Kehne Ko Humsafar

By jahan0494

What happened when two people marry each other in an arranged marriage who they only met once? Will their lif... More

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Delhi Wala Gang
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 16
Blue Family
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Epilogue
Cursed By Flames
Not So Fairytale-ish

Part 15

1.1K 74 36
By jahan0494

It's 5:15 in the evening. Jaimi is told to seat on the deck by the river. Ayesha, Meera, Neel, Armaan, Amaal, and the Delhi Gang sit with her for a while but they all go to the entrance as the baraat is here. Darshan steps out of the car a distance away from the plot and sits on the horse. The guests on his side are walking around the horse with a live wedding band playing in front of the horse. Darshan's friends, relatives, and guests are dancing in the front with police guarding them against outsiders. Bhavya sits with Darshan on the horse as his Sarbala. They reach the plot gate where the rest of the guests are standing to welcome the baraat. Darshan gets off the horse with the help of his friends and they all let Bhavya off. Rajendra uncle holds Bhavya in his arms and they all move towards where Jaimi's family is standing. Darshan stands in front with Rajendra uncle on his left and Jyugal on his right. Hardik, Dhruwal, and Naushad are standing behind him with Esha and her parents. They look down and there's a red ribbon that says, "IF YOU WANT OUR SISTER THEN, PAY UP MISTER!" Jaya aunty is standing behind the ribbon with aarti ki thali in her hands. She is surrounded by Chetana, Ayesha, Meera, Rewa, Palak, Setu, and Jaivardhan uncle.

Ayesha: Jiju, Jaimi chahiye to pay karna pardega!

Jyugal: Aisa kuch nahi hota!

Chetana: Shagun mangana toh humara haq hota hai!

Hardik: Aise kaise haq hota hai?

Palak: Dulhan chahiye toh paise do warna baraat ke saath hi bye bye!

Jyugal: Aise kaise dede! Bhabhi ko toh hum utha kar bhi leja sakhte hai.

Setu: Udar dekho! Woh ladke kis kaam ke liye hai?

The boys look behind them where Aarush(Jaimi's cousin), Rithwik, Amaal, Armaan, Aman, Vikrant, Neel, and Rohit are standing.

Pandit: Aap ko jo karna hai jaldi kijiye! Muhurat nikal raha hai varmala(jaimala) ke liye.

Rewa: Jiju paise dedo ya phir aaj aap andar aane se rahe!

RU: Darshan dedo!

Darshan: Kitne chahiye aap sab ko?

Meera: 2,000 per person so 12,000 rupees all together!

Dhruwal: Yeh bahot mehenghi entry hai! Sasta karo thoda.

Ayesha: Rates kam hone se rahe par argue karoge toh badenge zaroor.

Darshan: Thik hai paise deta hoon!

Darshan takes out his purse from the pocket of his sherwani and hands them each a 2,000 rupees note. Chetana hands him a scissor afterward which he takes and cuts the ribbon. The girls move back allowing Jaya aunty to step in front. She applies a tika on Darshan's forehead and then sprinkles some flower petals and a few pieces of rice on him. Jyugal and Hardik hold a handkerchief in front of Darshan's nose which many of the non-Gujarati guests find very funny. Jaya aunty does Darshan's aarti and he bends down to touch her feet. He touches her and Jaivardhan uncle's feet while Jyugal and Hardik are guarding his nose with the handkerchief. Jaya aunty tries to grab his nose while Darshan is touching her feet but he gets up very quickly.

Naushad: Yeh kya kar rahe hai?

Dhruwal: Bhai, iss rasam mein dulhe ko apni naak bachani hoti hai jab uski saas naak kheechti hai!

Naushad: Badi funny rasam hai!

Jaya aunty tries a few times but Darshan ducks or stands on his toes. Darshan figures that standing on his toes is the best way as Jaya aunty can't reach there. Rithwik and Vikrant come in front and pick up Jaya aunty so she can grab his nose which she does. They put her down and welcome the baraat inside. The police closes the gate of the plot after all guests have gone inside. They head inside and the entrance to the inside of the plot is decorated beautifully with flowers and lights.

