Open fire

By white_lies_me

~sequel to Flames in water~ {Calum Hood fanfiction} Who knew that after several peaceful years, you and your... More

Part 1 "Once more"
Part 2 "I wish for something else"
Part 3 "Perth"
Part 4 "New area"
Part 5 "Let's get the crew"
Part 6 "Start somewhere"
Part 7 "News are the worst"
Part 8 "Clues and unknown"
Part 9 "Family"
Part 10 "Strange behaviours"
Part 11 "We've got it?"
Part 12 "Out of control"
Part 13 "Small talk"
Part 14 "Troubles along the way"
Part 15 "There's still time for everything"
Part 16 "Emergency"
Part 17 "Too soon"
Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"
Part 19 "Come clean with it"
Part 20 "Time is ticking by"
Part 21 "What is left?"
Part 22 "In between two worlds"
Part 23 "If the world ends now"
Part 25 "Only one scar is permanent"
Part 26 "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
Part 27 "Choices are never simple"
Part 28 "All the voices in my mind are calling out for me"
Part 29 "Gotta get out"
Part 30 "Broken pieces"
Part 31 "Agreements and disagreements"
Part 32 "An unexpected visit"
Part 33 "Trust"
Part 34 "Just like you"
Part 35 "Confessions"
Part 36 "I love and hate surprises"
Part 37 "Figuring things out"
Part 38 "Final decision"
Part 39 "I'm not ready to start again"
Part 40 "Mission accepted"
Part 41 "Back to the Dead forest"
Part 42 "Ghost of you"
Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"
Part 44 "On the edge"
Part 45 "Open fire"
Part 46 "End of an adventure"

Part 24 "On your way"

36 2 0
By white_lies_me

You woke up before everyone else because of another nightmare, this one was even worse than the last two. It was different, you weren't the one who had to decide, no. Now your perspective was one of the people who were reaching out for the third silhouette. The same room, no doors, no windows, dim lighting and three people, but why? What did this mean? It also ended differently, no flashes or secret bracelets with lost souls, it had to mean something. The three of you turned around and the walls opened up in the middle, letting more people enter the room, all of them were also foreign. The one right in the center ran towards you, reaching out it's hands but before it could touch you, you woke up. You looked around the room, Calum's sleeping bag next to yours, him peacefully laying there. You sighed, wiping the little bead of sweat that formed on your forehead. The sun was faintly creeping in from the windows so your eyes adjusted to the now new light pretty quickly. You decided to get up and freshen up real fast and try to get some more sleep. In the hallway it was darker and having your cat vision didn't help you since you couldn't focus. You swore you saw someone exit, what was it? Sarah's room? Perhaps, but you mindlessly continued on towards the bathroom. Once the cold water hit your face it made you think, what if that person was someone from the guys who wanted to hurt you? You almost ran outside still on your tip toes as to not wake anyone up, but now noone was there nor did you hear anymore noises so you just went back to sleep for a few more hours.

***

"Are we ready then?" Ashton questioned as the last two people, Sierra and Niall, came downstairs to join the rest of you. You didn't unpack so there was no need to pack, well, except the sleeping bags.

"We're all good to go" Niall yawned as him and Sierra carried their bags with them.

"Great, the sooner we get there the better" Calum addressed as he got up from the chair he was sitting on, the rest of you standing up quickly after.

"How long did it take for you guys to get here?" Liam questioned.

"From when you first arrived" Louis added onto his question. You thought about it for a second, but Luke spoke before you.

"Five days, something like that, plus the ride to here".

"I can't wait to have a normal life again" Michael sighs making everyone chuckle.

"I don't think we ever had normal lives Michael" you say honestly.

"Enough chatting guys, let's get going" Calum said diverting your attention to that. With one last glance at the house everyone made way to the three cars you were going to travel in. You left them here ever since that attack on Crystal and...Harry... So Niall told you that once you're near the nonexisting barrier another friend of his will pick them up.

"I don't think I'm ready for this" you admit, Sarah puts an arm around you as she was driving with you and says.

