Tenshi

By Tenshiismychild

In a classic retelling of the famous Dragon Ball Z story, a new character is introduced and inserted in the c... More

Where's Gohan?!
Kame House
Introducing, Raditz
Kidnapped
Pain
Piccolo's Suggestion

The Beginning

22 0 0
By Tenshiismychild

My feet lagged in the soil as my legs came close to crumbling to the Earth's floor for the hundredth time from the constant trek through the forest terrain. The need for food and water has long since been forgotten as my will to keep moving forward fueled my mind. The red and silky ribbon that settled on my tangled and unwashed hair depressingly swayed in the wind, reflecting the mood I've maintained for far too long. The sun beat down on my stained skin, begging me to rest and conserve my last bits of energy. 'No. I can't stop now. I need to go farther.'

I've been on my own for I-don't-know-how-many-days now with each day blending into the next with no way to tell the time of day. It had to be at least a month, maybe more. Wild tigers and bears have tried to have me as their next meal but, by some godly miracle, they failed and I lived another day. Somehow I was able to escape their grasps and sharp teeth and continue onward, clinging on to whatever snippets of life I have left. I've never been on my own before. It didn't feel right. I miss my family and friends; I miss home.

Orange City's figure has faded from my view almost as fast as I left it. All that is in my vision, and have been since I left, are trees, birds, occasional dinosaurs, and more trees.

My feet took me over to one of the thousands of trees that comprised the forest, begging me to sit down and take a break in the shade. The breeze blew over my face as I settled down on the uncomfortable ground that had pebbles digging into the back of my thighs. 'Maybe I can take a nap here. Yeah...A nap sounds nice...'

My eyes shut close and sleep quickly took over, welcoming me with open arms. The forever-repeating dream started once more, recycling from the nights before. My dreams had stayed the same ever since I left, never once changing. That day played in my mind on a repeating loop, reminding me of why I'm where I am. These dreams are what kept me going, pushing me to follow my gut. That day changed me; I no longer feared death. I learned that it's only natural and everyone has to experience it at one point. As much as I wanted to live - at least until I had a decent meal -, I wasn't scared at the idea of death. These past days? weeks? Have taught me that pain is unavoidable and there's no use in running from it. There's no point in being afraid of the inevitable.

When I woke up, I wasn't in the same place. My back wasn't leaning on a tree with pebbles burying themselves in my skin, but instead on a bed? My eyes instantly scanned the room I was placed in. The first thing I noticed was the large and wide window that overlooked the yard of the building. The sun's rays flooded the room in a natural glow, showering me in the warm light. A desk was sat across from the bed and close to the window with books stacked on top of another, papers overflowing and sticking out of the sides. The room, compared to my old one, is huge. Toy trains and blocks were neatly pushed against the corner of the bedroom, reminding me of my old games. The room wasn't as full as my own or my friends' with only a bed, desk, and a closet inside. Everything was clean and organized and it felt wrong being in here. For one, I was in a stranger's home. And another, I was most likely getting the bedsheets dirty.

Before I could move and save the clean sheets from my dirt-covered body, a woman opened the door. "Oh, you're awake. Good." She went up to me and placed her hand on my forehead. "Thank goodness. I was worried you had a fever. You've been sleeping for a few hours now, dear." I didn't know what to say. Is this her home?

All I did was stare at her, hoping to make sense of what's happening. "Don't worry, you're safe. My husband found you all alone. He's trying to find your parents but he wanted to bring you here first. He said he didn't want you to be by yourself for so long. A little girl like you shouldn't be around here without her parents. Don't worry, my Goku will find them. Now come, I made lunch. Your parents will worry if you're not fed on my watch." With that, the woman walked out, leaving me to wonder.

'Her husband must have brought me here while I was asleep. How did I not wake up? Certainly, I would have awoken by the sounds of the car? Or at least the forest's rocky road.'

Not wanting to upset the nice woman (after all, she did place me on a really comfortable bed), I walked out of the room and got a good look at the house's interior. Nothing was out of the ordinary as photos hung on the wall and the smell of cooked rice flowed through the home. Walking further, I saw the woman setting the table with more food than I've eaten in my entire life. My stomach grumbled at the sight, catching the attention of the woman and the boy in her arms. With a tail?

"Don't be shy, come sit. We have more than enough food."

