Three Shots || Jaden Hossler

By medicineangel

We became each other's addiction & our biggest regret. After overcoming her past, Rye Oakley had everything f... More

1. The day we met
2. Type
3. Kiss
4. Animal
5. Police
6. Competition
7. Hospital
8. High
9. Friends
10. Phone Call
11. Helpless
12. Colorado
13. Fight
14. Bleed
15. Baby
16. I love you
18. Ex
18. Anxious
19. Pill
20. Change
21. Fake
22. Clown
23. Oscar
24. Rye's Birthday
25. Angel
26. Judgemental
27. Secret
29. New York
29. Home
30. Party Drugs
31. Independent
32. Broken
33. Fragile
34. Griffin
36. Colorado, again.
37. Therapy
38. Shade
39. Cheating
40. Sunflower
41. Stupidly in love
42. Distant
43. Toxic
44. Tears
45. Florida
46. THE END

35. Paranoid

4.2K 107 63
By medicineangel

Rye's Point of View

I'm at the hospital with Griffin. He's still messy and quite disoriented not to mention extremely embarrassed over what happened last night.

"I'm going to the pharmacy on the first floor. You'll be alright?" I ask Griffin.

They've already done plenty of things to him and everything looks the same. He, surprisingly, didn't make it worse. I could've sworn that after what happened yesterday he broke it even more.

"Yeah." He answers.

...

I entered the store and went directly to the asile where the Plan B's are located. I have not forgotten Jaden and I didn't use a condom at the beach, in fact I was completely aware at the time but simply didn't care. These pills do the work perfectly fine and I'm not the most fertile woman, if I was I'd be pregnant a long time ago.

I also grabbed a box of condoms, a lot of condoms. I'm not trying to buy an after pill every single time we have sex, that's not even healthy.

I pay my stuff and exit the pharmacy and went directly to where Griffin was located. The boy's are here now... this is embarrassing.

"Hey." I smile, hiding the bag with my purchase behind me.

"The doctor said I'm good to go." Griffin announces.

"Where were you young lady?" Bryce asks. Jaden walks over to me and gave me quick hug, which I only responded to with one arm since the other is holding the bag.

"Pharmacy."

"What did you get?" Jaden asks trying to look what's behind but I jerked my body away from him.

"We're leaving." Griffin interrupted after seeing that I was struggling a little. "That's a great idea! You're a genius." I cheered.

"Okay... let's go then." Bryce shrugged.

_____________

I'm home now watching TV in the living room with Jaden while Griffin sleeps in my bedroom. We decided to let him stay until tomorrow to make sure he doesn't get triggered by being alone in his room and goes crazy again, it's easy to escape from their house without anyone noticing, in my apartment is impossible to do that.

"You okay?" Jaden asks me.

"Me? Yeah- yeah."

"Okay, Riann you're lying." He rolls his eyes. "Go ahead and lie to anyone else but not me. I know you too well."

"I'm not lying." I sigh. "Seriously? You look upset." He comments.

"I'm fine Jaden." I remark.

"Ever since I asked you to be my girlfriend you've been acting weird."

"Oh give me a break. I've been your girlfriend for one day, a stressful day." I say.

"Hey don't get mad at me. I was just asking." He reached for my hand and locked it with his. "I want you to be okay."

"I haven't had a decent sleep in what it seems forever. I'm not okay." I confess. In all honesty, when was the last time I slept like a normal person? It feels like it's been weeks. I'm exhausted.

"Why don't you get some sleep? Right here with me. Hunter won't be here for a couple of hours more." He suggest. How can I say no to those shiny green eyes?

"Fine."

Jaden's Point of View

After a while of Rye sleeping on me I took her to her bed and laid her next to Griffin, who woke up when I was doing so.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask him.

"I do... Is she okay?" He sat up and looked at Rye. "Yeah, she's just tired." I reply.

"I think I should go. Let you guys-"

"She'll kill me if she finds out I let you go home. Stay here. I don't mind bro."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course dude. I also want to make sure you're alright." I tell him. "You can talk to me, you know?"

"I just found myself in a terrible situation and tried to fix it in the worst way." He says. "I'm sorry about last night."

"You can still speak to Sierra and try to fix things. I'm sure whatever she's mad about it's not a big deal, you're a great guy."

"She's just a bit dramatic I guess."

"You should call her. That's what Rye would tell you to do."

"She already did." He says and I chuckle.

"I can't sleep with you two gossiping right next to me." Rye groans and I laugh a little before exiting the room to go sit on the couch with Griffin following me.

Rye's phone got a notification and I grabbed it from the small table in front of me.

It's from Oscar.

"Do you know her password?" I ask Griffin. "Yeah." He says and then put the password for me.

