Life After Marriage Book 3

By intellectual212

August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's Wha... More

Interruptions Part 1
Interruptions Part 2
House Guest Part 1
House Guest Part 2
Spoiled Spouses
The Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 1
Perils of Being An Older Wife Part 2
Puppy Love
Inappropriate Outfits/The Cake Thief
Whose Your Daddy Part 1
Whose Your Daddy Part 2
Not Again Part 1
NOT AGAIN PART 2
Making Breakfast
Alternative Plans 1
Alternative Plans Part 2
IT'S BECOMING CLEARER PART 1
It's Becoming Clearer Part 2
Hard Decisions Part 1
Hard Decisions Part 2
Missed Ship Part 1
Missed Ship Part 2
Leaving
Author's Note: Writer's Advice
When Papa's Away Part 1
Change of Heart
The Right One
Be Free
Drowned Memories
Author's Note: There Are Other Books Before This
Working It Out
New Car
Fight
Chest Pain
Back
Building Trust
Good Place
When in Canada Do as the Canadians Do
Sacred Ground
A/N- For those offended
The Results
R& B's New Bad Boy
Early Morning Convo
One More Author's Note
Reunited Part 1
Slippery Slope
Hypocrite
Hypocrite Repost
Thank you Sata
Make Ups
Receiving What You've Given
My Shootaz
My shootaz repost
Two Valentines Part 1
Smile Through It
I'll Take The Lizard
Celebrity Life
Bro Drama
Bro Drama Part 2
You Dont love me ?
I love my life
He's a man
Trusting Again
My Gift
Career Day Part 1
Career Day Part 2
Repost Career Day Part 2
First Day
Back to Work
Special Chapter: Still Hurts
Visiting Mommy
Chance to Save
Let It Go
Further Investigation Part 1
Further Investigation Part 2
Author's Note- Direction Of Story
Baby Eater
Story is ending soon
Prom Night Threats
Father's Day Shopping With Bobby
Father's Day
Doing Our Part
Aug's hip-hop video
Gone
Man Stuff
I'll Handle It
Achilles Heel
Safe House
God Protect My Wife
My Other Grandma Part 1
My other grandma part 2
Regrets
Prayer Virgil For Amber And Amiri
Encouragment For Writers- Troll Readers Who Demand Updates
All I Got
Death Wish
God Protect My Wife Important Repost
Colorblind
Setting An Example
My Other Prince
I promise
Doesn't he remind you of Auggie!!!
Baby For Sale
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 1 - Stopping My Shine
A Glance Into The Future Pt. 2- Favorite So.
Authors Note - Ending of Life After Marriage
Comment your confusion
Back To The Past: King For A Day
Back to the Future - Career Goals
Final chapter / thank yous
Final Chapter - Au-Revoir
August Alsina Song Cry and this Book

You Deserve

42.5K 1.8K 1.2K
By intellectual212

AMBER P.O.V.

Aug wanted me out of the house so he could prepare for this “surprise” he had later. So I just spent the majority of my Saturday in my office grading papers that I had to get back to the students so that they could prepare for an exam they had coming up. The contents of the exam would come directly from the papers.

I got a little hungry so I decided to get something from the vending machine on the second floor. My office was on the third. The only problem was it also happened to be directly in front of Westin’s office. I had successfully avoided him ever since I stood him up. And I didn’t not want any run-ins.

I figured it was a Saturday so he wouldn’t be there. I got my money out my purse and headed down the staircase to the vending machine.

“Thank God.” I looked at Westin’s closed door . That meant he wasn’t here.

I surveyed the vending machine and decided on a bag of Doritos. I put my 65 cents in, and pushed F -15 the number to get them pit. And just my luck, half way they got stuck.

“Are you kidding me?” I said to the machine.

I softly pounded the machine hoping it would work. I shook it a little. Still nothing. I just gave up on it and started down the hall when I heard a loud bang. I turned around to see Wes at the vending machine, and he got out the bag of chips.

I went back to get them, he just handed them to me saying nothing. And went into his office and closed the door behind him.

That was weird. Usually he always speaks to me. I didn’t want him going around mad at me, but he should understand that I’m married and that was the choice I had to make.

I knocked on his door, but he didn’t answer.

I slightly opened it and he gave me a look like he wanted to slap me for opening his door.

“The door was closed for a reason.” He turned from me, to some notes he was writing.

“You didn’t say anything and I --.”

“That’s because I’m busy and I don’t want to be disturbed.” He said smugly, not looking at me. “So please excuse yourself and close my door on your way out.”

What the hell was up with him? Might of fact, why do I care?

“Wes, if you’re angry about me standing you up I’m sorry.”

“You don’t owe me an explanation. I’m not your husband.” He continued to write not looking up at me.

“It’s not a matter of me owing you an explanation, it’s just I should’ve called.”

