MY LIFE AS A STEPMOM🖤✅|COMPL...

Galing kay Amnarhhhh

Asmau's life takes a huge turn when her father arranges her marriage to Abubakar Sadeeq Saleem, a doting fath... Higit pa

INTRODUCTION✨
2-TWO💘
3-THREE💚
4-FOUR💜
5-FIVE💙
6-SIX🧡
7-SEVEN💜
8-EIGHT🖤
9-NINE❤
10-TEN💛
11-ELEVEN🖤
12-TWELVE💜
🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬
14-FOURTEEN🖤
15-FIFTEEN💙
16-SIXTEEN🖤
17-SEVENTEEN🧡
18-EIGHTEEN💛
19-NINETEEN💜
20-TWENTY 💖
21-TWENTY ONE🖤
22-TWENTY TWO💖
23-TWENTY THREE🧡
24-TWENTY FOUR💜
25-TWENTY FIVE🖤
26-TWENTY SIX💚
27-TWENTY SEVEN💙
28-TWENTY EIGHT🖤
29-TWENTY NINE💙
30-THIRTY💕💕
31-THIRTY ONE❤
32-THIRTY TWO💘
33-THIRTY THREE🧡
34-THIRTY FOUR💙
35-THIRTY FIVE🖤
36-THIRTY SIX❤
37-THIRTY SEVEN💜
38-THIRTY EIGHT🖤
39-THIRTY NINE💜
40-FORTY❣
41-FORTY ONE🧡
42-FORTY TWO💜
43-FORTY THREE🖤
44-FORTY FOUR🧡
45-FORTY FIVE💛
46-FORTY SIX💜
47-FORTY SEVEN🖤
48-FORTY EIGHT💙
49-FORTY NINE💚
50-FIFTY💥
51-FIFTY ONE🖤
52-FIFTY TWO💜
53-FIFTY THREE🧡
54-FIFTY FOUR💔
EPILOGUE🥺

1-ONE🖤

2K 246 120
Galing kay Amnarhhhh

It's been exactly two weeks since I agreed to marry my sister's ex-fiancé, Abubakar. Seeing Babaji's happiness because of my decision was truly rewarding. Making your parents smile is an the best feeling. Ya Aisha has already moved to her new home in Kano. The whole family was emotional during her departure. I will surely miss my dear sister.

A day after I consented to marrying Abubakar, I realized I couldn't keep avoiding Abdul, so I decided to call him and explain everything. I had been ignoring his calls and messages, which wasn't fair. Here's how the conversation went, and it still breaks my heart:

"You've been avoiding me for days. I got worried because I texted and called you, but no response. Asmau, did I do something wrong?" He inquired in his usual calm tone. I felt like a terrible person.

"Wallahi, you didn't. I've just been occupied."

"No, Asmau, that's not true. Whatever you're busy with, you usually find time for me, but not now. Something is definitely amiss."

I bit my lip, shaking my head. "It's nothing," I lied.

"Asmau, if you don't tell me what's really going on now and I discover it myself, just know I won't forgive you."

I gasped. "Abdul, please," I whispered, tears gathering in my eyes.

"Asmau, just tell me, please," he implored.

"Abdul, promise me you'll forgive me when I do tell you," I mumbled.

"Stop beating around the bush, please."

"An mun miji," I dropped the bombshell.

"What?" He sounded utterly perplexed.

"I'm getting married, Abdul."

"You must be joking," he shook his head in disbelief.

"I'm not, Abdul. Babaji has chosen a husband for me."

He took a deep breath, presumably to calm himself, before speaking. "Who is he?"

"Ya Salma's ex-fiancé."

"What?" His confusion was palpable.

"It's a long story, but the wedding is next month."

"Why didn't you tell me?" his tone held a mix of hurt and bewilderment.

"I lacked the courage."

"Can't you talk to Babaji about this?" he suggested.

"No," I whispered.

He let out a bitter laugh. "Okay, Asmau, goodbye. I wish you all the best in life." And with that, he hung up.

After that, I sent him a text message to explain and apologize for everything. My message read:

"Asmau: It's okay. Maybe one day, you'll understand the position I'm in. Perhaps some things are just not meant to be. If it's Allah's will that you're meant to be my husband, then nothing can alter that destiny. You have to understand. Either way, thank you for showing me how to love and what true love means. I wish you all the best in life. Goodbye, Abdul."