Oscar: Just booked your flight home. Saturday to Friday. Your plane leaves at 3:25PM. Check your email.

What the hell...

"She's leaving? For a week?" I question and Griffin shrugged. "Did you know?"

"No. I'm as confused as you."

"Why would she leave and not tell me?"

Was she planning on going missing for a week? Since when did she have this planned? I have so many questions.

"I'm sure she was going to tell you. Too much has been happening, maybe she was waiting for the right time." Griffin tells me.

"The right time? That flight leaves tomorrow."

"Oh... well-"

"She was totally hiding it from me."

"Don't jump into conclusions. Ask her when she wakes up."

"I'm asking her right now." I got up.

"Come one dude, let her sleep."

"I'm tired of her hiding things from me!" I enter her room and she was just waking up probably from my yelling.

"What happened?" She asks getting up from her bed. "Is he okay?" She peaked out the door to look at Griffin who's on the couch doing something on his phone now.

"When we're you going to tell me you were going home?"

"Later." She responds. "I told Griffin I was going to tell you later. That little snitch-"

"Griffin knew?" I snap. "Yeah. I asked Oscar this morning and told Griffin. It was all last minute."

"So he lied to me?"

"What?"

"Griffin lied to me. He told he didn't know."

"Wait, then how did you find out?"

"I saw a message from Oscar."

"Did you see the other messages saying that you're going with me?" I am? "You need to get your facts straight before you start a argument."

"Oh... it's fine that I'm going." That's a bit of a relieve but Griffin lied to me. "Yo Griff! Come here." I shout.

"Why?" Rye asks. "Leave him alone." She whispers.

"No, I need to clarify something."

"Yeah?" Griffin walks in. "By the way, Sierra answered my text." He says with a smile on his face.

"That's great!" Rye cheered.

"Anyways, what's wrong?" Griffin asks.

"Why did you lie to me? When I asked you if you knew about Rye's trip?"

"Because she told me not to tell you." He replies plainly. "Literally what I just said." Rye says annoyed.

"I'm your best friend." I told Griffin. "So is Rye... it was a surprise for you. Why would I spoil it?" He ask me.

"Jaden this is stupid. I'd be embarrassed if I were you." Rye states, slightly offending me.

"I just don't like this. Hiding stuff from me. Let alone teaming up against me."

"You sound psychotic." Rye shakes her head. "Sorry for trying to impress you. You're so ungrateful."

"Okay. Psychotic and ungrateful."

"Guys. Should I leave? " Griffin asks awkwardly.

"I'm sorry Griffin. He's-"

"I'm what?"

"You're being paranoid for no reason."

"I'm not being paranoid. You said that yourself. Why would I?"

To that question, the two of them stayed completely silent. I'm confused beyond my
understanding. I'd hate to think that there's actually a reason for me to doubt their friendship. That's impossible. He's my best friend.

"Jaden..." Griffin sighs.

"Stop." Rye says to him.

"What the fuck is going on?" I ask them, accidentally a bit too loud. But I don't care.

"I'm taking you home." She shouts and Griffin.

Rye pushes Griffin out of the room. He's weak enough to let her drag him away. I followed them anyways. I still need answers.

"Rye! Stop! Don't fucking leave me like this."

"No. We'll talk when I get back."

"Rye let's just talk to him." Griffin tried to talk her out of it but she didn't listen and continued to open the front door. "Do you want him to hurt you?" She whispers to him but I still heard.

"What the fuck? Do you have something to tell me?" I yell.

"Fuck it." Griffin groans and walks past Rye to stand in front of me. "I do have something to tell you."

"Then say it!"

"Don't!" Rye shouts.

"Rye!" We both yell at her.

"Before I say anything-"

"Just say it!"

"I'm in love with Riann." I must've heard wrong. That's not true. It can't be. "I've been in love with her ever since I've met you... before you or anyone else."

For a moment I felt numb. My heart stopped pumping blood as my brain processed what was just said to me. My best friend is in love with my girlfriend...? that doesn't even sound right when I repeat in my head over and over again.

I looked at Rye, she's crying and mouthing no to me. She knows I want to rip his head off.

"I'm sorry-"

"Shut the fuck up." I say between my teeth. "And leave before-"

"No. Jaden I need you to listen to me."

"I don't want you to speak to me! Or her!"

"You're my best friend."

"Really? Your best friend? Are you out of your God damn mind?"

"Yes. He is your best friend and mine too." Rye gets in the way. "That's why he has respected our relationship and helped us."

"She's right and you know that. I'm going to take some time apart from everyone and figure things out-"

"I don't care." I hiss. "Just fucking leave!" I push him.

"Jaden!"

Joshua appeared in the door frame since it was completely opened, holding his baby and looking at us as if he just saw a ghost.

