The Daughter of Time (Ace of...

By marcyswales17

Ace of Queen series. Maya Dorin's story More

Ch.1 Steal a Glimpse
Ch.2 Angel
Ch.3 Life's a beach
Ch.5 What's your name?
Ch.6 Tigress
Ch.7 Sweet Baby
Ch.8 Brown Eyed Devil
Ch.9 The King
Ch.10 Sand and Time
Ch.11 For Hire
Ch.12 Three Full Moons
Ch.13 Chef's Kiss
Ch.14 Family
Ch.15 Derailed
Ch.16 Granddaughter
Ch.17 Creating Chaos
Ch.18 Gemini Blues
Ch.19 Lie to Me
Ch.20 Bleeding heart
Ch.21 Mati
Ch.22 Aphros
Ch.23 My Fiza
Ch.24 Never be Enough
Ch.25 You're home....
Ch.26 When you're in love
Ch.27 Home in You
Ch.28 Little things
Ch.29 Olives
Ch.30 If I had a soul....
Ch.31 Sugarless
Ch.32 Boundaries
Ch.33 Good News
Ch.34 A Whole New World
Ch.35 Three Wishes
Ch.36 Tyveer
Ch.37 Bells of Hell
Ch.38 Ira
Ch. 39 White Tiger
Ch.40 A Promise
Ch.41 See no evil, Hear no evil
Ch.42 The temple of Apollo
Ch.43 A Good Man
Ch.44 Thetis
Ch.45 Time Keeper
Ch.46 Selfish
Ch.47 A family Man
Ch.48 Nura
CH.49 Three
Ch.50 Heal
Ch.50 Flames
Ch.52 Clare Bear
Ch.53 Shooting Stars
Ch. 54 Comet
Epilogue

Ch.4 Ink

10.6K 764 161
By marcyswales17

Chapter 4

Maya scurried up on her bed as she pulled the pillow to her chest. A chilling shiver ran down her spin as her heart looked for a corner to hide behind.

He saw her. He had really seen her.

Maya didn't know whether she should be thrilled or frightened. A part of her heart was exhilarated with the knowledge that her mate had gotten a glimpse of her but the feeling was coated with worry and curiosity.

How had he known he was about to be blasted? How did he deflect the blast.....

Maya's mind itched her to go back. If he was able to see her, maybe she could do it again. Maybe she could even talk to him and find about what happened to Fiza. As much as the idea excited her, Maya knew it wasn't a good choice.

Her mind had transported her without her permission. Something was definitely wrong. Gemma had said her outburst would be in small increments. But Maya had just had three within the span of an hour.

Maya had to tell her mother. She didn't want to walk around as a ticking time bomb. She knew deep within her bones something was wrong. Tossing the pillow aside, Maya rolled out of bed and headed for her door. Her fingers gripped the brass door knob as she pushed her body against it and shoved. But instead of the palace halls, Maya walked into a dark narrow passage.

She stilled immediately before turning to go back into her room. But the door had disappeared. Maya felt around in the darkness, trying to figure out where she had landed. At the end of the passage, she saw an open door with colored lights pouring out. The sound of heavy bass and drums echoed somewhere in the building as Maya began to inch closer to the door.

When she arrived, Maya peeked inside. It was a dressing room, with a fancy vanity and a rack full of feathery sparkling costumes. In the corner of the room was a long yellow couch and an orange coffee table. The walls were covered in an ugly wallpaper and the air was thick with the scent of cigarettes. Maya looked around wondering what all this could be about. When he heard the tapping of heels outside in the halls, she looked over her shoulder.

A tall girl with long black hair walked into the room. Her hair curled away from her face as her heavily lined eyes searched through her tiny purse. Maya looked her up and down. She wore High waisted bell bottom jeans and a white band shirt that she had tied up. A cigarette hung from her plum lips as she took a long drag and blew out the smoke.

"Roy," the girl called out as she looked up from her purse. "You in here?"

"Ah shit," Maya muttered as she recognized herself. "What's with all that eyeliner?"

She watched, shaking her head, as the old Maya moved to the brightly lit mirror and ran her hand through her hair. She tossed her purse onto the ugly yellow couch as she picked up a bottle of hairspray and went to town.

Maya pinched her nose and took a step back from the toxic fume as she waved the air in front of her.

"Willow!" A man's voice called out from the hall.

Maya's heart leaped up. She knew that deep voice. Her eyes turned to the doorway as Roy walked in. He too wore bell bottom jeans and a very questionable top. Maya giggled as she eyed him. He could have easily been an honorary member of Led Zeppelin.

