||ON HIATUS|| Enigmatic Love...

By vibonboooooon

A Love Story of Granger and Lesley. Due to misfortunes, Lesley Vance, who always ended up into something wors... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: The Invitation
Chapter 2: Fanny, The Expert Wingman
Chapter 3: Watching Her From Afar
Chapter 4: A Fragment of Her Past
Chapter 5: The Preparation
Chapter 6: That Nosebleed!
Chapter 7: Lightborn's First Anniversary [1]
Chapter 8: Lightborn's First Anniversary [2]
Chapter 9: Lightborn's First Anniversary [3]
Chapter 10: The Battle
Chapter 11: Please, Stay
Chapter 12: Back to His Old Self
Chapter 13: Where I First Met Him [1]
Chapter 14: Meet The Paxley Brothers
Chapter 15: Going Home
Chapter 16: The Dream
Chapter 17: Intertwined
Chapter 18: The Return of Prince Aurelius III
Chapter 19: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [1]
Chapter 20: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [2]
Chapter 21: The Winter Festival in Moniyan Empire [3]
Chapter 22: The Lineal Descendant
Chapter 23: The Mission in Empire's South [1]
Chapter 24: The Mission in Empire's South [2]
Chapter 25: The Mission in Empire's South [3]
Chapter 26: The Mission in Empire's South [4]
Chapter 27: The Cure
Chapter 29: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [1]
Chapter 30: The Trip to Moonlit Forest [2]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 1.5K READS]
NOTICE! [THE SKETCH OF THE PAXLEY BROTHERS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 2K READS]
NOTICE! [A THANK YOU FANART FOR 3K READS]

Chapter 28: Afraid

403 31 69
By vibonboooooon

Chapter 28: Afraid

Third Person

It's been a week since they last fought the serpent, the two people who were Lesley and the prince, were still unconscious. . . which made everyone felt worried and restless. The dull atmosphere filled the clinic, Granger was now waiting for Lesley to wake up. His gaze were at her face, his eyes seemed to be emotionless but God knows how much this man is worried for her.

"Damn, when will you ever wake up, Miss Vance?" He asked as he buried his face on the soft, white blanket. And as for the prince, Fanny did the job to take care of the prince, while secretly watching and squealing mentally at Granger's unusual actions towards Lesley.

Fanny tried her best not to squeal, she then took a deep breath and warmly smiled at them. She glanced at the unconscious prince and snickered, "See that?" she secretly pointed at Lesley, and Granger sitting beside the bed.

"Now you know who the winner is," She added as she stifle a chuckle and sighed. 'I think I need to see the princess,'

Fanny then stood up from the stool and softly poked Granger's shoulders, "I'll be right back, I need to talk to the princess." Said Fanny, then Granger nodded in reply.

As Fanny left the clinic, Granger let out a deep sigh, silence filled the place, only the sound of the clock ticking can be heard. It's always been like this after the incident happened, and it felt usual for him. He never got bored, even though he felt tired.

As his head was buried on the blanket, he put his arms around Lesley, cuddling her. Well, that's what he always does when no one is around, especially the noisy orange-haired woman, Fanny.

His eyes were now shutting down, his body felt weak, and his body almost giving up, not until he heard a soft voice, whispering. . .

"Don't worry, I'm fine now, Granger."

His half-closed eyes were now wide open, his heart was racing as he felt someone stroking his hair, the voice made him feel wide awake and it's like he drank a gallon of coffee, it's the unknown feeling that he never felt before. 'Lesley,' He thought as he gave her a longing look.

Granger remained silent, not until he quickly pulled Lesley in his arms and gave her a warm hug, which made the sniper lady surprised by his actions. "G-Granger," She stuttered, but he didn't respond. Lesley took a deep breath as she slowly wrapped her arms around him, hugging him really tight.

"You have no idea how worried I am, Miss Vance," Oh, how she missed his deep voice which always made her feel calm, and soothes her soul. She chuckled as her hand roamed to his head, caressing his hair.

"Geez, I'm fine now," Lesley said as she smiled at him radiantly. The smile that she gave, made his heart melt.

