Kingdom Hearts 3: Dragon War...

By GrimstoneRX1300

After the events of Dream Drop Distance and Time of the Keyblade, Arcturus and Sora join forces to fight agai... More

Basic Info
Prologue: STORIES OF THE PAST AND FUTURE
Chapter 1: STRENGTH OF A HERO (OLYMPUS)
Chapter 2 : REGROUP AND RELEARN
Chapter 3: LAZY AFTERNOONS (TWILIGHT TOWN)
Chapter 4: OLD FACES
Chapter 5: FLOWER GLEAM AND GLOW (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 1
Chapter 6: RAPUNZEL LEARNS THE TRUTH (KINGDOM OF CORONA) part 2
Chapter 7: VERUM REX (TOY BOX) part 1
Chapter 8: A TOY'S TRUE HEART (TOY BOX) part 2
Chapter 9: POWER OF LAUGHTER (MONSTROPOLIS) part 1
Chapter 10: A HYBRID OF MONSTERS (MONSTROPOLIS) part 2
Chapter 11: SILLY OLD BEAR (100 ACRE WOODS)
Chapter 12: THIS SONG ALWAYS BOTHERED ME ANYWAY (ARENDELLE) part 1
Chapter 13: A SISTER'S LOVE (ARENDELLE) part 2
Chapter 14: LEVI (CARIBBEAN) part 1
Chapter 15: DEADMEN TELL NO TALE (CARIBBEAN) part 2
Chapter 16: UNEXPECTED HELP
Chapter 17: KEYBLADE HERO 4 (SAN FRANSOKYO) part 1
Chapter 18: BAYMAX'S HEART (SAN FRANCISCO) part 2
Chapter 19: A RESCUSE FROM HELL (AQUA)
Sora and Arc's powers.
Chapter 20: WAKE UP (VENTUS)
Chapter 21: NEW/OLD DARKNESSES
Chapter 22: RETURN HOME (FUTURE CITY) part 1
Chapter 23: THE ONE WINGED ANGEL (FUTURE CITY) part 2
Chapter 24: RAGE AWAKEN (TERRA)
Chapter 25: FALLEN TWILIGHT (AZRAEL AND XION)
Chapter 26: THE CONNECTION (ROXAS AND NAMINÉ)
Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)
Chapter 28: THE FACE UNDER THE HELMET (REMNANT part 2)
Chapter 29: FROM BAD TO WORSE (REMNANT part 3)
Chapter 30: RYŪJIN SHINKŌ MEZAMERU (REMNANT part 4)
CHAPTER 31: BATTLE OF GODS (REMNANT part 5)
Chapter 32: A SPEEDY RECOVERY (REMNANT part 6)
Bonus Chapter: TALK AND LISTEN MEETING
Chapter 33: DIVIDE AND CONQUER (sorta)
Chapter 34: ROLL OR DIE (INKWELL ISLE part 1)
Chapter 35: DON'T DEAL WITH THE DEVIL (INKWELL ISLE part 2)
Chapter 36: WE ARE SOLDIERS (HALO REACH)
Chapter 37: DIVING IN TOO DEEP (PLANET 4546B)
Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)
Alternate Opening
Chapter 40: INKY PAIN (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 1)
Chapter 41: ANGELS AND DEMONS (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 2)
Chapter 42: THE LAST REEL (JOEY DREW STUDIOS part 3)
Chapter 43: THE ONLY PUMPKIN KING (HALLOWEEN TOWN)
Chapter 44: OF DRAGONS AND RIDERS (ARCHIPELAGO)
Chapter 45: LEGENDARY WARRIORS (VALLEY OF PEACE)
Chapter 46: A HORSEMAN AND GUARDIANS (LAND OF BELEIF)
Chapter 47: CONSEQUENCES TO KILLING A GOD (MIDGARD part 1)
Chapter 48: THE CYCLE ENDS HERE (MIDGARD part 2)
Chapter 49: CONFRONT THE DEMON KING (REDGRAVE part 1)
Chapter 50: LEGACY (REDGRAVE part 2)
Chapter 51: NORMAL (MIDGAR part 1)
Chapter 52: A HORSEMAN'S PERFECT WORLD (MIDGAR part 2)
Chapter 53: LUNCH WITH DEATH
Chapter 54: KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD (Final Battle part 1)
Chapter 55: LIGHT AND DARK CLASH (Final Battle part 2)
Chapter 56: SCALA AD CAELUM (Final Battle part 3)
Chapter 57: MY NAME IS LEVI
Epilogue: AN OATH TO RETURN

