Slow Down | ✓

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Elijah West and Aliyah Pryce have something in common: They have both been hurt before. Aliya... More

𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍
00. PROLOGUE
01. TORTURE
02. TIPSY
03. HANGOVER
04. ONE-NIGHT STAND
05. MELT-ON-THE-TONGUE TYPE
06. MEMORIES
07. BRIGHT BLUE EYES
08. BROTHER-IN-LAW
09. REBOUND
10. FRIENDS
11. CHICKEN SCRAWL
12. DIFFERENT
13. OUT LIKE A LIGHT
14. THEIR THING
15. OUT OF HER LEAGUE
16. NOTHING ELSE
17. PORNSTAR
18. NEW GUEST
19. SOFTBALL TEAM
20. RHYTHM
21. CHIPMUNK CHEEKS
22. DIRTY HANDS
23. SENATOR WEST
24. SPOILED
25. AT LAST
26. PIGGY BACK RIDE
27. HOPEFUL
28. DINNER IN THE PARK
29. HOT SOUP
30. BREATHE
31. BY MY SIDE
32. SILENCE
33. LIMBO
34. DRESSED LIKE A HOE
35. ANNOYINGLY PERFECT
36. NATURAL
38. HAPPY DAY
39. COMMITTED
40. SAVING KITTENS
41. SHARK OF A WOMAN
42. EMBARRASSING
43. DON'T SAY ANYTHING
44. BE HUMBLE
45. FUNNEL CAKE
⚠️ 46. PLEASE ⚠️
⚠️ 47. NO CLUE ⚠️
48. MAKES SENSE
49. REHEARSAL DINNER
50. BIRTHDAY BITCH
51. SEVEN CARAT
52. SWEET SPOT
53. WHY
54. BIGGER, BETTER THINGS
55. THE FAVORITE
56. YOUR PRESENCE
57. RING ON HERE
58. A MOTHER'S TOUCH
59. HOT CHOCOLATE
60. WARM COFFEE
61. PANERA BREAD
62. NEGATIVE
63. READY WHENEVER YOU ARE
64. HOME
65. DR. BLUE EYES
66. HAUNTED HOSPITALS
67. AIRPLANE MODE
68. RIVER
69. HEAVY SNOW
70. FOOT FETISH
71. PANCAKES & KICKS
72. CRY BABY
73. SKINNY ASS KNEECAPS
74. MORE THAN THAT
75. TAKE CARE
76. BURY A BODY
77. MARK YOUR CALENDAR
78. ALL BE WORTH IT
79. TWO WEEKS AWAY
80. BABY WEST
81. I DO
82. THE OTHER TWO
83. DATE NIGHT
84. LIFELINE
85. LOST WITHOUT YOU || the end

37. THE BONE MAN

34.8K 2.1K 296
By MIDNXGHTSUN

37. THE BONE MAN

"I'M SORRY," ALIYAH'S voice is patronizing as she shuffles through the fridge, just a towel wrapped around her chest, "How do you have time to eat right now?"

Elijah's eyes widen in surprise as he turns to her, "I'm sorry," He mocks, "Would you rather I starve? Plus, I gotta get my energy up since you sucked everything out of me. Also, I'm the only one dressed right now."

"Okay," Aliyah holds up a finger, "I did not suck ━" She stops as she looks at the playful smirk on Elijah's face. Flipping him off, she rolls her eyes and goes back to her mission, "You're annoying."

"You love it," He chuckles, "What are you even looking for anyway?"

"I'm on cake duty ━ which is a bad decision on my mother's part, but," Aliyah huffs, finally pulling the cake from the fridge. She rests it on the island in front of Elijah who's looking at the icing on top with furrowed eyebrows, "At least it's a cake."

"Kyree?" Elijah reads, "That's it? See, a normal person would've just written 'happy birthday'."

"It's a cake," Aliyah repeats, her eyebrow raised as if daring him to say something else. "Which you will be carrying for me since you wanna act like a child."

His jaw gapes open, dropping his spoon into the bowl of cereal, "What I do?"

Aliyah ignores him and walks into the bedroom, quickly moving around to get her clothes on. She pulls on her bandeau top and black and white vertically striped flare pants. Adjusting the material under her arms, she scans herself in the mirror.