It's the look that he has been longing to see. . .

Her smile.

He averted his gaze as he buried his head on her neck, Lesley shook her head as she pinched his cheeks lightly, "You're funny," Lesley whispered as she held his face and leveled it on hers, "I feel well, and there's nothing for you to worry about," Said Lesley as she giggled, but the marksman in black just rolled his eyes at her. . .

"You were unconscious for a week," His words made Lesley froze, and blinked a couple of times, Granger snapped his fingers in front of her which made her flinch a little. She then shook her head in disbelief, "No kidding, right?" She asked as she stared at him, wide-eyed.

"Since when did I lie to you, Miss Vance?" He asked, with his eyebrows furrowed. Lesley gulped as Granger glared at her. She took a deep breath, "Nevermind," She mumbled as she broke free from the hug. "Anyways, I missed you," Granger whispered, which made Lesley blush, and averted her gaze from him.

Lesley didn't even dare to glance at him, "I-I missed you too," She whispered in a soft voice. . . the next thing happened felt really awkward between them, no one broke the ice. Minutes passed, Granger stood up from the stool, "I'll get you some food to eat," He said, as he reached to the clinic door, he stopped. . .

"Miss Vance, I need to be honest, it's my first time getting afraid for a different reason," He said, whilst not looking back. The magenta-haired woman looked at him in confusion, she cocked her head to the left and asked. . . "What made you say that? And. . . why?"

Granger faked a cough, "It's just that, I'm afraid. . ." He paused.

"Afraid of what?" Lesley asked as she shove her hair behind her ear, and fixed the position of her eyepatch.

"I'm afraid of losing you."

The thought of Granger, saying that he was afraid of losing her, made her shocked, utterly shocked. She froze on her spot with her jaw slightly dropped. He then left the clinic, leaving her dumbfounded.

Hearing this from the Vagrant Poet, Granger, would make the world spin around really fast. . . for those are the rarest words from him to hear. Little did Lesley know, she found herself smiling from ear to ear. Seconds passed, she realized what she was doing all along. . . she quickly pinched her cheek and shook her head as she knew that she was smiling like an idiot.

It's a good thing that Granger did not saw that.

She lay down on the bed, thinking about what happened a while ago, the warmhearted scene made her smile and sigh.

-

Meanwhile. . .

Princess Silvanna was staying in the garden, she chose to stay at the gazebo for a beautiful view, the butterflies were swirling around her which made her giggle. "I wonder how's my brother," She muttered as she let out a sigh.

"PRINCESS SILVANNA!"

The princess turned around, as she saw Fanny from the distance while waving her hands in the air, "Hmmm? What brings you here, Chevalier Fanny?" Princess Silvanna asked as she walked down from the gazebo.

"I feel worried, it's been a week, and still, none of them gained consciousness," Fanny replied with a frown plastered on her face.

The princess let out a sigh of exasperation, she was now stressed, the news seemed to affect her and made her feel worried about them, especially to her brother.

"They'll be fine, I'm sure of it," Said the princess as she gazed upon the sky with a serious look on her face.

"Let's go back and check them out, princess. . . shall we?" Fanny asked as she beamed at the princess, which made Princess Silvanna smiled back, "Sure,"

As they reached to the hallway, there they saw Harith, dashing to their direction,

"Princess Silvanna! Fanny! Lesley's now awake!" Harith yelled from the distance which made Fanny and the princess froze. Fanny's eyes gleamed and jumped in joy, "Yay! Lesley's awake!"

The princess seemed to be happy about the news that Harith gave, but she felt that there is something wrong. . .

Princess Silvanna felt blue, she faced Harith with a nervous look on her face,

"W-What about my brother?" Her voice cracked as she felt her eyes moisten, her heart ached and she felt herself breathing heavily.

-

I deeply apologize for the late upload and the shortness of my chapter, it's just that I ran out of ideas, tbh. . . XD

Anyways, I hope you enjoy da GrangLey moment even though it was short and... I'll try to make it longer, I just rushed this---

How's quarantine, btw? Stay safe always, and lots of love!

-Rhealyne♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...