Chapter 39: SUPER SONIC STYLE (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 2)

399 7 10
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene picks up with the gang going through more of Sonic's past, gathering the areas again and restoring them back.

Classic Tails: you've brought back quite a bit of this world. You're doing great guys.

Yasuke: indeed, but we're still missing more and more of it.

Another rumble occurs and the creature they've dubbed as the Time Eater appears again.

Sonic: watch out!

They all duck and the Time Eater flies past. A colorless Chaos Emerald is visible nearby Planet Wisp, and the Time Eater flies into it, but is repelled by a surge of energy. It appears to be in pain for a moment, then disappears into another Time Hole.

Arcturus: fucking hell!

Ruby: as long as that monster keeps showing up, we'll never get out of here.

Blake: (notices the emerald) but it was effected by that jewel. Isn't that one of the Chaos Emeralds?

Tails: it is, Blake. Looks like they were effected by the space time pull.

Classic Tails: hmm... if you guys use the same technique to pull our friends back, could it work on the emeralds?

Sonic: only one way to find out.

He and his younger self sped through the world and when they returned, the emerald glowed and returned to its original color.

Sonic: it worked!

Arcturus: nice! If this is here, then the other six have to be, too.

Yang: then let's do a "speed" run through this.

Yasuke: ... -__-...

With their new objective, they help rescue more friends and gathered the emeralds. During one of them, Sonic does his air boost to catch it, and Classic Sonic's amazed.

Sonic: pretty slick move, huh?

Classic Sonic: yeah. Where'd you learn that?

Sonic: years back. It wasn't easy, but I kept practicing and got the hang of it.

Classic Sonic: cool!

They moved on and fought more enemies. Along the way, they learned more about Yasuke. Where he comes from, he's the son of the fighter, Sub Zero, he was trained by Eraqus as his first student before he left to train with his grandfather. He also talked about his friends, and revealed that Cronos killed his mother when he was young. When saying that, Arc gets a painful flashback, seeing a woman defending a young Yasuke from something, and ends with the woman getting stabbed in the heart. This confirms that it's true.

In one place, it was different from what Sonic has seen. It resembles a Scandinavian forest with a snowfall, and a stone pillar with writing on it.

Sonic: what's this place?

Arcturus: you've never been here?

Classic Sonic: never. Then again, I've never been to a lot of these places.

Ruby: it might be a place from one of our pasts.

Yasuke: I've never seen this. (Looks at the writing) Arc, what does this mean?

Arcturus: it's Old Norse . It says "only one who is brave against the trials of Hróðvitnir, shall claim their path to their fate."

Sonic: Hro-what?

Blake: Hróðvitnir. It's another name for Fenrir, the great Wolf Giant from Norse mythology.

Yang: please don't tell me we have to fight giant wolves.

Yasuke: I don't believe we will have to. But, it might be the only way to claim the emerald. What do you think, Arc?

Arcturus: ...

Yasuke: you're thinking about doing it, aren't you?

Arcturus looks at the pillar and notices a keyhole. He summons his Keyblade, unlocks the hole, and the stone disappears. They then see Soulless spawn and they fought them. After that, they learned that there's more trials, so they followed the path, and encountered more enemies, each one with a different challenge, such as "don't take damage," "only magic," "low defenses," "no weapons," and a few others.

In one challenge, was using summons to assist. So, Arc pulls out one of his charms.

Arcturus: Hunter's Caffeine!

(Cue Caffeine)

A bright light shines, and Coco, Fox, Velvet, and Yatsuhashi of Team CFVY appear with all their weapons ready.

Coco: prepare to die.

