My life's meaning |✔️

By titi_hendrix

A Stephen James book! (BWWM) "What the hell? No, get your ass in that house and beat Elijah's ass" she pulls... More

•|1|•
•|2|•
•|3|•
•|4|•
•|5|•
•|6|•
•|7|•
•|8|•
•|9|•
•|10|•
•|11|•
•|12|•
•|13|•
•|14|•
•|15|•
•|16|•
•|17|•
•|18|•
•|19|•
•|20|•
•|21|•
•|22|•
•|23|•
•|24|•
•|25|•
•|26|•
•|27|•
•|28|•
•|29|•
•|30|•
•|31|•
•|32|•
•|33|•
•|34|•
•|35|•
•|36|•
•|37|•
•|38|•
•|39|•
•|40|•
•|41|•
•|42|•
•|43|•
•|44|•
•|45|•
•|46|•
•|47|•
•|48|•
•|49|•
•|50|•
•|51|•
•|52|•
•|53|•
•|54|•
•|55|•
•|56|•
•|57|•
•|58|•
•|59|•
•|60|•
•|61|•
•|62|•
•|63|•
•|64|•
•|65|•
•|66|•
•|67|•
•|68|•
•|69|•
•|70|•
•|71|•
•|72|•
•|73|•
•|74|•
•|75|•
•|76|•
•|77|•
•|78|•
•|79|•
•|80|•
•|81|•
•|82|•
•|83|•
•|84|•
•|85|•
•|86|•
•|87|•
•|88|•
•|89|•
•|90|•
•|91|•
•|92|•
•|93|•
•|94|•
•|95|•
•|96|•
•|97|•
•|98|•
•|99|•
•|100|•
•|101|•
•|102|•
•|103|•
•|104|•
•|105|•
•|106|•
•|107|•
•|108|•
•|109|•
•|110|•
•|111|•
•|112|•
•|113|•
•|114|•
•|115|•
•|116|•
•|117|•
•|118|•
•|119|•
•|120|•
•|121|•
•|122|•
•|123|•
•|124|•
•|125|•
•|126|•
•|127|•
•|129|•
•|130|•
•|131|•
•|132|•
•|133|•
•|134|•
EPILOGUE
🚨THE SEQUEL IS OUT!🚨

•|128|•

11.2K 685 378
By titi_hendrix

*Disclaimer Idk how court actually is so just go with it*

Lauren Monique

Sitting in the courtroom I zoned in and out as the day went on until it was my time to come to the stand.

"Ms.Woods you were recently hospitalized for an a attempted suicide, correct?"

"Yes" I nod

Nodding Unique's lawyer looked down at her notes before turning back to me.

"It says here that this wasn't your first time doing something drastic like that, correct"

"Yes"

"Tell me how do you plan to care for two kids under the age of five if you aren't mentally stable, it takes a lot of patience and dedication to raise children.

"Objection" my lawyer sighs loudly

"I am very capable of loving and caring for them even if I'm not the same way with myself, I wouldn't dare do something as selfish while they were in my care. I've been the best mother I could be to both my kids and have never gotten a complaint from them"

"Delilah is my child!" Unique shouts hitting the table

"How could you get a complaint if one is nonverbal and the other is too young to understand what's going on?" Unique's lawyer asks

"Delilah is extremely observant and smart for a two year old, if she doesn't like something she won't hesitant to voice her opinion"

After more questions in that area they got took me off the stand and brought Unique on. My lawyer asked simple questions about Delilah and not surprisingly she got them all wrong except her birthday.

We switched again and it's now my time to answer the same questions.

"What's Delilah's favourite animal?"

"A cat"

"Her favorite color?"

"Purple"

she chanted it from green to be like her dad

"Is she allergic to anything?"

"Yes she's allergic to whole milk, mushroom, blueberry, pollen and ants"

"When's the last time she's been to the doctor?"

"About two months ago for a check up on her scalp, she has Tinea Capitis"

"No more further questions"

"Court dismissed until nine am tomorrow" the judge slammed her gravel

Taking my belongings I got up and followed the people in front of me out the courtroom.

Bakari and the boys showed up today like the did everyday for the passed two days, Sienna and the twins came as well. Tiana couldn't because of something going on with family but that as understandable.

They came everyday but not once did I speak to them in or outside the courtroom, I have nothing to say. What could I say?