They all stand there with the guests. Darshan is about to walk forward when Pandit ji says something.

Pandit: Dulhan ko bulaiye varmala(jaimala) ke liye!

Chetana: Hum leke aate hai!

Chetana, Aarush, Diya, Advay, Ayesha, Meera, Armaan, Amaal, Delhi gang, and Neel go to get Jaimi, who is watching them on her phone screen. After a few minutes, Darshan sees Jaimi walking towards him from the other end. His breath hitches seeing her in, simple yet elegant Sabyasachi bridal lehenga. The first dupatta is draped on her shoulder and waist while the second dupatta of her lehenga is draped over her head. Jaimi sees that he's wearing Manish Malhotra's sherwani.

Jaimi stops when she's a foot away from Darshan who is looking at her with a smile on his face. She feels his gaze burn on her cheek as her face turns red like a tomato.

Pandit: Vadhu(bride), var(groom) ko pehle varmala pehnaegi!

Esha hands the two varmala, which is made of beautiful red and white roses. Jaimi holds up her hands and tries to put the varmala around Darshan's neck, but he stands on his toes to tease her. Jaimi tries a few times, but couldn't reach due to his height. She pouts making Darshan laugh. Amaal and Aarush come forward and pick Jaimi up on their shoulder. Jyugal and Dhruwal pick Darshan up on their shoulder with Naushad and Hardik backing them.

Dhruwal: Bhai, izzat ka sawal hai!

Jyugal: Jhuk na mat warna poori zindagi jhook na padega.

Ayesha: Woh toh waise bhi padega!

Meera: Jiju haar maan lo!

Jaimi still couldn't reach Darshan. She tries for a few minutes, but Darshan leans back, sideways, or ducks every time. After two to three minutes, Darshan voluntarily ducks, giving up as he sees Jaimi's tired and a bit angry which is on her facial expressions show. He finds her looking very cute like that. Jaimi puts the varmala around his neck after a struggle.

Pandit: Ab var, vadhu ko varmala pehnaenge!

Palak: Jaimi, haath mein mat aana!

Rewa: Sahi hai warna poori zindagi dominant karenge.

Setu: Yaad rakh ki Jaimi Patel kisi se nahi haarti!

Darshan tries to put the jaimala around Jaimi's neck, but Aarush and Amaal step back. They lower or higher Jaimi every time.

Ayesha: Jiju, thoda aur intezar karna padega!

Darshan finally puts the varmala around Jaimi's neck after a struggle of five minutes. Jyugal and Dhruwal put Darshan down while Amaal and Aarush put Jaimi down. Jaimi goes back to the deck with the Ayesha, Meera, Palak, Rewa, and Setu while the others head to the mandap.

Darshan is seated down under the mandap while some guests take a seat around the mandap. The others are walking around. Pandit ji starts the preparations for the wedding ceremony. Darshan and Jaimi take off their jaimala(varmala). Darshan is chatting with Jyugal who is standing beside him. After a few minutes, pandit ji starts the rituals by chanting mantras. Pandit ji does some rituals with Darshan. They do a ritual called, madhuparka, where the groom's feet are washed while he eats pachanmrit(honey and milk). Jyugal wears Darshan's shoes for safety. The rituals with the groom end after almost half an hour.

Pandit: Ab aap vadhu ko bulaiye!

Jaya: Ji! Aarush aur Chetana tum sab jaake Jaimi ko leke aao.

Aarush and Chetana go to the deck to get Jaimi with her friends. Jaimi stands up seeing the boys and Chetana. There's a clear expression of nervousness on her face. Chetana kisses Jaimi's forehead to calm her down.

Chetana: Nae zindagi ki shuruat darr ke nahi karte.

Armaan: Aur tujhe konsa woh kidnap karke leke jaane wala hai? Mumbai hi aa rahe ho aur waha hum sab haina.

