THE BOSS AGENT

By szsisters

"You looked like a ferocious animal on a hunt for many years during the fight." "Whatever" "Alright alright... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
DESCRIPTION
1. OH? SO MY FACE IS PRETTY NOW?
2. BOSS'S CALL.
3. HEY THERE, BEAUTIFUL.
4. OH....THIS SHOULD BE FUN.
5. HELP! WE'RE DROWNING. CALL THE CHIEF.
6. IT'S TIME.
7. AYE! AYE! CAPTAIN.
8. DELTA B.
9. TELL ME...NOW.
10. THIS PLACE IS SO COOL.
11. VERY SMART, INDEED.
12. TELL ME WHEN YOU'RE READY.
13. BULLSEYE.
14. WE CAN PROTECT OURSELVES.
15. YOU WERE SAYING?
16. I GOT YOU A BRACELET.
17. I AM TOO YOUNG TO DIE.
19. I AM RIGHT BEHIND YOU.
20. I AGREE TO DISAGREE.
21. I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM DOING THIS.
22. NICE TO MEET YOU.
23. THAT'S A LONG STORY.
24. GOOD NIGHT, LITTLE ONE.
25. YOU ARE WORTH IT.
26. THIS LOOKS SO DOPE.
27. YOU CAN CALL ME GWEN.
28. HE IS FINALLY HERE.
29. LET THE REAL PARTY BEGIN.
30. ANY LAST WORDS?
31. I NEED SOME TIME.
32. PARTNER IN CRIME.
33. YOUR BLOOD?
34. I KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE.
35. TRUTH HURTS.
36. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
37. TO RULE THE WORLD.
38. IT'S OKAY TO BE YOU.
39. I MADE MY CHOICE.
40. THE HEADQUARTERS.
41. IT'S EIGHTEEN.
42. BOSS AGENT.
43. PEACE.
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
DON'T GET KILLED
MISSED ME?
YOU LIED TO HIM
WE ARE HOME
WAFFLES OR PANCAKES?
SPOKE TOO SOON
LEGACY
I'LL SEE YOU SOON
ONE LAST TIME
FIRST WORDS
EPILOGUE.

18. EVERYONE SUIT UP.

625 31 4
By szsisters

Agent Eighteen's POV:

"For real Ben, how many times do I have to repeat myself?"

"Just once."

"I already explained it last night."

"I can't remember... How about you repeat once?" Ben asks with pleading eyes.

I glare back. "How about I slit your throat?"

"Oh you wouldn't," he states triumphantly.

I glare and pick my pocket knife and throw it in the air. It whizzes past his throat narrowly missing and gets embedded on the wall.

"You were saying?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"You still wouldn't," he says with an unvanquished smile.

I let out a sigh. He always wins. I step forward and switch on the hologram 3D projection mapping.

"Alright, let's run through the plan again," I say and stand in front of the table with my team gathering around.

"We all will be in our respective disguises. Alex will be acting like a regular employee while I would walk in as an interviewee. Liam and Meghan will be the security guard and will try to get Jenny into the security room. Ben will be on the rooftop of the other building close to Smith's enterprises. Am I clear?" I ask and see everyone nodding their head except Ben.

"Perfect," Liam exclaims.

"No, it's not. What am I supposed to do on the other building? I'll be missing out all the action," he bawled.

I rolled my eyes. "You will know how important your job is while we reach there," I say.

"It better be," he says in mock anger.

"Alright everyone, suit up," I say and walk back to my room. I pick out a formal work wear pant suit and chiffon blouse shirt top. I style my brown hair in a high ponytail and pick my guns and knives and strap it against my ankle and wristband.

I walk out to see Alex wearing a casual white shirt with a blazer on. Liam and Meghan were disguised in guard's uniform. Jen and Ben were in their casual attire.

We walk towards the garage and buckle up inside our van. Within an hour or so, we reach our destination. I turn around to look at my team.

"It's time. We all will stay connected through comms. Make sure civilians don't get injured if the fight gets out of hand. Okay?"

Everyone nods their head in affirmative.

"Alright then, best of luck," I say and ask Alex to hop off the van as we all switch on the comms.

He walks towards the company.

"Are you sure he won't get into trouble?" I ask Jen.

"Don't worry. He won't. I already encrypted the database to allow him access into the building through the ID."

I see Alex scan his ID and got in without any difficulty.

That was easy.

"Alex are you in?" I ask through the comm.

"Yeah, the building is quite fanc-" he gets cut off by Ben.

"Mic check. Mic check. One-two-three," I glare at Ben.

"Shut up," I snap.

"Fourfivesixseveneightnineten," Ben rushes the words out.

