Mixing of Snow and Sand

By kat1315

Mia Hosaka, the only survivor from the Village Hidden in the Snow, a village long forgotten from the attack o... More

Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten
Chapter 2: Connections of the Past
Chapter 3: Demonic Sand
Chapter 4: Cursed
Chapter 5: Someone Precious...
Chapter 6: One Month
Chapter 7: Temari's Wind
Chapter 8: Gaara's Demon
Chapter 9: Childhood Memories
Chapter 10: Forced Out
Chapter 11: Village Hidden in the Sand
Chapter 12: Change of Scenery
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Hosaka Legacy
Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi
Chapter 16: Rescue Attempt
Chapter 17: Haku
Chapter 18: Clouded Truth
Chapter 19: A New Technique
Chapter 20: Her Answer
Chapter 21: The Curse Grows
Chapter 22: The Night Everything Changed
Chapter 23: Body Guard
Chapter 24: A Month Later
Chapter 25: Brother vs. Sister
Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval
Chapter 27: A Choice to Make
Chapter 28: True to Yourself
Chapter 29: Osore Reveals
Chapter 30: Shei's True Form
Chapter 31: Breaking the Link
Chapter 32: Truth Behind the Wolves
Chapter 33: Reason for Happiness
Chapter 34: New Kazekage
Chapter 35: Surprise Attack
Chapter 36: Argument
Chapter 37: Hope
Chapter 38: Back Home
Chapter 40: The Akatsuki
Chapter 41: Transfusion
Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level
Chapter 43: Gone...
Chapter 44: Bide our Time
Chapter 45: Goodbye
Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore
Chapter 47: Darkness Consumes
Chapter 48: Orochimaru's Betrayal
Chapter 49: Shei's Story
Chapter 50: Chatting
Chapter 51: The Akatsuki Strike
Chapter 52: Day Off
Chapter 53: Madara

Chapter 39: Sad Truth

10 0 0
By kat1315

After Temari and I arrived back to the village, Gaara was impatiently waiting at the front entrance.

"You know you didn't have to come and wait for us." I chuckled.

"Lady Tsunade got here last night and she wanted to look at you and those records as soon as you got back." He stated firmly.

"Alright, alright where is she?"

"My office."

"Then lets get over there before she tears the place down." I walked with them and noticed that Kankuro wasn't guarding the door, but looking slightly terrified.

"Where the hell is she?!" I heard Lady Tsunade's annoyed voice.

"My, my you don't change do you?" I chuckled, looking in at her from the doorway.

"Mia...!" She turned sharply.

"Sorry it took so long, but we're here and we have the records." Gaara and the others finally took notice of the fan on my back.

"Where did you get that fan?" Kankuro asked looking at it intrigued.

"It was my mother's gift to her children." I muttered and pulled out the records. "I wish you could have seen her last words to us, but unfortunately those final words were what created this fan." Gaara looked at me shocked.

"Your mother...she left that fan for you?" I nodded once.

"This fan has the power to repel any storm. Temari has seen it first hand." Temari nodded to confirm my story.

"Incredible..." Kankuro muttered.

"My mother was an incredible woman. I just wish I had had more time with her." I walked over to Tsunade and handed her the documents. "This should be everything that you need from my village. There was nothing else we could find. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help." I went and sat down on the couch in his office. Gaara coming to sit beside me as Tsunade read through the documents.

"These are truly incredible. Your village was known for its healing abilities. But the extent to which its documented is astounding. It's just as well documented as the Nara Clan's."

"Thank you, our village took great pride in our abilities. We were a proud people but we valued helping others." I yawned slightly as I looked outside, the sun was starting to set and I knew it was about to be another long night if Lady Tsunade didn't do something.

"Have you found something that might help her?" Temari asked impatiently.

"Yes, I think this medication can counteract the sedative that was placed inside her body." She began ordering the medical ninjas to gather the ingredients for her as my eyes started to droop.

"Gaara...?" I muttered, his eyes looked into mine and he knew that I was going to pass out again soon.