Rithwik: Darna toh usko chahiye! Tere saath puri zindagi guzarne ke vaade karne wala hai.

Jaimi hits Rithwik with a cushion that was on the swing.

Rithwik: Apni shaadi pe bhi tu violent ho rahi hai? Badi khoonkhar dulhan hai yeh!

Palak: Usko chedna band karo. Dulha kahi uthke lene na aa jae!

Chetana: Aaarush, Amaal, Aman, aur Rohit tum sab phoolon ki chaadar pakad lo! Rithwik aur Vikrant tum dono antarpat pakad lo.

Vikrant: Yeh antarpat kya hota hai? Aur Jaimi tune jaimala kya utar di?

Ayesha: Antarpat ek curtain hota hai dulha aur dulhan ke beech mein hota hai.

Meera: Aur Gujarati shaadi mein do baar jaimala hoti hai iss liye Jaimi ne utar di. Dusri jaimala ke waqt antarpat hatate hai.

Vikrant: Oh! Gujarati shaadi sach mein bahot alag hoti hai.

Armaan/Neel: Mere liye kuch nahi?

Chetana: Yeh saare kaam dulhan ka mama ya phir bhai karta hai toh tum dono ko bhai banana hai kyuki Jaimi aur mere koi mama nahi hai!

Armaan/Neel: Hum dost hi thik hoon!

Chetana: Ab mandap ki taraf prasthan kare warna Darshan sach mein lene aa jaaenga!

Aarush and Amaal are holding the phoolon ki chaadar from the front while Aman and Rohit are holding it from the back. Rithwik and Vikrant are holding the antarpat and walking before Amaal and Aarush. Jaimi is walking under the phoolon ki chaadar and Chetana is accompanying her. The girls are walking behind them with Armaan and Neel as they start towards the mandap.

Everyone turns their attention to Jaimi and others as they're walking to the mandap. They all take off their shoes before stepping onto the mandap. Jaimi is seated on the chair across from Darshan with Rithwik and Vikrant still holding the antarpat between them. Pandit ji starts chanting the mantas and does some rituals with the bride and groom before telling them to stand up for jaimala. Darshan and Jaimi stand up for jaimala. Vikrant and Rithwik remove the antarpat between them. Darshan and Jaimi place the red and white rose garland around each other's neck. After this ritual, they both sit down and pandit ji joins their hands which is called, Hasta Milap.

Pandit: Gathbandhan ke liye var ki behen ko bulaiye!

RU: Mein bulata hoon. Esha!

Esha comes and ties the knot with Jaimi's dupattas and Darshan's scarf of the sherwani. The rituals continue. Ayesha sees that Jyugal is wearing Darshan's shoes. She winks at Chetana and girls who give her a thumbs up. Jyugal goes to the drink counter to get himself a glass of water. Ayesha holds a tray with orange juice before him to which he looks at her with suspicion. Hardik, Dhruwal, Dushyant, and Naushad are looking at the two from a distance.

Jyugal: Yeh kiske liye?

Ayesha: Aapke liye!

Jyugal: Kyu?

Ayesha: Kyu kya? Tum kabhi kuch samjhte hi nahi ho. Mein tumse kab se baat karna chahti thi. Kya hum baat kar sakhte hai?

Jyugal: Abhi?

Ayesha: Of course! Chalo uss round table pe jaake baat karte hai.

Jyugal: Thik hai!

They both walk to the round table and sit down. Ayesha lifts the white table cover with her feet and finds Rewa under it. She gives her a thumbs up.

Ayesha: Mein tumse office mein kitni baar baat karna chahti thi par tum toh kuch samjhte hi nahi ho...

Jyugal: Mujhe kya samjh na hai?

The boys discuss amongst themselves about what is going on at the table when their eyes fall on the girls who are standing behind the tree.

Naushad: Jyugal, kya kar raha hai?