He didn’t say anything, he just got a book off the bookshelf behind him and opened.

That was the thing about his office. It was wall to wall in books. Like a mini library, and plus he had them on the floor stacked on by his desk.  All kinds. Even in other languages. He spoke Swahili, French, Spanish and German fluently.

“Is there a reason you’re still standing there?” He looked up from his books.

“Just admiring your books.” I gave an awkward laugh.

“Professor Alsina, is there something else you want to tell me?” He put down his pen.

“Really are we being formal now?” I asked him.

“Would you prefer for me to address you as Mrs. Alsina?” He put emphasis on the MRs.

“I don’t understand why you’re mad. You knew I was married.”

“When I talked to you, you didn’t have a ring on. So are you married or confused?” He folded his arms, sat back and put his feet on his desk.

“You know what, I’m just gonna go.”

“No you wanted to talk, let’s talk.” He got up closed the door and locked it.

He peered down at me. He was as tall as Aug, maybe a little taller. And standing this close I noticed he had freckles that adorned his nose and rosy cheeks just above his beard that hid the rest of his face.

His eyelashes had a natural curl up, I’m certain women would pay to have lashes as beautiful as his. They gave his face a certain softness. And his eyes sparkled a radiant light-brown I hadn’t seen before.

Oh God, I need to step back.

 I mentally said as I moved my body a couple of inches away from him. And folded my arms to cover my protruding nipples so he wouldn’t notice. It wasn’t cold, so that meant my body was excited. As it had been from the moment I sat on that panel with him. These feelings were sooooooooooooo wrong. But it was like a magnetic attraction with him, I hadn’t felt before. He wasn’t what I would call traditionally fine, but it was like intellectually he was gorgeous. A pure conversation with him was like sex. Jesus.

He needed to make this quick so I could go back to my office.

“What is it Wes?”

“I’m not mad you stood me up. I’m upset you’re weak. I thought you were stronger than that?”

“Weak, what are you talking about?”

He looked down at my ring finger which shined with my wedding and engagement rings. I tried to hide my finger in my arm.

“How does trying to work it out with my husband make me weak?”

“How many times have you tried to work it out with him? Probably since the beginning of your relationship and has he ever changed for a substantial amount of time?”

“For you information he has. You don’t know our relationship enough to speak on it.”

“Amb.” He smiled.

“You’re forgetting that no matter how great of a catch I am, because I am, at the end of the day I am a man. And I know how men think. We do enough to win you back, then once we’re secure in our position we go back to our old ways. Why? Because women like you never demand better. We know that you’ll be mad for a second but all we have to do is tell you we’re sorry. Give you some sob story. Pretend we’re changed. And you take us right back. Every single time. No matter the wrong we’ve done. Some men could beat their women into the ground.” He hit his fist against his open hand.

 “And she’ll still take him back. When will you learn, it’s a game and your husband is playing you.”

“Whatever.” I tried to get pass him to get to the door.

“Amb c’mon man. I’m trying to hip you to game. You too beautiful and smart for that to be with a man whose not willing to put in the work it takes to make you happy. If you was my woman you’d be able to count your tears on one hand, because you’d always be smiling.”

“I gotta go Wes.” I tried to walk pass him but he stood on the door.

“Can you move so I can leave?”

“You don’t want to go, because you know you deserve better than what you got. ”

“Move, before I scream.”

“Scream.”

“Wes move!”

I wrestled with him for a minute before he had my hands pinned against the door and connected his lips and tongue with mine. I should’ve stopped him. But I didn’t.

Something about kissing him felt right. With Aug our kisses were mundane routine, with Wes it pure electricity. A grown man kiss. 

There was a knock on his door.

We quickly parted from each other. We looked at each other and wiped our lips.

He opened his door.

“Professor Rashad I hope I didn’t interrupt, I wanted to meet with you about my paper?” A male student stood at the doorway.

“No.” He smiled. “You’re were on time. I was just talking to Professor Alsina.”

“Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand for me to shake.

“You too.”

“What do you teach?”

“Criminal Law. One of the best and the brightest.” Westin said with a smile.

“Thank you.” I gave a half smile. “Well I’ll let you two get to it.”

I closed the door and basically powered walked back to my office.

I sat at my desk with my head in my hands. My phone began to buzz and Aug’s name appeared on the screen. I hit ignore. I needed to process what just happened.  

What on earth have I done? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 881 41
4 months after August proposed,him and Ciara focus on the wedding and their careers. When his past catches up to him will it cause their life to go d...
5.6M 169K 81
After almost failing out of Dental School, August returns to Atlanta willing to do whatever it takes to make things right with the only person who c...
3.9M 241K 118
After getting into a fight that went viral almost ruining his career, August Alsina's manager D calls on Jazmine to be his publicist. Can Jazmine fix...
40K 1.7K 63
When Everly meets August Alsina, her world changes completely..