I slowly shuffled to the table, not knowing where to sit. "Sit by me!" I jumped at the sudden sound of the boy the woman put in a chair. He didn't look to be much older than me, if anything, he seemed younger. Quickly sitting down next to the boy so I didn't upset him, I stared at the food actively covering the table, with more coming. My eyes widened, "You eat this much food?" My cheeks were coated in a light blush as I realized I said that out loud. The woman didn't seem to look offended. Thank God. Instead, she chuckled, "My husband has a big appetite. Plus, when he finds your parents, there'll be plenty of food for them, too."

I felt wrong eating their gracious food right away and opted to wait for her husband to show. For now, I thanked her for the food and bed.

"No need to thank me, dear. It was the least I could do. Tell me, sweetie, how old are you? You seem a little young for your parents to leave you on your own. I'm sure they meant to be back by the time you woke up, but still." It seemed like she wanted to share her opinion further, but chose not to voice them. Most likely for mine and her son's sake. "I'm three, miss."

"Three?!" Pausing after setting the final bowl of beans, she looked at me with wide eyes. "Well, that just means you need more food."

"Oh, no, I'm fine-"

"That means you're older than me! I'm two!" The boy smiled brightly at me. "We can be friends!" Returning the smile, I nodded, "Sure!"

The door to the house opened with a man in an orange jumpsuit and spikey hair walking in, scratching his head in confusion. "Goku!" "Daddy!" The woman and boy shouted. "Did you find them, dear?"

The man, Goku, shook his head. "I looked all over the forest, but nothing. I don't know where they could be. I even went to the nearby villages and they said no one's left at all."

"Oh, well," the woman glanced back at me, "I guess we have to figure something out. We can't just leave her out there."

"She can stay with us!" The boy shouted from his seat to his parents. The two looked at each other, not knowing what to do. The woman, not wanting to talk about the situation right now, clapped her hands, "Let's eat! We'll sort everything out after!"

Goku immediately started his eating, not needing to be told twice. The woman set mine and her son's plate, stacking it with rice, beans, and, from what it looked like, fish. Her husband ate his food at great speed. By the time I was able to take my first bite, Goku had already eaten three bowls of rice and counting. The sight was certainly different from anyone I've ever met. I stared at the man, amazed by his appearance and habits. 'So this is the man that saved me.' I smiled at the thought and continued eating the delicious food.

"So dear," the woman started, making me pause and look at her, "do you know your name?" I nodded, "Tenshi. I'm sorry for not saying it earlier." She waved her hand, "No need to apologize, sweetheart. My name is Chi-Chi, and this is my husband and son, Goku and Gohan." Goku picked his head up after hearing his name. Noticing no one was talking to him, he went right back to eating.

"It's very nice to meet you. You have a lovely home. My home was nowhere as nice as this. That bed was especially very comfortable." Chi-Chi blushed but quickly looked confused. "Oh, thank you, dear. My, I never would have figured someone your age to have such an extensive vocabulary. How did you learn?"

It was my turn to blush as she and Gohan looked me at me, waiting for my response. "My mama liked to read and left her books out sometimes. She taught me how to read when she caught me looking. That was a long time ago; A bit more than a few months ago."

"Well, your mother did a fantastic job. See Gohan, you can talk just like Tenshi by doing your schoolwork. Have you done your reading, young man?" Gohan shook his head, "Not yet, mommy. I'm sorry." Chi-Chi lightly shook her head but still had a smile on her face, "It's ok, Gohan. After lunch, you can read."

"But I wanted to play with Tenshi!"

"You can do that after, Gohan. The sooner you finish, the sooner you can play."

"Okay!" Gohan quickly finished his food and went to his room, most likely to do his required reading. When the sound of his desk chair was heard screeching, Goku got up as well. "Back to more training! I'll be back for dinner. I'll even catch a fish for us!" With that, he walked back out the door and sounds of grunting could be heard.

"Training?"

"Oh, yes. My Goku is a very skilled martial artist. He even saved the world from King Piccolo and his son."

Turning to Chi-Chi with wide eyes, I exclaimed, "Really? That's so cool! He must be really strong!" Giggling, Chi-Chi nodded, "Oh yes, extremely so." She started putting the plates and bowls in the sink. I wanted to volunteer my help, but before I could, she offered the chance for me to shower. "I left some clothes next to the bed. They're Gohan's, but they should fit just fine." A shower? It's been so long since I had a proper one that I nearly forgot they existed. I missed my mama covering me in bubbles and creating hats from the soap. The bathtimes were what I looked forward to most each day. The rivers weren't the same; They lacked the feeling of home.

