Want Me Back [JenLisa]

By mandunini_

"So you're breaking up with me?" Jennie asked. Lisa slowly nodded her head, seeing with her own eyes how her... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five

twenty seven

21.1K 691 221
By mandunini_

-jennie-

"God it's been so long since I went to the beach!" Jisoo chirped from the passenger seat.

I grinned, knowing I've did a great job using this part of my job as a way to unwind with my bestfriend.

It's a three hour drive to Santa Monica beach, where we will launch an event in a few months. I'm coming to check on the place and settle some plans there with my team and Mr. Jeon's for two days. I'll be extending my stay for three days and brought along Jisoo to take advantage of the beautiful spot. That's also why I chose to drive and not bring along our family driver. God knows I could use some vacation.

"You can roam around or come with me during mornings but I can't promise you won't be bored while I'm working," I told her, "But I promise I'll be free the rest of the day, same on Saturday. Sunday, I'm all yours."

It's Thursday night and some of my team will arrive tomorrow morning. When we arrived, we decided to eat first on a fine restaurant near the shore. The seafood really tasted good and the cool wind as we ate was relaxing. I would definitely love to come back here one day with no work involved.

"Here's the key to your room," a hotel staff gave us our keys to our separate rooms, but they are actually connected.

Another reason why we chose to stay on this hotel is we're having public figures stay here while promoting through the event, so I decided to try it out myself to make sure it's a good one.

"This hotel looks nice," Jisoo grinned while her eyes roam the interior of the lounge as we walk to the elevator, "Do you want to order some alcohol—"

"I need to get up early tomorrow Chu," I reminded her, "But! On Saturday night we can. How's that?"

"Sounds good," she winked, walking towards her hotel room door while then yawned, "Goodnight Jendeuki."

"Night, Chu."

I fell asleep almost as soon as I laid on the soft bed of the hotel, only to be waken up by my alarm clock the next morning.

It's already 6 in the morning when I finished dressing up. I wore a short yellow sun dress today with thin straps and a chic, classic beach hat.

I smiled at my reflection, satisfied of how I looked.

Seeing that I still have some time, I decided to check on Jisoo first and entered a door linking us to the same living room before I went for another door that will directly link me to her room. I went here last night before I washed up because I borrowed her hat I'm wearing a right now.

"Jisoo?" I knocked twice. I wanted to ask her if she want to come with me because my job will require me to be all over the place, I'm sure she'll love to look around.

When she didn't answer, I proceeded to open it.

I smiled a bit seeing that her whole body except her feet and her brunette hair are hidden under the covers. Tiptoeing a little, I grabbed her foot.

"Chu, wake up," I whispered. Knowing she's a heavy sleeper, I tried tickling her on her heels, "Chu—"

"Mm—" I heard Jisoo moan in irritation, her pitch a little higher than usual, but my mind stopped working the moment another pair of feet slid out of the covers as Jisoo yawned and stretched her arms out.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed my heart out of shock, placing both my hands on my chest as I backed away while another scream, much sharper than Jisoo's, mixed with mine.

"Shit! What! What?" Jisoo screamed too, startled the moment she opened her eyes and looked around, until it landed on me... and to a blonde woman beside her, who I suppose is the owner of the feet I just tickled.

My eyes widened even more seeing the awfully familiar face of the blonde.

"Oh my God," I let out breathlessly.

Rosé's face flushed as she looked at me, then at Jisoo, then quickly untangled her arms from what I think is Jisoo's naked torso under the cover.

God, they probably are both naked. What in the world?

"J-Jen," Rosé awkwardly smiled, pulling the sheets tighter against her chest, "G'day, mate."

"Y-You... two?"

I watched as the two of them blushed harder.

"I-I'm sorry for barging in I didn't know you're... you... God, I'll just go get back on you two later after work," I said, turning around quickly as I feel my face growing hot as well, "I hope to see you two dressed later!"

I found myself in between being embarrassed remembering the situation I was just in a while ago, and laughing at how hilarious it all was. They're faces and the unexpected situation they are in.

I can't wait to bombard Jisoo with questions.

Are they together? Did they do it before? Or was it just meaningless sex?

"Morning Miss Kim," one of my employees, Hyeri, approached me, "The authorities already granted us permission to prepare an event here as long as we take responsibility of every damage we might cause. The contract of course needs to be signed by you once we have the exact details like the date and programs we'll be having."

"Okay. Is Mr. Jeon here yet?"

"He—"

"Is on a business trip," someone finished it off for her.

I quickly turned around to see her.

What is she doing here?

I tried to hold back my eyes from looking at her up and down more than once.

Across her body hangs a camera, reminding me of how she loved to capture every moment with one that I gifted her before.

It isn't the same camera anymore.

...but it's good to know she still loves to take photos.

Maybe she hasn't really changed entirely.

"He asked me to send him some photos and clips," she said, holding her camera where my eyes already are.

"I didn't know he sent you here instead..."

