Forgotten pages

Von gardeniamoss

(crosspost from my quotev)(This takes place between parts 1 and 2 of jjba) George II grew up without a father... Mehr

Chapter one - Treasures From The Past
Golden Light
Status Quo
A Cold Wind Blows
Evergreen
Answers
Back Where We Started
Waiting For The Day You Come Back
New Recollection
When Did It Begin?
Rainstorm
A Loss For Words
The Training Forest
On The Rooftop
The Legacy Of Jonathan Joestar
The Stories Left Untold
Thinking Of Home
New Horizons
Hello And Goodbye
Sunlight On Your Shoulders

Time

4 0 0
Von gardeniamoss

George's fingers attempted to nervously entangle with the hair that used to fall past his neck.It'd become a habit over time but the royal flying corps didn't allow long hair so all he did was let his hand lay there.The little velvet box was like a hot coal burning a hole straight through his pocket.The longer he waited the more the tension grew,the faster his heart beat in his chest.He forced himself to take a deep breath in,eyes shutting as he thought of everything that brought him to that moment.

It had all started so simply,one visit years ago.They could have stayed estranged for the whole stay and both their lives would have played out so much differently yet they became friends.He kept every letter she wrote and she had done the same for him.After two years they were reunited and that time she stayed.The rest flashed before his eyes.Splashing in the river together her smiling at him before the scene changed.Her face as she stared down in complete wonder at the library from the railing.The morning they confessed to each other...and then he was back on the roof drinking stolen gin and dancing by candlelight she pulled him closer lips so close to touching.And before he knew it he was flung into the air,witnessing the glittering party below as warm light spun around him.When his feet his ground they were in the training circle again,sparring with her as his mother scalded him on getting sidetracked.

The sound of footsteps coming closer roused him from his memories as the anxiety that had been momentarily quelled flared up again,it's claws of raking through him.

Elizabeth rounded the corner,it was now or never.He reminded himself to be careful not to squeeze the bouquet of roses hidden behind his back too hard.

"Lovely day isn't it."Her voice had that characteristic briefness she always spoke with.It did not carry any cutting curtness though she definitely could have,instead it gave the air of simple enjoyment.Like she was too busy enjoying the day to say anymore.And she was right to be,the garden around them boomed with elegant peonies,their petals tinged with their soft pink blush and deep crimson roses with their texture like rich velvet,Fragrant rosemary filled the air with it's pleasant scent.It was a perfectly calm day,a complete contrast to the storm of fear that raged inside him.

"Yes it really is.And for such a beautiful girl."He offered the bouquet of pink and red roses,mustering up all the courage he had.

"Oh George,you didn't have to."She smiled warmly,taking the flowers.

"Well maybe not...but it makes this part easier."He could faintly hear his heartbeat in his ears as it worked to beat right through his chest as he dropped down onto one knee and retrieved the velvet box.

"Elizabeth."He looked up at her hopefully."All your life you've only ever been regarded by your first name.Would you allow me the honor of calling you Mrs.Joestar?"The sound of his heart pounding grew defining in the silent moment that stretched between them.

Worry crept back in before she finally responded."Of course I will."She smiled down sweetly.Before she could do anything else he swept her up into his arms,embracing her tight and spinning in joy.When they were both stationary again she added cheekily."I thought you'd be too scared to ask.I was almost gonna propose myself."He laughed lightly."It's not fair to make you do all the work."

When they came inside to tell the rest the house his mother was ecstatic.She swung her arms around her son to hug him tight and tell him how proud she was before she let go to give her daughter in law-to-be an equally excited statement of pride.

He held onto her shoulders as her icy eyes met Elizabeth's"You grew to become such a fine lady,there's no doubt in my mind that you two will be happy together."Robert stood behind her stoically sniffling and quietly rubbing at misty eyes.

The time to prepare for the wedding seemed to go by in the blink of an eye.Dresses were picked out and the venue chosen.Before they all knew it,it was the day of the ceremony.

George sat alone at a pale vanity.The aged mirror reflected the room and himself back to him and he silently thanked Robert for the help getting ready.There was still time before they were to be at the altar.Butterflies fluttered madly in his stomach.It was the happiest day of his life,he didn't doubt that and he didn't think twice about spending the rest of his life with her.The irrational fear of doing the ceremony in front of so many people was still enough to cause unease though.

There was a hesitant knock on the door and his mother came in.She was dressed modestly in a long powder blue and cream dress that swept down to the floor.She gave him one of her characteristically wistfully sad smiles and he already knew what she wanted to say.He wouldn't let her be so somber on this day,if only for her own sake.

"He's still with us,"He gently patted the space over his heart."Where it counts."

She looked at him a little brighter."And I bet he'll be watching from heaven when you two say your vows."She sighed."Oh where has the time gone...One day you're my little baby boy taking his first steps and the next you're a grown man with his whole life ahead of him."Her eyes misted over.He embraced his mother for a moment.She didn't need to be crying,she'd already shed enough tears for a lifetime.She seemed to have righted herself by the time he pulled away.

"And how is Elizabeth?"

She rolled her eyes."Playing it off.'I'm alright Mrs.Joestar,I've just got something in my eyes.'"She imitated that cool tone the woman tended to speak in and he could almost see the bride wiping a single tear from her eye."She's very happy if not a tad nervous."

