Zombie Apocalypse:The Walking...

By KnockEmDeadBabe

In the sequel to Flesh...Zombies....Oh My: Allison's adventures continue as she leads her group to survivors... More

Zombie Apocalypse:The Walking Dead Rise
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 19

4.3K 133 14
By KnockEmDeadBabe

My heart was hammering in my chest. I opened my mouth, whimpered and then closed it. Tears were threatening to spill. I had no more strength left and from the looks of the place there wouldn't be good news. I finally payed attention to the figure on the windshield of my car and then noticed it was breathing. Hard. The thing that threw me off was the blood. So much blood.

The figure lifted up the it's head and that's when I noticed the hair. Even though she was covered in blood from her lips to her neck I would recognize her anywhere. Even if her eyes were in hunt mode, I recognized Sam. I held in a cry and I quickly opened the door. Sam would never hurt me and I had to get to the bottom of what had happened here as I was gone.

"Sam?" I whispered as I neared her trembling body on the windshield. Using her inhuman speed she turned to face me and her face was inches from mine. She growled slightly.

"Sam," I said with more certainty. She began to blink a couple of times and then she finally looked normal.

"Allison?" she whispered in shock. She laughed and hugged me, but then her body began to shake. She was crying. "I'm so sorry. Oh God, what have I done?" she cried and held onto me tighter.

"Sam, what happened here?"

She hiccuped and then pulled away from the hug and opened her mouth to speak. She quickly closed it and then shook her head. She put a finger up to her lips and then held out her other hand. I took it and she quickly slung me over her shoulder. She ran with inhuman speed and then that's when I felt the ground tremble. I turned around to look at the car and noticed that there was a zombie on the top. Except...it was huge! My eyes widened and I quickly took in the surroundings. I looked to the building where all the strange noises had been coming out of that one day and noticed that the doors were wide open. We neared what used to be the dorms and I wanted to cry. There was blood, limbs, and mangled bodies. Something terrible had happened here and deep down I mourned.

I couldn't shake the feeling that Sam had been a part of this. I didn't want to believe so, but the evidence was compelling. I knew that whatever had done this to the people hadn't been human and Sam was covered in blood. Her mouth was covered in blood. Was there flesh?

I tried to look inconspicuous as i leaned over and tried to examine her teeth. She flinched and I saw a   glimmer of hurt in her eyes.

"The blood is from animals. I had to keep myself under control somehow. With all that has happened recently and the relocating of the survivors. I needed to get away and find myself some food." she whispered.

"Where are the others?" I asked and gulped. Please. Please let my family be alive. I had gotten lucky once with my brothers. Is it too much to ask for another chance? For my whole family to be okay?

Sam nodded and then continued to lead me away from the weird mutated zombie. I closed my eyes and then we ended up on the roof. I looked down at the area and was confused at the sight I was seeing. There was a zombie hanging on one of the walls of a building and it looked like it was, sniffing possibly? I flashed back to the incident with Andy and when he had cut himself. There had been a zombie on the roof and it had almost killed me. Could they be similar?

"Sam what the hell happened here?" I asked and turned around to face her. Her head was tilted to the side and her eyes were flickering left to right.

"Not now. Trust me you have no idea how much I want to tell you. But right now we aren't safe here. We need to ge you somewhere safe," she replied and then held out her hand.

I nodded and then smiled.

"I trust you."

She grinned happily and I closed my eyes and let the world fade from around me. Was it selfish for me to wish the rest of the camp dead just to see my family alive and well? Was it bad that I was hoping that Alec was dead? Maybe just a little. I mean he was a douche, he would deserve it right? I felt bad and then tried to shake the thought away. I wish death to no one. But I sure as hell wish life to my family. 

"Open your eyes," Sam whispered and I obeyed.

I opened them and noticed a warehouse. There were perimeter fences but they didn't seem too sturdy. Obviously this place had been chosen quickly and without much thought. 

Sam began walking and like an obedient puppy I followed her. The place seemed quiet and there was graffiti all over the warehouse. Messages warning of the apocalypse. Messages talking about God no longer being with us and the occasional penis drawing. I pursed my lips and shook my head. I had to contain my laughter though. Even if that was extremely immature of me. 

We walked up to one of the metal garages and Sam lifted her arm to knock but then I realized she was still covered in blood and the people were going to be scared if they saw her like this. I quickly ran to her and tried to wipe all the blood off with my hands. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

"Holy shit! I forgot to clean myself. Fucken nipples," she cursed and began wiping away at her mouth. I tried to arrange her hair as best as I could and she smiled and nodded. Letting out a deep breath she lifted up her arm and lightly put her knuckled up against the garage. It was a slight sound but I heard someone on the other side respond. The door began to open and I slowly Rick was revealed standing there. He smiled at Sam but then noticed me at her side and his smile widened.

"Well I'd be damned!" he laughed and pulled me into a hug. 

