Breathe | DOYOUNG

lost_in_neocity tarafından

Ft. NCT's Kim Doyoung Close your eyes for a moment and take a deep breath. Breathe. Doctors, some are in it... Daha Fazla

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Special Chapter
New Book - Dark Streets
Masterlist

Chapter 29

6K 307 475
lost_in_neocity tarafından

Doyoung followed Hana as she ran to the emergency room, where Johnny was already pushing in the body of Sooji's father who was covered in blood. Taeil, Yuta, and Haechan were with him.

"I'm pretty sure all his organs are crushed, we need to get him into surgery, fast." Taeil instructed the other two.

"What happened?" Hana asked the paramedic.

"Their car crashed with a truck, sending them flying off the rails of the cliff. The car ended up head first into a tree on the driver side. It took us a while to retrieve the bodies. Husband is in the worse condition, internally bleeding everywhere. Wife suffered a head injury." Johnny told them.

"Kid, what about the kid?" Hana asked. Johnny gave her a confused look.

"Kid? There was no kid."

...

"Dr. Kang, Dr. Bunny!" Sooji cried out with a wide smile. Hana and Doyoung immediately stood up from the waiting area as Sooji ran into Doyoung's arms. He picked the small girl up. The lady that brought Sooji in gave them a weak smile.

"Hello, I'm Sooji's daycare teacher. Sooji stays late with us since both her parents work till the evenings." The daycare teacher explained before whispering to Hana. "I heard what happened."

"Sooji, you've grown so much." Doyoung said as he held the girl in his arms. He glanced over at the two ladies and decided to walk away, bringing the girl with him.

"Thanks for bringing Sooji in." Hana said to the daycare teacher.

"It was no problem, Sooji is a very kind girl. Um.." The daycare teacher bit her lip.

"Is something wrong?" Hana asked.

"Well, Sooji doesn't really have any family aside from her parents, so I don't know were she'll stay tonight." The teacher admitted. "I would bring her home but my husband doesn't really like children."

Hana gave her a small smile. "Don't worry, Sooji can stay at the hospital. There's plenty of beds and staff to take care of her." Hana told her. The daycare teacher nodded her head.

"Thank you so much doctor. I'll be heading out now."

Hana waved to the teacher as she left before making her way to where Sooji was playing with Doyoung's hair, making a complete mess out of it.

"Sooji, what are you doing with Dr. Bunny's hair?" Hana asked. Sooji smiled at her.

"Making a bird's nest." Sooji responded as she giggled. Doyoung squeezed the little girl, tickling her.

"Dr. Kang, you don't think I look good?" Doyoung asked with a mischievous grin. Hana shook her head.

"I like your normal hair better." Hana said, sitting beside Doyoung and fixing his hair.

The doors to the operating rooms and Haechan came running out, covered in blood. Doyoung held Sooji's head so she was facing him, covering her ears.

"Haechan, what's going on?" Hana asked the intern.

"He's loosing a lot of blood, it doesn't look good." Haechan said before running off to get blood bags. Seconds later, Mark came running out. Hana asked the same question.

"Internal bleeding in the brain, Dr. Jeong working really hard, but he's worried." Mark said just as Haechan returned. Mark grabbed half the blood bags from his arms before they both returned to the OR.

Sooji poked Hana's arm as Doyoung her tightly. "Are my parents going to be okay?" Sooji asked the two. Hana exchanged looks with Doyoung.

"The doctors are working really hard, Sooji. They're doing everything they can." Hana said. Sooji nodded her head before resting it on Doyoung's chest.

Hana and Doyoung sat there in silence as they waited to see how Sooji's parents would be. Sooji soon fell asleep in Doyoung's arms. Hana rested her head on Doyoung's shoulder, holding his free hand in between hers.

"I hope they're okay. The last thing I want is another orphan." Hana told him. Doyoung nodded his head in agreement.

"Me too, Hana. Me too." Doyoung responded.