Fox: this'll be fun.

Velvet: let's work together.

Yatsuhashi: get ready.

They then team up and attack. They used various skills to fighti back, and Coco even used her purse as a weapon to do hand to hand. Towards the end, they trigger the finish.

Arcturus: Light'em Up!

They then used their semblances to destroy the enemies. Yatsu with his memory wipe to confuse them, Fox's telepathy to send them back and cause them to explode, Coco charges her mini gun to release devastating bullets, and Velvet replicated his Keyblade and the two went super speed and took them all out.

(End music)

The last challenge came, but a field went up and blocked off Arc from the others.

Ruby: Arc!

Arcturus: I'm fine.

Clara: (scans the field) I think this part of the challenge; only one can bravely face the challenge.

Yasuke: but what could the challenge be?

Arcturus then hears a faint voice. It was speaking in a dead tongue, but he understood it as prove your worth and face the fear. He then looks closer to see the symbol of a wolf's head.

Weiss: I know that look, Arc. What are you thinking?

Arcturus: we need that emerald, and the item, and it looks like I can't leave until the challenge is done. So, if I die, tell them my story.

Everyone: what?!

Without further explanation, Arc places his hand on the symbol, and his head is suddenly grabbed and drove through the ground before kicking the paw off.

Arcturus: (gets up) I'm okay.

Blake: what is that?!

He looks up to see a humanoid wolf with armor, and the chaos emerald as a necklace around him.

Yang: the trail said it was about Fenrir. Is this him?

Yasuke: no. But this creature is filled with a strong desire for vengeance.

Sonic: Arc's got this. (All turn to him) dude's tougher than he looks. If he can survive turning into a dragon, then he's got this.

Classic Sonic: yeah!

Ruby: be careful, Arc.

Arcturus stands back up and gets in a stance. He was about to summon his blade, but then, something in the back of his mind was telling him not to use it, or his powers, yet. However, he removes his gauntlet and his dragon arm was shown. The beast lunges at him and Arc dodges and attacks back.

Clara: Arc, what are you doing?

Arcturus: can you hear the voice saying prove your worth and face the fear?

Clara: yes, but I don't know what that means.

Arcturus: we have to figure it out! Guys, help me, please!

The others hear this and try to figure it out too. Thinking of it more and more, they began to wonder about the trials. They had come connection to Fenrir, so they started thinking about the mythology. At the mention that he and Tyr were friends, Arc rememberers a specific bit of that history, right as the wolf lunges to bit him. Acting on instinct, Arc raises his dragon arm to block it, and when it hits on it, it creates a surge of power that sends him back and weakens him.

Ruby: are you okay?

Arcturus: (looks at his arm) surprisingly, yes.

Sonic: wait. He won, right?

Yang: looks like it.

Classic Sonic: then why's the barrier still up?

They see that he's right, and notice Arc approaching the wolf again. He sees signs of torture that appeared to have been there for a long time. He tried to heal them, but his magic wasn't working, despite having mp. He begins to wonder what he should do, and then sees the wolf's eyes. Interestingly, he sees both good and evil in them, and it reminds him of himself. This revelation make him do his next move.

Arcturus: I'm sorry. I can't heal you... but I'm not afraid of you anymore.

He holds his hand out, but just looks away. The beast takes a long moment, but then closes its eyes, and moves its head to Arc's hand. The wolf then changes to reveal a normal size wolf with both black and white fur mixed on both sides, along with the Dreameater symbol.

Arcturus: huh?

Wolf: (gives him the emerald)

Weiss: what just happened?

Blake: I think Arc finished the challenge.

Ruby: I think so too, Blake.

The wolf revealed to Arc that these challenges were specifically for him, because it was to help him for what was too come. He also revealed that they are the same; both great light and darkness exist inside them. It is their nature, and what makes them who they are. But, there was a bright side to it; the history on what happened between the dragons, can be resolved now, by Arc. Only he, could undo the suffering they've brought to others, and to themselves. Born in him, is the power to restore inner peace within him. So that they may finally rest.