"Do you need help, honey? I'm more than willing to give you a bath myself."

"No, thank you, Chi-Chi. I've done them myself. Thank you, though." The occasional waterfalls that I ran into were used as a shower. Back at home, my mama mostly had me take baths, but now, I can't take one without thinking about home. Heading towards Gohan's room, I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. After hearing him say "Come in," I walked in. He had a book open, and from the looks of it, he enjoyed it as his head was buried in the pages. He turned in his chair and widened his eyes, not expecting me. "Tenshi! Hi!" I smiled, "Hello, Gohan. Don't mind me, your mom said she had clothes for me." He pointed to the end of the bed, where a pile of clothes was stacked, ready to be worn. "I helped pick them out! I hope you like them!" I blushed, "I'm sure I will, thank you. And don't worry, I'll play with you after I shower, I promise."

"Okay!" The young boy went back to his book, eyes impatiently reading the words as he got closer to the climax. I smiled at the sight and closed the bedroom door. I stepped into the bathroom that was situated across Gohan's room and took my shower. The warm water trickled down my spine and down my arms. Dirt left my body as I lathered the soap onto my body. Twigs had fallen out of my hair when the scented shampoo and conditioner were applied and my hair was combed through. At first, the brush struggled to run through my hair, but after a few more trials, the bristles were sailing on each fiber with ease. I savored the warmth in every possible way, taking in the way the stream enveloped my body as I stepped out. The bathroom's scent of lavender and honey from the shampoo and soap lingered. My hair was back to its natural soft texture, not at all tangled with grass and leaves embedded anymore. I didn't want to leave the confined space. It was nice and cool in here, despite the hot steam still present and encasing the room. However, I knew I couldn't be here all day. Pulling on the last of the borrowed clothes, I exited the bathroom, hair flowing and skin freshly washed. I left my clothes in the laundry basket with Chi-Chi previously telling me she'll wash them when she gets the chance. Tying my faithful ribbon around my head, I pushed open the bathroom door and let out a sigh. It felt really nice being clean once again. The lingering feeling of bugs crawling on my skin disappeared and I was back to having my youthful and clear skin presenting itself in it's proud glory. My promise to Gohan resurfaced and I immediately walked over to his room, once again waiting for his confirmation for me to enter. Stepping inside after hearing his voice, I passed the young boy a smile. "I promised I'd play with you, remember?" His eyes widened in pleasure, quickly dismissing the toys he was playing with. Gohan shot up and grabbed my hand, leading me outside, "This is going to be so fun!"

For the remainder of the day, the two of us ran around their large yard (which, to be honest, was the entire forest) with no cares in the world. I nearly forgot what it was like to have a sense of fun after being on my own for nearly a month (which I soon learned after peeking a look at Gohan's calendar). While we were playing our rounds of hide-and-seek, I noticed Gohan's extremely energetic and carefree behavior I hope never goes away. The young boy, although short and slow in his movements, was quick-minded in where I would be, whether he knew it or not. His brain was always working - trying to strategize his next hiding spot or working out maneuvers to catch me. Goku and Chi-Chi ended up playing with us for a little bit after Goku came back from his training, carrying the biggest fish I've ever seen on his shoulder. It was inconceivable just how amazing this family is. Chi-Chi and Goku were extremely caring, and despite me not knowing them for very long, I knew I could count on them for anything. And as the stars began to appear, and the moon started to rise, the only thing that ran in my brain was the endless amount of thankfulness I had for Goku. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 514 17
Raditz has arrived on Earth but not alone, he has brought a small Saiyan child with him a girl no older than Gohan. after recovering Gohan Goku spots...
145 10 1
Dragons, Powers, Martial Arts. Watch it all unfold through this journey with Goku and his older brother Y/n as they meet a strange woman named Bulma...
7.7K 101 22
Trunks has a Girlfriend! Who simply tells her side of the story of how she deals with him in unexpected ways but she is sick and tired of being calle...
104K 4.3K 122
This story begins with Goku training at Kami's look out to preparing to fight Piccolo Jr when a very curious girl comes to live at Kami's look out. ...