"I would've asked to come even if he didn't go out of town. I'm hands on with these huge projects, especially now that I'm asked to devote time and effort to promote as a public figure," she swiftly said, raising her camera up to her face and turning sideways as she took a photo of the beach.

"That's good to know," I said, averting my eyes off her. There's a group of people playing volleyball on the sand near us so I tried to watch them instead.

We both fell silent as she continued taking some photos while I just stood there awkwardly.

"Uh, Hyeri have your people checked the signal around here for a possible live broadcast?" I asked.

She nodded, "Minnie's working on it with some other employees, Ma'am."

"Okay..." I said, roaming my eyes on the huge body of water before me as I slowly feel the heat of the sun above, but the wind is still cold. I placed my hand on my hat to make sure the wind wouldn't blow it away, "Make sure there are at least 5 lifeguards at night—"

"Make it 10," Lisa commented from behind me that I almost jumped in surprise.

Hyeri nodded her head, writing it off on her clipboard. I tried to focus on her instead of turning around.

"Anything else, Ma'am?"

"Yeah I need to know how many tents we'll be setting up on the main venue and their measurements," Lisa answered with authority.

Her seriousness with these stuff still astonishes me.

"Alright Ma'am, let me just inform our team," Hyeri politely excused herself and fished out her phone from her pocket.

I pretended to look around when I was left alone with her, my heart pounding harder once again.

I feel ashamed that unlike her, I couldn't focus on work because having her this near makes everything worse for me.

I couldn't think straight when she's around. I couldn't think about anything but her.

"Jennie, can we talk?" she walked in front of me with a serious pair of eyes.

"About what?"

She sighed, her hands on her hips, "I know it's a bit awkward considering our history, but we're both adults. We've been past whatever we had before, right?"

"Y-Yeah, of course," dammit I stuttered.

She didn't seem to care, though. With a straight face, she stared directly at me, "Good. I want this event to be a success. I don't want to fail my family and the Jeon, I know you don't want to fail your family too. This is your first huge project, I suppose?"

"Yeah..." I bit my lip, "You have nothing to worry about. I want this to be a success as much as you do."

Everything went surprisingly smooth from there. We didn't chat like friends, but at least we talked casually as business partners. We worked efficiently together as we survey the area and talked to some organizers and locals to assist us.

I wanted to ask her if she knew about Jisoo and Rosé, but I was afraid to set off her mood. She seem to want our work over as soon as possible.

"How about on the 23rd next month?" Lisa suggested as the two of us talked about the exact date of the event.

I froze.

That's my mom's birthday. The same day she had an accident. The day things drastically changed for us.

I saw something flash on her eyes when I looked at it, but my mind is telling me I'm just overanalyzing things. She couldn't have read my mind.

"I think that'll give us enough time to prepare," I agreed.

"It's settled then," she glanced at her wristwatch, "I didn't expect we'll be able to do all these this morning. I guess tomorrow we wouldn't have much work left to do."

"Right," I smiled a little, proud of myself for doing a good job.

My smile slowly left my face when caught her staring.

She looked surprised with our sudden eye contact too.

"Lalisa!"

It was Rosé who shouted, beside her is Jisoo, on a yellow dress almost similar to mine, who looked less excited than Rosé is. Rosé looked beautiful on her white dress too. Looking at them like this makes me think they would make a great couple, if they aren't one yet.

Of course, why haven't I thought that Rosé and Lisa probably came together?

The two of them were whispering with each other as they walked towards us, somehow looking weirded out and amused while staring at me and Lisa.

"Where have you love birds been?" Lisa asked, to my surprise.

Rosé looked at me, embarrassed, while Jisoo looked horrified.

Well she better be.

I crossed my arms, "I can't believe you didn't tell me," I glared at Jisoo.

"Jen I didn't want to bother you! You were busy," she answered in her defense.

"You call that an excuse?" I playfully rolled my eyes before smiling, first at Rosé.

I stepped towards her and hugged her, "I'm so happy for you two.... just don't remind me of that incident this morning."

Rosé laughed shyly.

Then I engulfed Jisoo in a hug too, "I'm so happy for you too, Chu, really." I sincerely said.

When I pulled away from her, I saw her blinking away some tears, with a wide smile on her lips.

"Thanks Jen. I wish I told you earlier, I just really didn't want to bother you with you going through all these..."

"You know you're not a bother to me," I shook my head and we laughed, and smiled at each other.

My smile only faded when my eyes found Lisa, eyes as hard as stone while looking far away on the waters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 10.5K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...
20.2K 606 8
They said there are only two things why past lovers are still friends. Either they are still in love, or they never were. But does that mean Jennie...
27K 1.3K 18
"break up with me,"Rosie said. "why can't you?" Jennie choked as Rosie looked away. "I.. I can't do it. Aren't you tired?" "You will regret this," Je...
49K 1.3K 62
"Rejection is way better than what-ifs Jennie," I said and glance at her. "You need to, try it first at least," she muttered. "You think? Even if I k...