To Fall And Conquer (It Girls...

By vousetesbeaux

Mona Lisa Clavel is a beautiful, smart, regal, and classy surgeon with a body that can pass to be one of thos... More

To Fall And Conquer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 33

47.2K 1.9K 1.3K
By vousetesbeaux

Chapter 33

Things He'd Do For The Woman He Loves The Most

"God, they look so beautiful." I heard Beatrix who was sitting beside me exclaimed under his breath. I'm certain that she's not talking to me but I couldn't help but to silently agree because they do look beautiful. Colton and Jess.

Nandito na kami ngayon sa clubhouse nitong Amanpulo, this is where we continued the event. Jessica's dress tonight was different compared to the white wedding dress that she wore as she walked down the white sand aisle that has a lot of petals scattered around.

On the other table, nando'n ang parents ni Colton kasama ang mga tao na may mataas na posisyon sa airline nila. May kasama rin silang isang binata at dalaga na walang ibang ginawa kung hindi magsabong. Well, the guy was quiet but the woman was very loud in expressing how much he hates the young fine looking man. Kung irapan niya ito ay akala mo wala nang bukas.

Muli kong ibinalik ang tingin sa bagong kasal.

Jess is now wearing a purple gradient off shoulder dress with the right amount of glitters in it, this one cost a million if I'm not mistaken. Pero mas mahal ang wedding gown niya. Her hair was now pulled into a low bun with a braid on the side, still wearing that tiara that she wore as she walked down the aisle.

"I'm so happy for them, Kaye... After everything that has happened, they both deserve this. I'm like a proud mama!" Beatrix said to Kayeleen who was sitting beside her. Kayeleen was Ian's cousin's girlfriend.

Noong unang kita ko kay Matthias akala ko ay siya iyong tipong hindi marunong mag settle down sa isang babae pero nagulat ako nang makita ko siya ng mga ilang beses na inaantay si Kaye sa labas ng ospital.

"Girl, me too. Pero alam mo noong una mong pinakilala sa akin si Colton, akala ko talaga kami ang magkakatuluyan kasi magkaibigan tayo... Nag-expect ako. Pero may naunan ka na palang best friend na kinababaliwan ni Colton. Sana naging kaklase na lang kita nung kinder! Baka sakaling sa akin siya nabaliw. Charot!"

I almost choke on my own saliva the moment I heard Kaye's statement. But on the other hand, at least I'm not alone in this. I'm not the only woman who finds Colton attractive despite him being married and all.

"What the hell?" Halos masuka na si Beatrix. "Naka-on na naman 'yang haliparot mode mo porket wala si Matt dito!" Nakangiwi pa nitong dagdag.

"Girl, I'm just trying to appreciate your brother's undying sex appeal! You know me, I'm appreciative."

"Oh my God. Can you please stop saying disgusting things? My baby can hear you!" She said, caressing her baby bump against the canyon rose fabric of her dress. The maid of honor and all the bridesmaids are actually wearing a canyon rose colored dress but with different designs. Mine was off shoulder, showing a generous amount of my cleavage.

Sumagot pa si Kaye ngunit hindi ko na sila pinakinggan. I drew my attention back to the newly wed couple, standing in the middle with the spotlight directed to them. The whole place was dim at sila lang ang main of attraction. They were going for a slow dance.

Three little words

Say more than enough

We got that foundation we've been buildin' up

And it didn't take long

To know you're the one

That communication made me fall in love

I smiled internally the moment I watched them sway together with the music as they held each other's hands, one of Colton's arms was snaked around Jess' waist.

Who knew we'd meet this soon?

Falling like lovers do

Now we get our whole lives together

We could call a long time forever

Yeah, I'm your biggest fan

And you like me as I am

So I'ma always be down forever

"Oh my God... I'm so happy. Look at them..." I heard a sob coming from the pregnant woman beside me. My eyes are still fixed at Colton and Jess though.

They were looking at each other dearly with sweet and a genuine grin plastered on their lips, savoring the lyrics like Meghan Trainor personally wrote it for them. They look so in love— no, it was more than that. It was beyond love. It was something spectacular.