Dhruwal: Pata nahi par iski wajah se lagta hai Darshan ko phirse pay karna padega uski saliyon ko.

Hardik: Nahi nahi! Ab humari izzat ka sawal hai. Hume kuch karna hoga!

Dushyant: Agar ladkiya joote churati hain toh hum unse churake phirse chipa denge.

Naushad: Thik hai!

Ayesha is buttering Jyugal while Rewa sneakily takes off Darshan's shoes that he's wearing. Rewa comes out from under the table which surprises Jyugal. She hands the shoes to Ayesha.

Ayesha: Thank you for the shoes Jyugal!

Jyugal: Tumne cheating ki hai!

Ayesha: Everything is fair in love, war, and Jhuta churai!

Ayesha and Rewa run from there and the other girls run with them. Dhruwal hits Jyugal on the back of his head before they start to chase the girls. The chasing goes on for a while but the girls hide the shoes. Dhruwal and Ayesha go back to the mandap and stand beside Jaimi and Darshan who are sitting beside each other now. Jaya aunty and Jaivardhan uncle are performing the ritual of Kanya Daan. Tears roll down both their eyes while performing the ritual. Jaimi's eyes numb seeing her parent's picture between Jaya aunty and Jaivardhan uncle. Her eyes eventually give up and tears roll down her eyes as well. Ayesha wipes them and gives her an encouraging smile. The ritual ends after a few minutes and Pandit ji rises from his seat.

Pandit: Aap dono khade ho jaiye Laja Homam ke liye! Aur aap mein se koi ladki ke paanch bhai bula dijiye.

Ayesha: Mein bulati hoon!

Ayesha walks to where the boys are standing. Jaimi and Darshan rise from their seats.

Ayesha: Aarush, Amaal, aur aap mein se teen chaliye mere saath laja homam ke liye.

Armaan: Ab yeh kya hota hai?

Ayesha: Isme ladki ke paanch bhai usko puffed rice, oats, aur leaves dete hai jo woh aag mein dalti hai.

Aman: Thik hai phir Ricky, Vicky, aur Neel tum teeno chale jaao!

Rohit: Haan sahi ha!

They all walk to the mandap while Armaan and Aman are chatting. They all take off their shoes before stepping onto the mandap. Aarush gives Jaimi puffed rice, oats, and leaves to the couple first which they offer it to the fire by throwing it in the fire. Amaal goes after Aarush followed by Rithwik, Vikrant, and Neel. They step down from the mandap but stand around it. Darshan's and Jaimi's friends and close relatives gather around the mandap as the mangal pheras are about to begin. 

Pandit: Pehle teen phere mein vardhu aage chalegi aur aakhri ke phere mein var aage chalega.

Amaal: Phere toh saat hote haina?

Meera: Gujarati shaadi mein chaar hi phere hote hai jo human ke basic goals symbolize karte hai jo Dharma, Artha, Karma, aur Moksha hote hain.

Amaal: Ok! Tune kya shaadi mein phd ki hai?

Meera: Nahi par jabse saghai hue hai tabse shaadi pe lectures milte hain.

Neel: Aur yeh lectures mujhe sunane padte hai woh bhi roz!

Meera throws some petals on Neel. They begin the pheras with Jaimi leading the first three pheras and Darshan leading the last one. Their friends and relatives who are standing around the mandap sprinkle rose petals on them as they're doing the pheras. Then, the bride and groom are seated down after pheras for SaptaPadi. In this ritual, the groom helps the bride touch seven betel nuts with her right toe, while they recite the seven vows. Then, Darshan fastens mangalsutra around Jaimi's neck and fills her partition with sindoor(vermillion). The last ritual of the wedding is Kansar Bhojan in which the couple shares their first meal together after the wedding which is Kansar(Gujarati sweet dish made by mixing wheat flour, sugar, and clarified butter together). Then, Darshan and Jaimi stand up and take blessings from their elders and Pandit ji by touching their feet. Darshan takes a hold of Jaya aunty's saree's pallu. This Gujarati ritual is called, Chero Pakaryo, in which he groom demands for more gifts by catching hold of his mother in law's pallu. Jaya aunty gives Darshan 2001 rupees shagun. Darshan and Jaimi stand in front of their friends.