"Good to see you too," I responded. He didn't seem to be on edge as much as Sam was. He seemed under control.  Honestly it was no surprise to me that these two survived. Considering who they are and what they can do. 

"Well, come on in" he laughed. 

I walked in tentatively and instantly I walked towards the noise. There were stairs leading downwards and I went slowly. In the bottom room I saw children and some mothers and Book. My eyes scanned the room looking for my family. My heart sank and I began to become frantic. Where were they? Suddenly thoughts of them being slaughtered filled my head and I had to hold myself from crying out in pain and outrage.

"ALLISON!" I heard a scream and my head shot up. Instantly I was filled with happiness and looked up to see the sight of Anita running towards me full speed. She ran up the stairs and I continued downwards. We met halfway and I hugged her.

"Thank God you're alive!" I cried and she laughed.

"The feeling is mutual," she replied. "The others will be so glad to see you," she said and wiped a tear from her face. 

"They survived?" I whispered excitedly and Anita nodded. She grabbed my hand and led me down into the room. All the other people watched me curiously and the room began to slowly quiet down. We walked over to a blanket hung over an area of the warehouse and Anita pushed it aside. Inside was a very sick looking Dianne and a very worried Andy. When they saw me walk in Dianne attempted to smile weakly. I dropped to my knees quickly and touched her face.

"What's wrong with her?" I cried.

"You're alive?" Andy gasped. I looked up and met his gaze. He had momentarily forgotten about Dianne and was now looking at me.

"I knew you'd come back," he whispered. "You always do."

I cried out and then pulled him into a hug. The tears began to stream down my face and I couldn't contain them.

"Well, thank you for forgetting that there's a pregnant sister here practically dying," Dianne whispered.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry," I laughed and then wiped away my tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked. This time nothing would distract me. 

Anita was the one who responded. "We haven't been able to tell what's wrong. Joe was been trying to get her to hold food down but she hasn't been able to and we're worried that she's slowly dying along with the baby," she whispered.

"You haven't been able to eat?" I asked Dianne and she weakly shook her head. I looked down at her body and she looked frail. Her baby bump clearly pronounced. I laid my hands on it and expected to feel a kick, something. But there was nothing. I tried to keep my worry level down and Dianne watched my face.

"Joe thinks there's something wrong with my baby," she cried. Her voice was low and even though I was sitting right there I was having trouble understanding her. 

"We'll get to the bottom of this," I said determined. There was no way in hell we were losing Paco! Yeah, not the appropriate time to think of the name. We didn't even know the gender yet! Yet here I was throwing names out, like Paco. 

I stood up and looked at Anita. 

"Oscar and Ste-"

Anita held up her hand. "Say no more."

She began walking upstairs to the first floor where I had entered and then she walked over to a side door and slid it open. There was a desk and some upside down buckets and chairs set up around it. In the corner of the room I noticed a figure standing alone staring at a map that had been set up on the wall. There was a huge red cross where the previous camp had been. That place was no longer safe.  

Slowly the figure turned around and I was met with Oscar's face. His lips, which had been scowling a moment ago flopped into a goofy grin. 

"About fucken time you got here baby sis," Oscar smiled and bounded over to my side. He lifted me up and squeezed me to his chest. I smiled happily. 

"Aw, you missed me that much?" I mocked and he laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself too much, I was actually thinking of taking over your room." he replied.

"Stupid! We don't even have rooms," I laughed and punched him. 

"But if we did, I would have taken it as-"

He was cut off by the sound of the door opening and Stephen walking in with Alec. Damn, he made it. Stephen continued talking about securing the people and that's when Alec noticed me. Alec looked as if he had seen a ghost and I saw a glimmer of  that smirk on his face. That smirk that I wanted to punch off his smug face.  

Stephen turned around to see what he was staring at and his eyes met mine. He opened his mouth and then ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. Was he crying? I was shocked at his reaction. This wasn't what I had really expected from Stephen. Sure I expected a hug. But tears?

"We thought you were dead!" he said and looked down at me. "You're safe? No one hurt you?" he asked me. 

"I'm fine," I smiled and then I felt a pit in my stomach. So I had confirmed that my family was alive. My bestfriend was alive. But where was Robert?

Just as I thought that I heard footsteps.

"I finally found a place that looks as it might have food but I'm not so sure-" 

He stopped and stood there. Staring at me. His eyes couldn't believe it and the sadness that I had noticed in his eyes was slowly lifted. I was met with the loving gaze of the man that I loved and that I had missed. I pushed Stephen away and heard him yelp in outrage, but then he chuckled. 

"You-you're alive," Robert whispered as I reached him and I nodded. His arms slowly reached to my  face and my cheeks were cradled in his palms. Slowly he rubbed his fingers against my lips and he smiled. Our eyes met and I couldn't hold the tears.