Eventually the sliding doors opened, waking up Sooji. In her sleepy state, she turned to Taeil before turning back to Doyoung. She hugged tightly onto his torso, burying her tiny face in his chest as Doyoung softly patted her back.

As Hana and Doyoung looked at Taeil, he shook his head. Sooji's father didn't make it. He mouthed.

"Dr. Kang, Dr. Bunny, I'm sleepy." Sooji mumbled just as the doors opened, Mark stepping out.

"Dr. Kang, Dr. Kim, can one of you scrub in and help Dr. Jeong?" Mark asked the two of them.

Doyoung passed Sooji to Hana. "I'll go." He said, standing up.

"Are you sure?" Hana said as she took Sooji in her arms, the small girl hugging tightly to her body. Doyoung nodded his head.

"Yes, I think Sooji would want you bringing her up." Doyoung told her. He moved forward and hugged her with one arm, giving her head a small peck before heading into the OR with Mark.

"Are you two dating?" Hana had completely forgotten Taeil was there. She looked up at the male who was clearly hurt.

"It's alright if you are, I just want to know." Taeil said. Hana nodded her head.

"Yeah, we are." Hana admitted. Taeil was quiet, slowly taking her words in. Eventually, he spoke again.

"You should head up now, Sooji's tired." Taeil said, motioning to the girl in her arms.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Taeil." Hana said to the Chief of Surgery.

"See you, Hana."

...

"Sooji, are you comfortable?" Hana asked the small girl as she tucked her in bed. Sooji looked at Hana with her big round eyes.

"Dr. Kang, do you have to go?" Sooji asked her.

"What's wrong?" Hana asked the small girl as her eyes started to water.

"I-I miss my mommy and daddy." Sooji said as the tears started to fall down her face. Hana bit her lip, not wanting to tell her how her father didn't make it. Instead, she took off her shoes and climbed into Sooji's bed.

"Sooji, it's okay, I'm here." Hana said as Sooji clutched onto her body, crying into her scrubs. Hana patted her head, running her fingers through her hair.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" Sooji asked. Hana looked at the time, knowing it was well into the night, only a number of hours before she would be returning to the hospital.

"Of course." Hana said, hugging the girl back as they both got comfortable in the bed. Soon they were both fast asleep, Hana holding the little girl in her arms.

...

Hana woke up to sound of the room of the hospital door opening. She opened her eyes to see Doyoung walking in.

"Um, Jaehyun's outside, is it okay if he comes in." Doyoung asked. Hana nodded as she smoothed the Sooji's hair as she laid there, clinging onto Hana as she still slept.

Jaehyun walked in, dark bags under his eyes. Hana could tell that Sooji's mother's surgery was long and hard.

"Are you okay?" Hana asked him. Jaehyun looked her in the eyes.

"I should be asking you that." Jaehyun said. Hana looked towards Doyoung.

"What's going on?" Hana asked as she say up, careful not to wake Sooji up. Jaehyun let out a deep sigh.

"I did everything I can to try to save Sooji's mother, but the head injury was too bad. She's brain dead, Hana."

Hana stayed silent as she took in the information. She looked at the girl who was clutching onto her body as if her life depended on it. "What happens to Sooji?"

"There's a representative from child welfare here that wants to talk to Sooji." Doyoung explained. "We can wait until she wakes up, though."

Sooji suddenly stirred in her sleep. "Mommy?" Sooji whimpered as her eyes fluttered open. Hana patted her head as Jaehyun bowed his head, exiting the room.

"It's just me." Hana said as Sooji looked up at her.

"Oh, good morning Dr. Kang." Sooji glanced over to Doyoung before adding, "and Dr. Bunny."

"Good morning Sooji." Doyoung looked at Hana. "I'll let the representative in then."

The child welfare representive entered the hospital room, greeting the three of them. Doyoung sat on the other side of Sooji, wrapping an arm around Hana as the small girl sat in Hana's lap, burying her head in her chest as the representative sat in a chair, explaining Sooji's situation.