Arcturus: (walks with the wolf) alright, let's go.

Yasuke: what about him?

Clara: he says he wants to come with Arc.

Everyone: what!?

Arcturus: he said I passed the challenge, and that now our souls are connected.

Sonic: you sure about this?

Arcturus: trust me, it'll be good. Besides, he's pretty docile now that he's not trying to turn me into a chew toy.

Ruby: I suppose you're right. Alright, he can come.

Arcturus: (grins) yes!

Weiss: does he have a name?

Arcturus: (to the wolf) do you have a name?

Dreameater: (shakes head no)

Arcturus: hmm... how about...Ace?

He seemed satisfied with that, and thus was dubbed Ace. He then changed into a summon charm with the wolf symbol, enabling Arc to use him in combat.

They headed back to the limbo and dealt with more Soulless and soon found the remaining emeralds. And even had an encounter with Eggman, who according to Tails, was captured already. And not two seconds after he said that, he disappears in a time hole, leaving them confused. Arc then pointed out that since Classic Sonic's been battling for years, could it have possible that the Eggman from their timeline been pulled here as well?

Their question was soon answered when they came face to face with the Time Eater, but now had clockwork mechanics on it.

Sonic: okay, whatever you are. If you want to avoid an embarrassing beatdown, you'd better give up now!

Eggman: (appears in one sphere) you're not in a position to demand anything, you nasty little pincushion!

Tails: Eggman! But, how?

Dr. Robotnik: (appears in the other sphere) he had a little help.

Classic Tails: Dr. Robotnik!

Yasuke: you're right, Arc. There is two of them.

Ruby: wait, when did this happened?

Eggman: after my most recent setback, I stumbled upon the primordial form of this unique creation. Which I discovered had amazing abilities even I have never been able to master. It could erase time and space! I then had the brilliant idea to use my discovery to undo my previous defeats! In order to perfect it, I needed the help of someone as smart as I am. The only person that smart... is me!

Dr. Robotnik: oh, you are too kind, my dear future self! And I was happy to help.

Eggman: I captured your friends, flinging them through time to bait my traps. Of course, I wasn't expecting that retched key-sword speedster to appear again.

Arcturus: well, what can I say? We just showed up at the right place at the right time.

Tails: but the more your monster tears through time, the more damage you do to the world!

Eggman: the world? I'm going to own the world when I'm finished with Sonic! (Laughs manically)

Dr. Robotnik: wow. Will I really get that crazy?

Eggman: heheh. We'll see who's crazy after I destroy both Sonics... forever!

Dr. Robotnik: you mean after we destroy them.

Eggman: less arguing. More destroying.

Sonic: destroy me? You and what mustache? I beat you all the time by myself, and now there's two of me!

Classic Sonic: yeah, so we'll beat you any time, any where.

Eggman: then I'll have twice as much fun defeating you!

The spheres close and they attack. The team moves around in separate directions. RWBY were fighting Soulless while Arc and Blade were on a separate platform.

Clara: those two have no idea what that thing is. Anymore of those time jumps, and this world will be completely destroyed.

???: you're right about that, ms. A.I.

The boys look to see Cronos there. This was Yasuke's first time seeing his face, and he was shocked.

Yasuke: why does he look like you, Arc?

Arcturus: it's a long story. (Thinks of something) wait, that thing's your doing!?

Cronos: not exactly. This "Time Eater," is a creature that was created by the Negative Speed Force siphoning of the Chaos Stream, the lifeblood of the emeralds. It was also forged from the dark souls of every enemy Sonic defeated. They craved vengeance against him, and formed this monster with only one purpose; kill Sonic the Hedgehog.

Yasuke: he'll beat that. Just like we'll beat you! (Runs to him)

Arcturus: Blade, wait!

He ignores him and blasts him with ice to try and freeze him solid. But Cronos isn't effected by it and parries him. He gets back up and goes to stab him with the katana, but Cronos thrusts his hand straight through the blade and grabs the handle.

Yasuke: (shocked) what?

Cronos: don't think I forgot that your froze and killed one of my time remnants. Every time I'm "killed," my body adapts and becomes stronger against them. Something you two keep forgetting.

