Luna? No sir i'm a Marine

By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

They say i'm the Beauty and he's the Beast, but my life is far from a fairy tale. I thought I had everything... More

Prologue
And the adventure begins
The wolf whisperer
My Angel
Questions but no answers
Deal?
Shopping trip
Were what?
War, What is it good for
Rogues
Meeting Damien
Formal Event
Blast from the past
Not quite a happy ending
Back to my roots
Training begins
Birthday bash
Turning my world upside down
Not exactly love letters
Eyes wide shut
Sink or swim
Meeting the parents
Story time
Surprise after surprise
Promise
Trick or treat
New Ink
Marine corp style
Heartbeat
Something that can wash off the pain
Did I forget to mention?
The rescue
Bumps and Bruises
Merry christmas
A little white church
Picture perfect
Suspicious behavior
Proving myself
Is this my happy ever after?
Happy New Year
To sequel or not to sequel
Sequal

Pups gone wild

226K 7.4K 734
By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

"Are you sure you don't want to train with us today?"
"I'm sure princess"

Well it's always nice to ask.

I made a plan. It only took a few days but i'm a perfectionist and I only get one chance. Today i'm going to the pack house and i'm going to surprise them. I got Luke to call a pack meeting, well a get together really.

I got to the pack house at around 7am. All the lights were out and it was still dark. I pulled two clips out of my hair and jimmied the lock. Once inside I disabled the house alarm simply by pulling off the cover and cutting a few wires. I just don't have the patiences or time to try the variations of the four faded numbers.

Luke explained how many of the unmated wolves and teens live here. Once they find their mate they tend to move out and get their own house. Mostly for privacy and because you know a house just couldn't hold all of them.

I started the stopwatch on my phone and quietly made my way through the house. There has been no movement. No alert. Nothing. These wolves with great hearing and sense of smell are doing a great job.

I know I smell like Luke now but you assume that even their curiosity would get the better of them.

I walked through the house, I was too busy admiring the decoration that I didn't notice the stupid, useless table put in a stupid and useless place. The pain of hitting your hip off the corner of a table is indescribable. I grabbed onto the table, stabilising it and bite my lip to try and stop the curses. No longer appreciating the furniture arrangement I turned into the kitchen.

The room was immaculate. It looks like the set of a kitchen ad. Marble counter tops, a fridge larger than me, cupboards high and low, not to mention a top of the line oven. As you can tell the kitchen is my happy place. This room can store a lot of food, which I guess is required for a house full of werewolves. I walked past the dining room table and opened the sliding door. The view is amazing. The forest is literally their back yard. Something else I guess that a house full of werewolves requires.

The cold breeze that hit me is refreshing. I picked a nice spot, just on the border line of the woods. I turned around to face the house. A small sinister smile plastered on my face. The joy already bubbling through me, I've missed doing this.

I took a deep breath before letting out a blood curdling scream. I hate to admit it but I have a really girly scream paired with a fine set of lungs, something that comes in handy in these situations.

There's nothing like waking up the unsuspecting and then throwing them straight into training. Not only do I get a kick out of it but it also gives me an impression of who i'll be dealing with today. It's going to be everyone not just the warriors.

Before I ran out of breath I'm surrounded by wolves and half dressed werewolves. It's an interesting situation. I have people cursing at me, I have wolves snapping their jaws at me. I have wolves sniffing me and I have wolves defending me. A few I recognised like the twins, scar and Hulk. They all took a protective stance in front of me, keeping the others away.

This is an odd sign of affection. It's a real awww moment. It's adorable, if you think about it about two months ago I waltzed into their lives just a human with a big attitude and now they're defending me.

"OI" their heads snapped towards me. I looked at the familiar faces
"Go start training." They left and I turned towards whoever was left.
"I'm Alex and i'm going to be training you. You have 10 minutes to get ready. You will all be trained at warrior standard-"
"Wait no, you're mistaken. Girls are not warriors." A simple sentence that made my blood boil and it came from a young girl, about 16. I guess this is what they're teaching their children and I want to change that.

"I am not mistaken."
"Bu-"
"Do you believe that you should be completely helpless if attacked? Sadly your big strong men will not always come to your rescue."
I walked up to her, she had her head down and refused to look me in the eyes. I could tell that she's shy, the way her voice shook when she spoke and the fact she would never make eye contact. I lifted her chin
"you don't always have to be the damsel in distress. Be the hero of your own story."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Ok I will teach you self defence, those who show promise then maybe i'll train you as warriors. I'm making a few changes. Everyone even the pups shall be trained."

