Chapter 7: Lightborn's First Anniversary [1]

Lesley

I'm standing at the stage, and the curtains are closed so that we're hidden, Tigreal's with me, "Are you ready, Lesley?" He asked me, and smiled.

"I was born ready!" I confidently said, and smiled back.

"Everyone, let us all remain silent before this party starts, I'm Fanny, and I will be the emcee for today. Good evening to everyone, before the party starts, Harith will be leading a prayer." I heard Fanny as her voice echoed through the sound system.

As I peeked through the red curtain, everyone was silent as Fanny gave the mic to Harith.

"By the way, Lesley, have you met Granger before?" He asked that made me froze.

"I only met him today, why?" I asked in confusion, then he shook his head and muttered nothing.

That's weird.

"Let us all close our eyes and feel the presence of our Lord," Said Harith, then we all did the sign of the cross, and Harith started to pray.

"Lord, please guide us and we're hoping for your presence for our safety before the anniversary party starts. Thank you for guiding us through our countless journeys..." I closed my eyes as I can feel myself tensed, I clasped my palms together, and I continued to listen to Harith's prayer.

As the prayer was finished, "It's our cue," Tigreal whispered as he went to his seat, facing the piano. And I took Fanny's violin from her violin case and I placed the case on the table behind the curtain.

"And now, we're having an intermission number before the party starts. We have Lesley Vance, and my brother, Tigreal Vander as they're going to perform a classical piece called 'La Campanella'." Said Fanny, as the curtains shoved away, we readied our positions, as I gracefully held the violin.

I noticed someone from the crowd staring at me, which made my heart beat fast for an unknown reason, Gusion.

He was here with Guinevere, and the whole family of Paxley and Baroque.

All I need for tonight is to focus on my performance, I was about to countdown, but the lights at the stage, and even the lamppost were turned off. And then, a spotlight appeared above me that made me flinched a little. And it's clearly obvious that I was the center of the attention.

I looked at Fanny who was hiding in the dark, while she's the one who made those kind of stuff, she's in charge of the spotlight that she turned on, "You can do it, Lesley! It's for that damn Paxley and Baroque, wreck them, Les!" She whispered, and winked at me while raising her hand, giving me a thumbs up.

I nodded and Tigreal did the countdown, I positioned myself, "In 3..."

"2..." My heart beats fast as he started to countdown, I feel nervous since we were about to start performing, I calmed myself down as I took a deep breath.

"1..." Tigreal said in a low tone.

I saw him nodded from my peripheral vision, which means he signaled me to play.