Arcturus then moves in to help, and and he and Cronos trade a few strikes before he grabs the sword and slams it to the ground, sending both speedsters in the air. The Crimson Death then takes the katana and stabs Yasuke in the stomach and uses the momentum to hit Arc as well and sent them both back to the eater.

Arcturus: (casts cure on Yasuke) you okay?

Yasuke: (coughs blood) been better.

Cronos: as much as I'd love to fight, I have more important things to do. I'll see you when the final battle comes, Arcturus. (Exists in a corridor)

The two get back to to join the Sonics, but then all four are knocked down by one of the monster's arms.

Eggman: that was just to soften you up. Now it's time to meet your doom.

It gets ready to strike, but then all their friends appeared.

Amy: you can do it, Sonic!

Knuckles: come on, Sonic. Smack him!

Eggman: ugh. Not you!

Shadow: you got this, guys!

Rouge: you can win, guys!

Dr. Robotnik: who are they?!

Eggman: they are insignificant!

Vector: you for got the power!

Espio: focus your spirit!

Charmy: we're with you guys!

Blaze: don't give in!

Silver: I know you can do it, Sonic!

Classic Tails: you can win, Sonic!

Tails: you always do!

Ruby: you got this, Arc.

Weiss: you've never given up, so don't start now.

Blake: we know you can beat him.

Yang: give it all you got, guys!

The last pair then shows Yasuke's friends. A polar bear dog named Yoshi, and a black Keyblade wielder named Derrick.

Derrick: win, Yasuke, win!

Yoshi: (barks)

The emeralds then appear and start spinning around the four as they're lifted in the air. They see this and smirk.

Sonic: time to scramble some Eggman, SUPER SONIC STYLE!

Clara: hit it, Arc!

Arcturus: DRAGON KING, SHIRO RYŪ!!!

The emeralds merge with them and a gold dragon appears behind them before merging with them. Both the Sonics are in their super forms, Yasuke is in a gold samurai armor, and Arc's Dragon King is gold with wings similar to his father's form.

Classic Sonic: way past cool!

Arcturus: this is new. I like it!

Yasuke: agree. Now let's finish this!

They all fly off against the Time Eater. Their fight took them through a time vortex and they used their speed to avoid attacks and retaliate. The boss would often spawn in different positions, so they had to keep their guard up. But after a few moments of fighting, they delivered a powerful chaos control and used it to restore the world. After that, they got the item, and Arc received two new Keyblades.

Blast from the Past (Sora). Form change: spin dash (a buzz saw that operates similarly to Arc's Jungle Shredders)

Race to the Future (Arcturus). Form change: super mode (gauntlet and boots the grant an increase of strength and speed, and when chasing to Dragon King during this, armor turns into super sonic until drainage)

They find themselves in the Green Hill where a party was set up for Sonic's birthday.

Clara: it worked!

Arcturus: reality's fixed again.

Yasuke: what about the others?

Clara: they should appear soon.

They then looked up and saw a chilly dog falling down from the sky, and Sonic grabs it and eats it.

Sonic: mmm. Still warm. (Chuckles) time travel!

Classic Sonic: nice!

They then look to see everyone appearing again and then cheering in victory.

Ruby: nice work, boys.

Knuckles: I'll admit, you weren't half bad Sonic.

Amy: (flabbergasted) half bad? Are you kidding? (Smacks Knuckles into a tree) he was all great!

The party was then conversating with with each other while some of them were having different conversations.

Classic Tails: he collects how many? Wow, where does somebody put all those gold rings?

Tails: you know what? I don't know. I keep forgetting to ask.

Yasuke: (looks to see Ace and Yoshi playing) so the wolf's staying?

Arcturus: yep. It's funny, I've never been huge on getting pets, but I've always loved animals.

Yasuke: same. But, Yoshi's a good companion. And, it looks like you and Ace will do good. Although, I feel you're going to have one hell of a conversation with your mom.

Arcturus: I'll cross that bridge when I get there. (Beat) so, what's in store now?