Elijah will be released tomorrow, good for him right? I signed him out already so I wouldn't have to see or speak to him, how will he be getting home? I don't know.

I told Vivian what happened, surprisingly she stepped in and had called Elijah about it. At first she was upset but quickly got over it saying that's something we'd have to overcome ourselves because she's too old to be stressing over who's doing wrong in a relationship that's not hers. She also mentioned of beating both our asses for falling so far around and for Elijah having a secret kid knowing she's been bagging for more grandkids. The conversation was somewhat helpful, I think

Speaking of home I hadn't bother to go back since I found out about his secret kid.

Whenever I would shake one of the guards off my tail I'd go to one of my safe houses for the night.

Being in the house reminds me of everything I once had but is now gone, putting myself through more stress isn't going to help me so I left.

Kendall went for a pop up on the kids and found the phone, she took it and destroyed it so now I have no contact with them.

If I was the same person I was a year ago I'd be ready to end it all and let everything go but thankfully I'm stronger than my emotions let on.

"Move bitch" Unique spats bumping into me

Pinching my wrist I closed my eyes briefly and continued to walk out of the building and down the street, I parked four blocks away on purpose knowing if I would've parked in front of the building I'd run Unique straight the fuck over.

The sun beamed down on me like radiation does to a potato in a microwave, humming softly to a peaceful melody I fought the urge to make a scene. I could hear Unique talk shit to Kendall and her friends about me as if I was the same little girl that rolled over whenever she hurt or mistreated me. Little did she know I grew up to be a killer.

"Lauren?"

Pinching my wrist I sped up slightly, seeing my G wagon in this distance I checked the time.

"Lauren! Stop ignoring me"

Turning to the car driving slowly beside me I watched him get out the back seat and walked by side me.

"I thought you'd be out of state by now" continuing to pinching my wrist I unlocked my doors when I got close enough

"Aren't you the one who told me to stay" Matt chuckles as if his life being threatened means nothing to him

"Now I'm telling you to run, I gave you everything you need to underground and your family, why are you still in Cali?"

"Because you're here, I understand you don't want to be anything more than friends but I still don't want to leave you behind"

"That's dumb" getting into the drivers seat I reached out to close the door but Matt stood between me and the door. "move"

"Why are you so sad?"

"Look around Matt, I don't have anyone. My family is spilt up. What is there to be happy about? Huh the fact that Elijah has another kid or that I'm dying from the inside out? Let me be, go live your life while you still can"

"Let me ask you this, if he were to come and say he forgives you what would you do?"

"I'd feel somewhat better about our situation but it still doesn't fix our relationship or erase his daughter from our lives"

Don't get me wrong kids are a blessing but damn, does it really have to be his?

"And you'll go back to being his lap girl?"

"I wasn't his lap girl"

"Eh basically you were, you did everything he asked you to do including sit on his lap and look pretty whenever he had meeting at the mansion"

Staring the engine I drove off not carrying that my door was open or that Matt was leaning against it.

This time I didn't bother to shake the guards off my tail, I drove done the all too familiar road at full speed.

Some fucking lap girl

Getting a call from Quincy I answered, I've ignored him and my brothers long enough.

"Mook?"

"Yeah?"

"Where you at? I got something for you and someone wants to see you, can you stop by mama house?"

"Sure, I was just about to pass your neighborhood, come outside" slowing down I turned and pulled up into his driveway

I could see two SUV's follow me and park two houses down. I wonder what two dickheads are following me today.

Quincy's front door opened and out came him and Tj. Raising an eyebrow at the overnight bag Tj carried I downed my window.

"Where you going Tj?" I ask curiously

"With you" he answers in a duh tone

"I don't think that's—"

"You said I could come over anytime I want, I want to go now" he cuts me off reaching up to pull open the backseat door. "Quin help me, dummy"

"If it's too much I'll come get him but I really think you could benefit from him being around, so you won't be as lonely. I know how hard it is for you to be without the kids" Quincy mutters reaching in and giving me a hug before handing me a bag full of rice crispy treats and brownies. "those aren't kid friendly so don't give Tj any, he as his own snacks in his bag"

"Thank you" nodding I sat the bag on the passenger Seat while he went to help Tj get into the booster seat. "Tj did you eat anything?"