Even if I

I make mistakes

Yes, I'll admit

I fall apart

In front of your face

But you think it's cute

You make fun of me

Darlin', I know you're here to stay

You're here to stay

Jess' eyes start to moist as she looks at Colton putting every inch of her heart and every emotion that she has in her body with every stare that she gives to him. To her husband that she loves the most.

Baby, that's why

I'm stickin' with you

Whatever it takes

Darlin', I know you're here to stay

"Thank you for staying..." That's what I read from Jessica's quivering lips as tears start falling from her eyes. Colton said something, wiping the tears from his wife's eyes while his own tears are falling as well. He gave his wife a sweet smile before pressing his lips on her temple.

"This is the first time that I saw my brother cry," Dinig kong sabi ng umiiyak na si Beatrix.

They continued the slow dance with their arms wrapped around with each other and Colton's lips were pressed against Jess' temple.

I tilted my eyes up to prevent my tears from falling. I may not know their whole story but this moment was everything. According to Jess, she gave Colton a lot of reasons to leave but he stayed. He stayed despite how rough the situation was.

God, I want that kind of love. Someone who would stay no matter how rough the situation is. And I want to be looked at just the way Colton looks at Jess.

Dumako ang tingin ko sa katabi naming table, I almost jumped and fell from my seat the moment I met a pair of deep brown eyes, staring at me from across the table. It was Ciel.

My heart jumped just like how it did the first time I saw him tonight. Hindi sila sumabay ni Cyprian sa private plane na sinakyan namin papunta dito sa Amanpulo kahapon. Kanina ko lang siya nakita.

He looks ultraexpensive with the dark grey tuxedo that he's wearing. Matigas ang ekspresyon niya habang nakatitig siya sa akin, paulit-ulit ring nag-iigting ang kanyang bagang. And his hot as fuck curls never choose an outfit to transcend because whatever the hell he wears, may it be casual, formal, or his pilot uniform he would always look hot.

I almost frown the moment his eyes broke away from mine. That's when I realized that the Majai girl who was sitting beside him caught his attention. She was crying now as she watched Jess and Colton.

Ciel said something to her before getting some tissue paper on the table to give them to her. Pairap akong nag-iwas nang tingin.

Punasan mo na rin ang mga luha niya kung gusto mo! Wala akong pakialam! Salamat na lang sa lahat!

"Sana all nag s-stay," nasabi ko na lamang habang nakatitig na kina Colton.

Natawa si Mirae na nasa kaliwa ko, I can feel that she's giving me a ridiculous stare. I don't care.

"Staying wasn't always the best option in every situation. Sometimes you have to leave to allow them to feel what they have to feel and in order for you to save the only thing that you got left..."

I slowly tilted my head, giving Beatrix a side glance to make sure if she's talking to me. And she really is because she's looking at me with a faint yet painful grin on her face.

"Sorry. I just have to say it." Aniya nang wala akong maisagot. Kanina ko pa napapansin si Beatrix na palinga-linga sa buong paligid na para bang may hinihintay siyang dumating. My assumption on what she's going through was proven by her words.

"Yeah," I paused with a sigh before giving Ciel a quick glance. His attention was still on Majai, he was still talking to her. Nakanguso si Majai habang pinipigilan ang tawa kahit na naiiyak pa rin siya.

Looks like Ciel said something to make her laugh. He never did that to me. He never says something to make me life when I cry. He'd just wrap his arms around me and tell me all the sweetest things in the fucking world. Gusto kong isampal kay Majai 'yon.

Oh, fuck what am I thinking?

Muli kong ibinalik ang tingin ko kay Beatrix bago pa magdilim ang paningin ko sa dalawa.

"You're right." I said with a sigh.

Maybe that's why Ciel did leave is because he wants to save something that's left with him... or maybe not.

Hindi naman talaga niya ako gusto dati pa. He would always show that he does like me but in the end he would say that we're just friends. He's so full of shit. I don't even know what to think anymore.

"Trix, why aren't you sleeping? It's almost midnight!"