Message sent.

End of flashback.

My heart shattered into a million pieces, and tears became my companion that night. I loved him deeply, but I had to let him go. I will soon be someone else's wife.

I just pray that this marriage brings nothing but goodness, and I sincerely hope it's the right path for me.

KAYAN LEFE{Boxes}

"Wake up, Amamu, wake up," I heard someone nudging me to wake up. I groaned and attempted to continue sleeping, but the persistent person didn't give up. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see my two little nieces grinning at me.

"What do you both want?" I asked Aneesa (Ya Hanne's daughter) and Maryam (Mima), who is Ya Hadeeza's daughter. She's the same age as Aneesa but a few months older.

Ya Hadeeza returned from Malaysia just this week for my wedding. She mentioned that since she missed Ya Aisha's wedding, it's only right for her to be present at mine.

"Mama said we should wake you up so we won't be late," Aneesa said, her mouth full of a chocolate bar.

"We?" I asked, puzzled.

"Aunty Amamu—"

"Stop calling me that," I groaned at how these children still call me Amamu. Let me tell you the story of how I got the name Amamu: Ya Mukhtar's first son and daughter, my first niece and nephew, couldn't pronounce my name when they were young. So, instead of Asmau, they said Amamu. The name stuck and now almost all my nieces and nephews refer to me as Amamu. It's so annoying...

"Aunty Amamu, stand up and get ready," Aneesa whined, with a chocolate stain on her teeth.

"Who gave you chocolate this morning?" I asked.

She pouted her lips. "Ya Hadeeza."

"I told you not to eat chocolates early in the morning, didn't I?" I scolded.

"But..." She whined.

"Aunty Amamu, please go and take your bath..." Mima said, shaking me by my shoulders.

These little ones are so annoying...

"Okay, but both of you need to leave my room," I said, getting up from the bed.

"You mean we should get the hell out of your room?" Mima asked, giggling, which made me stop in my tracks, shocked.

"Mima!" I called out. "Never use that word again! Do you understand!?"

She smiled mischievously. "Okay, Aunt."

I wondered what kind of nieces I had...

I facepalmed myself and sighed. "Both of you, go get ready, please."

"Yay!" They squealed, jumping off the bed and racing out of my room.

I shook my head before making my way to the bathroom.

Today is the day when the groom's family is bringing the "kayan lefe," a set of gifts and items that are part of our traditional wedding customs. Originally, they were meant to bring it last week, but due to the issue that arose, it got postponed to today. According to our tradition, the bride should be absent when her kayan lefe is brought, which is why we are heading to Ya Hanne's house to stay there for the time being.

In about 30 minutes, we were all ready to go, though Mima wasted some time because she didn't take her bath early. Gathering my belongings, I walked out with Ibty. Stepping outside, we spotted Mima, Muhammad, Amal, Anees, and Aneesa playing in the compound.

"Aneesa and Mima, go get your shoes. Let's go!" I told them, eager to get moving.

Both of them stopped playing and rushed over to me. "We're not going anymore because we're having a tea party," they said in unison.

"Alhamdulillah," I whispered in relief.

I knew they would likely cause a bit of a ruckus if they came along, so I'm glad they're not going.

"Aunty Ma'u, you'll give us money."

"Money for what?" I asked.

"Aunty Amamu, Uncle Jr. said he'll take us out to buy ice cream later, but we have to bring our own money because he won't spend a dime on us," Mima explained.

"Tell him I said he should buy the ice cream for you; I'll pay him back later."

"But he won't agree."

"Yes, he will."

"What if he doesn't?" they asked.

"I don't have cash with me, girls," I sighed.

"Amamu, please," Aneesa whined, stomping her foot.

"You guys should take this," Ibty said, handing them some money.

"Thank you, Aunt Ibty!" They hugged her legs.

"You're welcome, my little ones."

"Both of you should give the money to Aunt so she can keep it for you until later. And Aneesa, go tell Aunt Rukks that the tailor called and said she should go collect her dress; it's already done," I instructed.

"Can we go with her?" they asked.

"I'm not sure. You can ask her. Now, off you go," I said, sending them on their way.

