Swasan - Never repeat the Mis...

By SwanSchreibt

After being betrayed by her step-sister, Swara breaks down completely. She wishes nothing more than correctin... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Teaser 1
Chapter 20
Author note
Chapter 21
Teaser 2
Epilogue

Chapter 19

5K 355 142
By SwanSchreibt

Ragini was sitting in her room, lost in thoughts about her conversation with Swara.

Ragini's POV

Hame patha hai ki jo bhi Swara bol rahi hain wo hamari balayi keliye hain. Par Dadisa se is bhare mein kaise bhaat kar sakthi hoon main?

(I know that whatever Swara said is for my good. But how can I talk to Dadisa about this?)

No, Ragini, you can't accept defeat before even talking to Dadisa. Not everyone is lucky enough to get opportunities and placement calls. I mustn't lose this chance because of my fear.

Preethi said that if they find someone willing to work, then they might hire that person. I have to hurry up. I think I must talk to everyone tonight.

But I must be careful. I shouldn't blabber any nonsense. I have to practise what I want to say. Let me do that now.

*Ragini's POV ends*

Thus, a very anxious Ragini spent the two hours rehearsing for the upcoming storm, before moving to the dining room to join Gadodia elders for dinner.

The Gadodia men were busy discussing their business when they saw Ragini coming from her room. This confused them as Ragini usually would spend this time to prepare dinner. They decided to question her after dinner and sat down. The Gadodias had a silent dinner. Once they were done, Deendayal was about to ask Ragini why she didn't come down earlier, when Parvati stole the honours.

Parvathi: Laado, why didn't you come and help me in the kitchen today?

Ragini: Sorry dadisa. This won't happen again.

Shekar: Ragini, it's ok. Ma, I already told you not to bother her. Let her do what she wants. It's her wish.

This made Parvathi furious. She thought Shekar would forget everything and she would again rule over them. But she was yet to know that her dream would shatter soon.

Shekar: But Laado, what happened to you? Are you fine?

Ragini: Yes, baba. I am fine. I wanted to think about my life and decide what I want to do. I was finally able to conclude.

Shekar: What is it, Beta?

Ragini: Baba, I realized that no matter how much I change myself, I will never be happy with the change as it is not my decision. I will always be looking for opportunities to please others. This will never give me any happiness. I want to be happy with my life. Hence, I decided that I won't change myself.

Shekar and Deendayal were happy with her decision as even they felt the same.

Deendayal: I am impressed, Laado. Your decision is 100% right.

Even Parvathi couldn't deny the fact that Ragini made the right decision.

Ragini: Dadaji, I want to rethink about Maheshwaris proposal.

This confused all of them.

Shekar: What do you mean, Ragini? Don't you want to meet Laksh tomorrow?

Ragini: Baba, I want to meet Laksh and get to know more about him. I want to be sure that Laksh is the one I want to marry. I can't marry someone who I don't like. So, baba please tell the Maheshwaris that even if Laksh says yes, my decision might be different. It may or may not be yes.

This shocked the Gadodias. Shekar and Deendayal realized that their Ragini had grown up and was willing to fight for her rights. Shekar liked this grown-up Ragini as he always wanted his daughter to stand up for herself. Deendayal, on the other hand, realized that denying Ragini her rights would turn her into a rebel. He knew well that if Ragini turns into a rebel, she will go very far away from them. This was something which he was not looking forward to. So, he decided to accept Ragini's demands.

However, Parvathi was not as smart as her husband. She was furious with her granddaughter's demand. Her fury reached the limit when her husband allowed her granddaughter to do as she pleases. This did not go well Parvathi. She blasted at Ragini without thinking about the consequences.

Parvathi: What nonsense. You will do no such thing. If damadji says yes, then you will say yes too. This is my final decision.

This hurt Ragini very much. She always believed that her grandparents loved her a lot. But now she was forced to reanalyse her position in her dadisa's life and mind. Though upset, Ragini decided to stand for herself.

Ragini: But, dadisa, how will I be happy if I don't like him? I won't marry if I don't like him and this is my final decision. I won't change it for anyone.

Parvathi was furious at Ragini for answering back to her. She raised her hand to slap Ragini, but Deendayal held her hand. He knew that Parvathi is pushing Ragini too much. He didn't want that and hence, he intervened.