Reality pulled me back the moment I heard a woman's voice. Nang mag-angat ako nang tingin, I saw a woman with a short ash grey hair, she even got those perfect beach waves. Kasama niya si Eli Ponce de Leon na naghuhumiyaw rin ang kagwapuhan kahit dim ang lights. His eyes were fixed at the woman on my left but his expression remained unreadable.

Pasimple kong tiningnan si Mirae na hindi makatingin nang diretso at mukhang tensyonadong-tensyonado. She even started fidgeting her hands that were resting on her lap.

"It's alright... Ngayon lang naman ito. This is the most important night for my brother and my best friend. I don't want to miss the happenings."

"Alright... Hindi ka ba nagugutom?" The woman with ash grey hair asked.

"No. I'm good. Thank you, Zariel."

"Ikaw, I thought you're hungry? Kaya ka nag-ayang umalis sa table 'di ba?" Eli asked the Zariel girl.

She nodded before taking a sip of her champagne. "Yeah. I was. Who's the caterer? I want to ask if they can give me nonggalisa aside from these fancy food that they're serving... I've been craving for those!" She said, rolling her eyes.

"What? What kind of food is nonggalisa?" Salubong ang kilay na tanong ni Eli.

"Baka si Dok ang hinahanap niya. Si Dra. Nonggalisa Clavel." Kaye tried to crack a joke.

I just stared at Kaye.

The table went quiet until Beatrix let out an embarrassed groan.

"Doc, joke po 'yon. Nagjoke lang po ako, Doc." Medyo kinakabahan niyang paliwanag sa akin and before I could even respond Zariel let out a groan.

"You guys, I was talking about the nonggalisa! The sweet meat that looks like a fried penis! Para namang hindi kayo taga dito sa Pilipinas!"

"It's called longganisa. What the fuck, Zariel?" Eli replied, massaging his temple.

"Fried penis." Humagikgik na ulit ni Kaye. "I love fried penis, too." Dagdag pa niya at mas lalong humagikgik.

"Oh God..." Beatrix said under her breath, caressing her tummy.

Same, Beatrix. Same.

This is so fucked up. It feels like I was cornered by the two clones of Wynona Clavel. I'm going to die here in any second. Damn it!

"Longgnisa, nonggalisa, parehas naman ng sound! Right?" Binalingan niya kami nang tingin and her eyes stopped at Mirae. Naningkit ang mga mata niya at bahagya pa siyang yumuko na parang sinusuri ang hitsura ni Mirae.

"Oh my gosh! It's you! You're Eli's ex, right?" Binalingan niya nang tingin si Eli. "She's the one you always talk about when you were just in college, right? Si Miraceli? Nagse-send ka pa ng mga pictures niyo! Iniinggit mo pa ako! Magbe-break din naman pala kayo!" She laughed.

I eyed Miraceli, asking her using my eyes. She just gave me a sheepish shrug.

"Phil! Oh my God, Phil!" Pinanlakihan ni Beatrix ng mata si Atty. King Philip na kasalukuyang papalapit ngayon as if she was asking for help.

Phil gave Eli and Zariel a glance before looking back at Beatrix. I thought he's going to help and make this Zariel girl shut the fuck up but then he just raised both of his hands before shaking his head.

"I don't want to associate myself with any of this." He said before turning his back again.

"Did he just disown me?" Hindi makapaniwalang sabi ni Zariel.

"I'm actually tempted to do the same." Eli said.

"How dare you, Eliott Lawrence Ponce de Leon? Ako ang isa sa mga ginulo mo nung nagbreak kayo nitong si Miraceli! Inggrato!"

"You know what? Let's go get you some fried penis." Eli said through clenched teeth, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, dragging her after.

"Yay!" Zariel's response.

Eli looked at us over his shoulder as he kept dragging Zariel.

"I'm gonna kill her," He mouthed, sliding a hand on his neck before proceeding to drag her like he didn't just backstab her.

We all found ourselves laughing. Damn. That was bizarre.

Sa kalagitnaan nang pagtawa ko ay hindi ko sinasadyang mapatingin sa gawi nila Ciel. I choked on my own saliva the moment I met his eyes again. Muli akong nag-iwas nang tingin bago tumayo mula sa kinauupuan ko.