I know it sounds harsh but their training will be different. The pups? Well that's just going to be basics. Just like school, starting with the easiest and then working up.

"Alright Go." I watched as they scampered off. I turned around and watched the boys train.
"Fresh meat lads."
I got cheers and wolf whistles in reply. Walking towards them I unzipped my jumper and dropped it on the floor. I began warming up with them.

If the few I dealt with are any indication of the rest them then I think assistance shall be required.
"Ok I need you to help me. We're going to show them what i've taught you."
The boys were grinning from ear to ear. I think they forgot what I put them through, well I guess I have to remind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People have been coming and going all day. I made my little self-defence speech, I warned them that this was not going to be a walk in the park but I also challenged them.

The hardest to convince were the women in their 30's-40's. They had grown up with only men as warriors and the women housewives, expected to cook and clean. They couldn't grasp the idea.

By 1 o'clock I had different groups training differently. One group was learning offensive moves, one was tracking, one was learning to fight in wolf form and me? Well I took on the hardest task of all. I took the job of training the pups.

They're little bundles of energy with short attention spans and do not listen to commands.

I had them stretching to warm up, running around cones and how to track. They don't shift until their 16th birthday, unless they're alpha's. Alpha's can shift from birth which is dangerous because of bacon. Wait no. Ohh that's when I stopped listening to Aaron and started thinking about the food he was cooking. I had stupidly asked a question that I believed would only have a one word answer but instead I received a history lesson. I love the boy to death but no.

Currently i'm playing a game of hide and go seek. What can I say? They were getting bored and they bring out the childish side of me. Also if you think of it hide and seek is a game that requires tracking skills. Sure for most is just guessing and looking around but i'm teaching them to use their noses, their great hearing and eyesight. Their natural tracking ability.

It's my turn to count and I put my hands over my eyes. Facing a tree I begin to count. As I do I hear little shrieks and scampering. I couldn't help but chuckle at their sheer innocence.

To them this is just a bit of fun. They have no clue of the dangers out there. They are unaware that what they're learning right now might save their lives or maybe that of someone they love.

Almost at 30 I suddenly felt someones presence. I could no longer feel the breeze brush softly against my exposed arms. Instead it was replaced by the warmth only a werewolf could provide. Their mere shadow casting over my body sent tingles down my spine. My hands began to itch, I felt the need to turn around and touch whoever it was. I say whoever but I know it's Luke with his cocky smile and perfect hair.

The feeling came and went so fast that I was left doubting myself. I turned around and just like I suspected there was nothing there but trees. I shook off the feeling and began searching. They can hide but their giggles and 'whispers' give them away. I approached the rattling bush, playing along.

"Hmmmmm I wonder where they are. They're so good at hiding. I'll never be able to find them." Advancing with each word. I peered over the top of the bush
"boo."

They were all looking up at me with large eyes and cheesy grins.
"What did I teach you to do?"
As it dawned on them they all stood up and began to run. Just like I told them too they began to run back to the house.

I ran after them, the sound of laughter filling the air. I got to the clearing, right in front of the house with all eyes on me. I could sense the tension, some looked panicked and others intrigued.

I felt something wrap around my leg and I lifted it before I fell. Lucy, an adorable 5 year old missing her two front teeth is lying on top of me. I started tickling her, I could feel the tension dissolve as the chatting started again. Soon enough I found myself at the bottom of a dog pile, in the middle of a tickle fight.

A cough brought about a ceasefire. I could see the sky again as the kids climbed off of me. Curious to see who could get that reaction I tilted my head backwards. Even from this angle, I can see his smirk. Over his folded arms I can see him peering down at me, with that lopsided smile. All eyes are on him but he's only looking at me. It reminds me of something from a sappy romantic movie, when it goes in slow motion. FYI it doesn't, I just feel awkward and a bit light headed as the blood isn't getting to my head.

I swiftly roll onto my stomach, before I can get up Luke crouches down until we're eye level.
"You're great with kids, who knew?"
He tried to sweeten me up with that lopsided smile but I just poked his shoulder. Completely throwing off his centre of balance. It was the funniest thing i've ever seen, the shock on his face. Silence in the air and the pups badly suppressing giggles. I called tickle fight and watched as he played with the pups as they jumped on top of him. It's true what they say, there is nothing more attractive than a boy playing with kids.