"We're all set and ready to go," the girls announced as they came out of the house.

"You guys can really take your time," I scolded them lightly.

"Look who's talking," Mimi shot back with an eye roll.

"Such a charming child," I muttered under my breath.

"Stop bickering and let's get going," Amirah said while striking a pose for a selfie.

"No matter what filter you use, you'll never look good," Mimi taunted with a smirk.

"Is that directed at you?" Ibty chimed in while adjusting her headgear.

"Omoo!!!! I love you, Ibty," Amirah responded, giving Ibty a high-five.

"Alright, guys, let's head out," Farhan pleaded.

"Your wish is our command, milady," Mimi dramatically bowed, earning herself a hard glare from Farhan.

All of a sudden, we heard a car honking outside our gate, and our gatekeeper rushed to open it. As soon as he did, a car I recognized as Ya Jameel's drove into the compound.

"Isn't that Ya Jameel's car?" I asked the girls.

"Yeah, looks like it," Mimi replied, and we all watched as the car parked in the empty space near mine. Ummu Kulsum, Ya Jameel's wife, stepped out of the car holding a sleeping Fatima Zarah in her arms, followed by Ya Jameel himself.

"It's them," I smiled before rushing over to greet them.

"Aunty Ummu!" I exclaimed with a grin, taking Zarah from her and placing her on my shoulders since she was asleep.

"Asmau, our bride," she smiled back, giving me a hug.

"Welcome. I didn't know you were coming today."

"Yes, we wanted to surprise you."

"Ohh. How's Kaduna?"

"I guess I'm invisible now," I heard Ya Jameel say, and I turned to him, letting out a laugh.

"Come on, Ya Jameel, I'm sorry," I apologized, moving over to his side.

"No problem, I'm just an invisible man."

"Ya Ummu, please talk to your husband."

"Let it go, Asmau. He's just being his usual self, a baby" she complained, and Ya Jameel turned to look at her.

"Who's the real baby between us?" he asked, and she rolled her eyes, muttering something under her breath that made me laugh.

The girls joined us, exchanging pleasantries with my brother and his wife before we all entered the house.

"Asmau, how are the wedding preparations going?" my brother asked.

"Alhamdulillah, Ya Jameel, we're managing," I shrugged.

"My baby sister is all grown up and serious," he teased.

"Come on, Ya Jameel, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked, giving him a playful pout.

Ya Jameel has been my favorite sibling since we were young. He's the complete opposite of Ya Mukhtar – nice, cheerful, playful, and so much more. That's why we're so close.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I can't believe you're getting married and leaving Aunty. Who knew this day would come, Lil sis?"

I sighed. "I can't believe it either, Yaya."

"Let's hope it's all for the best."

"In shaa Allah."

*******
3 weeks later
Thursday

KAMU{CATCH} DAY;

A hausa pre wedding occasion whereby the groom's family comes to reach an agreement with the bride's friends so they can release her to them. They are willing to pay any price for that to happen. It's a really fun event, and the negotiation may take up to 30 minutes.

"Zarah where's my lotion?" I asked scanning the dressing mirror.

"Ma'u, have you forgotten that Aunty said you should stop using your lotions for now and stick to the cream that the mai gyaran jiki gave to you?" Mimi asked

"I use both tho"

"Well Aunty took it earlier. She said she won't give it to you until after the wedding"

I groaned "Nashiga uku"

As if the daily torture I endure isn't enough, the mai gyaran jiki comes by every day to put me through the worst suffering, but the pain is worth it because my skin is now as soft as a baby's and I'm glowing.

In summary, yesterday was my Sa lalle. After the henna artist finished applying henna on my hands, I asked her to help me take some pictures with my phone, which she did. Later, after the henna dried and I washed it off, I sent the henna pictures to Abubakar, my soon-to-be husband. It was just a random thing to do, and the girls all supported it, of course.

And now, I just realized that I haven't checked whether he replied to the henna picture or not.

I reached for my phone, which was charging, and unlocked it. I turned on my data and opened WhatsApp. A lot, and I mean a lot, of messages had come in from well-wishers and people asking if the news of my impending marriage was true. However, I didn't spot any reply from the message I sent to Abubakar. The two gray checkmarks were there, indicating that he came online and saw my message but chose to leave it on "Delivered."