"I'm going for a walk." I said, letting out a subtle sigh. I need to be away from him and him sitting from the table just beside ours isn't helping. I just need him completely out of my sight.

"Hey," tila ba nahila ako sa realidad nang bigla kong makasalubong ang isang matangkad na lalaki, looking so fabulous in his grey tux. And he's carrying a round tray with drinks on it! What the hell?

"Hey." I greeted him back, smiling at him and giving him a ridiculous stare at the same time.

"You need anything?" He asked, eyeing me with a polite grin on his face. He's got those stubbles covering his chin, making him look more masculine and hot.

He was the kind of guy that leads the whole building while Ciel was the kind of guy who rules the skies.

Why did he even cross my mind? This is ridiculous.

"Yeah. I was actually going to get myself a drink."

He bit his bottom lip. "Well, you bumped with the right guy. What drink do you prefer, Doc?" He grinned.

Natawa ako. "Do we have champagne there, waiter?"

Bahagya niyang ibinaba ang bilog na tray. "I still have three left. I can give them all to you... But let's just keep it secret. We don't want my boss to fire me." He winked, handing me the first glass.

I let out a short chuckle, accepting the glass. "You're crazy! Alam ba ni Colton itong ginagawa mo?" Natatawa ko pa ring sabi sa kanya bago sumimsim sa baso.

"That man can't take his eyes off his wife. I doubt he does. How's my champagne?" He asked, as if he personally made this drink.

"Your champagne is pwede na... So, ano ang trip ng isang Engr. Ezekiel Ponce de Leon? Is this how you get a woman to go home with for the night?" I teased him, taking a sip from my champagne.

Humahalakhak siya. "I don't need to play waiter just to get a woman I can go home with."

"Yabang!"

"It's true. I'm not really this extra when it comes to flirting. I just got bored... Anyway, you're kind of tall. Are you somehow a flight attendant or a model perhaps?"

I paused for a second, my eyebrows creasing. I thought he knew that I'm a surgeon? But I was kind of flattered that he thought that I was a model.

"I'm actually a surgeon. Cardiothoracic surgeon." I said, still looking at him unsure.

"Wow. That's impressive. Is it true that wines are good for the heart?"

"Well, it has antioxidants that may help protect the lining of the heart's blood vessels but we don't really recommend intaking wine just to protect the heart, especially for patients with alcohol addiction history."

Tumango-tango siya, attentively listening to me. "So, what's your favorite wine?"

Ngumuso ako. "I like the Chateau Lafite— wait, wait." Natigilan ako at pinaningkitan ko siya ng mga mata nang bigla akong may ma-realize. "Oh, so that's how you flirt? That was your technique?" Natatawa kong sabi, still mindblown.

A delicious chuckle rose from his throat. "I already knew that you're a surgeon." He shrugged.

"You're good! You almost got me there!" I laughed, still amused.

He shrugged, taking one of the champagne on his tray, urging me for a toast with a grin on his face.

"Are you allowed to drink the drinks that you are serving?" I giggled.

"No. But let's say that I hate my job and I really, really wanted to get fired. Cheers?"

Tumawa ako. "Cheers!" Damn. This guy is good and fun to talk to. His sense of humor is on fire.

There was still a left over smile on my face as I was about to take a sip of my champagne but my smile suddenly fell off when I met Ciel's dagger looks from behind Kiel. He was with Cyprian, they were about three feet away holding their drinks as well.

His hand was in his pocket while the other was holding his drink, matiim at matalim ang mga titig na ipinupukol niya sa akin habang naka-igting ang kanyang panga. Cyprian was saying something but it was obvious that he's not listening.

What an asshole. Nag-iwas na lamang ako nang tingin at muling ibinaling ang tingin ko kay Kiel.

"You have anything to eat there? Like fruits or whatever?" Nasabi ko na lamang.

He jerked his head on the side. "Let's get inside, ma'am and I'll show you."