"Are you going to cook if I say no?" he smiles

"Fat ass, he just ate" Quincy laughs closing the door. "make sure he wakes up in the middle of the night, he pees the bed sometimes"

"I told you I keep having bathroom dreams, don't tell my business!" Tj shouts

"Bye man, y'all too much for me" laughing I backed out of the drive way and headed home, I can't take Tj to the safe house he'd be scared shitless by the surrounding area.

"Can we watch Thor and iron man when we get to your house?"

"We can watch anything you want boo"

***

"Mookie?" Tj questions holding my hand as we walk from the gas station a few blocks from my house. We needed a few wall plug ins for what I plan on making Squirt later on. "Why isn't Eli at your house?"

"Because he's bettering himself, he'll be back tomorrow hopefully"

"Oh and my cousins? They'll be back tomorrow too?"

"No, I'm not sure when they'll be back"

"Do you miss them?"

"Of course, there isn't a moment where I don't think about them. Without them I'm broken and flat out miserable" pinching my wrist I looked at it, the purple-ish marks covered both my wrist and half of my forearm

"Why do you do that?"

"I honestly don't know, it's became a habit"

"Hmm" nodding he hinted that he wanted me to buy him a car when he's older. Shaking my head at his words I looked around until my eyes landed on Remo, he sat in his car driving behind us slowly.

He apologized through text a few days ago, since he couldn't do it in person. I've been avoiding everyone.

"Is he going to run us over?" Tj frowns picking up his pace

"No, we're okay"

Pulling up beside us I glanced into his car seeing Tiana wearing dark shades and a lone tear roll down her cheek.

"You good Ti?" I question

"Yes, I'm just having family problems" nodding she waved at Tj. "hey"

"Hi" he waves

"Want to talk about it when we get in the house?" I can't fix my own problems but I can attempt to fix hers

"No but can we like I don't know cuddle?"

Starching my head I looked at Remo, nodding yes.

"Yeah sure"

And that's exactly what we did, in the movie room. Tj watched all the super hero movies he could find and went to sleep laying across both Tiana and I's lap.

Both Tiana and I'd phone went off with a breaking news notification, reading it I stared at the phone for a while before making eye contact.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" She questions standing up

"Mhm, and I thought I was as the reckless one" shaking my head I picked Tj up and turned off the movie screen. "it makes since why Geovani never yelled or cuss me out about what I've been doing"

"I can't believe they really did it" laughing we went up to the main floor and looked for the new Bonnie and Clyde

"You're back! hi" Sienna smiles getting off Geovani's lap, sitting beside him on the couch she held her hands together

"What are y'all doing with the money?"

"Money?" she asks sliding off the couch onto the floor, which is something she does when she's scared. Converting back to her six year old personality. I'm surprised she's still using English instead of Italian."Money?"

"You're not in trouble Sie, I'm just curious"

"Yeah why didn't you guys invite me on the heist?"

"Tiana" nudging her shoulder I gave her a warning look. "don't encourage that"

"Sorry" holding her hands up she backed up, saying she'll go find Remo

"That's what the mask was for? Hmph, don't do it again. Elijah will be back tomorrow and you know how he gets, and try not to be lovely dovely in the open. He doesn't like the idea of you dating"

"Him gon hurt us?" Sienna frowns backing in Geovani legs

"No, it's a family thing. He doesn't want to see you grow up, it's nothing bad. You have to ease the news of your relationship to him"

"Oh" nodding Sienna reaches up and took Geovani's phone out of his hands

"Geo" getting his attention I continued. "it was easy to identify you from the video in the bank, do better"

"Can you get rid of the video?"

"The video is everywhere, I can erase it"

Turning I went back upstairs, laying Tj in the guest bedroom across from mines. Closing the door I went back downstairs grabbing both my phone and keys.

"You leaving again?"Sienna frowns standing up quickly

"I'll be back before dark, if Tj wakes up let him know I went to see Sage please"

"You're therapist?" Geovani raises an eyebrow turning to me

"Yeah"

***

Pinching my wrist I looked around her office, plain and gray. Ew

"You should leave him"

Pausing my actions I looked at her warning her with my eyes.

"Excuse me?" I mutter thinking I heard her incorrectly

"Think about it, the both of you will benefit from splitting up. Co parent your kids and—"

"If we get the kids back, there's no telling" waving her off I looked away. "Elijah and I can't split up, we've done that already and need right back together. It's not an option"

"You don't think the two of you together are toxic?"