Jyugal: Finally, Darshan ki shaadi ho gae! Ab khane pe attack karte hai.

Darshan: Tu shaadi mein aaya tha ya khaane ke liye?

Dhruwal: Shaadi mein aae hi the taaki khaa sakhe!

Darshan: Bade kamine dost ho tum sab!

Hardik: Thank you taarif ke liye!

Darshan hugs Naushad who congratulates the newlywed. Then, he hugs his other friends. 

Amaal: Jaimi, tere bina Armaan ko tang karne ka kya maza aaega aur hum teeno ki raat wali drive?

Jaimi: Bhai, Mumbai mein hi hoon. Call me up any time!

Amaal: Woh toh mein karne hi wala hoon!

Armaan: Tum dono ko abhi bhi mujhe pareshaan karne ke baare mein hi soch rahe ho?

Jaimi: Of course! Woh toh humara janma siddh adhikaar hai. Kyu bhai?

Amaal: Most definitely!

Amaal gives Jaimi a side hug. Armaan makes a face at their action.

Armaan: I don't want to say this but teri shaitaaniya yaad aaegi!

Jaimi: You're going to miss me, Maan? I'm so lucky!

Armaan: Drama queen!

Armaan hugs Jaimi. He rests his chin on top of her head.

Armaan: Darshan, khyaal rakhna iska! Haan, kabhi kabhi yeh out of control ho jaati hai par dil ki bahot acchi hai.

Darshan nods his head and smiles.

Jaimi: Tu mujhe aaj rulega!

Ayesha: Jaimi, tera room ko toh ab hum dono closet banane wale hai!

Jaimi: Kabhi nahi! Woh ghar abhi bhi mera hai aur mein jab chahu wahi aake rehne wali hoon.

Meera: Ji madam! Ayesha ko dekhna May ke baad khud phone karke bulaegi hume.

Jaimi: Raat ko darr lagega na!

Ayesha: Kaisi dost ho tum dono?

Jaimi: Ek suggestion de!

Ayesha: Kya?

Meera: Delhi wala option abhi bhi open hai!

Ayesha: Tum dono aaj pit jaoge agar chup nahi rahe toh.

Vikrant: Yeh Delhi wala option kya hai? Tum teeno jabse hum aae hai tab se bol rahe ho!

Ayesha: Tum! (Ayesha bites her tounge as she blurts out) I mean woh job offer jo Vijaypath uncle ne diya tha na woh option hai.

Meera: Yup!

Ayesha hits Meera with her elbow. The Delhi Gang and Neel congratulate the newly wed and hugs Jaimi.

Palak: Jiju, abhi bhi hum Jaimi ko chura ke le jaa sakhte hai trips pe and to the club.

Darshan: Of course! She's your friend after all.

Vikrant: Jaimi, next time Mumbai hum sab aaenge na tab party humare regular place pe teri taraf se.

Jaimi: Definitely!

The guests come up on the mandap one by one to congratulate the newlywed and give them gifts. They also take pictures. The dinner is served around 9:30 for the guests. The photo session and gifts end around 11 at night. Jaimi and Darshan sit down for dinner with their family and friends. They all eat dinner without uttering a word as they all are very hungry. After dinner, they all sit in a circle.

Ayesha: Jiju, ab jhoote wapas chahiye toh paise dene padenge!

Darshan: Phirse?

Rewa: Poore 18,000 rupees!

Darshan looks at his friends who give him a nod.

Jyugal: Gae!

Palak: 18,000 Rupees warna aaj aap dulhan ko ghar nahi leja sakhte!

Hardik: Thoda toh kam karo!

Setu: Kyu kare? Jiju accha khasa kamaate hai toh thoda saliyon ko bhi milna chahiye na!