And so we did, we made our way inside and I wanted to salute myself because I managed to be still despite the weight of the stare of Ciel Alfieri behind my back. I spent an hour with Kiel, talking about silly things and laughing at his jokes. I even met his sister, iyong bunso nila, si Brielle.

She liked me... hindi katulad ng Megi na iyon na akala mo kung sino. And why am I even associating that has something to do with him in everything that I do?

"Hey..." Mahina kong tawag kay Kiel. Isa-isa nang naglalapitan ang mga pinsan niya dito and I think this is my cue to leave dahil ako na lang ang hindi Ponce de Leon dito.

"Yeah?"

"I gotta go and find Cyprian. Baka isipin no'n nakalimutan ko na siya." Sabi ko na lamang. Medyo totoo naman dahil wala pa kaming matinong usap ni Cyprian ngayon. Parati kasi silang magkadikit ni Ciel!

Tumango siya. "Hatid na kita palabas." Aniya at bago pa ako makatanggi ay tumayo na siya mula sa kanyang pagkakaupo.

Nagpaalam siya sa mga pinsan nang makatayo na kami pareho.

"Doc, alam mo bang crush ka ng kuya ko noong senior highschool kayo?" Eli suddenly said and I didn't know if he was kidding or not.

"Seriously, Ezekiel Felix Ponce de Leon the third? Senior highschool tapos ngayon ka lang kumilos?" It was Zariel. But instead of answering them ay nagkibit balikat lamang ito at iginaya na ako palabas.

"Tell me that's a joke." I said, quite chuckling in disbelief.

Tiningnan niya ako ng may ngisi sa mga labi habang naglalakad kami palabas. "It's true... I really had a crush on you way back in senior high. I once asked Colton and your friends if they could help me but Alfieri said a firm no. Abrigo and Colton said no, too after." Natawa siya.

I was still silent, trying to process what he said.

"You're here..." He announced.

I gave him a faint smile. "Thanks" I absentmindedly said.

"No problem."

Naglakad-lakad ako while still processing everything and my feet brought me to the corner where there were a lot of trees and golf carts. Mas tahimik dito at medyo na fi-filter ang ingay na nangggaling sa loob.

Natigilan ako at halos manigas ang buong katawan ko nang makita ko si Ciel na nakatalikod habang ang dalawa niyang kamay ay nakasuksok sa kanyang bulsa, he was staring at the trees, I think? And how can I not know that this was Ciel? I know the way he stands, I know those hot as fuck curls.

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me. Have you seen Cyprian?" Hindi ko alam kung paano ko nagawang gawing buo ang boses ko.

I subtly swallowed the lump in my throat the moment his head moved, giving me a glance over his shoulder.

Hindi siya kaagad sumagot. Muli niyang ibinalik ang tingin sa mga puno.

"Ewan ko. Ba't 'di mo itanong kay Kiel." Matabang niyang sagot.

Halos malaglag ang panga ko sa sinabi niya. I was staring at him in disbelief even though I know that he can't see me.

"You know what? I would! If only Kiel and Cyprian were close, siya na lang ang tatanungin ko kaysa magsayang pa ako ng laway sa kagaya mo!"

Before I could even walk out on him, he immediately spun, surprising me with that hard expression and intimidating aura.

"Edi sa kanya ka! Puntahan mo siya! Sabihin mo makipag close siya kay Cyprian para h'wag nang masayang ang laway mo sa katulad ko!" He angrily hissed, a vein popping on his neck.

I narrowed my eyes at him, not wanting to lose the argument.

"Oo talaga! Talagang sasabihin ko 'yon! He's really nice kaya magkakasundo sila kaagad ni Cyprian!" Pagyayabang ko pa.

A mocking laugh freed from his lips before staring at me sharply as his jaw clenched. "How'd you know that he's nice? You only talked to him for like a fucking hour," he said, taunting.

"Well, if you three didn't just intervene when he asked help from you then maybe we could have been talking for a long a damn time!"

He freeze. Completely taken aback.

I gave him a challenging look. "O, ano? Hindi ka makasagot?"

He didn't reply. He just clenched his jaw, running his fingers through his slight curls.