As I watched them mess around something didn't feel right. My gut is telling me something's wrong. I began counting. There is only 11. That can't be right, so I recounted. 11. Only 11. I'm missing one.

I make sure not to portray any sign of panic, I know Luke can feel what i'm feeling. Think of puppies, think of puppies, think of puppies.

I quickly get my head together and slip back into the woods undetected. She couldn't have gotten far, she must have just taken a wrong turn. Before going off on one and giving out about how stupid I am for letting children off in the woods by themselves, I set a rule. If they can't get my sent then they're to stop walking. I use my own skills to try and track her. I stumbled upon her footprints, a distinct pattern of flowers. The forest is quiet and I can hear a faint sound of people talking.

I immediately run in that direction, constantly looking around insuring that I don't loose my way. It didn't take me long to find her huddled on the ground, sobbing. I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to my chest, i'm sure she can feel my heart beating a million times an hour but oddly it soothes us both. She pulls back after calming down
"I-I got lost, so I followed your scent b-but you kept running away from m-me. You changed your coat." She hiccupped throughout, making it hard to catch what she was saying but I heard it loud and clear.

She followed someone who looked like me, who smelled like me. I stood up and placed her on my hip before surveying my surroundings. I notice a few branches rustling but the air is calm. I take a few steps forward to get a better look. I notice a girl, about my height with badly died brown hair in a side braid but what caught my attention was her jumper. Well actually it was the paint splatters on the back of the perfectly good black jumper . That is my jumper.

Those paint splatters are courtesy of Scott who was going through his artistic stage. He forgot he had a paint brush in his hand and pointed at me, covering me in paint. It wouldn't wash out, so now I just wear it around the house.

I watched her run away but it wasn't until she turned into a wolf that I realised she's a threat. From the top of the hill I could see what looked like a few other wolves.

I put Isabel on my back, piggy back style and ran back to the pack house. I don't run often but I ran like my tail was on fire. Before I was out of the woods I was already barking out orders.

"Everyone but the warriors inside NOW." I placed Isabel down and told her to run inside. Most of the teenagers were reluctant to go, objecting saying that they're not kids.

"Bu-"
"I said get inside now, you have not been trained and if you go out there then you're a dead man walking. Too many people have died I am not going to have your blood on my hands because it fuelled your ego. Inside and look after the kids."

They all disappeared into the house. Luke, Aaron and Zach appeared out of no where. "What's wrong?" I could see Luke's eyes changing, his protective instinct is kicking in.

"We have visitors." I heard a round of growls but quickly shushed them. This is no time for them to be playing mr macho. The pack is in danger.

It's at times like this I thank god for my training. After assessing their abilities I sectioned them off into groups. The trackers, the chasers, the attackers etc.

"Bravo I want you to set up a 1km perimeter, no one is allowed in or out. Echo you'll be our eyes and ears, keep in contact and keep low. Attack when they least expect it from behind. Charlie and Delta, approx. 500 paces south west. 1 female and 3 males. I want you to attack from the sides and get answers. Find out how and why they're here."

No one spoke they all just listened. Surprisingly Luke stated silent as well but made himself known as I tried to reenter the forest.

"You're not going."
"Yes I am." He took a step closer
"No you're not. I'm not risking losing you, it's not happening. Please just stay here so that I won't get distracted and neither will the boys."

I can't deny that there might be some truth to what he's saying but we all know that i'm better on a battle field. Sure this is uncharted waters but that won't scare me off, if anything it makes it more exciting.

Aware of the clock ticking away I just turned around and walked in the direction of the house. I heard bones cracking but kept my eyes on the faces pressed against the windows in front of me.

I kept my steps short and took my time. I waited until I couldn't feel the ground shaking. They're definitely gone.

I made a quick U turn and made my way into the forest.

I never promised that I wouldn't go....

-------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note :

It's been ages since I last updated and i'm sorry. I'm not gonna give any excuses because I know you don't give a fuck, you're just happy that I updated and want my to get my A into G and start the next chapter......SO I WILL !!

MOTIVATION !!
DETERMINATION !!!
........food & sleep

Comment, Vote, Like, Eat Pizza & Enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
728 53 37
**Sequel to 'Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty'** **Book 2 in the Beauty Series** Normal- adj.- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or exp...
619K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
358K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...