"We don't have much time." He stated, Tsunade looking over at me and seeing the effects of the sedative.

"Hurry up with those ingredients!" She yelled. Within minutes the ingredients were there and she was mixing them together to make the medicine. "Mia I'm going to draw some blood before I inject you with the medicine so we can get more data on this sedative." I gave a small nod and looked away as she drew the blood from my arm.  From there she put the medicine in another needle and injected it into my arm. "It should take effect shortly." She stated.

The room started to spin and I felt sick as I get the medicine kick in.

"Is it supposed to make me not feel well?" I asked, fighting the urge to throw up.

"Yes, it's fighting against the sedative's effects." Gaara touched my back gently, rubbing it in small circles so I could focus on something other than the dizzying nausea.

"How long do you think it will take?" Temari asked when she took notice in the effects of the medicine.

"Hard to say, it could be a couple minutes or it could be a couple of hours. We just have to monitor her."

"Hours?! How the hell-!" I nearly threw up on the spot as I leaned against Gaara. He touched my head gently and the cool on his hands felt good.

"She's starting to run a fever." He spoke quickly.

"It's her body fighting off the sedative, give it time it will go down." Okami, who had been quietly observing from the side of the room, padded over and rubbed his head against my leg.

"It's okay buddy, I'll be alright." I gave him a small smile.

Just don't overdo it. You need to rest. I chuckled at his worry.

"Hey I'm the one who should be worrying, not you." I pet his head gently.

"He's not wrong you should get some rest." I looked at Gaara.

"I'm not going anywhere, just rest." He reassured me and I shut my eyes to rest.

Gaara's POV

Seeing her go to sleep and not in discomfort was reassuring. Okami jumped up on to the couch to lay with her as I gently moved from my place, laying her down on her side. 

"Thank you, Lady Tsunade. I appreciate you coming here to help her." I muttered as I looked back at Mia's sleeping figure.

"You don't need to thank me, she's a member of the Leaf Village as well. She should be okay after a night of rest but I'll stick around until tomorrow to make sure." I gave her a small nod.

"Temari, could you tell me about her mother's last words?" I asked my sister as she went to sit down beside Mia.

"It was a diary really, not really final words until the final entry." I could see sadness clouding her eyes.

"Do you remember what it said?" She gave a firm nod.

"Every word." I looked at her encouragingly. "Gaara, its not my place..." I frowned. I knew I was being selfish, but anything that I could know about her to help her cope with everything she had been through.

"Its alright Temari." We all looked at Mia as she spoke softly, her eyes weren't open but I could see the crease in her forehead signaling she was still conscious. Temari sighed but then started.

"Month XXX Day 3: From the moment she was born, the elders told us to watch over her. Told us she would grow up to be either the savior of our village or the destroyer of it." She paused, looking at Mia, her eyes were slightly open now as she stared up at the ceiling.

"I told you all that no one in my village liked me...it was apparent in these entries..." She whispered as Temari continued.

"Month XXX Day10: The headmaster of the academy stopped by this morning to tell us about her inheriting the Osore...to think that such a small and innocent child could wield such a power visual prowess." Another pause, this time Mia didn't say anything, just continued to stare at the ceiling. "Month XXX Day 35: Yuto and I have been concerned about Mia for some time nows. She doesn't speak to anyone other than Haku, doesn't tell us about the other children bullying her in class. She doesn't complain or argue, just simply takes the harassment as if it was deserved."

"Mia..." I muttered, but she looked away from us all, staring at the fabric on the couch.

"I was always alone..." Her muffled voice came through.

"Month XXX Day 56: Yuto and I fear something bad is coming, Rasa has been coming too often for a Kazekage. My husband will be telling him to stop coming the next time him and Gaara stop by. My only fear is what will Mia feel when her only friend goes away..."

"That entry was a month before the village was destroyed...the last entry is the final words my mother left behind for Haku and I."