"I know we are but it's not that easy to just up and leave. We both made mistakes in our relationship and we learn from them. We just can't seem to leave each other alone"

"Let's take it back to you and your first boyfriend, Tray was his name right? He was your abuser much like Eli, correct?"

"No, that's different! Tray didn't love me he used and beat me because I was weak and didn't have a backbone. Before Elijah's accident he's never laid a hand on me unless we were play fighting, he wasn't even awake when he hurt me so don't try him like that"

"It'd be better if you left him alone at least until he's better"

"I don't want to, he's never left me at my lowest point so why should I leave him?"

"Because you're hurting him just as much as much as he's hurting you Lauren. Just think about it ok? When the kids come back home do you want them to see how bad their parents are together and believe that's how love is supposed to be? Or do you want to see both of you happy even if that's being apart"

"You keeping saying when they come home, you don't know if they'll be coming home so stop giving me false hope! Just leave them out of this"

"Hope is what keeps people alive, even if it's false it gives them something to live for so no I'm not going to stop but for now I will. Let's talk about Eli's secret love child, how do you feel about her?"

"I want to be mad but I can't, Elijah's been with her mother a year before meeting me. The kid was born before I was in the equation"

"How does it make you feel that Eli kept it from you?"

"I feel nothing, I don't think she's even real. He could've just said that to get back at me but if she is real I want a DNA test. But is that really my place to ask him to get one? Nah"

"You could suggest it" nodding Sage checked her watch. "if the kid is his are you willing to be a stepmom to her?"

"Yes if he's going to be in her life, it would be petty and disgusting to neglect and have hatred for a kid who didn't ask to be born. It would take me awhile to get over the fact she's his kid though"

"Hmm, well that wraps up our session for today. If your anxiety gets the best of you give me a call, doesn't matter what time it is I'll answer so don't go and do anything stupid alright?"

"So no shooting up hospital's and retirement house? Got it" stretching I laughed to myself seeing Sage's horrified expression. "I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that"

Well not hospitals and retirement house, probably a club though

"I'm still writing that down"

"That's fine, tell Montana to stop blowing up my phone please. I'll call him when I'm ready"

"Gotcha" nodding she started packing up her belongings

****

I barely got any sleep, I stayed up most of the night cleaning and baking sweets for Tj since he wanted brownies and cookies.

I also made candles that smells like the lavender body wash I use, both Elijah and Squirt seem to like it so much so why not make them candles right? My scent can calm the both of them down so it was only right to make it.

When I finished I went and gave myself a haircut, my hair had gotten too long for my liking. Instead of it being down my back it's now a little bit passed my shoulders.

"Lauren—Boss is serious going to blow a gasket" Geovani chuckles coming in looking at all the hair on the floor. "It looks nice though but why'd you cut it?"

"Changes are good, right?" scooping up the hair I flushed it down the toilet. "Sage said something about changing the way I go about things and what I surround myself with"

"So you cut your hair?"

"Oh no, I've always wanted to cut it. Elijah wouldn't let me but he's not here so yeah. I like my hair this length so that's all that matters right?"

"I chose not to comment on that" smiling nervously he looks around. "so about tomorrow are you nervous? Their supposedly going to play the tape of Delilah talking about how she's been while living with you"

"No, Delilah knows I'd go to war for her. I'd literally run in a field of landmines unarmed for her. The time she spent in my care were nothing but great. She never went to bed hungry or dirty, she's never gotten beat or abuse so no I'm not nervous"

"You don't fear of what Kendall could have said to her? She could've manipulated Delilah into talking bad about—"

"Doubt it, Delilah is strong minded. She isn't easily persuaded. Now if you excuse me I need to get some sleep, I have court in four hours"

"Okay, I came in here to tell you Sienna and I will be going to Disney world tomorrow afternoon"

"That's crazy, you didn't even think to invite me or nothing. First you go and rob a bank now your going to—oh you bitch! That's why you mother fuckas rob the bank? To spend the money at Disney world?"

"No it was just for fun, we returned most of it the next day"

"What type of shit is that?" Laughing I got into bed "that's lame"

"It's not like we could've spent the money, we would've gotten arrested before we left the store. All the money are coded"

"True"

*****

Sitting beside my lawyer I played with the skin on my wrist, I don't even know what the hell Uniques lawyer is talking about but the judge it eating it up.