"Noone is, but we'll be alright".

***

After almost three hours you've arrived anf it wasn't a fun ride, but usually for your group rides mean bad and stressful things, nothing new.

"I am both happy and sad that we are back here again" Crystal sighs, some of you were in agreement about that. It didn't look the same, and it for sure won't ever feel the same looking at your part of the world.

"So what's the catch, we're going back directly to the village?" Ashton nudges Calum who slowly nods, almost as if he himself isn't sure anymore.

"We are here to regroup with Charlie and check up on everybody else, then we're going to the center" Calum explains further more. It looked like a scene from the movie, twelve people standing and looking over the place they have to go to, wind slowly breezing through, sun high upon the sky.

"How much longer 'till their break?" Sarah questions Niall, so he looks at his watch, narrowing his eyes to see better as the sun wouldn't allow for him to see it straight away.

"Five minutes" he informs, looking ahead.

"We timed this amazing" Michael smiles proudly, you did time it awesome, finally! And really five minutes later there were multiple alarms that sounded throughout the first part of the peninsula, indicating that the break for all the workers has started. You could see they had already set up trailers everywhere, some would go in, others would sit on the grass or go somewhere else.

"Let's split up. Make sure Louis, Liam and Niall are with one of us for communication" Calum whispers, going the way he decided for himself along with you and Mali following behind.
Y

ou mostly moved in the shadows or as far away as possible from people. However, if they did stop you you had your fake passes that Niall printed out yesterday along with Louis' help.

"Any troubles?" Luke's voice rings throughout your head and you would shake your head no but he can't see you so you verbally answer no.

"Michael how are you holding up?" Mali asked, allowing you and Calum to listen in.

"We're almost to the spot" he answers calmly which was a good sign.

"Ashton?" you questioned your brother.

"We're here. I think I see Michael too, all's good" he reported back.

"Alright, just continue straight ahead" Calum motioned forward through the shadow of the woods.
Some footsteps were heard here and there, birds flying around, little twigs breaking beneath your feet, but nothing alarming. Soon enough you arrived to your meeting spot with the others. It looked just like a normal side of a steep hill, but you knew there were well hidden doors somewhere around.

"And that's twelve, we're not missing anyone thankfully" Sierra said after counting who was here.

"How do you guys know where the entry is?" Louis asked, curiously looking around.

"Well, if you look behind these leaves" Sierra says doing so.

"There's a black circle indicating that this is one of them" she shows him by pushing the stone to the side, but since it was too heavy Luke had to help her.

"And in we go" Luke smiles as everybody enters the tunnel. It was the same just like the first time you went through these. Some small ones where you could bearly fit through, others wide and long where you could hear the echoes of your running. Following the path home would be a little more difficult since there are no pictures to show where they are, it was done just in case someone do wants to find them. Thankfully you and Sierra could just go out and see where they are. Niall, Liam and Louis rode on Calum, Luke and Ashton even if you and the girls said it's fine if you switched, but they insisted. During the night you slept in a circle with a fire going in the center, somebody would stay awake for some part of the night just in case or if there were noises heard from up. You would usually have that job because of the nightmares that kept reoccurring, and the others, especially Calum would try and get you to rest some more, but you didn't want to keep reliving those dreams. They came in a sequence, the first one with the flash, the second one just without Zaine's soul, the third one where you change the perspective. And so only three nights have passed.

***

"You guys kept this up for five days?" Louis says in disbelief.

"Yes, but now we have to take even more breaks" Calum confirms. The guys knew about your ways of communication, unfortunately they couldn't start talking with you, you had to start and then they could talk telephaticly.

"I think we should walk for now" Liam suggests, maybe that would be good, the pace you're running at now is too much.

"I agree Cal" Michael adds, earning silent nods from the rest.

"Alright, Niall you have to get off" Calum says and Niall does so just like Louis and Liam from Ash and Luke. Everyone shifts back and you are left to walk for now.

