Chapter 20

"I miss Christmas," I sighed as I finished humming Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for the fiftieth time. The guys chuckled and then things quieted down. We were all sitting around Dianne watching as Joe examined her. Things were tense, but the excitement of being reunited hadn't faded. She still wasn't able to keep down the food and they were beginning to consider other options.

Joe led Stephen, Oscar, and I away from Dianne. Anita and Andy stayed with her. 

"I think, we might have to consider a C-section," he said hurriedly. 

"Her water hasn't even broken yet!" I replied outraged.  "That's out of the question you'd kill her and the baby."

"If we don't try now, they might die before we even reach that point. We don't even know if her baby will survive, I hear its heartbeat with the stethoscope, but it's very faint. It's either we try now to save them both, or watch them slowly die because they haven't reached the appropriate time. I know this is hard for you guys, but you have to decide."

"Maybe the heartbeat is faint because the baby is in her fucken belly smartness," I retorted.

"Allison, who knows more here. Me? Or you?" 

I shook my head and couldn't keep the look of disgust off my face.

"You should do it," Stephen said after a pause. I whirled around to look at him and even Oscar was shooting him a bewildered look.

"What the-"

Stephen turned to face me and his look said it all. He wasn't going to let anyone change his mind. I shut my mouth and then turned away from him. I didn't want to have to look at him.

"If it's going to improve the chances of both of them surviving I say take the offer."

"If it kills them both, it'll be on your head," I hissed and walked away. It was barely my second day being back and already there were tough decisions to be made and disagreements to be had. I was tired of being co-captain. I wanted to go back to the days where I was the leader, and where I had the power. I frowned and walked outside of the warehouse into the street. The sun was hidden behind clouds and the air had a slight chill to it. I closed my eyes and breathed inwards, trying to relax myself. Everyone was worried about Dianne and I would do anything to see her and the baby safe, but the thing he had suggested! I just did not agree with. 

I felt someone standing besides me and I slowly turned to see a very mischievous looking Wyatt.

"Last time I had seen you, no offense, but you have looked like completely utter ass," I chuckled.

"No offense taken and yes I admit I did, but I don't like sitting on my ass doing nothing. So, I sweet talked them into giving me pain killers, so even though I'm in pain, I'm as high as a kite," he laughed and then looked at me.

I shook my head and couldn't help but laugh. There was something seriously wrong with Wyatt, I mean, he danced with the a zombie! That has got to tell you something! I looked at his neck and saw the chain , but the pendant was hidden under his shirt. I don't know why it bothered me so much. I just wanted to know why a guy like him would even bother wearing a pendant. I looked down at my shoes and then kicked a rock nearby.

"Why are you out here and not in there with your family? Not with your fiancee? Or is he your husband?" Wyatt asked. 

"I needed some air and time to think. With all that's happening with Dianne, it's just a lot," I said and looked off into the distance.

"I know what'll get your mind off of things," he said mysteriously.

I looked over at him in confusion and he began walking in another direction. I followed him curiously and he continued walking for what seemed like an eternity until we reached the back of the warehouses.