Deendayal: Stop it, Parvathi. This is her life. Let her decide for herself.

Shocked would be an understatement to describe Parvathi's state. Before she could retaliate, Ragini dropped the next bomb.

Ragini: Dadaji, I want to work.

Deendayal: WHAT?

Parvathi was agitated and wanted to slap Ragini. But she thought her husband will do the honours. She smirked and waited for some action.

Ragini: Dadaji, I know you have been reserved about letting women work. But Dadaji, zamana badal gaya hain (The world has changed). I want to work for myself. I want to enjoy my life. Jeevit rehkar kya karen jab ham jee hi nahi rahe hain? (What is the point of surviving if I can't live my life?) Dadaji, my friend Preeti said that Music Academy has a vacancy for Sitar teacher. I will love doing it. Please Dadaji, let me give an interview.

Deendayal was lost in thoughts. He always knew that Ragini was very talented. Her professors had always urged Deendayal to let her continue her profession. He used to ignore those initially. But whenever he saw Ragini practising, he used to wonder whether he was doing something wrong. There was always a glow on Ragini's face whenever she was practising. He decided that he will do anything for his granddaughter's happiness.

Deendayal: Theek hain, Laado. (OK, Laado). You can work. (turning towards Parvathi) My decision is final.

He patted Ragini's cheek and left. Parvathi left behind him to question him. Shekar was happy with the turn of events. He hugged his daughter happily and blessed her. He then left to his room. A very happy Ragini went to her room and informed Preethi about her decision to work. Preethi instructed her to come early the next day for the interview. Ragini thanked her friend. With a bright smile, she messaged Swara what happened. Swara congratulated her profusely and helped her with her interview answers. Ragini then went to sleep after praying to God to give her confidence for her interview.

Next morning - Maheshwari House

Sanskar reached the dining room to find his mom and Badi ma busy with some conversation. He moved a little closer to hear Sujatha something.

Sujatha: Jiji, I think we should say yes.

Annapurna: Sujatha, we must first talk to Sanskar.

Sanskar: Ma, Badi ma, what happened? What do you have to talk to me about?

Sanskar was worried that something happened. He never saw them this worried. Sujatha and Annapurna felt blessed to see their son worrying for them. They wanted him to be happy. They decided something and were discussing the same before Sanskar arrived. Sujatha wanted to reveal something to her son. But she was scared. She looked at Annapurna, who nodded her head.

Sujatha: We got a proposal for you, Sanskar.

Sanskar: WHAT?

Sanskar was blank. He was not able to react. By then, the other members were present there. It seemed everyone knew about the proposal except Sanskar and Uthara. Uthara too stood frozen at the sudden revelation. Before either of them could regain their senses, their mother dropped the next bomb.

Sujatha: The girl's family will be here at any moment.

At the same moment, the doorbell rang and Sujatha rushed to open the door. Uthara stood next to her brother showing her support. Sanskar took a deep breath and was about to turn around when he heard his mother welcoming the guests.

Sujatha: Please come in Kakisa, Sharmishtaji and Swara.

Sanskar immediately turned around to find his love looking around their mansion in wonder. A moment later her eyes met his and she too froze for she was not able to understand what he was doing there. Before she or he could open their mouth, Sujatha spoke to Sanskar.

Sujatha: Sanskar, this is the girl I want you to marry. If you don't want to marry Swara, I won't force you Sanskar.

Sujatha had a mischievous smile on her face, while Swara and Sanskar looked at Sujatha wide-eyed.

Swara and Sanskar: WHAT?

Everyone in the room except Uthara smiled at that. Uthara too was confused with the turn of events.

Sujatha: Day before yesterday, I heard you talking to Uthara about your love. I was about to confront you when I saw Manusha looking at me weirdly. I immediately understood she too knew something about the same. So, I threatened her to spill the beans, which she did with reluctance. I was very happy to know that you have selected someone for yourself. But I am disappointed too, Sanskar. You should have told me first about your love.

Sanskar felt bad for not confessing about his feelings. He was about to apologise, but Swara bet him at it.

Swara: Aunty, it's not his fault. I told him to not confess to anyone about us.

