I Choose You

By Glass__Shadow

"You know me well enough, Mare, I will always choose you," After Mare chooses Maven after trials and tribula... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
A/N: My Opinions
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One

Seventeen

994 32 37
By Glass__Shadow

Shade

Farley gets released tomorrow, I can finally see her, and my unborn child.  From my fogged memory, she should be giving birth about a month after Evangeline.  

Evangeline. 

She was always on the Scarlet Guards kill list for sure, but now that she is with child with the future prince or princess, she becomes on the 7-month waitlist for that.

Cal isn't pleased, that much is certain, he has a disdain towards Evangeline, a past at least.  Something went on between them or Evangeline wouldn't be pregnant.  I can tell by the look on Cal's jealous face that it wasn't planned.  Nothing nowadays is planned anymore.  I know I wasn't, Mother says I was a happy miracle, along with every other child she's had.  Little did she know that her first girl is on the fast track to being Queen of Norta. 

Gisa hasn't said a word, too busy with her work, she is also a little jealous of Mare, I can tell.  Trammy and Bree stay quiet, they've never informed me on much anyway.  It's a joy of being a middle child.  I just sit upstairs, fiddling with my hands while the Winter breeze blows outside, the tree branches scratching against the windows.  

Mother and Father have been silent ever since Mare chose Maven, I don't know what they think, I feel as if I am the only one who is thankful Mare chose him, she will hopefully have a full life of joy with Maven.  Maven really has changed with Mare; he must really love her then.  Mare deserves happiness after everything that she's been through, hopefully she can see Maven really cares for her. 

It feels weird being home without Mare, without her spark, the house is dull.  I am in her used-to-be room, her things were almost exactly the way they were when she left the first time.  I sit on the bed, staring out at the plague of nothingness outside.  When we were little, we all engraved our names on the windowsill, they are still there.  We did it as soon as Gisa could write, hers was really sloppy and barely legible, while everyone else's was done nicer as the child was of an older age. 

I never liked sleeping, too much can happen while you do so, that's why I acted as if I slept so I could listen into what was happening around the house. 

Nothing was going on in the house except other people's dreams, but I decided to stay awake anyway.

Who knows what can happen? 

Mare

Maven was busy tonight, he forgot he had a late council meeting with the High Houses.  It was about midnight, I couldn't but help to be worried about where he was this late.  I shouldn't be worried.  Just a month ago I wanted him dead.  Can emotions really change this fast?

Is the one thing I never let happen again happening?

Is the impossible happening?

Am I falling for Maven Calore once again? 

No, no I wouldn't let that happen.  I know he loves me, he always will.  Simply because I am me, no matter what I do he will love me.  Could I have a life with him?  I had a life with him, I once upon a time was his betrothed.  

But now, even the thought of having a life with him once again comes into view, does it sound all that bad?  Being Queen of Norta?  Ruling the nation with Maven by my side?

We already spend nights together, and I cling onto him as if he is my lifeline during my sleep.  And people say, when you sleep, who you really are shows.  Does that mean deep down I still love him? 

I love the Maven I was engaged to, not the one Elara made.  But like Maven said, Elara is gone now, dead.  I can see the old Maven coming back.  He was the one who taught me about betrayal.

But do I really want to love him again, even after what he said and did to everyone?

He tells me that he can fix everything with me as his Queen, is that him forcing me to be with him.

He did give me the choice of choosing him, he didn't force it on me, I had the ability to decide.  

And I chose him.

But however, I am not his Queen, I am just, there.

Maybe he is letting me decide that as well, giving me time.

Maybe he is just using me again. 

I don't know what to think, but do I tell Maven about my thoughts?

Honesty is a keen quality in nearly any relationship. So then, yes.  Lying to him is a lose-lose thing.  

My thoughts are caught dead when Maven walks in the room.  He always knows when I need him. 

I sit on the bed with the light on next to me on the bedside table.  He closes the door behind him and locks it.  He stands there for a moment, and walks over to his closet, I watch him.