I smiled, feeling a mix of disappointment and understanding.

What was I expecting, after all?

I probably shouldn't have sent him the picture in the first place, but it's too late now.

I pulled my hair up into a bun and got up from the chair. Ya Aisha would be coming later to style my hair into a Kanuri style called Klayakku (Three heads).

We've been staying at Mama's side of the house since yesterday. There are fewer people here compared to our side, and you know how people can be – they would be pouring in just to catch a glimpse of the bride, which I find quite overwhelming. I've never been a fan of crowds.

"Guys, the car has arrived," Ya Aminah announced, entering the room. The girls got up, as they were all ready and dressed in their beautiful Ankara outfits. "Are you ready?" she asked, and I nodded.

"Best friend, you look stunning," Ibteesam complimented, and as they helped me stand up, I couldn't resist wiggling my eyebrows at her, to which she responded with an eye roll.

We all descended the stairs, drawing all eyes upon us. Guests, sisters, and relatives were all taking videos and snapping pictures of us as we walked by. The hired photographer was also capturing every precious moment.

Exiting the house, we headed to where the cars were waiting. My bridesmaids and I got into our respective cars before driving to the venue.

We reached the place shortly, as it wasn't far from our house. It was a beautiful garden where events like these often took place.

They helped me out of the car, and the MC of the Kamu ceremony came out to instruct us on how to arrange ourselves before entering.

I was positioned between my bridesmaids, cousins, and sisters, forming two lines. The DJ played the song "Aure yana da dadi" by Ali Jita and then we danced our way in.

The place was adorned in a traditional style, with traditional pillows and carpets placed near the bride and groom's seats, both at the center and in the corners.

I was guided to sit on a high, royal golden traditional chair meant for two people. I wasn't sure whether my groom would be attending. The girls settled around me.

Soon enough, MC Raheena began by inviting Ya Hadeeza for the opening prayer, and after about 15 minutes, the arrival of the groom's family was announced.

Ibty turned to me and covered my face with my Ankara wrapper as the groom's family came forward to unveil me, the bride.

Third person's POV

"Sannunku dazuwa, Ina wuni? Dafatan kun iso lafia?" Ibty, holding the microphone, welcomed the groom's family as they entered the venue. The aunts responded with warm smiles. "Aunties, our Amarya is worth 35 million oo, that's the starting price you need to pay," she said playfully, drawing laughter from the audience.

"Dollar or Naira??" Mc Raheena chimed in.

"Either is fine, and you can pay in cash or through a transfer – we accept both," Mimi added.

"Now, let's hear the reply from our lovely aunties," the MC announced, passing the microphone to one of the aunts.

"Assalamu'alaikum," the aunt greeted, and the crowd responded in kind. "Our beautiful Amarya here is worth more than billions, she's priceless, so we're ready to pay whatever amount is needed."

The negotiations continued amidst smiles and laughter, eventually settling on a huge amount of money which the groom's family transferred to the bridesmaids.

"In the name of Allah, the bride is all yours," Fatee, one of Asmau's cousins, said, and the bridesmaids stepped aside, allowing the aunts to approach and unveil the blushing bride.

"Ma shaa Allah, we have such a stunning bride," one aunt exclaimed as they uncovered Asmau's face.

"Tabarakallah Ma shaa Allah, Abubakar is indeed lucky"

"Such a beautiful creature Alhamdulillah"

"May God make your marriage prosperous."

Asmau was showered with compliments from the groom's family. They then spread a variety of beautifully scented perfumes and humra around her, as well as the bridesmaids.

After their departure, the celebration continued. The bride and her friends danced to a mix of English and traditional songs. Asmau took pictures with her loved ones, guests enjoyed their desserts, children danced and played around – it was indeed a day to be remembered.

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter?🌚❤️

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

19.6K 2.5K 57
A love story❤️❤️ Zainab a widowed must find her way to take care of her 3 children, when she met Ammar she thought he's her key to that happiness eve...
93K 4.1K 45
She knew this bus wasn't going to bring her to school today. She was afraid and scared that she would have to face this day. But it all happened and...
335K 9.1K 61
Tired of the loveless marriage. Esther Benjamin decides to divorce her devilish husband Arthur Garcia. But before she tried to leave him, he realize...
69.6K 11.3K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...