Sanskar turned towards Swara to see her protecting him. He felt blessed to have her as his life partner. He went towards Swara and held her hand tightly. Swara turned him while he gave an assuring smile. He then turned towards Sujatha to find her smiling at them. Sujatha was happy to see how much they love each other.

Sujatha: I am happy to see your love for my son. I am also sure that my son would have requested you for the same too. But didn't you both feel that we should know about your love before anyone else?

Sanskar: Ma, Lucky's wedding talks were going on. This is his turn. We decided to tell you once he gets married. It is a special occasion for him.

The whole Maheshwari family was very happy to realize the love Sanskar has for Laksh. Laksh, who couldn't control his tears, rushed towards Sanskar and hugged him tightly.

Laksh: Bhai, I am happy that you thought so much about me. But my marriage still has a lot of time. It will still be special as I will have two bhabhis to help me. Please Bhai don't wait because of me.

Sanskar turned towards Swara. Swara's childhood was filled with taunts because of being the daughter of a single mother. Her mother had faced a lot because of the same. Swara had always tried her best to not let others taunt her mother. However, marriage and weddings are places were people would talk about her parentage. She knew Parvathi would also not allow her wedding to happen that easily. Her mother would be insulted at every instance possible. This was something she didn't want. At the same time, she didn't want to leave Sanskar too. She turned towards Sharmishta as she was not able to decide for herself. As if understanding her dilemma, Sharmishta spoke.

Sharmishta: Durgaprasadji, we are Bengalis. I have grown up my daughter single-handedly with my mom's support. Swara has faced a lot of taunts from society since she was born. Despite that, she has been strong and never bothered about it at all. But I don't think she will be able to hear any taunts from her in-laws. So, it is my request, if you are hesitant about this proposal please let's stop it right away.

Shoba had not expected Sharmishta to be this straight forward. Marriage proposals always have to be handled maturely. Sharmishta's straight-forwardness can cost Swara her life. She turned towards Swara to find Swara and Sanskar having a slight smile on their lips. She then turned towards the Maheshwaris to find them smiling at Sharmishta too. Durgaprasad came forward to speak to Shoba and Sharmishta.

Durgaprasad: Kakisa, Sharmishtaji, I can understand your worries. I assure you that we know everything about Swara and your family. We are really happy to accept her as our daughter. Sharmishtaji, I can't say that people won't taunt us. They will taunt. But I can assure you that we will always support our daughter. If you are still doubtful, you can take all the time you want to think about this proposal. Sanskar will keep waiting for Swara till the end.

Sharmishta turned towards Shoba who nodded her head and encouraged Sharmishta to accept the proposal for her daughter. She then turned towards her daughter who was looking worried. She turned towards Sanskar who was holding Swara's hand, supporting her. She then turned towards the Maheshwaris. She finally looked peaceful.

Sharmishta: Durgaprasadji, all I want is my daughter's happiness. If she is happy with your son, then I won't stop her from getting what she wants. I accept your proposal for my daughter.

Everyone had bright smiles and the happiest were Laksh and Durgaprasad. No matter how many times Sanskar assured them that he was not angry or upset with them, both of them were still not able to digest the fact that Sanskar's life was spoiled because of them too. They were finally guiltfree to see him smiling happily with Swara.

Swara and Sanskar were still holding hands with a bright smile on their face. Somewhere above Kavitha was very happy to see Sanskar and Swara together. She was finally able to leave the world without any regrets. With a bright smile, she vanished. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!
Finally the long wait for Swara and Sanskar is over.

Please read, vote and leave your comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 686 7
Disappointed by the ending track of Swaragini?... This story will give you a chance to discover another aspects of all the characters ... it will bri...
BETRAYED OS By Ri

Fanfiction

2.9K 126 1
SwaRagini ~ Serial Track. Kavya and Laksh's marriage. If you hate Ragini, I would suggest you to read this! And if you Love Ragini, I know you'll r...
109K 4.9K 20
It's story of sanskar who was cheated by Ragini and her dadi ..presenting Swara as Ragini ...what will happen when sanskar get know on wedding date
89.3K 3.5K 23
Hi friends my first ff on swasan, plz read it.... This is the story of serial swaragini track where Laksh's truth came out that he is the kidnapper o...