Hometown| Mike Wheeler

By tvdxst

Elizabeth Tate isn't that well known in Hawkins Middle School, but it is known that it wasn't likely she talk... More

SEASON ONE CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
SEASON TWO CAST
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
SEASON THREE CAST
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

271 5 1
By tvdxst

A/N: that's the dress she is wearing ^ :)

I knock on the door, switching my weight onto my right leg as the door swings open, revealing Lucas in a button up and black jeans.

"That's what you're wearing to the dance?" Lucas asks, looking down at my outfit, "Sweatpants and a t-shirt?"

I hold up the clothing in my hands, "No. I didn't even realize the time but I can just change here."

Lucas nods, letting me in as I wave to his mother, father, and little sister.

My parents couldn't drive me to the snowball dance tonight, since they had work, so Lucas let me go with him. I thought that it was totally unfair my parents had work on Christmas, but I didn't mind going with Lucas.

After changing into my clothes in Lucas' bathroom, I sigh, walking out and to his room, where Erica was watching him from the doorway.

He was looking in his mirror, prepping himself, "I love this song. You?"

"Yeah, I love it," Erica chimes in, catching Lucas off guard, "But not as much as I love you, Lukey."

"Get out of my room!" Lucas storms over to his door, pulling me into his room before slamming it closed. He groans, rolling his eyes before stepping back over to the mirror, fixing the collar of his shirt as looks at me through the glass, "You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Lukey." I grin, causing Lucas to throw his jacket that was hanging by his mirror at me.

I giggle, catching it before putting it back, pushing in beside Lucas, seeing how I looked.

"Making sure you wow Mike?" Lucas teases, taking his blazer off his bed and sliding it on.

I scoff, "Who ever said I care what Mike thinks?"

"You did," Lucas states, and I huff, "You know Mike likes you, and you like him, so why don't you just give it a try?"

"Because I'm scared," I reply, turning to him, "You don't understand."

"Yes I do," He smiles smugly, "If I ask Max to dance, you promise you'll ask Mike?"

I think for a moment, before letting out an exaggerated sigh, "Fine."

"Come on, kids!" Lucas' dad exclaims, opening the door.

"Oh, don't you two look so adorable?" Lucas' mother gushes.

Lucas sighs, sharing a look with me before we head out the door.

|

We hand Mr. Clarke our forms, and he smiles at us, before we head inside.

I instantly spot Mike, who was waiting with Max at one of the tables, the two of them looking bored and annoyed.

"The party has arrived!" Lucas exclaims, catching their attention.

"Finally," Max grumbles, standing up, "If I had to sit here with Mr. Grumpy any longer I was gonna explode."

Mike rolls his eyes at the red-head, before turning to me, taking a deep breath, "W-wow..um, wow. You look...great."

I smile at him, "And you look very dapper."

"Dapper?" Max cuts in, "What are you guys, 50?"

Mike ignores her, reaching into his pocket, "I got you something. For-for Christmas."

"Oh?" He hands me a box, and I glance at him, before looking back at the container. I open the lid, seeing a bottle of baby soft perfume sitting inside. I laugh, "Thank you, Mike. This is so sweet. But, I didn't, erm, get you anything..."

He shrugs, "Its okay."

"Hey, where's Dustin?" Lucas questions, sneaking a few glances at Max while she wasn't looking.

I chuckle at Lucas as Mike replies, "Don't know. He was supposed to get dropped off by Steve."

"What about Ten and Eleven?" Max asks, "They're coming, right?"

"I hope so," I sigh, "Because I need a dance partner."

Max shoves Mike closer to me, knocking me to the side a bit, "There's your dance partner."

"No," I shake my head rapidly as we all take a seat, "I-It's fine. I can wait for T."

Will then arrives, smiling as he sits next to Mike.

"Will, you made it!" Mike smiles.

"Hey, guys." He waves.

"We're just waiting on Dustin." Lucas informs the small boy, earning a nod.

|

After sitting, snacking, and talking with everyone, Dustin had finally arrived.

He sticks his tongue out, spinning, as he smiles proudly about his huge hair.

His curls were styled exactly like Steve's mullet, and I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Mike inquires, standing up like the rest of us.

"What do you mean, 'what happened'?" Dustin asks.

"What?" Mike questions, confused as to why Dustin didn't understand what we were talking about.

