Chapter 10

I walked out of the room with Andy on my heels. His eyes followed me like a lost puppy and I couldn't help but sympathize with him. Thinking that you had caused someones death was devastating. I held out my good hand and he took it slowly.

"Wanna work on that aim of yours?" I teased. 

"You only have one arm to work with!" he retorted and sniffled.

"So? That doesn't mean I still don't have a wicked aim." 

"But you can't use your crossbow."

"And? In case you didn't know...I also happen to know how to use a gun." I laughed. He looked confused for a moment and then smiled shyly.

"Sorry." I smiled and felt my arm going to mess with his hair and I flinched. Right, arm in bandage. Got it. How many times was I going to make the same mistake? I sighed and then walked over to where Bern was standing(Dumbledore, I would call him that) 

"Do you guys have like a shooting range around here?" I asked him curiously and he looked over at me surprised.

"Your arm is injured, you can't wipe your own ass. Let alone fire a weapon." My face burned with embarrassment and I could hear Andy behind me stifle a giggle. Bern slowly smiled and then laughed.

"I am so sorry! I was just trying the act like a douche routine," he laughed and then put his hands on his knees. "Just walk out of this building, go to the left and keep walking until you see a building with black paint on the side." he laughed, shook his head, and then walked away. I turned back to Andy and he was biting down on his lower lip.

"Don't laugh you ass." I mumbled.

Andy burst into laughter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I felt exhausted and couldn't believe that a whole day had passed. It had felt like we were here for at least a week, well just more than a day. I trudged back to the girls ward. Andy had done......okay with his target practice. His aim was still way off, but he was full of determination, that has got to count for something. I was just worried about how he would deal when the targets were moving towards him. I just didn't have the heart to tell him that he couldn't go out and hunt with the others. I felt that it was a better option, but I knew Andy wouldn't take it that way. 

I looked up as the sun began to slowly disappear and the night descended over us. I heard a rustle in the bushes outside of the women's ward and hesitated. My instincts took over and I paused, listening for any more noise. There was no way a zombie could have entered the safe zone? Is there? All of a sudden my mind was filled with children running for their lives and the group being overwhelmed. I gasped and shook my head.I had to stop thinking like that. 

I crept towards the bush and kicked it with my foot. Hard. 

Someone yelped and flew out of the bushes. It was a young looking kid, about 15. His eyes widened as he took the sight of me in and he gulped.