Astith's Prophecy

De TNckitty

In the Kingdom of Astith, there was a prophecy: When evil comes to plague the land, five heroes must band tog... Mais

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
IMPORTANT
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 16

9 0 0
De TNckitty

~Jake's POV~

What is this prince thinking? Acting like he is concerned about Danielle's condition. It is his fault that she is like this.

But that wasn't my problem right now. The problem was when he asked me the last question.

"It's her power, isn't it?"

My heart feels like I was racing for a mile. No, we promised. We promised each other that we wouldn't tell anybody about our powers...not after what they did to our parents.

"I don't know what you're talking about. She might have just been exhausted."

I look at the prince with irritation. I don't want us to be these people's lab rats. I just want to go home.

"You don't have to hide from me." the prince said. "I already know about your sister's power. I knew when we first met each other. Before that even."

"How do you know? How did you know?"

I had so many more questions but too tired to ask. I'm tired of everything...

"Just as I told your sister," the prince said, "I have the ability to sense a person's power. Whether they know it or not. Whether they are strong or weak, I will alway know."

"I just don't understand but I don't understand a lot of things, so..." I shrug my shoulders, feeling tired of everything.

I sit back down in my chair, looking up at the ceiling.

"Just leave me alone..." I said, wanting to get some sleep but the prince just stood there looking at her and me.

"I can help." he said.

I laughed.

"You don't know anything about us. You can't help." I sit back up and look at him. "And even though you say you know us, you don't understand what we've been through. Especially her."

I get a little snippy at the end but what does he expect us to do? Throw him a parade just to thank him.

"I can help you find the people who killed your parents." he said after listening to me rant. "I can find those who took away everything from you and Danielle."

I laugh out a bitter laugh.

"What are you gonna do, huh? Hang them?"

I get out of the chair. The feeling of anger inside of me swells up more than before.

"You have no idea what else happened that night. You don't know what started anything." I spatted. "The trauma she's been through and the way things are..." I shook my head "if I can't even help her how can you?" I was done with this shit.

I want to walk out the room to clear my head. I have to get out of here... But the prince grabs my wrist, stopping me from taking a step. I was about to yell at him but something stops me. His eyes are narrow. His expression sends chills down my spine.

"You think I don't know how you feel." the prince said in a low voice, making the room colder with each passing word. "You said that I don't know what happened and that I don't understand how you feel. Well, I'll say that YOU don't know anything about ME. YOU don't understand how I feel. So, before you say that I don't understand anything, you should know and understand who I am first."

With that, the prince let's go of my wrist and storms his way out of the room.

How dramatic he is. He grew up rich and without a worry... Nothing like what we had to go through. He didn't have to worry about starving or needing money. I sigh as I look at Danielle, still sleeping...

I'm sorry but I need to clear my head. I walk out of the room and found the doctor.

"If she wakes up come find me."

Before I waited for his response, I walk back outside by the training area. There weren't as many people as there were earlier, but I do see Emily and a couple of other girls talking. As I walk closer to the area, I see Aragon standing next to a bench. On the bench is the girl I saw during the fight and the wolf right next to her. As I walk closer to them, the girls in the yard start looking at me and smiling...oh my God kill me now. I make the quick decision to go sit by the girl. Maybe they won't bother me.

As I go to sit next to her, Aragon said, "Lord Jake. How is your sister?"

"She's fine just sleeping," I answered. I then turned my attention to the girl. "Can I sit?"

"Do what you want." She said.

"Thanks."

I sit down next to her and look at what she was wearing... No uniform. She and Danielle would be great friends.

"What are you looking at?" The girl asked. "You got a problem with me?"

"No, no problem." I said. "I, well, I wanted to know your name. That's all."

She looks at me. Her eyes are unblinking. I almost look away but it seems to me like she was challenging me or something. It doesn't help that the wolf is also staring at me. But I didn't back down.

"Maybe you should introduce yourself first before asking." She finally said. "Besides, why would you want to know a witch's name?"

"Oh my bad. I'm Jake and I don't think you're a witch." I look at the wolf before adding, "Cool wolf."

The girl blinks at me, looking at me in surprise. She then looks down at the wolf. The wolf also looks up at her. After a minute, she mumbles something that I didn't catch.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"TN.That is my name." she said quietly. "And thanks... for the wolf comment."

She tugs at her sleeves. Some of the fur on the sleeves falls off, but she just drops them to the ground. I couldn't help but stare at her hands. They weren't as dainty and soft-looking as most girls' hands. They are rougher and have a lot of scars. They were also blue.

"Your welcome. Are your hands ok?" I ask with concern.

I wonder if the doctor could look at them.

"It's fine." She said. "I'm just cold."

"Oh, here." I take my blazer off and put it around her shoulders. "Better?"

She looks at my blazer like she has never seen it before. She then looks at me in confusion. The wolf looks like it was done with this awkward interaction, so it climbs up onto the bench and lays on top of TN's lap. TN lets out a huff before running her hands through its fur.

"Thanks." TN said. "And thank you, Dark."

"I should really be thanking you." I also added, "That's its name?"

She frowns at me.

"Thank me for what?" She asked as she pulled my blazer closer to her. "And yes, that is his name."

"You're the only girl here that doesn't stare at me." I answered. "Well, besides my sister, of course."

"Sister? You mean the troublemaker?"

I laughed at the comment.

"Yeah, her. She didn't mean to cause any trouble, just trying to help. She can be a pain sometimes, though."

"I'll say." she huffed. "I had everything under control. It's not like it is the first time someone did that. If anything, I would have scared them away with Dark."

Dark looks up when his name is said. For some reason, Dark looks smug for a wolf.

"Yeah, I can tell that you can hold your own no doubt about that." I commented. "I'm sorry if she troubled you. She sometimes doesn't think before doing something. In a way, she thought she was helping."

TN snorted. "She needs to learn if she is going to keep doing that. She'll definitely run into trouble if she keeps this up. She is lucky that I was tolerated enough that day."

I laughed. "Yeah, no kidding."

Before I could say something else, the doctor came running towards us.

"Jake, your sister is awake." the doctor said. "She's asking for you, come on."

He left after saying that, not even waiting for me to answer. I get up from the bench.

"Sorry, TN, I have to go. Keep the blazer, so you can stay warm, ok?"

I go after the doctor not letting her say a word.

But I went back and said, "Oh and thanks again for not staring at me."

And with that I left.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

111 37 19
* ONC 2023 Shortlister * "She caught the eye of one of the horsemen, and something in his face caused her to pause mid-step. The man he was standing...
209 61 17
Betrothed to the dark prince, Asterin must decide between choosing her duties, or her happiness. She already knows the ways of her family and their p...
132 28 14
"Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light." Princess Ilene's troubles seemed rather foo...
3.9K 180 7
The is now a SAMPLE ONLY. The story will continue EXCLUSIVELY on AnyStories. "Hello little one" came a booming voice, deep and sultry that made my s...