"You ready baby?" Willow turned from the mirror to look at Roy with a glint in her eyes.

"Whatever you want," Roy smiled as he clapped his hands together and rubbed them. "Where do you want me?"

"Ah...." Maya looked from Willow to Roy. "Oh please don't do what I think you're about to do...."

Willow ran into Roy's arms as she connected her lips against his. Maya shrieked as she covered her eyes and blushed.

"Ew, ew, ew" she said as she shook her head. She heard Roy's deep laugh as Willow pulled him onto the couch.

"Oh my god," Maya said. "The door is open people. At least close the door! Some could walk right in!"

"Where is it?" Roy asked as Willow loomed over him on the couch. He pushed her hair out of her face as he kissed her tenderly.

"I'll go get it," Willow said, jumping up. Maya moved out of the way as she watched the girl grab her purse. Her eyes grew wide as headlights as Willow pulled a tattoo gun out from inside.

"Take off your shirt," Willow said as she turned to look at Roy.

Maya's jaw dropped as the man took his shirt off and tossed it aside. His hair was up to his neck and a stubborn strand hung over his forehead. Maya wanted to flick it back, but she remained where she was.

She watched as Willow set up her station and Roy turned on the radio. He took a seat in front of her as she held up the tattoo gun. The small room filled with the sound of a 70's rock band and the scent of cigarettes. The buzz from the little machine switched on as Maya took a step closer to the couple.

"What do you want, babe?" Willow asked.

"I want you," Roy said.

Maya looked to Willow as she smirked. Roy took the cigarette from her lips and squashed it in the ashtray. He leaned back in his seat and placed his arms behind his head.

"Right here?" Willow asked as she placed her fingers over his heart.

"Right there," Roy nodded as he watched her.

Maya nervously began to chew on her bottom lip as Willow lowered her tattoo gun. Her eyes bounced from Roy to the gun to see if he would complain about the pain. But the smile never wavered from the man's face. His gaze stayed locked on Willow's face as the girl concentrated and worked on her design.

Maya watched over the girl's shoulder wondering what she was going to create. She couldn't believe in her past life she was going around giving people tattoos. She became fascinated by the process. The determination and sharpness in Willow's eyes inspired her. Maya became mesmerized and she wasn't the only one. With each prick of the needle in the gun, Roy was falling more and more in love with her.

After some time, Willow whipped off the white foam she had applied over the new ink and smiled.

"There," she said.

Roy and Maya looked down at the fresh tattoo. It was a long feather right over his heart. The thing curved to give the illusion that it was falling from the skies. Roy smirked as he looked up at his girl.

"You always say I'm light as a feather," Willow batted her thick lashes as she put the gun aside.

"My little birdie," Roy laughed as he pulled Willow off the chair she had been sitting on and one to his lap. Maya moved away and turned her back as the couple began to whip up a heavy make out session. As soon as she heard Willow start making some very adult sounds, Maya ran out of the room and into the dark hallways. She shivered and shook her head.

"Gross," she said.

The music from inside the room poured out into the hall. Maya looked down both ways wondering where she should go before she traveled back. Without the presence of Roy distracting her, her fear was finally catching up to her. Her hands began to shake as she headed down the left side of the hall.

The first thing Maya would do as soon as she returned home was go to her mother and confess her sins. She would tell Gemma everything. No doubt she would be grounded for months if not years but at least she won't be flying through time.

As Maya pondered about her punishment possibilities, she came upon a set of stairs. The place was lit but a barely working naked red light bulb. At the top of the stairs was a little sign that read, Exit. With a sigh, Maya began to climb the steps. They creaked horribly beneath her feet, but over the music in the hall, no one could hear her. She wasn't even sure if there was anyone else in the building.

"What is this place?" Maya wondered as she arrived at the top of the stairwell. She looked behind her once before grabbing the push bar and shoving the door open. Cold air hit her face as she looked out onto the rooftop. Maya was about to close the door when suddenly she felt someone shove her outside.

Maya stumbled onto the rooftop shrinking. She whirled around but the door was shut. She rushed forward and grabbed the handle but it was no use. She was locked out.

"Oh great," Maya said breathlessly as she looked around in the darkness. She began to walk around to see if there was any other way down. When she realized the locked door was her only option, Maya stomped her feet and screamed.

"I want to go home," she said as she ran a hand through her hair. She shut her eyes and counted to ten. But when she looked again, she was still standing on the rooftop.