One of the officers rolled in a tv, turning it on Delilah was the first time I saw. She has her hair wildly falling over her shoulders and hair. She has on a purple shirt with black shorts and Amir is sitting on her lap shewing on his hand.

Tears build up in my eyes as I stared at the tv watching for someone to play the video. I could hear the court room doors open and people behind me talking.

I heard a few cooing and aweing looking at the tv as well.

When the presses play on the video the tears came rolling down.

"Can you tell me who this little guy is?" the woman in the video asks Delilah

"Him?" She questions looking down at Amir. "My brudda, why?"

"Can you tell me his name?"

"No" shaking her head she squints questionably tilting her head. "you gon take my brudda away?"

"No sweetie, I just want to know a little bit about you two"

"Hmph, him name is Hassan" Delilah responses taking Squirt hand out his mouth.

"That's a beautiful man—"

"Handsome, him not a girl"

She's a mess

The courtroom laughs and commented on his sassiness.

"You're absolutely right I'm sorry, can you tell me about your mommy?"

"Her is good, her love me and my brudda. We miss her"

"Do you like living with her?"

"Uh huh, we watch princess movie all the time and eat munkey bread together. She give me kissy in the morning" Delilah pauses and frowns looking down. "She give me no kissy a lot of mornings, I'm sad"

"Don't be sad, you'll see her soon. Can you tell me about your dad? Does he give you kisses too?"

"My dada? Him call me princess like in the movies! I'm Dada's princess, him said he love me too. He give kissy to my hand and play with me" smiling Delilah mood changes as she talks about Elijah. "Him got a surprise for me, I wan go home to see"

"Really? That's amazing, do you like living with him?"

"Yeah, that's my Dada" answering in a Duh tone Delilah whispers lowly to Squirt. He completely stopped moving and closed his eyes smiling softly.

What the hell did she tell him

"Can I ask what you told him?"

"No, can you call my mama?"

"No I'm sorry, but she's going to see this video so you can say whatever you want her to know"

"Okay" nodding she held up Squirt waving his hand for him. "Hi mama, vieni a prenderci"  (come get us)

Laughing I wiped my tears away at her bluntness, I could hear both Geovani and Sienna laughing as well.

When the video came to an end the judge asked what language was she just speaking in.

"Italian"

"How many languages does she know?"

"Three, Swahili English and Italian"

"When does she learn them, she isn't in school right?"

"She learns them from her grandfather and father"

Nodding the judge slams her gavel and says;

"Give this woman back her kids, she's a consistent parent and is providing for her kids. Case dismissed. Next time bring me a case that's actually something instead of wasting my time"

Turning to my lawyer in disbelief I sat there pinching my wrist harshly. Unable to control my breathing I panicked grabbing my lawyers arm.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you happy? You should be happy, your getting your kids back" she frowns pulling me up

"I can't breathe" moving away from her I rushed through the people standing around the room and made my way outside.

My anxiety was definitely not prepared for such a turn in events, I prepared myself for another loss. I had already convinced myself I wasn't getting them back so this is shocking yet exciting.

With shaky hands I tried dialling Sage's number. Now is definitely the time to have a session.

Walking into someone I apologized and tried to go around them without meeting their eyes but instead of getting out my way they pulled me into them.

My breathing quickened as I started panicking more, my mouth dried at the thought of being caged in.

"Stop and just breathe" rubbing my back in a circular motion he rocked us side to side slowly. "take a deep breath and try to relax yourself, alright?"

Nodding I zoned out while following his instructions, when I got control of my breathing I looked up.

"I'm sorry"

"I'm not mad, I'll see you at home?" pressing a kiss to my forehead Elijah turns and walks away

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 5.2K 55
❤︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❤︎ 𝐢𝐥 𝐫𝐞 𝐞 𝐥𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚 V ᴀ ʟ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ɪ ɴ ᴀ G ᴏ ɴ ᴢ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ s ♛ Single Mother ♛Feared A...
49.2K 3K 11
Sequel to My Life's Meaning🚨
401K 14.4K 46
Natasha Greers lives off of her daddy's money lavishly but strips on the side for her own enjoyment. One night she notices her new favorite customer...
1.2M 44.8K 48
{ Completed } He thought he did the right thing by keeping his occupation a secret, but when the truth comes out, he loses the only person that ever...