JEMIMA

By oluwayanmife__

Meet Jemima, a christian and a lover of God. Born by Christian Ministers and raised in the way of the Lord. B... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 7

461 178 25
By oluwayanmife__

The orientation started on a great note and it had been amazing so far, we had had lectures, and we had been introduced to some lecturers. Departmental executives and some Student union Executives, because the student Union president was a student in the department.

We were introduced to a lot of things that made me extra eager to start learning. I definitely made a great choice to study Law.

Semilore and Mo' actually warmed up to me and whispered jokes in my ears, they made the entire orientation interesting for me. And I made it up in my mind to get closer to them.

We were told about the general orientation happening in three weeks time, were we would be going for excursions and having competitions and also the Mr and Miss fresher's competition, the announcements made the hall rowdy and filled with excitement.

"You should register for the Miss Fresher's competition you know" I said to Semiloore.

" Nah, I'm not beautiful" she replied.

"Really?!?!" I said sincerely shocked "have you seen yourself in the mirror at all" I added.

She blushed.

" Jemi is right Shemmy, You should register ooo" Mo' added.

"Uhm, okay oo" she muttered " I'll think about it"

" You better do" I said smiling. My gaze accidentally meeting Fikayo's. If her gazes could kill, I would be dead.

I shifted my gaze to my left and who it met made my heart nearly jump out of my chest. It was Ephraim, Yes Ephraim, staring at me. After recovering from the shock, I raised my hands a little to wave, but he turned and walked away almost immediately. I took back my hand immediately.

Getting embarrassed by the same person twice?

The orientation went on and went extra exciting when it was time to elect the class representative. I wondered who it would be and many people had started campaigning and making suggestions on who it should be.

"Guys, I should run for class representative you know" Fikayo said grinning.

" That'll be cool oo" Mo' said excitement evident in her voice.

"Yes, we are going to nominate you ooo" Semiloore added, she started talking with people around us, and they all seemed to agree with her.

I was still trying to process the possibility of Fikayo being the class rep, she was definitely going to make life a living hell for me.

I stole a glance at her and I saw the same look she always had on when she and her friends were planning a mischief involving me while in secondary school.

After the nominations, there were five contestants and we were asked to vote, I began wondering why I didn't ask to be nominated. At least, leading had always been my thing.

I stared at Fikayo as she stood on the podium, a smile plastered on her face.

"I should be the one up there"
I thought to myself but quickly rebuked my self, I wasn't entitled to any position. I thought as I sighed.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"That was amazing, I can't believe Fikayo is now class rep, wao" Mo' said cheerfully.

" She deserves it, I mean, imagine the way she was able to make everyone fall in love with her In the two minutes she spoke" Semiloore added.

" Well, that's work for me oo, but it feels good to be a leader" Fikayo said looking content.

" Congratulations" I muttered as I smiled at her stretching my hands out for an hand shake.

"Thank you" She replied curtly, eyeing me without taking my hands.

I cringed as I walked demurely and expressionless.
The orientation had just ended few minutes ago, Fikayo had come out victorious after the brief election. She had managed to pull that through, because people loved her personality, not because she was loved by any lecturer or not because she had the best grades.

The realization made me examine myself.
My position as head girl in my secondary school, wasn't because my Class mates really liked and wanted me to be the head girl. But because of my Grades, and the love and respect my Juniors and Teachers had for me. Most especially, because of who my Parents were. The senior pastor of the largest Pentecostal church.

"What's up with you guys nah, I sense a kind of silent rift between you guys, beside Jemimah you haven't actually introduced yourself to us". Mo' said.

" There is no rift between us, we aren't just the best of friends. Infact we aren't friends" Fikayo said nonchalantly

" Yeah, there isn't. But I and Fikayo attended the same secondary school". I muttered " And we sure had our off times". I added.

" Let me introduce myself" I said smiling. " I'm Jemima Adewale. I'm a Christian. Last child in a family of six. Err, that's all I guess".

" Yeah, and she is also, a proud girl with 'many achievements', that likes bossing people around. And yes she's a little miss goody two shoes. Intelligent, brilliant, godly, and all. Did I mention she was head girl in secondary School?
So sorry I forgot, I received a few punishments from her too. Lest I forget, she is the last daughter of the senior pastor of the largest Pentecostal church in this state. So you know she's untouchable" Fikayo said to me, as she remained deadpan.

I felt hot tears forming in my eyes, this was the impression a lot of people had of me?
I definitely wasn't proud. I didn't boss people around. I wasn't who she was painting me to be in front of my new friends. I thought to myself as I blinked my tears away.

Semiloore and Mo' watched us quietly. I didn't say anything to reply her I only watched her silently.
After few more seconds, I opened my mouth to talk, I had lost my voice. And as I tried speaking up, the tears I had tried to keep from escaping rolled down my cheeks freely.

I found my voice finally and I muttered a Thank you, before scurrying away.

I walked as fast as my leg could take me, my tears were drying already. I thought about how I acted and felt defeated.

I should have stood up for myself, she had no rights making those comments about me. I thought to myself self as I walked. I was already approaching the gate and I was excited when I saw my driver, standing outside the car obviously waiting for me. I walked fast.

I began to hear my name being called, and I turned to the direction the voices were coming from. It was Semiloore and Mo'. I stopped in my tracks as I wiped my face with my hands.

"Jemi, you ran off without even saying bye" Semiloore stuttered as she was trying to catch her breath. She had a small smile on her face.

"We don't know you yet, but you don't look like all she said" Mo' said with a smile plastered on her face. " My name is Morire Ajayi, can we be friends? "

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

I walked out into the house exhausted, I closed the door behind me. My Dad was in a meeting with some church executives.

Why can't they just stay in church.

I thought to myself as I growled, making sure they didn't notice my displeasure. I greeted them and I was about going into my room when my Dad called me back.

"Err, Jemi, your mum travelled and won't be back in two days"he said to me.

" Okay sir"
I said and left the sitting room, my mum was always on the road, fixing other people's homes. While her's is, you know, just there.

I went into my room and peeled off my clothes, I went into the bathroom to have a shower, while in the shower, I reflected on the events of the day. The whole orientation was a very interesting one.

The scene with Fikayo's was something I wanted to erase  out of my mind. And then me getting new friends, Semiloore and Mo', that was the highlight of my day. They were really cool and fun, and the way they didn't judge me despite what Fikayo said? That really stood out for me. I made a mental note to call them later, as I stepped out of the bathroom.

I dressed up and lay on my bed to relax a bit before I went to prepare dinner. I took a book lying on the bed, and opened it, the book it self brought a smile to my face.

The purpose driven life by Rick Warren

I dropped the book and closed my eyes as I began to close my eyes. I was almost getting to dream Land when my phone rang beside me.

It was Toni. I picked the call.

"Toni, how are you doing, I'm so so.."
She cut me off with a teary voice.

" It's happening again Jemima"

--------------------------

Hey guys 🤗🤗🤗

How are y'all doing. I had to write and rewrite this chapter 😣😣😣

I hope it's good sah. And please it's unedited, forgive me for the errors you meet 🥺🥺🥺

What do you think Toni is about to tell Jemi🤔🤔🤔 I don't know seff😂😂😂

Don't forget to vote and comment dearies...

I love y'all
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 3.1K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...
259K 80K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
34.8K 4.7K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
78.2K 11.5K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...