Checkered Royals [Ciel Phanto...

By sleepy_pandas

•{this is a pretty slow paced story- I personally don't like quick paced ones ^^' and before we start, this i... More

A/N
Chapter 1: A Day Like Any Other
Chapter 3: Declarations and Discussions
Chapter 4: Burning Emblems
Chapter 5: Purple Diamonds
Chapter 6: Lady Midford and Lady L/N
Chapter 7: Sulphuric Curses
Chapter 8: To Finish an Awkward Day
Chapter 9: To The Ball
Chapter 10: Unrequited
Chapter 11: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 12: Under Bandages
Chapter 13: A Demon Butler and A Demon Master
Chapter 14: Lost Connections
Chapter 15: Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 16: Devil's Summoning Spirit
Chapter 17: She Knows
Chapter 18: Too Easily Forgiven
Chapter 19: Do You?
Chapter 20: Leaving For Now
Chapter 21 Part 1:A Kept Promise
Chapter 21 Part 2: A Little Bruised
Chapter 22: All for her
Chapter 23: Confession
Chapter 24: Advice
Chapter 25: Date Number 1
Chapter 26: I'll Protect You
tf.
its the author after years of no updates :)
Chapter 27: Reflection

Chapter 2: Letters From Her Majesty

14.9K 455 619
By sleepy_pandas

Ciel sat at his desk, head propped on top of his fist, going through documents about the progress of his company's factories internationally. They were making positive supplies, profits and approvals; just as usual. He let out a small, quiet sigh.

"Is anything the matter my Lord?" asked Sebastian, turning his head toward the Phantomhive while dusting some book shelves, "would you like something sweet to eat?"

Ciel silently nodded his head, not lifting his eye up from the paperwork of which was sprawled out before him.

The butler eyed the young boy for a moment before leaving the room, shortly returning with a tray of tea and biscuits.

"Shortbread biscuits dusted in the finest sugar and some tea of my own mix for you young master," Sebastian smirked at the mention of the tea, "I specifically created the tea to fit your own taste."

Ciel lifted his head up, a bored gaze fixed upon his butler's smiling face.

"Very well. Bring it here."

Sebastian quietly placed the tray beside his master's paperwork, pouring the tea into the china teacup. Ciel hooked his fingers around the handle of the teacup lifting it from the saucer, making a small clanging sound, before bringing it to his lips. He sipped.

Sebastian smiled once again, before returning to his business of dusting the study.

A loud knock could be heard from the other side of the study door.

"Come in." Replied Ciel, staring at the door rather annoyed. Sebastian strolled toward his master's desk and looked at the door expectantly.

Mey-Rin stumbled in, holding what seemed to be a letter in her hand. She hurriedly went to place it on Ciel's table, but unfortunately seemed to have, somehow, tripper. However, Sebastian had caught her whilst she fell, holding Mey-Rin in a uncomfortable position.

The three stayed there for a moment, awkwardness seeping into the atmosphere.

"A-ah S-Sebastian, I-I'm so t-terribly sorry!!" the red haired maid hurriedly said, pushing herself off from the butler, bowing profusely, face pink from embarrassment "H-here's the letter my lord!!"

Mey-Rin placed the letter on the table before quickly bowing once again and leaving as fast as possible.

The butler and master both looked at the door of which Mey-Rin had just left from waiting for a few seconds.

There it was, the sound of further destruction, Bard yelling to get the flamethrower and a slight "hohoho" from Tanaka.

Ciel sighed once again. He grabbed the letter and ripped open the red seal, pulling out a neatly folded piece of paper with the queen's handwriting on it.

My dear little guard dog,
I would like to present a new case for you to take on and resolve as I know I haven't given you one in a while. A majority of the L/N family from the famous jewellery company "Blood Jewels" have disappeared out of sight not too long ago, and there have been no found traces or clues by Scotland Yard. They have failed me, but I certainly have faith in you that you will not.
Mr and Mrs L/N had gone missing on the xx/xx/xx, shortly followed by the disappearance of their youngest daughter S/N the day after.
Their eldest daughter, Lady Y/N has been taking over the business ever since and has also taken interest in investigating herself. After coming to her acquaintance a few times, I've grown a liking toward her and have named her my "Lynx". Much like the animal, she is cunning and a powerful attacker when the time comes.
With this piece of information, I would like to ask if you would please investigate the case with my Lynx and discover the truth behind the disappearances.

Yours Truly,
Victoria

Ciel skimmed over the letter a second time. Her Majesty wanted him to work with this Y/N L/N? Surely he could solve it himself... He didn't need an extra helper. A frown etched itself onto his face.

"What is the case of which her Majesty wants you to take on this time my lord?" Sebastian questioned lightly, looking at the letter in Ciel's hands, "You certainly don't look very happy about it."

Ciel abruptly offered the letter to his butler, the frown still on his face. Sebastian took the letter and read it within a few seconds.