"Month XXX Day 70: I write this as the village is under siege, Mia, Haku if either of you survive this I want you both to protect this with your life. It was given to me by my father, I know I was never open about my past and I knew eventually I would have to explain everything to you. I had hoped I would have had more time with you...Yuto and I loved you both with all of our hearts. Mia...I know you felt as if you never belonged but this is your home as is the Sand Village. When I had been your age I had the dream of becoming the Kazekage of my village. I met Kakashi so soon after that that dream faded away into the back of my mind as we had you. To protect you and your brother had been my new dream, so with these last words I impart to you the secrets of my Wind Style that my father taught me. With this fan, use it to whip up sandstorms...the rest you will have to learn on your own. Please forgive me my beloved children for not showering you with unconditional love when I had the chance... That was the end of the diary." Temari finished. Mia was sitting up now and I could see the sadness in her eyes. The pain of coming to terms with everything must have been so hard for her to do on her own.

"My mother knew, all along what I was going through and I never opened up to her. I always had thought she didn't care or that she was afraid of me too...but it was opposite, she loved both Haku and I with everything in her heart enough to give up on her dream of becoming Kazekage."

"That's the love of a mother." Lady Tsunade said gently as she looked on.

"Gaara..." Her voice called out to me and when I looked at her again she was standing up and looking at me determined. "Please allow me to continue my mother's dream by continuing to support you as Kazekage and living the life she would have wanted for me all along." A smile crossed her lips and it was filled with love. I chuckled under my breath.

"Only if you allow me to continue to be by your side as you friend and boyfriend." She blushed a little when I spoke, but I saw the happiness light up her eyes.

"Of course."

"It seems you've grown up, Mia." We all turned sharply and saw Kakashi sitting in the window.

"Dad?!"

"Kakashi what the hell are you doing here?!" Lady Tsunade yelled annoyed.

"I finished my mission early and I was in the neighborhood." I saw Mia roll her eyes with a smirk on her face.

"Liar, you sensed mom's fan didn't you?" He looked at Mia and the fan on her back.

"You've grown into the spitting image of Sayaka. You inherited her kindness and spirit as well."

"I also inherited your stubbornness." She joked causing us all to laugh.

"Perhaps, but I know that you are Sayaka's daughter through and through." Her voice caught in her throat as she looked down at the ground. I knew she missed her mom, she missed her family every day, that included Kakashi.

"Did you know that mom wanted to be Kazekage? Is that why you asked me if I did?" She blurted out suddenly.

"Yes...in some regard she was like Naruto, she always talked about becoming the first female Kazekage. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to think you had to follow in her footsteps." Mia's eyes didn't leave the floor as she placed a hand over where Shei was.

"I may not want to be the Kazekage like she did, but maybe one day, I'll have a child that will become the first female Kazekage. She also told me that she had given up on that dream when she met you, she loved you with everything in her heart, so much so she gave up on everything she knew for something new." Kakashi just stared in surprise as Mia raised her head and looked at him.

"She told you this?" Mia reached up and touched her necklace with a small smile.

"Not exactly, but its just a feeling..." She looked up and her yellow eyes shined in the setting sunlight. "You can't control who you fall in love with but you can change how the world sees you." She turned her gaze to me, the smile in the curl of her eyelids and the glimmer of those golden eyes made my own heart skip a beat.

"Don't grow up too quickly now." Kakashi appeared at her side, placing a hand on her head. "I would like to be a little bit of a parent." She smiled back at him and wrapped her arms around his back.

"I love you dad. I always have and I always will."

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 294 15
Hinata Hyuga is tired of her current life. She belongs to a clan that doesn't see her worth, has so-called friends who think she is weak, and a crush...
6.3K 272 13
A young Hyuga sent out on a mission with three others. Her vision slowly depleting. ;) that's all I'm giving ya!
97.2K 3.1K 18
This is a story that takes place in the time zone after the chunin exams/downfall of the leaf village, when the sand village forms an alliance with t...
46 2 1
After being ambushed by a couple of rogue ninja, Sarai stumbles into Sunagakure for help. There she meets the Kazekage-a beautiful yet quiet young ma...