I hear Alex chuckle. "The building is quite fancy. There is a lobby in the front and elevator to my right. There are two guards on the entrance and few in and around. I think it's the right time for you to come in."

"Alright then, I am leaving," I say into the comm and walk forward towards the company.

"Excuse me miss, I am afraid you are not allowed in without your appointment or ID," the guard says in a strict tone.

"Oh, I do have an appointment. I was called in for an interview by marketing department."

"Oh... I am sorry miss. You can go in," he says.

I give him a meek smile and walk in. I must say, the company is indeed fancy. I walk towards the lobby and ask for Noah's cabin although I know where it's located. The receptionist types something and lends me a card that would lead me to his office.

I walk towards the elevator and swipe the card that would lead me to his floor.

"Status guys."

"Noah's floor."

"Outside the building."

"At the entrance."

"At the control room."

"Taking an elevator to the so called building opposite to Smith's enterprises."

I roll my eyes.

"Jen, it's your turn," I say.

I hear Jen clicking on her iPad. She is standing right outside the building and I hope she gets caught.

"Hey you!" I hear the director of the security call out to grab the attention of Jen.

And she does.

"What do you think you're doing here?" I hear the director scream at Jen. "What's with that iPad? Are you trying to hack into our systems?"

"N-No sir. I w-wouldn't. I mean I didn't," she trembles.

"I am gonna take you to the boss. Let him decide what is to be done," the head of the security yells in anger.

"Sir, there is a problem in the electrical signal and wiring. I think it might need your immediate attention. I'll escort this culprit to the boss," Liam says. I hear footsteps retreating.

"Jen is here at the control room. We are waiting for your word," Liam says.

"Perfect," I say as I hear the ding of the elevator. I casually walk forward and tell the assistant about my appointment.

"You have an appointment? I don't remember Mr. Smith having any appointment today on his schedule," the lady barks. I glare back.

"How about you check your computer once?" I say with a venomous tone.

She shudders and scrambles through the database. She fixes her glasses and turns towards me with her eyes holding fear.

"Ah, yes ma'am. You do have an appointment. I'll let Mr. Smith know about your presence," she trembles.

"Thanks," I say with a sweet innocent smile which completely contradicts my earlier demeanor. She rings Noah and lets him know about the appointment and within few minutes I was asked to walk in.

Before I walk in, I hear Ben scream in happiness.

"Thank you so much eighteen."

"Oh you saw the rifle huh?"

"I did," his tone filled with merriment. I smile and walk forward.

I knock on the door and I hear 'come in' on the other side. I push open the door and walk in. Noah was busy sorting out the papers on his desk. He turns towards me as he hears my footsteps.

"Take your seat," he orders.

I glare at him while he was going through his screen.

"I suppose you're here for an interview for marketing department."

No, not really...

"Indeed sir," I reply innocently.

I hear Ben laugh loudly on the comms on my innocent facade.

"Your name?"

"Emily Carter."

"Ooo, Carter huh?" I hear Ben poke fun at me as Alex suppress his laugh. I inwardly roll my eyes.

"So, what inspired you to pursue a career in marketing?"

Well, nothing much. I am just here to complete my mission.

"I have always had a strong creative side and an interest in visual arts. I do have experience of two years in DDB. I think that experience combined with my education really solidified marketing as my career of choice," I say with a constant smile.

"Impressive. So, you have worked in DDB. What made you choose my company?"

The answer is pretty interesting. I chose your company to abduct you to spill out the truth about Maria Evans.

"Indeed it shall be a privilege for any aspiring professional to have a fruitful career with a reputed firm like yours," I finish my big fat lie.

"That's true. So, last question, where do you see yourself in five years?"

What a lame question. What does it have to do with you to where I see myself in five years?

"In five years, I hope to have had one or two more senior marketing positions and determine what area of marketing I would like to specialize in."

He nods his head. "Alright, congratulations Miss Carter. You got the job and you can join in from tomorrow," he says as he stretches his hand for a handshake.

Why, no thanks.

Just as I was about to accept his handshake, fire alarm blares off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.5K 27
Kimberly Zanders was the nerd. The one who was always pushed around not only because she was a nerd but because she was chubby. She always kept quiet...
23.9K 1.1K 18
إن كُتِب قدر شخصين معاً فسيتقاطع طريقهما ذات يوم حتماً ليحوما حول الدنيا إذا ارادا للعثور على بعض وليختبئا للهروب من البعض وهجنا وثابتنا دكاترنا ا...
76.5K 1.6K 29
Kaylee Jackson has always been the definition of perfect. Perfect athletic skills, Perfect life, Perfect family, just perfect everything. One night c...
34.5K 2.5K 42
people read the book trust me on this one