Meera: Jiju dedo!

Darshan: Thoda kam karo!

After 20 minutes of bargaining, the girls settle for 6,000.

Palak: Agar Jaimi ko pareshaan kiya na toh sach mein aapko kidnap kar lenge.

Darshan: Mein risk nahi lunga!

Meera: Lena bhi mat warna Jaimi hi kaafi hai aapke liye!

Ayesha takes off Darshan's shoes that she was wearing and hands it to him. Jyugal, Hardik, and Dhruwal palm their forehead while the others laugh at them.

Naushad: Yeh bahot hi cleaver tha Ayesha! Acchi jagah thi chupane ke liye.

Ayesha: Thank you par idea Amaal ka tha!

It's time for the Vidaai now. Jaimi's family, close relatives, and friends start crying as they walk towards the gate of the plot. Jaivardhan uncle, Jaya aunty, Chetana, Ayesha, and Meera cry the most with Jaimi while Amaal, Armaan, Palak, Rewa, Setu, and Jaimi's uncle, and aunty shed a few tears as well. Jyothi aunty and Daboo uncle are left speechless when they see Armaan and Amaal cry. They smile amongst themselves. The song, Dilbaro is playing in the background.

Daboo: Humare bacche aaj sach mein bade ho gae!

Jyothi: Sahi kaha! Woh dono apni jimmedari samajh ne lage hai ab.

Daboo: Jaimi ke jaane se ab phir se sab kuch shaant ho jaaega jaise 6 saal pehle tha.

Jyothi: Armaan ko sabse zyada yaad aane wali hai Jaimi ki!

Daboo: Armaan kyu? Sabko bahot yaad aane wali hai.

Darshan seats in his white Audi which is decorated with roses. Jaivardhan uncle hugs Jaimi one last time before she seats down in the car.

Jaivardhan: Jaimi, iss gaane ki tarah hum nahi hai. Yeh ghar humesha se tera tha aur tera hi rahega. Tu jab chahe tab aana aur hum sab hai tere saath.

Jaya: Teri shaadi ho gae matlab hum nahi rahenge aisa kab soch na mat.

Chetana: We're always there for you no matter what!

Jaimi hugs Jaya aunty and Chetana aunty one last time and then, seats in the car beside Darshan. They drive through the paparazzi with police and security making way for their car. Rajendra uncle, Bhavya, Esha, and her parents are in a separate car. Jaya aunty, Jaivardhan uncle, Chetana, and Ayesha see off the guests and leave for the temple where they meet up with Jaimi, Darshan, and others. They take blessing from the god and then, bid each other goodbye.

Jaimi: Di, Adi aur Diya kaha hai?

Chetana: Aarush un dono ko leke ghar gaya hai. Tu kal mil lena unse.

Jaimi: Thik hai!

They all seat in their respected cars and start towards their house. Jaimi is still crying. Darshan wants to comfort her but doesn't know how to. He hands Jaimi his handkerchief which she gladly takes. The car ride is silent with the only audible noise is Jaimi's sobbing.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Jyugal's comment on the food is so relatable. That's the only reason why we Indians attend a wedding. Has anyone stolen the groom's shoes at the wedding? I loved how Ayesha was buttering Jyugal so Rewa could take off the shoes.

What will happen next on their first night?

Thank you for reading! I had to research a lot about the rituals at a wedding as I didn't know some of them. And sorry, the chapter came out to be longer than I imagined. I hope you guys liked the chapter. Comment your thoughts. ~Jahan💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 34.2K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
96.7K 5.3K 53
What happens when Nishita Mehta, one of the youngest Indian Surgeons gets unwillingly married to Darshan Raval, the youth icon of India? Does she try...
635K 24.1K 87
Beautiful cover by : @xCherryBlossomx. 💞 Thank you so much for this cover. Hope you like it, as it's my first story... DON'T THINK IT'S NORMAL ARR...
258K 15.2K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...