"Dude." Lucas grins.

"Your hair." Max points out.

"It's so...large." I add.

"Is there a bird nesting in there?" Lucas jokes, reaching his hands out to feel it before Dustin removes them.

"No. What do you mean 'what's wrong with my hair'? There's no bird nesting in here, asshole. Okay? I worked hard." He states, patting it.

A slow song starts to play, catching our attention as we watch everyone on the dance floor start to pair up.

Lucas and I share a look, before he lets out a breath, turning to Max, "Max...hey. Um, it's nice, right? You want to, um...you want to, like...you know? Like, just you and me."

I hold in my laugh as Max says, "Are you trying to ask me to dance, stalker?"

He glances back at me, and Max follows his gaze. I quickly turn away, smiling up at Mike who smiles back at me.

"No, of course not," I hear Lucas reply, "Unless you want to."

"So smooth. Come on." Max sarcastically says. I turn around, watching as Lucas gets pulled away by Max, sending me a thumbs up.

"Who's next?" I joke, as a girl nears the four of us.

"Hey, Zombie Boy. Do you want to dance?" She asks.

"Um...I don't...I..." Will stammers, before Mike hits him on the arm, "I mean...I mean, yeah. Yeah, sure."

"Cool." She smiles, before the two of them walk away to dance.

I take a seat, not knowing what to do with myself as Dustin turns to us, straightening out his blazer, "Wish me luck, guys. I'm going in."

"Later, Dust," I wave as the boy walks away from Mike and I. Mike sits down next to me, and I rest my head on his shoulder, "They'll be here soon."

Mike shrugs in response, leaning his head on mine, and after a few minutes of silence, he speaks up, "Liz, I...uh...do you-do you, like..."

I lift my head up abruptly, my eyes fixating on two girls who had just walked into the gym. Mike follows my gaze and we both stand up. I giggle.

Eleven and Ten made it.

The girls eyes skim around the crowd before they land on us, their lips curling up in a smile.

We meet them half-way, and I can't help but giggle again, "You guys look beautiful!"

"Thank you," Eleven smiles kindly, "You are pretty too."

Mike sighs, before looking between T and El, "Well, are you guys gonna dance?"

Ten looks over to Eleven hesitantly, "I-I don't know how."

"I don't think anyone here does." I laugh, putting Ten's hand in El's.

"Just gotta figure it out." Mike tells them as they slowly walk away, and begin to dance like hooligans.

"Oh," I say, "I didn't think they'd dance like that."

"Yeah." Mike chuckles, before turning to walk back to the table.

I grab his hand, spinning him around as I pull him out, "What, you think we're gonna be the only ones not dancing? Come on."

Mike grins, "Jeez. I thought you'd never ask."

I wrap my arms around his neck as he sets his hands on my waist, our cheeks instantly burning red. I glance over to the girls who were only a few people away, and were now dancing correctly, watching Mike and I carefully as they whispered to each other.

I look back to Mike, who was staring at me with a smile, the two of us swaying rhythmically.

"Mike," I start, taking a deep breath, "The day Ten and Eleven came back...I heard you," He tilts his head in confusion, and I continue, "When you were talking with El before they closed the gate...she said you liked me."

He tenses up, his mouth gaping, "Oh. Oh, I remember that. Yeah. You heard...all of it? Like, how much-"

Before I could talk myself out of it, I lean in, and Mike stops talking, moving his head closer as well before our lips meet. My heart feels like its beating out of my chest as Mike pulls away, smiling widely.

I can't help but match his smile, resting my head in the crook of his neck as we continue to dance, our smiles never leaving our faces that whole night.

A/N: sorry for the slow update! My phone's broken so I don't have as much time to write as I normally do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 2.9K 26
Emmie Gilbert has just moved in with her Aunt Claudia and her cousin, Dustin. She had no clue about the strange things that went on in the small tow...
41K 1.2K 40
*SLOW UPDATES* "Don't you know? Boys and girls can be friends. That's all Steve and I are. Friends." 〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ Y/N Henderson. Need I say mor...
243K 6.9K 31
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. ************************* "Don't you trust me?" "Of course not! I would never tru...
132K 3.5K 28
Y/n uses they/them pronouns to make it comfortable for all readers. Sequel to Hold On. ************************* °Retrouvailles- the joy that you fee...