"Sooji has no living relatives, which puts us in tough situation." The representative explained. "The parents also had no will since the death was so sudden. This means that Sooji will have to go to foster care."

Sooji shook her head. "I don't want to leave." Sooji mumbled into Hana's chest. Hana exchanged looks with Doyoung. "I want to stay with Dr. Kang."

Hana looked down at the girl she was holding before looking up at the representative. "In that case, can I adopt her?" Hana asked.

The representative had no expression on her face as she crossed her legs in her chair. "You would have to go through an interview first. Considering the fact that you'd be a single mother and that you're a full-time surgeon, chances of them allowing you to take custody of Sooji are slim to none."

"What if she wasn't a single mother." Doyoung butted in. Doyoung must have noticed the look on Hana's face as he added, "hypothetically speaking."

"If Dr. Kang had a partner, it would give her a greater chance. There still is a house inspection and background check for both her and her partner, along with the interview." The representative paused. "Dr. Kang, do you have a partner?"

"Yes." Doyoung answered for her as Hana shot him a look. "She does. It's me."

The representative nodded her head. "Well in that case, we could complete the paperwork, but I would need evidence."

"Sorry, could you please excuse us for a moment?" Hana asked. The representative nodded, standing up.

"I'll be waiting outside." The representative said before leaving. Once the door was closed, Hana turned towards Doyoung.

"Kim Doyoung, what the heck are you saying?" Hana exclaimed. Doyoung covered Sooji's ears.

"Hana, you heard what she said. Sooji's going to go to foster care if we don't adopt her." Doyoung said.

"We? You can't just say we're partners when we just started dating!" Hana argued.

"Okay fine. Hana marry me." Doyoung said bluntly.

"What?"

"You heard me. Marry me."

"You can't just say that out of nowhere!"

"Do you not love me enough to marry me?" Doyoung asked, his eyes staring into hers.

"No, that's not what I mean." Hana said with a sigh. She hugged Sooji who was clearly upset at the argument she was having with Doyoung. "This is all just happening so fast."

"I know." Doyoung said as he wrapped his arms around both girls. His voice was soft and warm. "But if we don't make up our minds soon, Sooji is going to end up in foster care."

Hana watched as Doyoung softly caressed Sooji's cheek as the girl looked up at him. "Sooji, do you want Dr. Kang and Dr. Bunny to be your new parents?" Hana asked.

"Dr. Kang and Dr. Bunny... new parents?" Sooji asked back, staring at the both of them with wide eyes. Doyoung nodded his head.

"Yes Sooji. We'll live with you and take care of you just like mommy and daddy." Doyoung explained to her. A small smile appeared on the girl's face as she nodded her head.

"So I get to see Dr. Kang and Dr. Bunny all the time? And they'll cook and play with me all the time?" Sooji asked. Hana and Doyoung couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes Sooji, and we'll love you as much as your parents did." Hana told her Sooji immediately gave Hana a hug before doing the same with Doyoung.

"Sooji would like that." Sooji said as she buried her face into Doyoung's chest. Hana turned to face her boyfriend.

"Doyoung, I think I've made my decision." Hana told him with a smile.

"What is it?" Doyoung asked as he tickled the small girl in his arms.

"I need a better proposal later on, but yes, Kim Doyoung. I'll marry you."

———————————————————————————

Sooji ^^

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

87.6K 2.7K 53
𝙣𝙚𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙚 #2 - is he really hers? » neowise series #2 » lee taeyong epistolary » date started: 2020-08-13 » date finished: 2020-09-05
75.3K 5.2K 44
❝Magic can do many strange things.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2020
132K 6.8K 32
By sending the wrong text to the wrong number he saved his own life. -Themes including suicide are mentioned -Markhyuck -complete
113K 10.8K 71
❝Simon Says we're a real vibe killer...❞ -It's too late now, but I regret everything. Horror Game au. --In order to fulfill their wishes they have to...