"As am I,everybody is going to be watching."

"Every person who's been married feels that way.It's a strange feeling,this is a new chapter of your life unfolding before you and you have to announce it for all to hear."She reached to put her hands solidly on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes."Be excited because it's going to be fantastic."

He couldn't help the smile pulling at his lips."Alright mother."

"There's my boy."She strolled over to the door."I'm off to check on the bride-to-be."

"Tell her I wish her well.And that I love her very much"

"I think she already knows that my boy."Her voice trailed off as she left the room.

As one figure stepped out another slipped in and he was face to face with Straits.He was dressed extremely formally as he always seemed to be;seemingly trading out his usual hamon warrior garb for a smartly pressed black suit and a long scarf draped across his shoulders.He looked startlingly young for his age,barely a day over 30.

"I know that for the majority of our time I've been rather...Distant."He paused"But-"He faltered and his face seemed to lose a little bit of that hardened look.He sighed."I never had a spouse or much of family but I truly do consider Elizabeth to be my daughter.I love her like she's my own flesh and blood. I would do just about anything to keep her safe."

He looked out the window and them back at him."Part of me thought she'd stay in that monastery for the rest of her life.But she's a grown woman now and I trust her.She can take care of herself and you'll be there for her too if she's in trouble.I'm proud to be letting her go."

He opened his arms to the older man who stood hesitant for a moment before going to receive a hug and a pat on the back."You raised an amazing woman."

The older man chuckled."Don't I know it,I'm honestly surprised she didn't wreck more havoc growing up."

The time came when the sound of wedding bells rang through the church and people began flooding through the doors,family and friends,young and old.And George stood at the altar waiting with a racing heart.Finally everyone was settled into the old rows of wooden pews,the entire building now anticipating with bated breath for the bride to arrive.And with the deeply resonating sound the doors were burst open dramatically by the pair of hamon users as the organs started playing a tune to their slow walk down the aisle.Straits was arm and arm with his daughter who shimmered in the slim,snow white wedding dress,a pristine lace veil obscuring her face.She was radiant like a goddess and fair as a saint in a painting as she walked towards him.She was his muse.

She took the last few steps to meet him in the front of the church and through the lace he could see her smiling face.He reached out to reveal her face for all to see.He could have kissed her right then and there but there was still the rest of the ceremony yet to come.The priest spoke and as if by the sheer power of his voice the organs stopped.

"Today we are gathered to witness the union of these two in holy matrimony."They were presented with the rings and the lines he'd have to say next kept cycling though his head.

"Elizabeth,"He looked into her eyes."From the moment we met you mystery to me.And the longer I tried to figure you out the more I fell in love with you.I want to spend the rest of my life trying to understand the beautiful enigma you are."

The chapel again fell silent as they all waited for her to speak.

"Sometimes I wonder if the curious boy from all those years ago realized that he did not just become a friend but a light in a lonely girl's life.Every letter you sent me was a treasure to relive on frigid nights when I was too tired to sleep.You're my light,and I wouldn't be the same without you."

They slipped the rings onto each other and held their hands together in waiting for the priest to speak again.

"George Joester II."He started "Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife,from this day forward to have and to hold,from this day forward,In sickness and in health,for richer or for poorer for till death do you part?"

"I do."He didn't even have to think to answer it.

"And do you Elizabeth take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband,from this day forward to have and to hold,from this day forward,In sickness and in health,for richer or for poorer for till death do you part?"

"I do."She responded without hesitation.

"Now does anyone in this room object to this union?"

The room was silent.

"Then by the power vested in me by the church and God I pronounce you man and wife.You may now kiss the bride."

And with that George was pulled down by the collar into a kiss as the crowd cheered.When it ended he figured it was about he return all the times she'd held him in her arms and with one quick motion,the bride was swinging her legs over his arm.The organ blasted a gloriously triumphant tune as she was carried out of the chapel,their walk home accompanied by smiling faces and white petals.

(Author's note:Yeah sorry I was gone a couple of days so this is pretty late.This one was pretty nice to write,I feel like Straits was a bit out of character but I really wanted him to have kind of an emotional moment with his son-in-law.I also feel bad that I couldn't find a way to add them receiving a pair of scarves as a wedding present Lisa lisa's would've been the one she wears in battle tendency  and George's would've been the green and yellow one Joseph has because I thought it was just a really neat idea for it to be inherited.Oh yeah,feel free to skip the next chapter if you want,I honestly really don't like how it turned out but I told myself in this story in it's entirety so you can still read it if you want.Sorry this one was super long I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a good day/night wherever you are.) 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.2K 431 26
JJBA insert reader fanfiction You hold against what was already written, believing that humans have the capability of creating their own reality. Yo...
27.4K 352 15
My first book actually, i'm going to try my best and attempt to make a short fic of any scenarios ( ╹▽╹ )!!!💞 Warning : This contains dark shit, Vie...
1.2K 100 32
‼️DISCONTINUED‼️ Before the summery, this is a Reader Insert book. Y/n will be used, as well as acronyms like (f/c) and (e/c). These are minimal, but...
209K 9.6K 80
aha.. You're a stand user who was under control of Dio's Flesh Bud. Luckily for you, the Crusaders realized that you were not in control of your acti...