"Even after the third day mate I feel so great, I missed shifting so much" Michael smiles.

"I know, how did we survive this long" Sierra chuckles, it was great to be back in your element and feel free again.

"It also always amazes me how you guys turn" Liam says with a grin.

"I agree it's so cool" Louis enthusiastically adds.

"Thanks guys" you laugh lightly at their comments same as the others.

"Looks like another exit" Sarah informs you, getting a closer look.

"Should this be the last one if I remember correctly?" Crystal questions.

"Yeah and then just a continuous tunnel with others connected to it" Mali informs her.

"Let's get it open the-" Niall was about to say but the doors open while a person jumps down.

"Back" Calum snarls at your group as you take a few steps back getting in the formation Liam taught you. Louis grabs his gun going ahead with Calum, but he doesn't pull it out yet as you can see his hand grabbing it in the back. The dust from the fall clears out to reveal, Charlie? Your bodies instantly relaxed, but had a questioning look at the same time. Charlie brushed some of the dust off his clothes and ran a hand through his messy, brown hair that was longer than what you had last seen it. He looked older now, with some slight grey hairs here and there, his stubble forming down his neck and tired eyes.

"Charlie what are you doing here?" Calum questioned hugging him as Charlie patted him on the back and pulled away.

"I said that time is of use now so I decided to cut your journey short here and just see what you guys have accomplished so far" he smiles and you realise you missed him, a lot. He was the second mentor after Zaine and your pack relied on him a bunch, especially Calum since he didn't have his father nor Zaine to help him through tough times.

"We've missed you" Crystal says hugging him immediately after, others following in a group hug. You noticed the three lads standing aside to give you space.

"Okay, now we've got some catching up to do" Charlie gestures for you to sit down somewhere further from the exit and he introduces himself to the foreign guys. Noone was complaining to spend some time like this, almost forgetting in what kind of situation you were in, almost. It was normal, as if nothing ever happend and you were back at the village just talking about things, but it's not.

-

"I'm glad that you're keeping everything under control there, I don't know what we'd do without you Charlie" Calum smiles, thanking him.

"Please, you are the ones risking your lives" he says with a warm tone, but it's still serious.

"Well, you know what we mean" you add.

"Yeah, I do. You should get some sleep even if it's early still, but I have to say Michael, Crystal it would be better if you two come with me" Charlie stands up with furrowed brows and you can just see the anger on Crystal's face.

"No I'm staying here, we've come so far-" she says but Michael cuts her off.

"And that's what matters, it's safer for you to go back with me".
There's a moment of silence, so Mikey turns to you with pleading eyes and you nod in understandment

"Please Crystal" you say softly.

"For your children" Sierra chimes in, soon enough everyone's trying to get her to agree, but not jumping on her.

"Okay, for them" she sighs, finally giving in. You all hug the three of them and soon enough they are out of the tunnel and on their way home. You can't say you won't miss them, it was always an adventure with everyone and now that Crys and Mikey have left it feels as if there's a missing piece in your team.

"I... This feels weird" Mali says hugging herself.

"Yes it does, and they just left!" Niall agrees.

"Even we haven't known them as much as you" he adds.

"Let's focus on something else, we've got a mission to do" Ashton switches the subject as everyone silently agrees. In about twenty minutes you set up the sleeping bags and tried to get some sleep. After all, tomorrow holds many unknowns.

***

"No" you cried as if your whole world just collapsed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 477 24
What if... What if you were flying, but without wings to carry you? What if you communicated with words, without really saying them? What if you were...
16K 955 21
SEQUEL TO WILDFLOWER Heartbreak hurts, but it hurts more when secrets have been left untold... *** Calum Hood (5sos) fanfiction Rated M for language...
5.1K 159 43
{Calum Hood fanfiction} You were something different, the only one of your kind. Your best friend Michael was a werewolf, he was the only one who k...
65.6K 2.3K 38
People change over time, but our pasts will always be our pasts, and sometimes they come back to bite us... Does Calum have the balls to face who he...