The Beginning

My feet lagged in the soil as my legs came close to crumbling to the Earth's floor for the hundredth time from the constant trek through the forest terrain. The need for food and water has long since been forgotten as my will to keep moving forward fueled my mind. The red and silky ribbon that settled on my tangled and unwashed hair depressingly swayed in the wind, reflecting the mood I've maintained for far too long. The sun beat down on my stained skin, begging me to rest and conserve my last bits of energy. 'No. I can't stop now. I need to go farther.'

I've been on my own for I-don't-know-how-many-days now with each day blending into the next with no way to tell the time of day. It had to be at least a month, maybe more. Wild tigers and bears have tried to have me as their next meal but, by some godly miracle, they failed and I lived another day. Somehow I was able to escape their grasps and sharp teeth and continue onward, clinging on to whatever snippets of life I have left. I've never been on my own before. It didn't feel right. I miss my family and friends; I miss home.

Orange City's figure has faded from my view almost as fast as I left it. All that is in my vision, and have been since I left, are trees, birds, occasional dinosaurs, and more trees.

My feet took me over to one of the thousands of trees that comprised the forest, begging me to sit down and take a break in the shade. The breeze blew over my face as I settled down on the uncomfortable ground that had pebbles digging into the back of my thighs. 'Maybe I can take a nap here. Yeah...A nap sounds nice...'

My eyes shut close and sleep quickly took over, welcoming me with open arms. The forever-repeating dream started once more, recycling from the nights before. My dreams had stayed the same ever since I left, never once changing. That day played in my mind on a repeating loop, reminding me of why I'm where I am. These dreams are what kept me going, pushing me to follow my gut. That day changed me; I no longer feared death. I learned that it's only natural and everyone has to experience it at one point. As much as I wanted to live - at least until I had a decent meal -, I wasn't scared at the idea of death. These past days? weeks? Have taught me that pain is unavoidable and there's no use in running from it. There's no point in being afraid of the inevitable.

When I woke up, I wasn't in the same place. My back wasn't leaning on a tree with pebbles burying themselves in my skin, but instead on a bed? My eyes instantly scanned the room I was placed in. The first thing I noticed was the large and wide window that overlooked the yard of the building. The sun's rays flooded the room in a natural glow, showering me in the warm light. A desk was sat across from the bed and close to the window with books stacked on top of another, papers overflowing and sticking out of the sides. The room, compared to my old one, is huge. Toy trains and blocks were neatly pushed against the corner of the bedroom, reminding me of my old games. The room wasn't as full as my own or my friends' with only a bed, desk, and a closet inside. Everything was clean and organized and it felt wrong being in here. For one, I was in a stranger's home. And another, I was most likely getting the bedsheets dirty.

Before I could move and save the clean sheets from my dirt-covered body, a woman opened the door. "Oh, you're awake. Good." She went up to me and placed her hand on my forehead. "Thank goodness. I was worried you had a fever. You've been sleeping for a few hours now, dear." I didn't know what to say. Is this her home?

All I did was stare at her, hoping to make sense of what's happening. "Don't worry, you're safe. My husband found you all alone. He's trying to find your parents but he wanted to bring you here first. He said he didn't want you to be by yourself for so long. A little girl like you shouldn't be around here without her parents. Don't worry, my Goku will find them. Now come, I made lunch. Your parents will worry if you're not fed on my watch." With that, the woman walked out, leaving me to wonder.