"Do you want me to be your Queen?" I blurt out so quickly, surprised Maven made out what I had just said.  He stopped at my question.  He didn't say anything.  He just sat on the left side of the bed, perplexed.

"My Queen?" He asks me, not even making eye contact. 

"I didn't know if it came with me choosing you or not,"

"I didn't know either," He stares at his hands, processing.  "Do you want to be my Queen?" 

There's the million-dollar question.  Do I?

  "I- I don't know," I shake my head lightly.  "I was going to Princess of Norta, but now- Queen?"

My jaw shakes, this is reality, not a fairytale somewhere in a book. 

"I get it, Mare, you need time, I won't force it on you," 

His eyes leave his hands, now on me.  Those icy blue oceans I could only imagine are also reality, I bite my lip from saying something really stupid.  He stands up from the bed and goes to turn to his closet.  

"Maven?"  

He stops and turns over his shoulder, his eyes lighting up the room. 

"Forgive me," I say, I can't believe I did, but those words left my mouth.  He fully turned toward me; his eyes want me when I look into them.  It's not lustful, he just wants to know I am here, and that I love him.  He walks to the bed to meet me on the other side. 

He crawls across the bed instead of around it.  He sits on his knees when he reaches the other side.  All I can feel is my chest rising and falling, falling so hard like I am. 

"I already forgave you, Mare,"  

I purse my lips from sobs, this week has been the only week where I have cried more than anytime else. 

"Do you forgive me, Mare?"  He is still there, wanting forgiveness from me, he forgave me.  

"Yes, Maven I do," I wasn't lying now, I do forgive him.  It wasn't really him; it was who Elara wanted him to be.  I was letting my heart decide, that's a dangerous game. 

My heart was overriding all my thoughts, it was beating to loud for my brain to even say anything.  I took a step toward him, his face not even an inch away from mine.  There he was, sitting on his feet on the edge of the bed, fully clothed in his uniform with medals and a cape.  

I grabbed his arm, pulling toward me, making his lips touch mine.  I can't believe I just did that, but I did.  I didn't pull away, I did more.  His hand went behind me to my lower neck.  I let my heart take the wheel, even though it's punished me before. 

I wrap my legs around his waist one by one, now sitting on top of him, our lips moving in sync.  I didn't know what my heart was doing, but I couldn't put on the breaks now.  He didn't pull away; he pulled his legs out from underneath him.  I couldn't comprehend what the hell I was doing, but I didn't stop.  My heart wouldn't let me. 

He grabbed my shoulders, pulling me down as he laid himself onto the bed, putting me on top of him, our lips never breaking their grasp on one another, to tangled into the romance.  Being this way made my brain feel so ugly, but my heart pushed every possible thought that I had against him out of my head for the time being. 

It was as if Maven could read my thoughts, he rolled me onto my back and slid me underneath him, my legs breaking free of his waist.  He broke free from our eternity long kiss and he started to suck on my neck.  I breathed so heavily, I had to bite my lip from moaning.  

This romance was bad.

So bad. 

Here ya go!  1491 words of whatever that was, hope none of you died from cringe, like me.  hehe.  well anyway, hope you like it!  also, 250 views, jeez. 

P.S thank you to everyone, 3rd in red queen, yasssss.

Hannah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 954 35
A FEATURED @FANTASY STORY ❝NO ONE IS BORN EVIL, JUST LIKE NO ONE IS BORN ALONE. THEY BECOME THAT WAY THROUGH CHOICE AND CIRCUMSTANCE. I'M SO AFRAID O...
2.3K 7 35
This is a what if red Queen fanfic What if Mare was born a sliver What if Maven wasn't made into a monster by his mother What if mare never joined...
238K 3.8K 74
Starting right after the end of Glass Sword: What if Maven didn't keep his promise? What if he not only took Mare, but some of her most loved friends...
98.3K 1.8K 44
***This is my version of what happens in King's Cage. All characters belong to Victoria Aveyard*** Mare has been taken by Maven and is locked up...