"This stupid thing," Maya groaned as she tried to fiddle with the door knob again. She placed both her small hands over the cool metal and jiggled it.

"Hellllloooooooo!" Maya banged on the door in hopes that maybe someone might hear her. "Roy!!"

"What are you doing?"

Maya jumped in fright as a man's voice spoke from behind her. She spun around and froze.

The rooftop had vanished. In its place was a beautiful balcony overlooking the calm ocean beneath. Trimmed vines twisted around the columns as wild roses grew between the leaves like rubies. A large round table was placed in the center of the balcony with four chairs. Three men, dressed in golden robes sat upon each chair, leaving the fourth one empty.

Maya stood pressed against the door as she peered at the scene in front of her. She waited for someone to speak. She was sure one of them had spoken to her.

"Mirza," the voice spoke again. "I asked what you were doing?"

Maya realized the men had no idea she was amongst their presence. She looked over her shoulder and frowned when she realized the rooftop door had vanished too. She had been standing leaned up against a column.

"We can't sit around and do nothing," one of the other men, Mirza, said. "You heard the oracle. He's going to kill us!"

Maya pushed away from the column and inched closer to the table. The man's voice was so familiar. She was sure he had heard it before.

"We can't change what destiny has planned for us," the third man spoke.

"I can," Mirza snared. "I will change the course of my own destiny."

Maya peaked around the empty chair and gasped. As her eyes landed on Mirza, she knew exactly why his voice sounded so familiar.

It was Stefano. The curly haired man from the beach earlier. But, as Maya watched, she noticed how all the playfulness and laughter had disappeared from his murky green eyes. They were now hooded and dark with anger. He rubbed the stubble on his chin as the two other men at the table looked at one another.

Maya too looked around wondering what was going on. She had never traveled anywhere that wasn't related to her past life. She felt her heart worry as she wondered why the spell had brought her here. How could the men sitting around the table be connected to her?

"Mirza...." one of the men took a deep breath and sighed. "Maybe it's all for the best. Let him have what he wants. Don't do this to him."

Mirza turned his poisonous glare onto the man sitting to his right. His lips pulled back into a wicked snicker.

"I am not afraid of him," he said.

"And neither are we,"

"But you have accepted defeat so easily," Mirza shook his head. "I will not do the same."

"Do not mess with destiny."

Mirza opened his mouth to speak but at the same exact moment Maya felt the prick on her back. She jerked up in shock as her eyelids grew heavy. But this time around, instead of them closing, Maya felt her head start to spin. She tried to grab the chair in front of her but her body was already falling. She had no control over herself as she fell backwards like a piece of brick. Her back hit the ground as she shut her eyes and screamed in pain.

In the blink of an eye, the cool ocean breeze and the songs of the gull disappeared. Maya felt the wet ground beneath her as tall grass tickled her arms. Her body felt stiff as a board as she tried to turn her head. Her ears picked up the distant sounds of crickets and summer bugs. The humidity in the air wrapped itself around Maya like a wet sock.

With great difficulty, Maya opened her eyes. She found herself staring up at the infinite night sky with it's brilliant display of stars. She felt groggy and drained as she tried to once again sit up. But it was pointless.

As Maya laid on the ground her eyes scanned the sky. There was something off about it. Through the fog in her mind she couldn't understand why the picture was so wrong. But as the seconds ticked by, the haze started to clear. Maya frowned as she identified why the beautiful night sky had been bothering her.

There were three moons.

With all her might and will power, Maya turned her head. She felt the sticky cool mud under her shift as she wiggled to get up. Desperately wanting to get up, Maya turned her head to the other direction.

A horrifying scream came out of her lips.

There, laying beside her, in the marsh was the dead body of Willow.

Maya screamed again as she tried to scurry away. Her body wouldn't move as the sky opened up and it started to pour. Maya began to scream and sob as she slipped on the mud. Willow's body laid face down, her hair wrapped around her neck and face. Her head was turned to the side, giving Maya a full display of the horrifying sight.

"MOM!" Maya screamed as she struggled in the dark. "Get me out of here!"   

What do you think is happening? Any theories? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 0 50
Girl suffers from Stockholm syndrome and falls in love with a vampire
90 0 89
The continuing story of Kylie and her life with the Guards
50.7K 976 42
Stories written based on episodes of Station 19, focusing on Maya and Carina's relationship.
9.9K 257 8
The whole story is about Mark who is a fully vampire in love with Junior, a normal human.