"It's you," I whispered and he leaned in and kissed me. He kissed me as if the world was ending around us(it kind of already had) but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered. The pain, the suffering, the hopelessness was all gone. All that mattered now was my family, and his arms. Being in his arms. 

"Well it's not awkward at all to see my baby sis making out with her novio in front of her older brothers," Oscar scoffed. I laughed against Roberts lips and broke the kiss and slowly turned to  Oscar.

"Shove it," I laughed. 

++++++++++++++++++++

Knowing that my family had made it out alive lifted a weight off my shoulders. The thought of living in this world without them...was unbearable. 

What shocked me was how they had survived. 

"You guys made it," I whispered into Robert's ear as we were laying there. I was getting to sleep in his arms, and honestly that's where I needed to be. Not out there fighting for my life. I wanted to be home. 

"I'm surprised we did," he replied and his body tensed. 

"What happened?"

He sighed deeply. Opened his mouth, but then closed it as if he was unsure. 

"It all started the day you disappeared. Shit was on edge because Alec had made us leave without you and no one liked the idea. They had even taken some of their people but he didn't care! With all the commotion of the zombies practically falling from up above everyone just scattered. Everyone looked for you and when we couldn't find you we figured you were dead," he quieted down and bit on his lip, contemplative. 

"We came back to the camp, with nothing. Nothing except shattered hearts and nightmares. I had to tell your family that you didn't make it. Hardest shit I've ever had to do."

I held my breath. Thinking that someone was dead was torture. Without knowing, you always replay scenes in your head. You think of different ways they could have died. You fill yourself with hopes that they somehow survived and are looking for you. When I thought my brothers were dead..the only thoughts I had were that they had been torn apart. That they had died in agony. But they didn't. I didn't either. I snuggled closer to Robert and listened as he continued to tell me what happened. 

"The other families were notified of those lost and they didn't take it well either. We lived on for I'd say at least half a day before our lives turned to shit, for the millionth time. No one could control Crossbone as well as you could. She refused to eat and was scaring the children because no one could keep her contained. She ran away...and there was nothing we could do."

My heart fell. Crossbone was mine and we had been through so much. I held in the urge to punch the nearest wall and just bit down on my lip. See what I meant about thoughts? They destroy you. Had she survived? Is she now roaming the city of Vegas looking for me? A live horse in a city infested with ravenous flesh eaters? 

"To top it all off Alec had apparently had a disagreement with one of the guard about the patrols and so they went on strike. Which I consider to be very stupid. All I know is that in the middle of the night the doors to one of their top secret buildings were left open. At first he was the suspect, but we found his body....."

I looked up at his face and his jaw was clenched. 

"We were all woken up by screams. Inhuman screams and terrified screams. I ran out and brought Andy with me. The kid held up his own by the way. He helped save lives and he reminds me a lot of you in battle. Thick headed and overly confident," he joked but never lost his serious tone. 

"The zombies they had kept in there..were different. They weren't regular zombies at all. We managed to kill most of them, but some are still there, roaming." I nodded and remembered the zombies I had seen before coming here. 

"Alec had recalled seeing this warehouse when he had gone on patrol. So we took refuge here. Most of us survived...but some were unfortunate. I made sure your family was safe and sound," he whispered and kissed me lightly. "I'm so glad you made it. When we couldn't find you I thought...I thought-"

I put my finger to his lips and smiled, "Shh, didn't you hear Oscar? I took way too fucken long getting back. I mean...there was a lot of traffic." 

+++++++++++++++++++

I rolled over onto my side and landed on the cold warehouse floor. I yelped and rolled back onto the sleeping bag. I noticed that Robert was missing and shot up, but then I heard people talking and moving around in the warehouse. Everything was still safe. I sat up and crossed my legs. I had survived, I got away and was able to find my family. What are the odds? 

It seemed as with time the world just kept getting crazier, along with my life. 

"Didn't you have quite an adventure?" 

I whirled around and was met with the sight of a very imposing Wyatt. He smirked and then walked closer to me.

"Glad you know you're alive," he said after some awkward silence.

"Thanks. Didn't know you cared."

Wyatt crouched down so he was level with me. "I knew you'd make it back. You're one tough ass motherfucker."

"I know," I joked and half smiled. 

"But you suffered. It's written all over your face. You're alive, that's what counts. Keep your head up Allison," he whispered and then stood up and walked away.

Why couldn't my life just be regular?

A regular life is a lot to ask for, especially during an apocalypse. A zombie apocalypse at that. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 514 25
After 5 years, both Clementine and (YN) have both worked together, alongside with Alvin "Lee" Junior, AJ in short, who has taken cared of him as thei...
2.4K 116 39
We all know how the story goes... A group of 6 highschool students on a fieldtrip that led to a disaster... Which also led them to cross realms betwe...
687K 24.2K 149
Urban legends and myths from around the world will be published here.