"Lady L/N? Oh yes, I do remember researching a little about her..." mumbled Sebastian, "she's become quite the formidable young lady since her family's disappearance. Reminds me of you young master."

Ciel snapped his head up to look at Sebastian sternly.

"Arrange for me to meet Lady L/N as soon as possible Sebastian. Preferably tomorrow." demanded Ciel, "I need to speak to her."

Sebastian placed his right hand on his heart, bowing slightly.

"Yes, my lord.

•••

The carriage came to a halt before the magnificent L/N household. Arthur hopped off from the driver's bench and opened the door to the carriage, holding his hand out.

"Milady."

Y/N placed her hand on top of his, carefully stepped out of the carriage, whilst holding her skirt up slightly, and landed onto the gravelled ground.

"Thank you Arthur."

"No problem my lady"

Together, they walked past the tall iron gates, the front garden, towards the doors of the mansion. Feliciana stood waiting there, grinning.

"Welcome back Y/N! How was your meeting with Her Highness?"

"Very well thank you," Y/N replied, "though I must arrange to meet up with Lord Phantomhive as one of her requests... "

"THE Lord Phantomhive?" giggled Feliciana, "Oh I heard he's hard to get along with."

Y/N shrugged slightly, following Arthur as he walked in. Feliciana retreated to her work as Arthur lead Y/N toward her study room.

"Shall I make arrangements for the meeting with Lord Phantomhive milady?" Asked Arthur, smiling and petting Y/N's head, "I'll make it for tomorrow since you have no plans then"

Y/N simply nodded, looking at a framed photograph of her family, as she sat down at her desk.

Arthur looked at her worriedly before making his way to the next room with the telephone.

As he was about to pick up the phone and dial the numbers, the phone started ringing itself. Arthur took the call.

"Hello, Butler of the L/N manor Arthur Kirkland speaking."

"Good Evening, Butler of the Phantomhive household, Sebastian Michaelis here. I would like to ask if we could arrange a meeting between my master, Lord Phantomhive and your mistress, Lady L/N." Spoke a man on the other side of the phone, with a formal and friendly tone.

"That is quite a convenience, I was just about to call to ask the same thing. Would tomorrow morning, 9:00 do? I shall bring Lady L/N to the Phantomhive manor myself."

"Oh yes, indeed. Tomorrow, my master's schedule is cleared. I'm looking forward to serving Lady L/N."

"She will be anticipating the meeting. Thank you, we shall see you and Lord Phantomhive tomorrow."

Arthur put the phone down. Now that that was settled, he would go tend to Y/N's needs once again. He returned to the study to tell Y/N of the arrangements. Y/N wasn't sitting at her desk when he arrived, rather, she was standing up searching for a book.

"Lady L/N?" Arthur said curiously.

"Oh hello Arthur, what are the arrangements?"

Arthur paused before speaking again.

"You will meet Lord Ciel Phantomhive tomorrow, 9:00 in the morning. We are to go visit his mansion."

"Well I guess I should go to sleep a little earlier to ensure I wake up at the right time with a little more will than usual."

"That sounds like a good idea milady." Chuckled Arthur, "and so you need to finish all your work faster then!"

Y/N immediately started on her paperwork again, scribbling and signing away in her signature F/C ink. Arthur only shook his head, looking at his mistress working hard.

"I'll call you down later to dinner young mistress."

"Okay Arthur. Thank you."

"Of course milady."

Arthur left the room.

Y/N looked up from her work as soon as Arthur had left the room. On her desk sat a picture of a man and woman, both noble in dress and stature, two young girls standing between them smiling. Y/N stroked the frame of the picture.

"Don't worry mother. Father. Little sister. I'll find you all. No matter what." She whispered, her voice cracked.

Tears started to roll down her cheeks uncontrollably, yet she kept quiet so no one would hear.

And meeting Lord Phantomhive would open the first doors to the discovery of her loved ones.

•••

A/N

Well, in the next chapter, Reader-chan will go to meet Ciel for the first time :3 I feel like a lot of x reader inserts for Ciel are quite cliché, and I think this one's going down the same path XD I'll try and change it up a bit, but I doubt I'll do a good job pfff haha

Well I hope someone out there is reading this XD //probably not//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

650 29 12
Confidant of Phantomhive ♞ Kuroshitsuji Fan-Fiction Pearl, a mysterious stray cat. No records have been found and it doesn't even seem like her real...
9.8K 211 13
Lady Elizabeth is your best friend and she tells you all about her new fianćee, Ciel Phantomhive. Your mother has "business" with this "Ciel" and whe...
63.7K 2.2K 29
Note!!!: I don't own any of the characters in black butler (kuroshitsuji) or any of the original story in back butler (kuroshitsuji). I have my chara...
31.7K 716 47
You're the protagonist , your name is Haruka Yukimura. You're born from a samurai family, you lived a happy life until your house was burnt by a fire...