I took a step forward, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You rejected me and then you'd come around pushing away those guys who are into me! Really, Ciel? At ngayon naman, nagagalit ka sa'kin dahil kausap ko si Kiel? I thought you wanted me to stay away from you? Tapos ngayong lumalayo ako, nagagalit ka! You are so full of shit, Ciel Dmitri Alfieri!"

He snapped his head towards my direction, taking steps towards me. Napaatras ako dahil sa galit sa kanyang mukha. His eyes were like burning holes.

"This is not what I want! This is what you want! Because if you'd ask me, I want nothing but to stay anywhere near you!" He yelled.

I was taken aback, looking like a frightened puppy while staring at him with my lips parted.

He shut his eyes, letting his head fall back as he rub his hands on his face.

He exhaled a sharp and deep breath as he fixed his eyes on the ground. "I chose to leave because you said that you hated my presence... I was actually expecting you to run after me that night, pero wala. Hindi mo man lang ako pinigilan."

Natawa siya nang pagak.

"And I thought, why would you waste your time just to run after me? It was just me we're talking about. Hindi naman ako si Colton... The Colton Ponce de Leon who pushed you to become the better version of yourself," he let out a broken laugh, looking at me in the eyes.

My heart clenched the moment I saw the pain straining his deep brown eyes.

"But what about me, Mona? Aside from all the pain that I gave you, did I somehow manage to contribute something good in you? Something that would make you value me the way you value Colton? Or Cyprian? Or this Kiel that you just met?"

His voice and the way he stares at me are like knives, stabbing on my chest.

"Mona, when will you see me? When will you see my efforts? I get that I hurt you. I get that you're angry because I betrayed you and I don't want to take your right to be mad at me for as long as you want pero putangina! Akala mo ba ikaw lang ang nasaktan? Akala mo ba madali sa'kin ang ginawa ko? I didn't do that for myself, Mona. I did that to protect you!"

"Araw-araw natatakot ako para sa'yo... Natatakot ako sa pwede nilang gawin sa'yo. What if while I was in training, basta ka na lang nila kunin habang pauwi ka? What if Adam would do so much worse to you? I don't even want you to go to the restroom all by yourself because the last time that you did, binastos ka na naman! Do you know how hard it is to watch you being mistreated everyday? The sight of you getting hurt tears me apart! If only I could stay with you for 24/7, without a doubt I will, Mona! Wala akong hindi kayang gawin para sa'yo..."

I gasped for air because my lungs hurt so much that I couldn't breathe. Tears start flowing on my eyes abundantly as I keep on staring at him, not knowing what to say or do.

His words aren't just coming out from his mouth, they're coming from his chest. This was his sincere truth. His sincere truth that's wrecking every inch of me.

His eyes remained on mine as a bitter smile crept on his lips. "That's why I'm sorry, Mona. I'm sorry that I had to break my promise to you. I needed to do that, I needed make you leave no matter how much it would break me and you because I'd rather see you despise me than to watch you being tear apart every fucking day. I don't want to wake up one day, seeing you lost yourself completely because of how cruel this world is to you. I don't want to put you in that situation."

"I didn't make you leave because I want to, I made you leave because I don't want this world to take away the only thing that's got left on you. I had to hurt you because I love you, Mona. I always do... even if you don't." He painfully whispered those last four words before finally taking his steps, passing me by and leaving me here with my heart ripped out on my chest.

I sat on the ground because my knees couldn't take it. I buried my face on my hands, allowing myself to let my painful sobs out.

"I do, Ciel... I do love you." I kept on sobbing against my palm even though I knew that he couldn't hear me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925K 17K 44
Audrey Claurette Del Vierre, someone who wanted freedom went to a place she's unfamiliar to, just so she could explore things. There she met the self...
1.3M 38.8K 50
Si Aitana ay simpleng guro na nagtuturo sa pampublikong paaralan. Hindi naman talaga nya pangarap ang maging guro. Naging guro sya dahil sa tiyahin n...
490K 14.5K 44
MONTEVINSKI SERIES #4 Alanis Gray Montevinski, a girl who was loved and adored by everyone was locked and froze by a tragedy. She learned that distan...