Rye's Point of View

I'm panicking. This can't be fucking happening. Everything was bad enough and now Joshua is here which makes things ten times worse. This is a fucking nightmare.

I just want to go home.

"What is the yelling for? I've been hearing that all the way from the elevator." Joshua says walking in. I didn't realize we were being so loud.

"You're here early." I avoid his question. "Yeah, I wanted to check on you. Thank God I did."

"It's not like she's in danger or anything." Jaden tells Joshua. "Stop. Nobody said I was." I say.

"I'm leaving before I do something stupid." Jaden groans before he stormed out of the apartment. I tried to go after him but Griffin stopped me.

"Let him calm down." Griffin says. "You know how he gets."

"Can someone explain what the hell just happened?" Joshua questions both of us.

"We had a fight and Jaden acted like Jaden." I explain.

He's acting like old Jaden but can I blame him? It's not everyday when you find out your best friend likes your girlfriend. I knew he was going to react like this, that's why I wanted to take Griffin home and do it myself. I understand why Jaden is hurt and I'm on his side because I also felt betrayed by Griffin for not telling me earlier. No matter how hurt I am I won't let Jaden abuse him in any way, specially after the night Griffin had, he wouldn't be able to defend himself.

They're best friends not enemies. I'd hate myself if I had to live with the fact that they broke off their friendship because of me.

I'm upset because Jaden was doing so well with his anger, controlling himself better and I know this triggered him. God knows what he might do now that he's mad.

"I want to go home." Griffin says. "I'll take you home." I tell him, going to get my keys from the kitchen table.

"We can take him in my car." Joshua suggests and I nodded in agreement."

____________

Me: please answer my calls

Me: i dont see why youre
mad at me, this isn't my fault

Me: answer me please

Me: i want to know youre okay

Me: i love you

"Stop texting him. Don't be a clown." Madison takes my phone away. "He'll answer when he's ready." Addison adds.

I invited them over to help me pack for tomorrow. I feel a little sick since I took the after pill. I told them everything that has happened in the last twenty four hours in my life to which they thought it was crazy and messed up.

"Do you think he's going to breakup with me?"

"What? No." Madison says. "You're right. It's not like I would let him leave me." I joke and we laugh.

I'm obsessed with him and I'm not ashamed to say it. I love him and I'd go through anything for him. There's no way in hell I would let him breakup with me.

"What if Griffin would've confessed his feelings before you and Jaden happened, would you have considered him? I mean, you guys are pretty close." Madison's question took me by surprise. "Griffin is the sweetest and most caring person I've ever met. Any girl would be lucky to date someone like him but he's not my type." I respond.

"Your type is emo boys with a bad attitude?" Addison asks humorously and I giggle nodding my head. "Bingo."

"I'm a pretty ballerina who likes boys with a bunch of tattoos and a mild drug addiction." I add and we all laugh.

___________

I'm all alone now. It's passed midnight and I'm doing exercises, trying to get myself tired so I can go to sleep. I did a lot of exercises in dance, stopping suddenly can affect my health. I kinda did stop after I got fired, maybe that's why I'm not getting any sleep? Because I'm not tired enough? Does that make any sense?

Bryce balls: are u awake ugly frog

Me: romantic <3 yeah

Bryce balls: im going to visit you

Me: its 1 in the morning

Bryce balls: i know

Bryce balls: i was out and it got boring without you guys so

Me: alright

I finished doing my exercises right when Bryce knocked on my door so I went to open it. I'm surprised he remembers the password to get in the complex.

"Why are you dressed like a yoga master?"

"I was working out." I answer Bryce's question as we both walk in my room. "At one in the morning?"

"Let's see; you got fired, you dyed your hair brown, Griffin confessed his love to you and now you're doing exercises at one in the morning... Rye I'm sorry to break it to you're having a mid life crisis." He adds and I giggle knowing he's technically right. "You forgot my mother passing away." I add.

"Plus I heard what happened after we left the hospital. Not gonna lie Griffin had some balls to tell Jaden."

"Don't remind me." I sigh. "Anyways, I'm going home tomorrow. Can you take me to the airport? I don't think Jaden will show up."

"Sure. For how long will you be there for?"

"A week." I answer as I went in my bathroom to take a shower.

Bryce follows me in the bathroom and sat on the counter while I started to take a shower. Best friend things.

"And you think Jaden is going to survive a week without you?" Bryce laughs. "He didn't do well when you went to New York."

"Yeah but we were fighting."

"Like now."

"True..." I mumble. "But he has classes this week plus he's mad at me again so I don't think he will come."

"Why is he mad? It's not like you made Griffin fall in love with you. He's being stupid." I can hear Bryce's frustration in his voice. "I'm going to tell him that."

