in my control. The tone of her voice was very persuading. "I told my friend about your situation... And she told me about this small Christian school that I think can help you with what you're feeling."

"Mom." I knew it was too good to be true, being free and having my mom back at the same time was too good to be true.

"It could help fix you, Zach." I wanted to cry hearing those words from my mom, I was not expecting a happy ending but I was not expecting her to try and fix me when there was nothing wrong with me in the first place.

"Mom, please." Hearing her say all of this felt like I was getting disowned for the second time around. The glimmer of hope that maybe my mom would accept me was now gone.

"I've read about it online," She sounded like she was pleading, she wanted me to agree with her and come home with her. "They cured alot of kids like you."

"Cure?" I was trying my best not to raise my voice, she was still my mother and I would like to remain respectful towards her. "Do you think what I have is some illness that needs to be cured?"

"Zach, that's not what I meant." But I knew my mom, that was what she meant. She was just back pedalling, afraid I wouldnt come with her.

"Mom, I dont need fixing." I said with my stern voice, I was fighting the tears from falling, I couldnt show my mom how vulnerable I was right now. "I dont have a disease."

"Zach, trust me." She reached for my hand but I didnt let her touch me. "This is for your own good."

"I've never been this happy all my life, why couldnt you just be there to support me." A parent should always be there to make sure their kids were safe, my mother was willing to hand me to these christian people who hated and despised people that werent straight. "Leave."

"Zach I-" I didnt want to hear her anymore. I was happy, happy with Alex, she had the nerve to come back into my life and ruin that tiny speck of happiness.

"Please, leave." I said a little loudly that I was sure some customer and my co-worker heard us.

"Zach, please come home." But I remained silent, not answering her plead. "It's Alex, I think he's influencing you."

"He's not," I could feel both of my hands shaking. How dare she drag Alex's name into this? Alex was the only one that didnt leave me when she kicked me out of her house, he was here when she failed to be my mother. "He's letting me stay at his place, he's giving me free food everyday, he's giving me a comfortable place to sleep in. He's been here for me when you kicked me out of your house."

"So please," I looked her directly into her eyes. "Leave."

I stood up and walked away from my mom, I made my way into the back door of the diner. It usually was the smoking area of some of the employee but thankfully today it was empty. I sat on one of the metal seats and started crying. I felt like I was being kicked and punched while I was already down. Life was unfair, I thought things would finally go my way but it still wasnt. I wiped my tears and went back inside, I was still on my shift and I didnt want Beth to think I was taking advantage of her kindness and fire me. I searched around the room and my mom already left, I went back to the cashier.

"Are you okay?" Beth asked, handing me my apron back.

"Yeah," I sniffed, rubbed my eyes making sure it wasnt wet. "Thank you for covering for me."

"I hope you dont mind me asking," Beth asked a question I wasnt expecting her to ask. "But is she really your mom?"

"Yes, why?" I wore the apron back.

"Because you're a very sweet boy," Beth said without biting her tongue. "And excuse my word but she seemed like a bitch."

I couldnt help but chuckle at her statement eventhough we were talking about my mom. She went off and left me all alone managing the counter. I checked my phone and May left five missed calls. I looked at the time she were calling, it was the same time earlier while I was busy before my mom came. I dialled her number and she answered after a few rings.

"May." My voice broke again, I tried to cough it off but knowing May she already noticed it.

"She went there already didnt she?" I heard her curse on the other line. "I was going to warn you, I'm sorry."

"May," I exhaled. Hearing May's voice calmed me down a little. "Its not your fault."

"She told me when I got home earlier about that christian school," May said, she sounded sad and disappointed in herself. "I was going to warn and tell you but you werent answering. I figured you were busy."

"May, Its okay." I assured her.

"I'm sorry for telling her where you're working," May breathed out. "I just- I thought she was starting to change her mind."

"It's not your fault," I could never blame May because even I was fooled, I thought she would already accept me. "Talk to you later, there are customers."

"Okay," There was a quick pause. "I miss you, Zach."

"I miss you too." I ended the call and started tending on the customers, I apologized for taking too long on the phone.

The day went by and for a few hours I forgot about what happened. I got distracted by my work, by the customers, by the noise I was trying so hard to avoid. Closing time came and I said my farewell to Beth and my co-workers, I waited in front of the diner. A car stopped in front of me, it was Peter's car. I hopped in, Alex was the one driving, he was alone.

"Hey, you." Alex winked at me, he leaned forward, our lips met barely touching. "How was work?"

"Fine." What happened suddenly came back and filled my mind.

"Just fine?" Alex asked, he stopped the car, lowered the volume of the radio. "Did something happen?"

So I told him, told him everything. Vented the words that my mom shot at my chest. Ranted my feelings. Alex was listening, holding my hand, nodding at my every word. He was rubbing my hand, easing me as I talk. I told him how my mom wanted me back, but the catch was she would transfer me to some christian school and cure me, or fix me. I could feel Alex's anger as I continued.

"What the fuck," Alex muttered when I finished. "What kind of a mother would do something like that?"

"I know." I pressed my forehead on the steering wheel.

"I'm so sorry." Alex mumbled, holding my hand, giving it hundreds of kisses.

"You're the second person to apologize to me today," I smiled, I placed a soft kiss on Alex's lips. "It's not your fault."

"I wish I was there with you." Alex started the car again, he continued driving, not letting go of my hands.

"Beth, my boss, called my mom a bitch. Not in front of her face though." I said to lighten up the mood,that brought a smile on Alex's lips."Really, Im fine, Alex."

-

Hi. New chapter, sorry for the late update. Made the chapter longet than usual for the days I didnt get to write.

Thank you for the votes guys, hope you still continue to support this story. We're so close to the ending now.

- G

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.1K 38
- What if 𝙉atalia can't except getting things thrown at her anymore? αΆœΛ‘α΅ƒΚΈ ʲᡉⁿ˒ᡉⁿ 𝙉atalia 𝘽exley was an or...
15.9K 821 24
❛ we were too close to the stars, i never knew somebody like you, somebody. falling just as hard, i'd rather lose somebody than use somebody. ❜ κ’° πŸ“Ό...
1.6K 102 25
When Samuel finds himself lost and incapable of facing his problems and the whole lot of insecurities he'd built up from childhood, he comes to reali...
506 48 25
This is a story about 17-18 year old's lives and how who they are sometimes isn't accepted and how it really affects them. Its also about surprise, a...