All that she can think about is the moment that happened between the two in the shower. She doesn't know what came over her, but she wouldn't mind it happening again.

Don't think about it, don't think about it, she tells herself ━ she would rather not leave the house to see her mother while horny. That's not the most comfortable feeling in the world.

She throws her hair up into a messy but cute bun, allowing her ECO Styler to lay her baby hairs. A pair of hoops and a spritz of Coconut Passion later, Aliyah is rearing and ready to go. She grabs her bag and exits the bedroom only to see Elijah's back facing her, hunched over the cake container.

He speaks when he hears her step out of the room, "You could've at least put some ballo ━" He turns with his words, only to pause, taken aback by her beauty, "Damn, you make it so hard not to kiss you."

Aliyah's cheeks radiate heat as she smiles at him, "I would've stopped you anyway ━ we're late and this gloss is expensive."

"WORD OF WARNING," Aliyah hisses as the two stand on the steps of the Pryce household, "Kiara Pryce don't play games. She will deadass beat my ass in public and she not scared to beat yo ass too."

"Uh ━"

"And don't look her in the eye. You'll turn into stone."

"Lee ━"

Aliyah whips around to face the man, her eyebrows raised in question, "Yes?"

"Are we gonna go in?" He tilts his head down to look at the beautiful woman in front of him. Needless to say, Elijah can't stop looking at her ━ she's absolutely beautiful. Damn, she's beautiful without trying ━ her bonnet on or her shower cap or even when she's asleep, she's beautiful.

Aliyah returns the sentiment. Elijah is so handsome that she wouldn't mind just skipping the party all together just to stare at him in this moment. The way his blue eyes stare her down, no fear or regret in them.

She knows he's absolutely sure about them ━ she's sure about them.

And as much as some part is telling her not to be, she can't help herself. She's waited ten years for someone like him ━ it's almost luck or a plain miracle for him to arrive at just the right time.

Ignoring the flutter in her stomach ━ don't think about it ━ she sends him a small smile before turning yet again and pushing the front door open.

Behind her, Elijah adjusts the cake in his hands before following her into the beautifully decorated house.

"Mommy!" Aliyah calls as she walks into the kitchen. She takes the cake from Elijah's grasp and places it in the fridge before closing it and seeing a note on the fridge. She grabs it and holds it out to Elijah.

Elijah huffs, amusedly, "I can't even read this and I'm a doctor."

Aliyah laughs, "Kyree has that effect. Alright, we gotta meet them outside."

Elijah nods and falls into step behind her as she leads him to the back of the house. He can't help his gaze that strays to her ass looking mighty fine in the striped pants. Before she pulls open the sliding door, she turns to him at the last minute and sends him a warning glance.

"Don't stare at my ass in front of my mom, please," She purses her lips into a smile, pressing her hand against his chest, sweetly.

Elijah rolls his eyes with a scoff, "I'm a gentleman, if you didn't know."

Leaning into his hold, she whispers, "Oh, I know."

And with that, she slides open the door to be met with Kendrick Lamar blasting from a speaker in a corner, a table full of burgers, hotdogs, chicken wings, and just about everything possible, along with a backyard full of family members and friends.

"Oh, lord," Aliyah mumbles under her breath as she looks out at the crowd of people. For a second, she wonders why there are so many people in the backyard of a seventeen year-old's birthday party, but she doesn't even have a minute to answer her own question.

Because the words that interrupt her seem to bring the sharks out of hiding.

"Yo, Liyah!" Kyree yells from his spot in a group of friends, "You brought the bone man!"

Behind her, Elijah's eyes widen at his words, "Is that my name now?"

She sends him a sympathetic smile before patting his cheek and turning back to her approaching brother.

This cannot be happening.

AHHHHHHHHHHH LMFAOOOOOOIO

this chapter lowkey short tho

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 206 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
24.5K 3.8K 54
Knowing what you want and allowing what you don't want is surely an hard thing and Demar had been biding his time. One thing for certain is that he d...
462K 26.7K 29
Kayla Kavari meets Jack Holland, a handsome doctor, on her way to visit the medical campus that she will call home for the next four years. Jack hasn...
379K 18.8K 49
Nalani King.. gorgeous but taken, goofy but smart, so smart that she she skipped quite a few grades- hence why she is a young doctor. Nalani is engag...