Yasuke: Derrick, Yoshi and I will resume traveling around and help other worlds. What about you?

Ruby: (walks over to them) I got off the phone with Sora and Aqua. They said they got their items, and will meet us back at the castle.

Arcturus: good. We should get back soon.

Derrick: hey Blade, (they turn to face him) it's time for us to hit the road.

Yasuke: k. Well Arc, it was good to see you again, my friend. (Shakes his hand)

Arcturus: you too, buddy.

Yasuke: and it was a pleasure to meet you, Ruby.

Ruby: you too, Yasuke. It's always nice to meet one of Arc's friends.

Weiss: you guys take care.

Derrick: we will. Later, Arc.

Arcturus: bye, Derrick. Bye, Yoshi.

The polar bear dog barks and they trio head on their way. They turn back to Sonic and Classic Sonic.

Sonic: it was great teaming up with you. Hope you learned a few tricks that will help you out in the future. I mean the past. You know what I mean.

Classic Sonic: yeah. And actually, there's one thing.

He then runs and jumps, and tries do an Air Boost, but only for a split second. He stands in mid air and then falls down, landing on his head.

Sonic: dude, sweet! And you're only going to get better.

Tails: that's true. Although...

Classic Tails: we won't remember this, will we?

Clara: with the timeline repairing itself, you guys will most likely just view this as a dream.

Classic Sonic: (smiles) that's alright. It was fun working with my future self, and knowing that we're still going strong in the future, is good enough for me. (Looks at everyone) and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Arcturus: me too, Sonic.

Classic Tails: (points to something) there's our ride.

They look to see a portal leading back to their point in history. They wave goodbye, and ran off to it.

Sonic: hey Sonic! Enjoy your future. It's gonna be great!

His past self gives a thumbs up and he and Tails enter.

Sonic: (turns to the team) I take it you guys are heading off, too.

Blake: we want to stay, but the others need us.

Yang: besides, we still have to stop Xehanort.

Tails: well, I know you guys will win.

Sonic: yeah. I mean, it's practically your guys's job.

Ruby: thanks guys.

Arcturus: you both take care.

Sonic: you too. And hey, after saving the world, how about we do that race we promised.

Arcturus: (smirks) you're on!

The two high-five, and the gang heads back to the FireFly.

*???*

Deep in a dark room somewhere, a person was siting on a throne and looking around. When they spoke, it was in a demonic voice.

???: what happened that day... had we been in different places... had our roles been switched... Would I have your life, and you mine? (Clenches hand) let's settle this... Mickey.

Author's note: Generations is done, and we have the items.
It's kinda funny for me. For some reason, I feel like I didn't write enough in the previous chapters, and was slightly upset. But, I think this chapter has a good chunk.
Arc has a pet. I had no plans to give him any animal companion. But, I decided after seeing the Dreameater mechanic in Union X, I'll give him one. It'll mostly be a background character and just be the companion. Also, it can serve in battle as a charm.
The trails were inspired by the Trials of Musphilheim in God of War. Plus, I've been looking into Norse Mythology the past week cause God of War's been on my mind and I'm getting anxious for any GOW5 news.
Since they never fully explained what the Time Eater is in the game, I decided to make this thing a Soulless, forged from all of Sonic's previous final bosses. I had also considered giving Arc Richard's armor, but since I did a re-color of his normal one with darkness, I think this is good. I didn't make it, though, it belongs to it's original owner.
The ending is a preview to what's to come in the next few chapters. But before we get there, next part is something I've been putting off for a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 4 18
after the keyblade war the door to kingdom hearts is sealed shut. every keyblade in the universe and all the darkness is sealed away forever. the leg...
7.8K 149 10
Many people have different versions of themselves scattered throughout the multiverse. Unfortunately, due to certain events in the multiverse, realit...
6.5K 85 21
Here's the 6th adventure of the Kingdom Hearts journeys. Staying behind to find their three missing friends, Sora, and some of his friends look aroun...
1.4K 15 14
This is a little something I've been thinking about. Essentially, this is just a book where you can ask questions about my characters from my stories...