"Please." I say. "Besides we just made things official, he really thought I was going to say yes while being in love with someone else?"

"You did it with Joshua." He says and then lets out a laugh. "Okay, shut up." I laugh.

"I know it's different."

"Yeah.."

"You changed a lot ever since you and Jaden started talking, not in a bad way though. I never thought you were ever going to enjoy parties, now you do. You stand up for yourself now, I used to do that for you.. you changed."

"What does that have to do this Jaden?" I ask him, turning off the shower and reaching for my towel to dry myself. "I don't know. I guess he helped you? You became a person he would like more?"

"No, I became a person I like more. Strong, like my mom."

"You're smarter than me, you're right." He chuckles. "But hey it's good, I'm proud of who you are. Even though you're a mess sometimes."

"Being a mess is in my DNA, I can't help it." I giggle. "Thanks for being nice, I needed someone to cheer me up." I step out of the shower with the towel wrapped around me.

"Don't get used to it, I'm high."

"I should've known." I laugh and we walk out of the bathroom.

He sat on my bed with his back facing me while I got dressed. "Done."

"Aw you're sleeping in his shirt." He mocks me when he saw me wearing Jadens shirt.

"Stop." I giggle going to lay down on my bed and put my phone to charge. "Can you stay? So I can sleep."

"You can't sleep alone? Grow up." He laughs laying next to me. "Okay but only because I'm too tired to drive back home."

"Thanks." I giggle.

"And I can magically run into Addison in the morning." He says with an angelic tone and I slap his shoulder. "Leave her alone, she's too good for your games."

"She likes me." He wiggle his eyebrows.

"Yeah, who told you? Jesus?"

"Ah yes Jesus." He laughs. "I know when a girl likes me Rye, it's called talent."

"It's called you're full of yourself."

"I'm going to date her, watch." He says with confidence which made me laugh again. "Now go to sleep and stop bothering me."

I'm glad he came over. He knows how to cheer me up and make me happy. It's been the worst day and he manages to make me laugh either way. He's the best friend anyone could ever ask for, I'm so lucky to have him.

______________

Me: jaden please answer...

Jaden never called or texted back and now I'm scared of what could happen. I'm afraid he's going to leave me for good. Everyone told me yesterday that he wouldn't but his actions are telling me something else.

I'm at the airport after being dropped off by Bryce who kept me company all night and day. He even attempted to make me breakfast... he failed and we had to eat from Mc Donalds but at least he tried.

Oscar: See you later sweetheart, I'm picking you guys up with my daughter. Is that okay with you? She's excited.

Me: all good yes :)

Oscar: I didn't cancel the other ticket so you can have more space for yourself.

Me: thank you xx

I won't be alone with Oscar and I know he did it on purpose because he knows how awkward and uncomfortable I get at first if I'm alone with him. It's all part of the trauma I have left from the past.

I'm sitting on the floor charging my phone and cuddling one of Jaden's hoodie, waiting for my flight to be called.

"Hello, Riann Hossler." A guy caught my attention and I look up. "That sounds better than Oakley." He smiles.

"Jaden!" I got up with excitement and jumped into his arms.

"Let's get you home baby."

_______________________________

Author's note:

Hello loves! Bryce is such a cute best friend :,) my guy best friend and I are literally that close, it's the best thing.

I know Jaden and Rye are leaving even though they have the Griff situation but everything will brought up and talked about when they come back.

BTW thanks to linaaareeey who is translating this book into Russian ❤️ you can find it in her page and read it (for those who speak the language or if you know someone who does)

Are you excited for their trip???

Leave a like and comment <3

-g.r

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 115 15
π™Έπš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘ 𝚈/𝙽 πšŠπš—πš π™±πš•πšŠπš”πšŽ 'πš‘πšŠπšπšŽ' πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš›, 𝚒𝚎𝚝 πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πš˜πš—πšŽ πš”πš—πš˜πš πšœ πšπš‘πšŽπš’ πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘πš˜πšπš‘πšŽπš›. πš†πš‘οΏ½...
13.4K 65 18
You are y/n Richards. Your 2 months younger than josh. You dont know who anyone is, only everyone knows each other. U love this TikToker, Jaden Hossl...
9.7K 326 17
*DISCONTINUED* Follow Alice on her path of getting better and experiencing life, love, and peace with herself for the first time in a long time. Fin...
80.9K 655 26
π™Έπš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘, πšπšžπš›πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš‹πš›πšŽπšŠπš” 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš‘πšŠπš 𝚊 πš–πšŠπšœπšœπš’πšŸπšŽ πšπš•πš˜πš  πšžπš™, πš πš‘πšŽπš— πšœπšŒπš‘πš˜πš˜πš• πšœπšπšŠπš›πšπšœ 𝚊𝚐𝚊...